Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3742746 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
thatthickgurl:

You know itttt
Movies are much easier to watch
Main reason I'm praising and happy Netflix, HBO and Amazon aren't disappointing with their TV adaptations.

It's way more easier to understand the story and get attached. If you enjoy it well enough, one might be forced to go check out the books.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2021
chuksp09:

cheesy
It's better you just watch the series in Nov first, then tuck in for the long ride with the books... Believe me, reading a good fantasy and watching the movie adaptation is like ice cream flavours, chocolate and vanilla grin.

I'm currently waiting for G R R Martin's winds of winter, I'm sure I'll be getting a different energy from the final seasons of GOT.

Lol, guy you'll wait a fvvking long time for that book to be finished. With Martin's slow pace even the House of the Dragon show will finish season one and yet he hasn't finished the book. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
abduleez1:

Yeah, this needs fixing. grin
It's good everyone's sharing their experience. Maybe this will spur some of us in actually doing something about it.

Maybe we should form a book challenge.
Start reading a book before it drops or concurrently with the new incoming shows. Starting with Wheel of Time, Dune, The Witcher, Fire & Blood etc.

The last book (about emotional intelligence) I read was in October last year and that's mainly because my smartphone was stolen, so I had free time from social media and distractions. The book sef, I no read am reach half. Probably like 20 something pages cry

Opening a new thread will be better , so we don't digress from the purpose of this thread.

P.S : I propose a fine for people who don't meet up
Like 10k
The fear of paying 10k will make me read

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2021
Yooooooo

Why didn't anyone talk about this movie "Forgotten". (Korean)

I'm halfway gone and it's amazing, I'll drop my rating later
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Opening a new thread will be better , so we don't digress from the purpose of this thread.

Like 10k

Nice idea.

That amount sef dey scare me. grin

Anyone who supports this idea should signify. We can share or exchange interesting books amongst ourselves.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
abduleez1:

Yeah, this needs fixing. grin
It's good everyone's sharing their experience. Maybe this will spur some of us in actually doing something about it.

Maybe we should form a book challenge.
Start reading a book before it drops or concurrently with the new incoming shows. Starting with Wheel of Time, Dune, The Witcher, Fire & Blood etc.

The last book (about emotional intelligence) I read was in October last year and that's mainly because my smartphone was stolen, so I had free time from social media and distractions. The book sef, I no read am reach half. Probably like 20 something pages cry

Lemaoo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WoundedLamb: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
1) Manifest
2) Into the night
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Like 10k

Lemaoo

People will go bankrupt
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
thatthickgurl:
Yooooooo

Why didn't anyone talk about this movie "Forgotten". (Korean)

I'm halfway gone and it's amazing, I'll drop my rating later

Definitely not the ending I was expecting. Twitter people don push me to watch sad film. How will I sleep tonight, I won't stop thinking of the plot cry

Well it's a 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
pu7pl3:

Lemaoo

People will go bankrupt

That's the point o
Read or go bankrupt
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tonididdy(m): 12:36am On Sep 21, 2021
Maglinant..... Rating : 12/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 3:44am On Sep 21, 2021
chuksp09:

Hello,
There's the Storm light archive (Male and Female heroines) and Mist born Saga(Female heroines). I believe those are his easiest books to follow.

Sure thing, thank you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 3:58am On Sep 21, 2021
oyaskii:
Me I thought I would have the time during the lockdown last year alas I had about 2TB of movies and shows to see grin grin, I made the same promise of "A book per month in January" cry, here we are in September with approximately zero book read grin

At this point I am just waiting on Netflix, HBO and the likes to adapt these books into movies to save me the hassle. wink

Me rn. I don't even know how I manage to balance my books and shows but whenever I don't have anything to watch, I read.. And vice versa grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 4:17am On Sep 21, 2021
grin grin
thatthickgurl:

I've met a brethren
I keep telling myself I'd read one per month but na lie. I joined a book club and they eventually kicked me out grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2021
Growing up, I am a very avid and dedicated reader but then life hits at a tender age then boy had to man up to the realities and responsibilities of life.

In the past three years, I have started forty books and completed only 7. The rest were either abandoned at the last chapter or second to the last.

To my credit, I can claim to have read the biggest book on this thread: The mammoth book containing
biography of Tafa Balewa collated by English author(s) (can't remember the names at the moment).

