Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3736320 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
I wonder how long killers of the Flower moon will stay in theaters before streaming....Depends on how it performs I guess...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
abduleez1:

grin grin

The guy na Baba...E fit still win another Oscar sef before en ban expire.... Because he will be going for more auteur movie roles now while also commanding block buster level fees..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Strangely, the movie I'm looking forward to the most here is Batgirl...

Series, Green Lantern....
I thought even with Multiverse, these would be WB productions...

WB productions? You mean the projects from Netflix and Epix?

Almost all are made by WB or affiliated departments. Even upcoming Netflix's The Sandman is made by WBTV. Netflix just more or less is the sponsor of the show with their big pockets. Similar to Sony/Marvel deal. That's why WB refused to release the Constantine character and Jenna Coleman's Johanna was used.

Projects I'm not sure of is Pennyworth and Sweet Tooth. I still suspect they might be produced also by WBTV especially Sweet Tooth. Na ppl wey dey watch the shows go fit confirm.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Just saw this ...
Live action FMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqj4u6eyDq8

Saw it yesterday and will not be watching. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
if they took care of them in the first place it wouldn't matter...
Besides you don't need to carry your suit around...
Just carry your mask

Super heroes ain't meant to murder people in cold blood. They should not play judge jury and executioner.

If you are as fast as superman. Carrying your suit is no hassle.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
abduleez1:

Saw it yesterday and will not be watching. undecided
Lol, I might watch...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

Super heroes ain't meant to murder people in cold blood. They should not play judge jury and executioner.

If you are as fast as superman. Carrying your suit is no hassle.
that's why superheroes have childish mentality...and villains keep returning for more...
The entire concept is a childish concept...

A vigilante on the other hand is more mature...
"Someone who is not ready to stain his hands cannot change anything..."
A vigilante will not sit back with clean hands...for some self righteousness

If at all superheroes exist, they will be like those in The Boys...
But the more likely thing is if people had powers, only kids would be superheroes, adults will rather use it for themselves, their personal gain
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
that's why superheroes have childish mentality...and villains keep returning for more...
The entire concept is a childish concept...

A vigilante on the other hand is more mature...
"Someone who is not ready to stain his hands cannot change anything..."
A vigilante will not sit back with clean hands...for some self righteousness

It's not childish. It's just not being a murderer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

cos they are cowards whose self righteousness is more important than any other life
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

While many innocent people die each time the Villains escape. That's so annoying

It's just a case of Boko Haram getting arrested and later released to kill the innocent often and often

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ishilove:

Ehn, I will avoid them. I'd rather miss out than get indoctrinated. Even the bible warns us to watch what we view with our eyes
and you called yourself woke
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
cos they are cowards whose self righteousness is more important than any other life

Cause they just can't go around killing people. That's the difference between them and the bad guys
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
xynerise:

While many innocent people die each time the Villains escape. That's so annoying

It's just a case of Boko Haram getting arrested and later released to kill the innocent often and often

That's on the system bruv. That's not on them. They can't go around deciding who gets to live or die.

Boko haram will be arrested if they surrender, no good guy is going to straight up murder a guy that has given himself up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
abduleez1:

WB productions? You mean the projects from Netflix and Epix?

Almost all are made by WB or affiliated departments. Even upcoming Netflix's The Sandman is made by WBTV. Netflix just more or less is the sponsor of the show with their big pockets. Similar to Sony/Marvel deal. That's why WB refused to release the Constantine character and Jenna Coleman's Johanna was used.

Projects I'm not sure of is Pennyworth and Sweet Tooth. I still suspect they might be produced also by WBTV especially Sweet Tooth. Na ppl wey dey watch the shows go fit confirm.

