Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3756243 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Abduleez1 you done chop ban?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
King Richard - 8/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
abduleez1:
Shang Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings ...6/10

Just basic Chinese movie with MCU stamp. Nice fight scenes. Awkwafina was just there in this movie. Michelle Yeoh never disappoints with her charisma.

I will use this opportunity to reiterate that this film is absolute shit.

The special effects are very far from standard Hollywood fanfare.

Or do I need to mention the action scenes where someone is at the risk of being sliced with a sharp robotic saw arm and yet you feel nothing for them.

Phewww, that was two wasted hours of my life I'll never get back.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
6.6 / 10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
pu7pl3:

When I tried to break it down myself I found out it meant that Venom had sex with CK's blood cells when he bit Eddie and came in them and then CK swallowed the cum when he licked the blood cry cry

Where we Knull is right now he would be soo pissed
You sef ehn! Wetin be this one again? grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Blueelf:

no, online

I will rate it 7.8/10
which site did you access the movie from
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by KusherAbel: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Freeguy (2021) - 7/10

Cruise movie but dope visuals

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Paxxcarl:
which site did you access the movie from

https://vumoo.to/movies/the-last-duel-2021

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I will use this opportunity to reiterate that this film is absolute shit.

The special effects are very far from standard Hollywood fanfare.

Or do I need to mention the action scenes where someone is at the risk of being sliced with a sharp robotic saw arm and yet you feel nothing for them.

Phewww, that was two wasted hours of my life I'll never get back.

spoke my mind
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:
You sef ehn! Wetin be this one again? grin grin

Wild thoughts cry embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2021
oyaskii:
Maann "Arcane". I didn't think any animation could top "Invincible" this year for me...but this was straight up bonkers fun from start to finish....so so good.
it my 2nd ND invincible is no1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2021
See as una Dy drop spoiler review undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chuksp09(m): 12:56am On Nov 30, 2021
nani667:
6.6 / 10
Link?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
Alter/Ego. 6/10

This is a Nigerian movie so expect some blatant mistakes. I found this film lacking the same depth of character as Genevieve’s Lionheart. Both movies are the same production-wise; visually impressive. Drone shots have come to stay in our cinema and are a positive game changer. Our epic movies should follow the trend. I just wish producers put more research into the mindset of professions and their protocols.

I could see the fact the main character was raped as a child from a mile away and guessed it after she won the first case. I guess I’ve seen too many movies go the same route. I hated that comic elements were thrown into a serious subject matter. Ehen, I applaud Nigerian movies for now tackling serious matters evident in our society. Maybe the topics turn audiences off hence why I don’t see it often. Rita Dominic acted in a movie which dealt with rape and for some reason it stuck in my mind despite not remembering the title all these years. Giving the audience something to laugh about in such a case cheapens the message. This is not imaginary Avengers, this is real life.

Our character is a hardened, tough-as-nails lawyer and an unlikeable person, which is very believable. She’s used to physically taking advantage of men and dumping them; a trait I can see in real life. Where the producer failed is blaming her lustful actions on an alter ego crafted after her abuse. To add further insult, the alter ego mention wasn’t delved deeper on. So, a healthy woman isn’t meant to have sexual urges, they have to come from deep rooted trauma? Lol.

Let me list pros and cons of the film before I continue an unneeded epistle.

Pros.

1. Omotola looking sexy.

2. Beautiful drone shots.

3. A serious subject matter. This isn’t your usual romantic movie. It is, after a while, but is not the central theme of the film.

4. The twist midway. Many may see it coming. I didn’t expect it. I expected her to use the man and dump him. Her character was an asshole after all.

5. Her confidence in winning the final case before judgement. It was true to her character.

6. I don’t know if this was intentional; the accused looking less dapper as the accusation and trial drew on. It’s natural for him to get worried and dress less flamboyant from mental stress.

Cons.

1. Finding a foolish reason to explain away a woman’s natural urges.

2. Comic relief. A huge no-no. I wish I was part of a test audience because the movie was better off without it. Once I see some actors my brain goes to comedy mode. I doubt I’m alone here.

