Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,476 members, 7,850,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3812098 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
After watching ' The Hateful Eight'. 'A million ways to die in the west' comes to mind, 'Django Unchained'. This western and cowboys movies are always interesting and comedic. Though 'The Revenant' comes up short.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
I also noticed that most 2015/2016 Hollywood movies had a large percentage of True story movies. And lest i forget, i finally watched 'Concussion', a true life story about a Nigerian abroad who discovered a disease that cause American football players to die at a young age, but NFL wasn't buying it cause they thought it will kill the money spinning sport. Dr Bennett Omalu was portrayed by Will Smith in the movie. Dr Omalu who was disillusioned with Nigeria after presidential candidate
Moshood Abiola failed to win the Nigerian presidency
during an inconclusive election in 1993 left Nigeria for the States. I have heard about the man's story and the movie. But i just watched the movie yesterday. CONCUSSION (2015).

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
I also watched Spotlight (2015) interesting and fast paced drama movie, and it's seems they decided to do the movie because they saw our own October 1st by Kunle Afolayan.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mohenjo Daro

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
oyetpel:

Well i think that's your personal view, some many movies have been done and more interesting than this 1994 movie. Am i right obixcel?
well, so many good movies have been made, but frankly I never saw dat movie when it came out, only watched most of it (not all) on cable tv. But we all know great movies have been made over time till date.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION is a powerful movie, i think one of the best movies ever. rated no 1 on imdb.

its awesome.

now you see me 2 just wants to slip by me. my eyes are open.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
oyetpel:
After watching ' The Hateful Eight'. 'A million ways to die in the west' comes to mind, 'Django Unchained'. This western and cowboys movies are always interesting and comedic. Though 'The Revenant' comes up short.
Don't know why I'm yet to watch "Hateful Eight", maybe dis weekend.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Graviton2(m): 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
About to watch Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising. Let's see if it's as bad as its reviews.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kennykg(m): 12:16am On Aug 13, 2016
obixcel:
Now You See Me 2...chai! Bros u don miss o! Don't worry, soon d HD will be out just like every other movies, just stay alert.
I really waiting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 12:30am On Aug 13, 2016
Please o, anyone with link to The Conjuring 2 cry
Yet to see the HD, and its been over 2months of release already.
But what's happening this year? Yet to see one correct horror movie cry

By the way, The legend of Tarzan was just too fake for me undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iheanyi4u(m): 8:05am On Aug 13, 2016
Graviton2:
About to watch Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising. Let's see if it's as bad as its reviews.

Abort Mission!! I repeat abort mission!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 8:13am On Aug 13, 2016
olu4life:

I too have been searching and waiting on dis, only d telesync version which is not clear dat is available, I wonder why it's taking too long. You're spot on with "The Legend of Tarzan", can't say any better.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Graviton2(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2016
iheanyi4u:

Abort Mission!! I repeat abort mission!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this a little too late.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by petux(m): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2016
flower in prison... A south korean movie... Interesting like die.. Anxiously waiting for season 8
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bridgesjnr: 10:11am On Aug 13, 2016
olu4life:

stopped horror for like years but was tempted to see conjuring2 coz of rating and i was disappointed...nothing horror just a plain dumb true life story about another dumb spirit... had to go back to my horror fast after seeing it..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Uchenna42(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2016
Tallulah(2016)

Awesome movie!! Wow! Like everything was on point from acting to directing... Everything was top notch....

Impressive performances from Ellen Page (Maybe she is really homeless grin grin) and also Uzo Aduba...

My rating 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2016
bridgesjnr:

stopped horror for like years but was tempted to see conjuring2 coz of rating and i was disappointed...nothing horror just a plain dumb true life story about another dumb spirit... had to go back to my horror fast after seeing it..
Still a fan of horror, but unfortunately there is severe lack of quality horror and thriller movies these days, too many wacks ever since the days of "Insidious", Texas ChainSaw Massacre". "Saw" (series), "Drag me to hell", "The ring" etc etc.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Heryorh: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2016
Banshee...season2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2016
Uchenna42:
Tallulah(2016)

Awesome movie!! Wow! Like everything was on point from acting to directing... Everything was top notch....

