Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774028 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
lipsrsealed

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Satisfying ending to the trilogy

★★★☆☆

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Die in a Gunfight

A solid 3/10.

Never have I seen(or cant remember) a love story in a movie with ezero(like Yoruba people will say) chemistry between the 2 said lovers.

It was a hard watch.

The lines were weak, like I just expected a normal action flick to waste eyeball, but Lawd, the director and everyone associated with the movie should be checked in the head.

About seeing Gunpowder Milkshake , hopefully twill just what I expect, an action flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Black Widow: 1.0/4 stars

Typical run-of-the-mill regurgitated and generic mass-consumption themed output from Marvel: not like I expected better anyway.

Films like this are vaporized from the memory once you take a piss at the closest restroom.

Well, at the end of the day we can take satisfaction in knowing that it probably won't cross the 500 million dollars mark.

I almost choked on laughter seeing Florence Pugh play action hero. It's like she didn't hit the gym for a day.

Good riddance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2021
In 1995, Russian undercover agents, super-soldier Alexei Shostakov and Black Widow Melina Vostokoff, pose as a normal family in Ohio with their surrogate daughters Natasha Romanoff and Yelena Belova. When the mission to steal S.H.I.E.L.D. intel is complete, the family escapes to Cuba and rendezvous with their boss, General Dreykov, who has Romanoff and Belova taken to the Red Room for training. Years pass, and Shostakov is imprisoned in Russia, while Romanoff defects to S.H.I.E.L.D. after bombing Dreykov's Budapest office, apparently killing him and his young daughter Antonia.

In 2016, Romanoff is a fugitive for violating the Sokovia Accords.[N 2] She escapes from U.S. Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross and flees to a safehouse in Norway supplied by Rick Mason. Meanwhile, Belova kills a rogue former Black Widow but comes in contact with a synthetic gas that neutralizes the Red Room's chemical mind-control agent. Belova sends the antidote to Romanoff hoping that she will return to help Belova free the other Widows. When Romanoff unknowingly drives off with the antidote, she is attacked by Taskmaster, who is after it. Romanoff manages to escape Taskmaster and realizes that the antidote came from Belova. The two reunite in Budapest, where Romanoff learns Dreykov is alive and the Red Room is still active. Shortly after, they are attacked by Black Widows, and Romanoff and Belova evade the Widows and Taskmaster before meeting Mason, who supplies them with a helicopter.

Romanoff and Belova break Shostakov out of prison to learn Dreykov's location. He tells them to speak with Vostokoff, who lives on a farm outside Saint Petersburg, where she developed the chemical mind control process used on the Widows. There, Belova reveals that while they were not a real family, she believed they were so. Vostokoff admits she sent their location to Dreykov, whose agents arrive and take them to the Red Room, an aerial facility.

Vostokoff and Romanoff use face mask technology to switch places before being captured, allowing Vostokoff to free Shostakov and Belova from their restraints. Meanwhile, Romanoff confronts Dreykov, who sees through her disguise. Romanoff learns Taskmaster is Antonia, who suffered damage so severe that Dreykov had to put a chip in her head, turning her into the perfect soldier, capable of mimicking the actions of anyone she sees, including several Avengers. Romanoff attempts to kill Dreykov but fails to harm him due to a pheromone lock installed in every Widow. Dreykov reveals that he controls Widows worldwide via his desk console. Romanoff intentionally breaks her nose, severing a nerve in her nasal passage to negate the pheromone, and then attacks Dreykov. Shostakov battles Taskmaster, while Vostokoff takes out one of the facility's engines, and Belova searches for the other Widows, who are sent to protect Dreykov. Together, Shostakov and Belova lock Taskmaster in a cell.

Dreykov escapes as the Widows attack Romanoff, but Belova creates an antidote bomb that releases the Widows from the mind control. Romanoff gets into the control desk and copies the locations of the other Widows worldwide as the facility begins to explode and fall. Romanoff retrieves the two surviving vials of the antidote and frees Taskmaster from the locked cell. Vostokoff and Shostakov escape via a plane just as Belova takes out Dreykov's helicopter, killing him. Romanoff gives Belova a parachute before battling Taskmaster in freefall. After landing, Romanoff uses the antidote on Taskmaster, freeing her from servitude. The freed Widows arrive as Belova, Vostokoff, and Shostakov say goodbye to Romanoff. She gives Belova the last antidote vial and the portable drive, telling her to find and free the other, still mind-controlled, Widows. As they leave with Antonia, Romanoff awaits Ross and his men, who have arrived to apprehend her.

Two weeks later, Romanoff reunites with Mason, who supplies her with a Quinjet. She leaves, intending to free the detained Avengers in prison.

In a post-credits scene set after Romanoff's death,[N 3] Belova encounters Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine at Romanoff's grave. De Fontaine assigns Clint Barton, whom she claims is responsible for Romanoff's death, as Belova's next target.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(2021_film)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
Achilles100:
Die in a Gunfight

A solid 3/10.

Never have I seen(or cant remember) a love story in a movie with ezero(like Yoruba people will say) chemistry between the 2 said lovers.

It was a hard watch.

The lines were weak, like I just expected a normal action flick to waste eyeball, but Lawd, the director and everyone associated with the movie should be checked in the head.