P.S: Growing up, I have read the entire Oxford pocket dictionary page to page thrice over and the Holy Bible twice over page to page.

But Nigerian economy can't allow such luxuries anymore cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:43am On Sep 21, 2021
thatthickgurl:

That's the point o
Read or go bankrupt

Kolewerk nau

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
Plan to. Marked Mistborn and Stormlight Archive titles to read. Just need to clear some titles off my shelf.
oh alright , they're both really good
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2021
oyaskii:
it use to be for me yester years ago, I would literally ask for books from my Father back then as gift during the festive season..Alas life happened and all the time for books was "literally sucked" from me sad, I hope to find the time and spark again for books. I have an impressive collection of hard copy books saved in mint condition.
hopefully the spark comes again, I can understand the time constraints tho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 8:23am On Sep 21, 2021
armadeo:

The way of Kings series ..Nice one

Ohhhhhh disc world series by Terry pratchett. I remember the sorcerer, colour of magic and some others. Rincewind the wizard.lol.

Memories
haven't read a lot of Pratchett, but my favorite is Guards guards! , The way of kings is fantastic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2021
armadeo:

I loved mistborn when the girl found out her luck wasn't really luck.
that she was an allomancer , a mistborn, yeah enjoyed it a lot , and mistborn era 2 with wax and Wayne
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sharorberlain: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2021
If you ask me o, I will wholeheartedly tell you that "I'm tired of watching all these Nollywood movies with poor visual effects, especially all these their fake gun shots, fake fire and fake disappearance, amateur car accident scenes... a lot of it. I guess that's one of the reasons their script virtually look the same.
I saw a video on YouTube; these Nigeria guys recently started teaching Nigerians on how to create movie effects. I researched and did chat with one of them. These guys have been underground doing their visual effects thing. When I wrote them, their response was more like they don't want to forcefully grab the industry. I have that feeling that they are into something BIG... well, who knows?! I feel they are going to be one of the best VFX companies in Nigeria. I also watched one of their music video effects. Mehn! Bro, these guys are good.
I started reasoning on how they could change the storylines in our Nigerian film industry (Nollywood movies). At least if it won't be a bad idea if I see a Sci-Fi movie produced in Nigeria.
You should watch their video on Facebook or YouTube to see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkGgpcczzlU
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2021
Calibrator:
Growing up, I am a very avid and dedicated reader but then life hits at a tender age then boy had to man up to the realities and responsibilities of life.

In the past three years, I have started forty books and completed only 7. The rest were either abandoned at the last chapter or second to the last.

To my credit, I can claim to have read the biggest book on this thread: The mammoth book containing
biography of Tafa Balewa collated by English author(s) (can't remember the names at the moment).

P.S: Growing up, I have read the entire Oxford pocket dictionary page to page thrice over and the Holy Bible twice over page to page.

But Nigerian economy can't allow such luxuries anymore cheesy
I swr, I was once a serious reader, I didn't read any movie book tho but I read some manga, some books abt money/life ND even mindset stuff........but things change when I become serious in life cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by johnsmith5: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
End of Watch - 9/10

one of my favorite films of recent times jake gyllenhaul is a really underrated actor imo really pulls you into the two main characters due to the way its filmed as a personal blog.

end always hits me hard
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nikita09(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Teen Wolf. Just finish season 5
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
About to start Malignant...Will try to finish it today..
If it's too much..I will just kukuma delete it..
Can't come and go and kill myself cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zeeace(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
The protege ...7 /10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
tonididdy:
Maglinant..... Rating : 12/10
Going to download, although the ratings are average
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tonididdy(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ishilove:

Going to download, although the ratings are average

Download and tank me later.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tonididdy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
AnfieldFan:
About to start Malignant...Will try to finish it today..
If it's too much..I will just kukuma delete it..
Can't come and go and kill myself cool
. Too much?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Like 10k
Yes, 10k+VAT. I will be in charge of the money.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
abduleez1:

Nice idea.

That amount sef dey scare me. grin

Anyone who supports this idea should signify. We can share or exchange interesting books amongst ourselves.
I've got The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy. Hard copy I inherited from my mom
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Definitely not the ending I was expecting. Twitter people don push me to watch sad film. How will I sleep tonight, I won't stop thinking of the plot cry

Well it's a 7/10
You are a machine. How many movies do you watch per day

(1) (2) (3) ... (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.