Impressive performances from Ellen Page (Maybe she is really homeless grin grin) and also Uzo Aduba...

My rating 8/10
Is it a hollywood movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Uchenna42(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2016
obixcel:
Is it a hollywood movie?

Yeah, Check Imdb.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SIRcumalot: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2016
Graviton2:

I saw this a little too late.
what don't you like about ?
am surprised at the bad reception for this movie
i have seen it three times and i still find it funny.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iheanyi4u(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2016
SIRcumalot:

what don't you like about ?
am surprised at the bad reception for this movie
i have seen it three times and i still find it funny.

What did you find funny? I didn't find any scene funny. It was a waste of time and I deeply regret seeing it

Wondered why such actors would star in it. It is a C class movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SIRcumalot: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2016
iheanyi4u:

What did you find funny? I didn't find any scene funny. It was a waste of time and I deeply regret seeing it

Wondered why such actors would star in it. It is a C class movie
honestly,everything i was laughing right from the beginning.
i know it has a "very obvious message" but it didn't turn me off the movie
did you like the first neighbors movie ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2016
SIRcumalot:

honestly,everything i was laughing right from the beginning.
i know it has a "very obvious message" but it didn't turn me off the movie
did you like the first neighbors movie ?
not all movies promote d right message, somehow I feel "Sorority Rising" is socio-politically motivated to promote "feminism" and "sexism", add to dat, d languages and repeated jokes were so boring and degrading as well. Though some parts were funny but most of it were just irritating.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bridgesjnr: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
obixcel:
Still a fan of horror, but unfortunately there is severe lack of quality horror and thriller movies these days, too many wacks ever since the days of "Insidious", Texas ChainSaw Massacre". "Saw" (series), "Drag me to hell", "The ring" etc etc.

spot on.... severe lack of quality seems like a praise sef to what we have these days... I really don't see my self watching any 'horror' movie in the nearest future until they get their act right... sticking to my comedy, adventure and action genre...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
obixcel:
Oh u just reminded me of my top horror movies grin
Drag me to hell was epic, can't forget the line "U shamed me"
@bridgesjnr, don't discourage me o, lol. Will still watch it. Loved Part 1 though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SIRcumalot: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
obixcel:
not all movies promote d right message, somehow I feel "Sorority Rising" is socio-politically motivated to promote "feminism" and "sexism", add to dat, d languages and repeated jokes were so boring and degrading as well. Though some parts were funny but most of it were just irritating.
yeah that tampon scene yuck.
the thinly veiled message aside,
one of my favorite movie so far.
I get why some people no like am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
obixcel:
Don't know why I'm yet to watch "Hateful Eight", maybe dis weekend.

for real.

Dude I will watch it for you this morning.

Lol.

Remember "my theory is the ugliest fellow did it that makes it you joe gates"

This movie is all about the conversation.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CaptPlanet(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Guys, Mortal Kombat movies is coming....

I'll understand if most of y'all arent as hyped as I am for this movie.

MK had a huge part part of my life growing up and i'm as psyched as sh!t for it.

James Wan confirmed he'll make it after Aquaman....so looking forward to it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
olu4life:

Oh u just reminded me of my top horror movies grin
Drag me to hell was epic, can't forget the line "U shamed me"
@bridgesjnr, don't discourage me o, lol. Will still watch it. Loved Part 1 though
hahahaha mehn! I remember dat line, it was terrifying as hell indeed..."You shamed me"?....The look on d old woman's face was staggering. That movie made me really extra careful on how I deal with aged folks.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bridgesjnr: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
wow....'Mechanic Resurrection'.....statham my holmie cheesy ....now that's what I'm talking about....unadulterated action packed movie...dope from start to finish 9.5/10...

won't be seeing any more movies dis weekend...don't want to ruin the moment...

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.