Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748600 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) (3230) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
pu7pl3:

You said Disney wants to acquire COMCAST who in turn wants to merge with wb innit?
He made a mistake, Disney wants to acquire Comcast’s stake in Hulu
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
He made a mistake, Disney wants to acquire Comcast stake in Hulu

Okay...thanks for clearing that up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
pu7pl3:

You said Disney wants to acquire COMCAST who in turn wants to merge with wb innit?

Lol, na now I understand why MJBOLT dey troll with the yeye Mickey Mouse jibe. I assumed mostly everyone was familiar with the corporations I'm talking about.

Disney no get the money to even buy Comcast sef. it's a giant fvvking conglomerate on its own. Prolly bigger than Disney itself.

Lemme break it down.

Hulu is a US only streaming service with about 46mn subscribers. It is jointly owned owned by Disney and Comcast (owners of NBCUniversal). Disney is the majority shareholder. Disney wants to buyout Comcast's stake so it has unlimited access to Hulu's content as well as merge it with Disney+.
Comcast's stake is currently valued at $27.5bn.
Disney would be able to buyout Comcast shares in 2024.

This date coincides with the 2yr space(2024) WBD can get into a new deal due to its recent merger with Discovery.

Comcast is eyeing an acquisition of WB by 2024. When Comcast sells its shares in Hulu it will have more than enough cash to bid for WBs merger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
B- is a good score for horror movies, B- for an A24 horror is some premium fvvking good rating. cheesy

The way people have been hyping up this movie as well as Mia Goth's performance as Oscar Best Actress worthy. Hmm, something's cooking...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
abduleez1:
B- is a good score for horror movies, B- for an A24 horror is some premium fvvking good rating. cheesy

The way people have been hyping up this movie as well as Mia Goth's performance as Oscar Best Actress worthy. Hmm, something's cooking...
This has slasher horror written all over it. Judging from what we've seen from slasher horror movies, that is from Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Mike Meyers etc, I'll hold my breath and hope it's not a waste of data.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
ShaqFu:
This has slasher horror written all over it. Judging from what we've seen from slasher horror movies, that is from Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Mike Meyers etc, I'll hold my breath and hope it's not a waste of data.

Yep, it's slasher horror.

If you've watched "X" earlier this year, then that's the first movie in a trilogy. This is the prequel to it I think.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep, it's slasher horror.

If you've watched "X" earlier this year, then that's the first movie in a trilogy. This is the prequel to it I think.
I've not watched X. I'll download it and give it a try. From my search on Google, I see it's a franchise. I'll give it a shot and see if it's worth it. Though I doubt if it'll be worth what Fear Street offered.

*I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hey, I'm wondering if it's just me but have you notice Google Users no longer rate movies when you run a movie search on Google?.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
ShaqFu:
I've not watched X. I'll download it and give it a try. From my search on Google, I see it's a franchise. I'll give it a shot and see if it's worth it. Though I doubt if it'll be worth what Fear Street offered.

Hey, I'm wondering if it's just me but have you notice Google Users no longer rate movies when you run a movie search on Google?.
Still rates here
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Still rates here
Where is here?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
Who recommended Glorious (2022) here ? Who?
Come first I want to tell you something .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:53am On Sep 19, 2022
ShaqFu:

I don't know about that. The searches I just did now gave results for Google users.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:54am On Sep 19, 2022
Spielberg cooking something... The movie is kinda based on him. His childhood I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1G2iLSzOe8
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:38am On Sep 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8bQrTdgNSo

I got 99 problems but a pitch ain't one grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:23am On Sep 19, 2022
ShaqFu:
Where is here?
Abuja NG
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 6:52am On Sep 19, 2022
People wey no well. Movie I deleted halfway and read the remaining plot on Wikipedia.

I have left the rest to the blood of my mb to haunt them cheesy
FILEBE:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2022
House Of The Dragon E05 = 6/10 ✔️

5 good episodes and all they talk about is marriage marriage marriage. I'm getting bored already.

Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power E04 = 5/10
Woke trash ❌
Glorified Wheel Of Time with a billion $ budget.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2022
WriterNig:
House Of The Dragon E05 = 6/10 ✔️

5 good episodes and all they talk about is marriage marriage marriage. I'm getting bored already.

Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power E04 = 5/10
Woke trash ❌
Glorified Wheel Of Time with a billion $ budget.

What do you call a writer that barely reads?

This is a movie thread and not a series thread.

Also, game of thrones is drama. Political (monarchical) drama. Its not aways war or dragons or actions.

I agree that Rings of power is trash

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Abuja NG
I see.
abduleez1:

I don't know about that. The searches I just did now gave results for Google users.
doesn't display in my phone though. Ah well, it's all good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2022
Calibrator:
People wey no well. Movie I deleted halfway and read the remaining plot on Wikipedia.

Even the plot on Twitter no just go well for a 1hr film. It could have just been a 14mins shorts
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, na now I understand why MJBOLT dey troll with the yeye Mickey Mouse jibe. I assumed mostly everyone was familiar with the corporations I'm talking about.

Disney no get the money to even buy Comcast sef. it's a giant fvvking conglomerate on its own. Prolly bigger than Disney itself.

Lemme break it down.

Hulu is a US only streaming service with about 46mn subscribers. It is jointly owned owned by Disney and Comcast (owners of NBCUniversal). Disney is the majority shareholder. Disney wants to buyout Comcast's stake so it has unlimited access to Hulu's content as well as merge it with Disney+.
Comcast's stake is currently valued at $27.5bn.
Disney would be able to buyout Comcast shares in 2024.

This date coincides with the 2yr space(2024) WBD can get into a new deal due to its recent merger with Discovery.

Comcast is eyeing an acquisition of WB by 2024. When Comcast sells its shares in Hulu it will
yeh! efiko. Pu7pl3 bring extra sheet
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
abduleez1:

has an horror film ever won an oscar?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
FILEBE:
me. Come and beat me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8bQrTdgNSo

I got 99 problems but a pitch ain't one grin grin cheesy
one bitch wont leave my dick alone just becos i banged her well
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Nigga Puleeeeze. Mia Goth won't get an Oscar sniff talk more of winning. B- is mediocre for Horror. The first film is nothing to write home about and it rates higher in Cinemascore and RT.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
ShaqFu:

It's nothing like that. It's more arthouse-sey. If you like nudity, old people sex, and hanging dongs, you'll enjoy it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2022
ShaqFu:

It could be a browser issue. Use Kiwi browser, Samsung internet or Mozilla.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by babyfaceafrica: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2022
Thor: love and thunder wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. I’ll give it a strong 3.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Thor: love and thunder wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. I’ll give it a strong 3.5/10

Eggzactly. It's a solid 1/10. Very underrated.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Frostyzone:

It's nothing like that. It's more arthouse-sey. If you like nudity, old people sex, and hanging dongs, you'll enjoy it.
Who tha fvck do you think I am, Soldier Boy. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2022
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Alien Convenant
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Frostyzone:

Nigga Puleeeeze. Mia Goth won't get an Oscar sniff talk more of winning. B- is mediocre for Horror. The first film is nothing to write home about and it rates higher in Cinemascore and RT.
On a scale of A to F rate the Scary Movie franchise series
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2022
Calibrator:

you you will just be issuing empty threat up and down as if you carry sth. Blood ko eje ni. Mb my ass

(1) (2) (3) ... (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) (3230) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.