Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3742960 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) (2415) (2416) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Beorn:

Wait, so she was the woman that messed the Ares and Diana final battle? Didn't even know.
Why did they allow her direct the sequel then? They'd have chosen another person to direct WW84. Better fight scenes would've papered over whatsoever cracks the movie might have had.
Lol, how do you replace a director who gave you the 2nd highest grossing movie and highest grossing Solo in your Franchise at that point in time??

Besides not as if Wonder Woman 2017 was bad or divisive. It was a critical gem. It only had a weaker ending, but that's not to say it affected or weakened the movie as a whole. It is the Best Rated DCEU movie. How do you replace the only positive response to a movie you gotten in a franchise for four years? How do you replace such performance??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Goatsalv(m): 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2021
Recently watched Tenet. I didn’t like it much. The plot is kind of all over the place and it was very loud. Couldn’t understand what anyone was saying because the audio mixing was cranked up. 7/10 not kino but a flick.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
He didn't grant all countries worldwide.

He granted only American military excessive nukes which will be at their military bases worldwide.

Does the USA have any military base in Nigeria?

abduleez1:

Yea, very interesting. undecided

I stand with Dande.

For example:

My gripe with WW84; how the fvvk did they magical grant countries worldwide nukes and didn't deem it fit to give Nigeria some few dozens? angry
Imagine giving fvvking neighboring Cameroon, Chad and Cote d'Ivoire of all people. angry

Patty Jenkins needs serious lashings of koboko aswear. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, how do you replace a director who gave you the 2nd highest grossing movie and highest grossing Solo in your Franchise at that point in time??

Besides not as if Wonder Woman 2017 was bad or divisive. It was a critical gem. It only had a weaker ending, but that's not to say it affected or weakened the movie as a whole. It is the Best Rated DCEU movie. How do you replace the only positive response to a movie you gotten in a franchise for four years? How do you replace such performance??

Mehn, Jenkins went from 100 to 30 in WW84. The prequel was cool, I won't lie, not even the unspectacular final fight ruined it, but this WW84? Nah, e no follow at all for me. It started off well with the whole Themyscira tournament but after that, the movie tanked greatly. The final fight held so much promise with the whole slow build up, but what came next had me SMH in a is-that-all moment.

She shouldn't come back for the next movie abeg. They'd recruit a director that can give such a franchise befitting action scenes.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
Calibrator:
He didn't grant all countries worldwide.

He granted only American military excessive nukes which will be at their military bases worldwide.

Does the USA have any military base in Nigeria?

Pio pio piom!! Olofofo no go kill Una. undecided

So AmuhRiKa got bases in China, Russia, India, Brazil??

Or come and explain how Iran is in possession of Nukes?? They got bases in Algeria, Morocco or Tunisia or Egypt too??
Or you forgot bout a terrorist wishing for Nukes?
Mtchew....
Headache dey worry... Go take medicine come back. cheesy

Pesin no go watch film understand wella dem go just dey open mouth dey shout...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
TheKingIsHere:
Get ready!!

Can't wait for Godzilla to wreck that mufucka Kong
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
If only all this attention WW84 is getting could translate to B.O. money cry

Fvck COVID-19

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
I am talking about the nukes on that particular screen.

abduleez1:

Pio pio piom!! Olofofo no go kill Una. undecided

So AmuhRiKa got bases in China, Russia, India, Brazil??

Or come and explain how Iran is in possession of Nukes?? They got bases in Algeria, Morocco or Tunisia or Egypt too??
Or you forgot bout a terrorist wishing for Nukes?
Mtchew....
Headache dey worry... Go take medicine come back. cheesy

Pesin no go watch film understand wella dem go just dey open mouth dey shout...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

Can't wait for Godzilla to wreck that mufucka Kong
I hope Kong wins
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
I hope Kong wins

How can Kong win? grin even with human help he can't

Godzilla go kpokpo am
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Beorn:

Mehn, Jenkins went from 100 to 30 in WW84. The prequel was cool, I won't lie, not even the unspectacular final fight ruined it, but this WW84? Nah, e no follow at all for me. It started off well with the whole Themyscira tournament but after that, the movie tanked greatly. The final fight held so much promise with the whole slow build up, but what came next had me SMH in a is-that-all moment.

She shouldn't come back for the next movie abeg. They'd recruit a director that can give such a franchise befitting action scenes.
Lmfao.... Go pursue am na. grin grin

Then send your CV as the replacement Director. cheesy

I think the main problem of the movie faltering in comparison to the former had to do with its Crew/ Screen writing team.
Jenkins got WB to replace the team who worked on the first. Removing Screenwriter Alan Heinberg and producer David S. Goyer.
Replacing them with Shi!!te AF Geoff Johns. angry he's most likely the owner of those Campy shite.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2021
Calibrator:
I am talking about the nukes on that particular screen.

