Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3750009 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 11:36am On Nov 29, 2021
about to watch the last duel
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Idris elba to join james bond franchise. Kaycee7, abduleez1, purple how far?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
camri:
Idris elba to join james bond franchise. Kayce.e7, abdule.ez1, purple how far?

I don't think it's going to be as Bond tho...probably one badass villain

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021) 5/10

When Venom was released in 2018, one of the major criticisms was about how Eddie and his symbiote weren't a close call to the personalities of their comic counterparts. So what did Sony do about that in the sequel? Drive them even farther from the source material at 200 mph. Seriously this duo, while I found them mostly fun to watch, are nothing close to the Eddie and Venom from any of the comics. There's taking liberty with the source material (I'm looking at you, MCU) and then there's basically abandoning it.

Overlooking the fact that it's an adaptation, Venom: Let There Be Carnage isn't a well-written movie. The plot struggles to make more sense. Tom Hardy might be a phenomenal actor but he'll need to work harder of he wants to add writing to his resumé. The dialogue is cringeworthy in a lot of places.
The movie is basically carried by the banter between Eddie and Venom and the entertaining action scenes. Which is kinda a shame when you remember that you have 3 seasoned veterans in this, Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson and Naomie Harris. This could quite possibly be Hardy's worst outing and Harrelson and Harris feel wasted in their roles, even with the bit of effort Harrelson put in.
I was personally entertained by the movie but it really did nothing to keep me any more invested in the story or characters. If it weren't for the post credits, I would've been quite ok with closing the chapter here.
Anyways, here's hoping they get back on track with their next appearance.

It's shït. Beautiful nonsense as I would say but I enjoyed it. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
camri:
Idris elba to join james bond franchise. Kaycee.7, abdule.ez1, purple how far?

I go with Purple's pitch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
No Time To Die..... 7.5/10

Great action. Emotional finale to Craig's Bond.
Mehn, this Lyshana Lynch is haaawwtt!! Ana De Armas never disappointed.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Shang Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings ...6/10

Just basic Chinese movie with MCU stamp. Nice fight scenes. Awkwafina was just there in this movie. Michelle Yeoh never disappoints with her charisma.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
King Richard ...... 8/10

Inspiring performance from Will Smith. Great acting, directing and writing.
This is definitely getting an Oscar shout. Great performances from the teenage actors for Venus and Serena.
This is probably the best sports movie I've ever watched and one of the best Biopic.

I feel it shoulda been longer (even tho it's 2hr30mns) as we didn't get Serena's arc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
DieRich5:
Finally I can watch Netflix on my smart TV now
I was thinking I can download it nd watch it leta but I can't cry

The data wasted is ok tho lipsrsealed
Maann "Arcane". I didn't think any animation could top "Invincible" this year for me...but this was straight up bonkers fun from start to finish....so so good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
The soundtracks alone already put the show at 6/10.......the rest of the production are just showoff in my opinion cheesy
oyaskii:
Maann "Arcane". I didn't think any animation could top "Invincible" this year for me...but this was straight up bonkers fun from start to finish....so so good.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
abduleez1:
Shang Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings ...6/10

Just basic Chinese movie with MCU stamp. Nice fight scenes. Awkwafina was just there in this movie. Michelle Yeoh never disappoints with her charisma.

And she is now an Avenger...let that sink in grin grin Tufiakwa cheesy

I dey thank God on your behalf sha, you have finally completed some of these movies grin grin the prayers are working

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
camri:
Idris elba to join james bond franchise. how far?
Most likely villain. Maybe even the new M.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
abduleez1:

It's shït. Beautiful nonsense as I would say but I enjoyed it. grin
Venom na cruise sha even though he's so far off the mark from the source material.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
abduleez1:
King Richard ...... 8/10

Inspiring performance from Will Smith. Great acting, directing and writing.
This is definitely getting an Oscar shout. Great performances from the teenage actors for Venus and Serena.
This is probably the best sports movie I've ever watched and one of the best Biopic.

I feel it shoulda been longer (even tho it's 2hr30mns) as we didn't get Serena's arc.
I think they have Venus the spotlight in the movie cos in real life, she basically lives in Serena's shadow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
The Old Guard
Quite good

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
oyaskii:

Omo, this Arcane don beat Invincible for my eyes oo. grin

I took serious time to finish Invincible, but for ARCANE, na as show dey drop I dey follow am.
God tier content right there.

Omo e don tey wey I use this my slang oo. shocked grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:
I think they have Venus the spotlight in the movie cos in real life, she basically lives in Serena's shadow.

Lol, guy you wicked.

My thoughts too. Cos everybody will be waiting for Serena's arc. Even the papa saying Serena will be the greatest of all Time just spoil matter. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:
Venom na cruise sha even though he's so far off the mark from the source material.
Lol, I love Venom spitting facts. grin

Dude just dropping em Bars. grin
That party scene lit die.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Calibrator:
The soundtracks alone already put the show at 6/10.......the rest of the production are just showoff in my opinion cheesy

I dey tell you.

Some guys just dey yarn okoto about the show. Only those soundtracks sef...if you're a music lover, OGBENI waa compose. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
pu7pl3:

And she is now an Avenger...let that sink in grin grin Tufiakwa cheesy

I dey thank God on your behalf sha, you have finally completed some of these movies grin grin the prayers are working

Lol, you be weyrey.. grin

Mehn, the way she use a day or so take learn master archery still dey surprise my destiny. grin

I gats complete them oo if not na cry for Holliday period. I need to create watch time for premium content incoming this December/January.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chuksp09(m): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
Blueelf:
Cinema?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Calibrator:
As in...that "Enemy" intro by "Imagine Dragons" was straight up fire....sick sick animation style too. shocked cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
abduleez1:

Omo, this Arcane don beat Invincible for my eyes oo. grin

I took serious time to finish Invincible, but for ARCANE, na as show dey drop I dey follow am.
God tier content right there.

Omo e don tey wey I use this my slang oo. shocked grin
I say make i just peep one episode on Saturday night, before i know i don dey episode 8 grin grin grin

Top tier cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
The Last Duel (2021)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
I think i had the highest return for movies and series seen, since the beginning of the year, this November....what a ride shocked smiley

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, you be weyrey.. grin

Mehn, the way she use a day or so take learn master archery still dey surprise my destiny. grin

I gats complete them oo if not na cry for Holliday period. I need to create watch time for premium content incoming this December/January.

You've watched Venom 2 already abi? You're on your way man cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:

Imagine saying Carnage is Venom's child nau cry cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Blueelf:

Please give review when you're done
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
pu7pl3:

Imagine saying Carnage is Venom's child nau cry cry
Them no rate us at all. Cos wetin be that?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
chuksp09:

Cinema?

no, online

I will rate it 7.8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nova15:

Please give review when you're done

7.8 / 10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:
Them no rate us at all. Cos wetin be that?

When I tried to break it down myself I found out it meant that Venom had sex with CK's blood cells when he bit Eddie and came in them and then CK swallowed the cum when he licked the blood cry cry

Wherever Knull is right now he would be soo pissed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.