About seeing Gunpowder Milkshake , hopefully twill just what I expect, an action flick.

the names of these movies are big red flags grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2021
Black Widow .......5.5/10

Just the usual MCU formulaic action flick. All style and no substance.

Changing Taskmaster into female isn't even the biggest problem of this movie. It's the way fight ended. So she'll just forgive and forget the pains/burns she suffered after Natasha's bombing (with the Avengers)? Just like that. Weak @s$ villains. Taskmaster was nerfed.

The biggest issue was what was the need to make Red Guardian virtually USELESS?? I was rooting for this guy to come through in the end; to redeem himself. But no, the director felt the need to make men USELESS while promoting girl power.
The action was enjoyable though, asides that, very forgettable movie.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Fear Street Trilogy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emmaodet: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Black Widow: 1.0/4 stars

Typical run-of-the-mill regurgitated and generic mass-consumption themed output from Marvel: not like I expected better anyway.

Films like this are vaporized from the memory once you take a piss at the closest restroom.

Well, at the end of the day we can take satisfaction in knowing that it probably won't cross the 500 million dollars mark.

I almost choked on laughter seeing Florence Pugh play action hero. It's like she didn't hit the gym for a day.

Good riddance.

Hmmmmmmm
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm

Boss!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emmaodet: 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Boss!!!

I greet you bro. How is family and life generally?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
6 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CBTxFactor: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
Achilles100:
Die in a Gunfight

A solid 3/10.

It was a hard watch.

grin Chemistry? The only chemistry I looked for in the movie is Alexandra Daddario's plutonium (demon core).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
nani667:
6 / 10

I'm downloading this movie cos of you, if it ends up being below 6 I'll haunt you for eternity angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CBTxFactor: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
pu7pl3:

I'm downloading this movie cos of you, if it ends up being below 6 I'll haunt you for eternity angry
Boss, permit me to join you on the hunt if the time comes.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
CBTxFactor:
Boss, permit me to join you on the hunt when the time comes.

The more the merrier, you're welcome to join
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
pu7pl3:

The more the merrier, you're welcome to join
homies I dy wait una review on it grin

Cbtxfactor
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
abduleez1:
Black Widow .......5.5/10

Just the usual MCU formulaic action flick. All style and no substance.

Changing Taskmaster into female isn't even the biggest problem of this movie. It's the way fight ended. So she'll just forgive and forget the pains/burns she suffered after Natasha's bombing (with the Avengers)? Just like that. Weak @s$ villains. Taskmaster was nerfed.

The biggest issue was what was the need to make Red Guardian virtually USELESS?? I was rooting for this guy to come through in the end; to redeem himself. But no, the director felt the need to make men USELESS while promoting girl power.
The action was enjoyable though, asides that, very forgettable movie.
e too easy to forgive Natasha ND she nor fit forgive her father rather she com ask if he's dead (WTF)
Red Guardian uselessness cry no pro, na women movie sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CBTxFactor: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
DieRich5:

Cbtxfactor
well, I'm half way into the movie, and it's not that bad (like say I fit produce am grin).
I no be film kritik, but all I can say for now is:
-Plot dey lopsided, thicc one side, lem the other
-CGI is OK
-Actors comport themselves well, too

I'm a lazy watcher, I go take up the rest another time.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
pu7pl3:

The 6 / 10 means you should lower your expectation... Don't expect Thanos level Gbas Gbos because it is a Super hero movie

Overall It is decent tho... It is a French movie... I saw the English dub on Netflix...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
nani667:

The 6 / 10 means you should lower your expectation... Don't expect Thanos level Gbas Gbos because it is a Super hero movie

Overall It is decent tho... I would recommend it... It is a French movie... I saw the English dub on Netflix...

Guy 6/10 means above average...if you wanted me to lower my expectations you would have used 4 or 5 angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
DieRich5:

Cbtxfactor

I'm coming

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
pu7pl3:

Guy 6/10 means above average...if you wanted me to lower my expectations you would have used 4 or 5 angry

5 is average... 6 is average-ish... 7 is above average... 8 is good... 9 is very good...

Like I said it is decent sha... Kinda similar to Project Power the way they were Peddling Ninjutsu.....

Although I abandoned project power before 15 mins
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
nani667:

5 is average... 6 is average-ish... 7 is above average... 8 is good... 9 is very good...

Like I said it is decent sha... Kinda similar to Project Power the way they were Peddling Ninjutsu.....

Although I abandoned project power before 15 mins

This your rating system no be am...getat angry
The blood of my MB is on your head

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
pu7pl3:

Go watch am.. You will enjoy it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Fear Street 3

9/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2021
CBTxFactor:
well, I'm half way into the movie, and it's not that bad (like say I fit produce am grin).
I no be film kritik, but all I can say for now is:
-Plot dey lopsided, thicc one side, lem the other
-CGI is OK
-Actors comport themselves well, too

I'm a lazy watcher, I go take up the rest another time.
Thank you
kiss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:18am On Jul 17, 2021
Finally watched Black Widow yesterday and all I've got to say is, between Capitan Marvel and Black Widow, I don't know which one is worse.

I expected so much from BW because I'm a big fan of Disney plus the massive success of MCU over the years. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The movie was terrible. Simply put.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2021
pu7pl3:

180 mb movie shocked I'll wait for for u
Also
The movie actually ended production before project power
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m), a4turitoroman, Softbreastt and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.