3. Lack of research into the profession.
— It is against the law for lawyers to coerce/blackmail clients against their will.

— A scene I hated the most was when the character went emotional after finding out her lover was a rapist. Any true lawyer of the depicted calibre would go straight into lawyer mode drawing facts before emotions come in. She had seen so many cases of power abuse that accusations shouldn’t overwhelm her.

4. The cheap catharsis at the end. A grave of her assailant rather than a living person would prove a better resolution.

5. Omotola looking fat. She was sexy, yes, but a butt lift is nothing compared to what a month or two in the gym could provide.

6. Her blood sister not knowing of her predicament. The director should have changed the role to a cousin or step sister who lived far away as a child. If a child is raped many relatives know about it talk less of the child’s siblings.

7. No follow up on the sister or her fiancé’s punishment at the end. She warned that they’ll face consequences. The director likely pushed the thought aside at the end.

8. Calling an obvious grown woman a girl. Seriously, that woman was at least twenty years of age. They should have used a seventeen year old for the role.

Overall it was a good way to while two hours. If you enjoyed the Genevieve movie you won’t have a problem with this. I always wanted to watch it on DStv. The version they presented was completely butchered under censorship.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Icejayz(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Yeah, it's her.
Okay, anticipating.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Icejayz(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
Beorn:
King Richard - 8/10.
-8 over 10 is the movie that bad?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Icejayz:
-8 over 10 is the movie that bad?

Read carefully, it's 8/10 not -8/10. The hyphen sign was not attached to the 8 to make a minus 8.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ryan is not ok cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
chuksp09:

Link?

Netflix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
pu7pl3:
Abdule.ez1 you done chop ban?

Yep. Anti Spam bot got me while I was replying Someone in the series thread.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Just watched Shadow in the Cloud again. 6.5/10

I would have rated it higher but this extreme feminism hollywood is pushing is too much. I don't mind female heroes. However, a lowly ranked female soldier is a great gunner, a great fighter, a great climber and a great pilot all in one. All these without a muscular body.

The movie is nice though. Simple plot. Nice 80s synthwave soundtrack. Great atmosphere (claustrophobia on a plane). Great acting from the lead.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Trying out a Korean series I read about on Twitter. EXTRACURRICULAR hope it comes good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
cool cool cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
meobizy:
Alter/Ego. 6/10

This is a Nigerian movie so expect some blatant mistakes. I found this film lacking the same depth of character as Genevieve’s Lionheart. Both movies are the same production-wise; visually impressive. Drone shots have come to stay in our cinema and are a positive game changer. Our epic movies should follow the trend. I just wish producers put more research into the mindset of professions and their protocols.

I could see the fact the main character was raped as a child from a mile away and guessed it after she won the first case. I guess I’ve seen too many movies go the same route. I hated that comic elements were thrown into a serious subject matter. Ehen, I applaud Nigerian movies for now tackling serious matters evident in our society. Maybe the topics turn audiences off hence why I don’t see it often. Rita Dominic acted in a movie which dealt with rape and for some reason it stuck in my mind despite not remembering the title all these years. Giving the audience something to laugh about in such a case cheapens the message. This is not imaginary Avengers, this is real life.

Our character is a hardened, tough-as-nails lawyer and an unlikeable person, which is very believable. She’s used to physically taking advantage of men and dumping them; a trait I can see in real life. Where the producer failed is blaming her lustful actions on an alter ego crafted after her abuse. To add further insult, the alter ego mention wasn’t delved deeper on. So, a healthy woman isn’t meant to have sexual urges, they have to come from deep rooted trauma? Lol.

Let me list pros and cons of the film before I continue an unneeded epistle.

Pros.

1. Omotola looking sexy.

2. Beautiful drone shots.

3. A serious subject matter. This isn’t your usual romantic movie. It is, after a while, but is not the central theme of the film.

4. The twist midway. Many may see it coming. I didn’t expect it. I expected her to use the man and dump him. Her character was an asshole after all.

5. Her confidence in winning the final case before judgement. It was true to her character.

6. I don’t know if this was intentional; the accused looking less dapper as the accusation and trial drew on. It’s natural for him to get worried and dress less flamboyant from mental stress.

