Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3742279 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2705) (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

I'm 62 pages in, and yes it's a slow burn, but it's a good read so far.

Agreed its a good read.

I've downloaded the wheel of Time books already. I have no idea when I'll be able to read those ones sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
armadeo:

I tried lotr but the singing part put me off.

Singing in LOTR? shocked grin

I haven't started reading it sha, buh I hope and plan to read the specific book (Era) they're basing the Amazon show off of.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 12:40am On Sep 20, 2021
armadeo:
Watching King fu hustle.

Been so long I laughed like this. Didn't remember it being so funny. Really silly movie.

Lol.
Read somewhere Stephen chow said he is directing kungfu hustle 2

But he won't be the lead character
But he will be in the movie

Can't wait grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:31am On Sep 20, 2021
Allison012:
Prisoners of ghost land 8.9/10

Nicolas Cage carry him burantashi(dick) egg for hand before him collapse. Wicked funny scene.

angry Very stupid movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:49am On Sep 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

You're not kidding. The books are 14 in total! Never mind 6 months, I won't be able to finish these in 2 years!

Ah! A fellow Moonreader user. Best reader app out there, IMHO

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:55am On Sep 20, 2021
abduleez1:

Singing in LOTR? shocked grin

I haven't started reading it sha, buh I hope and plan to read the specific book (Era) they're basing the Amazon show off of.
From what I've read on the production, they won't be directly adapting any of Tolkien's works but will instead explore the world of Middle Earth in the Second Age (the era before the events of The Hobbit and LotR). So no need to rush the books.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2021
DrDax:

[s]The landlords are quiet.

The "omo oniles" here forming imaginary "territory".

New "tenants" are generally harassed into quiet submission.

Once in a while, a "coconut headed" tenant upgrades to the elite group "omo onile". He has now "arrived" with the "right" to harass hapless tenants.

The "Landlords" look on like Zeus from above.

Survival of the fittest.

The story of this thread.[/s] cheesy

Speak English
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by YesNoMaybe: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2021
The Guest (2014) - 9/10
The Night Of Kings (2020) - 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2021
abduleez1:

You even get well Curated shelf. grin

My own dey disjointed. grin

Just install Moonreader, it's the best android reader app at the moment.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2021
Kaycee7:
Ah! A fellow Moonreader user. Best reader app out there, IMHO

Save, upload, edit, look up words, font size, audio, adjustments, night reading mode, pretty much everything to adjust to your needs of reading is on that app. I freaking love it!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NSNO(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2021
abduleez1:

At the bolded, Same here. Just reading up and playing games 24/7 at home. Even read many stories from some authors in Nairaland.

I've read some books amongst the Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series while I was a teen.

I had A Song of Ice and Fire a while ago. Can't find it anymore. Probably lost it when I lost my phone.

Harry Potter, would like to dabble but I'm satisfied with the movies. Will choose LOTR instead.
Please read the books, so much better than the movies honestly.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2021
StPete:

Speak English

Have you paid your rent? tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Arizoner: 11:40am On Sep 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

do you read shakespeare
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
DrDax:

Have you paid your rent? tongue

grin grin who is in charge of rent collection?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Lol, I already use Moon+ Reader. That's why I said you already have your library well arranged.

Mine is still in the individual folders I downloaded it on. I'm yet to curate mine.
I haven't still gotten the hang of the app sha, cus I downloaded it a week or so when I wanted to view the E-pub Wheel of Time files.
I usually download PDF format books before so didn't use reader apps.
I think Moon Reader also views CBR CBZ PDF and other files combined. That's why I chose it.
All in one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kaycee7:
From what I've read on the production, they won't be directly adapting any of Tolkien's works but will instead explore the world of Middle Earth in the Second Age (the era before the events of The Hobbit and LotR). So no need to rush the books.

Yea the show will be based in the Second Age during which the ring was formed and millennia before the trilogy movies.