This guy funny. grin grin

Na the one wey dey my Backyard me dey talk about.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:
If only all this attention WW84 is getting could translate to B.O. money cry

Fvck COVID-19

I swear. Na the pain be that. cry

Imagine just watching the wailers crying blood and tears just by seeing it's BO. angry
Just like Joker and all the Incel wailing and provocation. They'll wail with their funny rape slogan. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
Beorn:
My grouse with WW84 wasn't that the director failed with her attempt at adding "soul" to the movie; I mean Endgame had a lot of soul in it, but culminated in a wonderful fight scene.

My grouse with WW84 was that the final fight scene was yawn-inducing. After all the unnecessary elonagated storyline, the fight scene was just bleh. One of the worst fight scenes I've watched in a superhero movie in recent times.

I was too hyped for it hence my disappointment. I expected a lot more after the initial progress of its prequel.
I have tried to look at it different ways and everytime i come to conclusion #WW84 was a hot mess and the ratings unilateral agree, even on popular forums like Reddit, it is a general conclusion that it was terrible, it's only here i keep seeing praise for it...well different strokes for different folks i guess.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

Godzilla go kpokpo am

Well, Kong has beaten Godzilla in the past movies. And it's canon. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Dances with Wolves: 3/4 stars

Solid debut from Costner however lenghty.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

Well, Kong has beaten Godzilla in the past movies. And it's canon. grin

Those movies didn't do Godzilla justice like these recent ones have
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 10:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

I swear. Na the pain be that. cry

Imagine just watching the wailers crying blood and tears just by seeing it's BO. angry
Just like Joker and all the Incel wailing and provocation. They'll wail with their funny rape slogan. grin

Everyone would have been trooping to theaters to go and see the "rape" grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

Godzilla go kpokpo am
That’s why I said hope, he stands no chance normally
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
That’s why I said hope, he stands no chance normally

Wait, why do you want Kong to win?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

Wait, why do you want Kong to win?
Because he has always lost in their previous encounters
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Because he has always lost in their previous encounters

I think he won one time grin...but I just love Godzilla..he is soo badass, I love badass
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

Everyone would have been trooping to theaters to go and see the "rape" grin

Ah swear. Walahi Talahi. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

I think he won one time grin...but I just love Godzilla..he is soo badass, I love badass

I still dey wonder how WB won do am.

Hope dey do it well and reasonably unless na outrage and woke level kinda sh!!t.

This might be the only chance the Monsterverse has to start proving it's viability. Funny thing is this movie is the cheapest in production budget amongst the Universe. grin Upon all the Kaijus and the Blockbusting Battle between King and Godzilla. grin MechaGodzilla is possible of even showing up. cheesy

Well, unless Legendary Pictures Continue to bankroll it. After all it's their property and project. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
Alert!!
Kong Vs Godzilla trailer announced. Trailer comes soon. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

I still dey wonder how WB won do am.

Hope dey do it well and reasonably unless na outrage and woke level kinda sh!!t.

This might be the only chance the Monsterverse has to start proving it's viability. Funny thing is this movie is the cheapest in production budget amongst the Universe. grin Upon all the Kaijus and the Blockbusting Battle between King and Godzilla. grin MechaGodzilla is possible of even showing up. cheesy

Well, unless Legendary Pictures Continue to bankroll it. After all it's their property and project. grin

it probably has a low budget cos they don't have to pay much actors this time...just CGI

Whatever they are doing tho I just want to see Godzilla stand tall over Kong just like in the last movie where all the other monsters bowed to him...soo badass
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

it probably has a low budget cos they do t have to pay much actors this time...just CGI

Whatever they are doing tho I just want to see Godzilla stand tall over Kong just like in the last movie where all the other monsters bowed to him...soo badass

Lol, I hear you.

I no wan hear disappointment later oo. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, I hear you.

I no wan hear disappointment later oo. grin

I enjoyed the last movie o...apart from the human parts...all the Godzilla scenes I loved them..the guy dey remind me of myself grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

I enjoyed the last movie o...apart from the human parts...all the Godzilla scenes I loved them..the guy dey remind me of myself grin

Lmao....this guy. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

Lmao....this guy. grin

I'm Godzilla nau grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 1:00am On Jan 22, 2021
xynerise:
Outside the Wire

7/10
Just finish seeing the trailer
Seems like a fast pace action movie
First time seeing Anthony Mackie as the lead actor

Am downloading asap
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:46am On Jan 22, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_72pA3zwIu0
Zeemuthafuka:

it probably has a low budget cos they don't have to pay much actors this time...just CGI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) (2415) (2416) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: huzzman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.