Cons.

1. Finding a foolish reason to explain away a woman’s natural urges.

2. Comic relief. A huge no-no. I wish I was part of a test audience because the movie was better off without it. Once I see some actors my brain goes to comedy mode. I doubt I’m alone here.

3. Lack of research into the profession.
— It is against the law for lawyers to coerce/blackmail clients against their will.

— A scene I hated the most was when the character went emotional after finding out her lover was a rapist. Any true lawyer of the depicted calibre would go straight into lawyer mode drawing facts before emotions come in. She had seen so many cases of power abuse that accusations shouldn’t overwhelm her.

4. The cheap catharsis at the end. A grave of her assailant rather than a living person would prove a better resolution.

5. Omotola looking fat. She was sexy, yes, but a butt lift is nothing compared to what a month or two in the gym could provide.

6. Her blood sister not knowing of her predicament. The director should have changed the role to a cousin or step sister who lived far away as a child. If a child is raped many relatives know about it talk less of the child’s siblings.

7. No follow up on the sister or her fiancé’s punishment at the end. She warned that they’ll face consequences. The director likely pushed the thought aside at the end.

8. Calling an obvious grown woman a girl. Seriously, that woman was at least twenty years of age. They should have used a seventeen year old for the role.

Overall it was a good way to while two hours. If you enjoyed the Genevieve movie you won’t have a problem with this. I always wanted to watch it on DStv. The version they presented was completely butchered under censorship.

Great review and breakdown you got there.

Yep, the movie was unique in its own way.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
JackBizzle:

Versatile. Yes.

Samuel L Jackson has been in far more diverse roles. He has played the comedic hero, the action hero, the wise old man, the Sci fi hero, the dramatic lover etc.

Can you imagine Denzel Washington in a Marvel movie or Sci fi? Denzel Washington is too serious.

Just look at the buddy comedy he did with Mark Wahlberg (2 guns). Trash. Denzel Washington's type of comedy is reserved.

When Samuel Jackson can deliver a performance like Denzel did in Malcolm x, Training Day, The Hurricane, Flight....
then we can have this conversation...
BTW the reason Jackson has higher box office returns is due to the fact he's been in franchise movies like the Marvel movies which helps to inflate those numbers.
He was part of an assemble cast & he wasn't the main reason those movies sold out ..

Denzel doesn't do franchises & sequels,he's said so.
Infact the only sequel he's ever done was Equalizer 2..
Denzel for me as an actor is in another league compared to Sam and that's no disrespect on Jackson..

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Queenslander(f): 5:26am On Dec 01, 2021
6.8/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Queenslander(f): 5:27am On Dec 01, 2021
4.8/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 7:26am On Dec 01, 2021
kendrick9:

When Samuel Jackson can deliver a performance like Denzel did in Malcolm x, Training Day, Flight....
then we can have this conversation...
Denzel for me as an actor is in another league compared to Sam and that's no disrespect on Jackson..

You just spoke my mind. Denzel that has won Oscars for both leading and supporting roles and people are comparing him to Jackson?

Jackson is good but Denzel is just too good. The only edge Jackson has got over Denzel is playing comedic roles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2021
MJBOLT:
anybody here seen Hellbound on Netflix??
I saw a few episodes and then I lost interest .
The premise is interesting sha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2021
Queenslander:
4.8/10

This poster is awful.
The movie Poster. It looks dull and uninspired
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:47am On Dec 01, 2021
abduleez1:
cool cool cool
Is this a series or a movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2021
Now ask yourself if you would have felt this same sentiment if it was a man in that role instead of a woman
JackBizzle:
Just watched Shadow in the Cloud again. 6.5/10

I would have rated it higher but this extreme feminism hollywood is pushing is too much. I don't mind female heroes. However, a lowly ranked female soldier is a great gunner, a great fighter, a great climber and a great pilot all in one. All these without a muscular body.

The movie is nice though. Simple plot. Nice 80s synthwave soundtrack. Great atmosphere (claustrophobia on a plane). Great acting from the lead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m), Methane04, Nova15 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.