But Part of the deal from Tolkien Estate was that the show developers can make little changes in their interpretations or narrative but it must not contradict the lore or key events Tolkien has already established in the books.

Anyways, I will refresh my memory and relive key moments in the movies before the Series debuts next year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2021
For those who've seen Malignant...I really want to watch it..
So my question is....
Is the horror subtle like Doctor Sleep or is it pure hardcore horror..
I no want the one I go watch finish now if breeze blow I go wake up the shine eye like watchman grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
AnfieldFan:
So my question is....
I no want the one I go watch finish now if breeze blow I go wake up the shine eye like watchman grin grin
Very important question. Cos good night sleep is essential. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kaycee7:

Yes bro...
I don't like what I hate grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
DieRich5:
2.5/10
Still the same Victoria from Nickelodeon cheesy

I nor even feel sad when watching it, dying at young age was painful she never even start life

The movie make me remember someone close to me way FK big-time and leta die a year leta without seeing him again angry cry

No be small crush i get for this babe that year cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2021
AnfieldFan:
So my question is....
Kaycee7:

Lol, fear fear people. grin grin

I'll say horror and some action in it. It kinda looks eerie but this one no fit shake us. cheesy
Na only 12 mins I don watch I sleep off yesternight. Will continue this night.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2021
armadeo:

Not to detail but some books that have kept me on edgewood start to finish

The song of ice and fire ( read them like 3 times fire and blood twice)

The Harry Potter series ( this one be like jazz) (twice )

percy jackson and heroes of Olympic series (once )

The vampire chronicles ( my best of the lot particularly the vampire lestat and Queen of the damned.) Anne rice went of rail in the later books.

I used to be a voracious reader back then

Try fuçk with the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. Gritty vampire stuff trust me dope af
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
armadeo:

Not to detail but some books that have kept me on edgewood start to finish

The song of ice and fire ( read them like 3 times fire and blood twice)

The Harry Potter series ( this one be like jazz) (twice )

percy jackson and heroes of Olympic series (once )

The vampire chronicles ( my best of the lot particularly the vampire lestat and Queen of the damned.) Anne rice went of rail in the later books.

I used to be a voracious reader back then

Yet to read the GoT books. Read the first 3 percy books. As for Harry Potter, you're talking to an avid potterhead over here. I've read those books God knows how many times.

I have days where I'm in a reading slump and can't read anything to save my life. But tbh I'm still mostly a consistent reader. Cannot imagine my life without books
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Queenslander(f): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
Transformers : revenge of the fallen.. 2009..

8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
abduleez1:

At the bolded, Same here. Just reading up and playing games 24/7 at home. Even read many stories from some authors in Nairaland.

I've read some books amongst the Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series while I was a teen.

I had A Song of Ice and Fire a while ago. Can't find it anymore. Probably lost it when I lost my phone.

Harry Potter, would like to dabble but I'm satisfied with the movies. Will choose LOTR instead.

The Harry Potter movies are good but they don't hold a candle to the books for me. But I totally understand that everyone has their preference

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
E come be like say na only me no dey read books here cry if it's more than the 44 pages of a comic book I get tired and zone out...but funny enough when I was younger I used to like reading books with plenty pages...oh well

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Save, upload, edit, look up words, font size, audio, adjustments, night reading mode, pretty much everything to adjust to your needs of reading is on that app. I freaking love it!

I use aldiko, it's also reallyy good

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
pu7pl3:
E come be like say na only me no dey read books here cry if it's more than the 44 pages of a comic book I get tired and zone out...but funny enough when I was younger I used to like reading books with plenty pages...oh well
But you siddon one place finish DCeased at a go. Dey deceive yaself. You follow us be bookworm grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
OwlCityy:

I use aldiko, it's also reallyy good
Now THIS, is a very interesting bookshelf.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2021
Honestly there should be a book thread or something. I've found my fellow readers smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kaycee7:
Now THIS, is a very interesting bookshelf.

Thank youu
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2021
Seeing as we sharing bookshelves here's mine

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2705) (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.