Does producing here imply creative control?
Every other thing including the most important which is financing is being done by Netflix, that's my understanding though from what you wrote....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Not killing someone like Joker is definitely not being a coward. Killing him his the easy way out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

Cause they just can't go around killing people. That's the difference between them and the bad guys
and what happens when the guys return and kill more people?
Who's indirectly responsible?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

Not killing someone like Joker is definitely not being a coward. Killing him his the easy way out.

nah, it's cowardice...
Keeping Joker for self righteousness
And Joker's existence adds to batman's relevance

And it's always funny how Joker never gets executed by the state for all his crimes...lmao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
and what happens when the guys return and kill more people?
Who's indirectly responsible?

Not the super heros. Don't you get it. There has to be a line unless you end up being the very thing you are trying to stop.

They don't determine who gets to die.

Joker does not get executed cause he is not mentally stable..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

That's on the system bruv. That's not on them. They can't go around deciding who gets to live or die.

Boko haram will be arrested if they surrender, no good guy is going to straight up murder a guy that has given himself up.

At the end, the ordinary humans without super power remain the victims. It is easier for them to spare because they can defend themselves. Everytime a villain escapes, someone dies. Well, there are 7billion humans so it's nothing.

True, the system is to be blamed but many can't keep dying just because you are reserving one evil for proper justice which is barely death sentence.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

Not the super heros. Don't you get it. There has to be a line unless you end up being the very thing you are trying to stop.

They don't determine who gets to die.

Joker does not get executed cause he is not mentally stable..
Joker doesn't get executed cos the story needs a reoccurring villain
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Does producing here imply creative control?
Every other thing including the most important which is financing is being done by Netflix, that's my understanding though from what you wrote....

Not necessarily. On a normal transaction, a project could be contracted to a production company just to make the project. But this case is
It's who owns the rights to the characters that's the main thing and in this case WB owns the characters as well as produced the series.

I don't know all the details of their partnership but if Constantine was withdrawn from the show then it means WB has some level of creative control. The percentage, that I cannot ascertain.
It's also known that WB intends to bring Constantine to the DCEU, so that's some creative control.

But on most interviews Gaiman has said he was given free reign to do what he wants. And by the looks of the trailers I feel it's look and feel is similar to the comics as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Joker doesn't get executed cos the story needs a reoccurring villain

Joker does not get executed cause you don't kill medically insane people. They are not responsible for Thier actions
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeanmanX(m): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
abduleez1:
Well Deserved....
No be Michelle Khan act dis film?,,,,is it interesting?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
cuffee:
I never called myself woke. Never have, never will

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeanmanX(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
cuffee:

And so what? undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeanmanX(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
BlackManta:
Obara Jesusshocked shocked shocked

With two Avengers movies coming out in the same year, omo I pity these VFX guys, they fit slump die due to intense working camonditions and low pay embarassed

If this is not modern day slavery, then I don't know what else to call it shocked

WTF Disney embarassed
why is Marvel being stingy even with the big bucks dey make
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
felix00:

Joker does not get executed cause you don't kill medically insane people. They are not responsible for Thier actions
lmao...

Yh an insane man that keep escaping to kill more people lmao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
Huge paydays of actors in recent and upcoming projects. cheesy

Apple will pay Leonardo DiCaprio $30 million to reteam with Martin Scorsese on the historical drama “Killers of the Flower Moon,” as well as shell out $30 million to Brad Pitt for getting behind the wheel of a currently untitled Formula One drama from “Top Gun: Maverick” director Joseph Kosinski and $35 million to Will Smith for appearing in the escaped-slave thriller “Emancipation.” Not to be outdone, Netflix will pony up $20 million for Chris Hemsworth and $10 million to Millie Bobby Brown to reprise their roles in the upcoming sequels to “Extraction” and “Enola Holmes.”

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lmao...

Yh an insane man that keep escaping to kill more people lmao

Lol. Google 'Insanity defense'
The joker is not responsible for his actions. Nobody is killing him anywhere
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by felix00(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
BeanmanX:
why is Marvel being stingy even with the big bucks dey make

This is typical of all major cooperations
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
The Witch Part 2. The Other One.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.