Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,336 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3775713 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3260) (3261) (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Msmither: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2022
Why are these Horror movies always about an OLD ISOLATED CABIN THE THE WOODS.

80 percent of the description of horror movies I've seen is always about a visit to an Old House

It's getting boring.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2022
Baby Boy 10/10

This is a good movie. One of few black dramas that mirrors the true status of the African American young male, and tries to bring them back from the dead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
pu7pl3:

You want to start a campaign?
I admire her. She's hardworking
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
WriterNig:
°°°

They are not the same actors though.

Jack Gleeson (Geoffrey) and Anthony Starr (Homelander)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2022
gameboy727:

They are not the same actors though.

Jack Gleeson (Geoffrey) and Anthony Starr (Homelander)
Why so serious?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:14am On Oct 17, 2022
pu7pl3:

in Galadriel's voice - "you have not seen half of what I've seen angry"

Make I be prime chicken grin
pu7pl3:

I heard about that it follows, e follow for movies wey I done ban from my shores.
Never grin

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2022
bisqit:
I admire her. She's hardworking

Yea, me too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:03am On Oct 17, 2022
IngeniousLeez:

grin grin

Movie wey dem tell me say if I watch I no go dey pursue woman again grin grin
Not for me bro grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2022
pu7pl3:

Movie wey dem tell me say if I watch I no go dey pursue woman again grin grin
Not for me bro grin

Lmao.... Broooo the fvvk!!! grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Kaycee7:
Why so serious?

Just laying it out there for other "serious" people like me. No need for confusion. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2022
Scenes when WB finishes the year at last position for major studios box office receipts for the year. Finishing below small boy Sony will be the biggest comedy of the year.

Company has been useless for almost the whole year. So without CBM like The Batman and Black Adam, nothing for WBD like this. shocked Horror show to say the least. I don't even think 2019 is as worse as this.

Disney is most likely to win the race on final quarter just by dropping both Black Panther 2 and Avatar 2.
Both films have a potential of dropping a combined 1.1bn+ of box office for Disney.

I must say Universal and Paramount especially have done some brilliant work of maestro. Dishing out a wide variety of content and all round genre. Would have loved either of them be rewarded for their hard work this year but painfully Disney is gonna take the cake.
Acquiring 20th Century Fox already made the battle overly lopsided to Mickey Mouse. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2022
2022 is unarguably the Golden Year for horror. All round variety and great story. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Na wa o. Una Just make person rush go download scary movie wey no scare me shi shi. Film just end like say na fight, no origin, no solution

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
IngeniousLeez:
Scenes when WB finishes the year at last position for major studios box office receipts for the year. Finishing below small boy Sony will be the biggest comedy of the year.

Company has been useless for almost the whole year. So without CBM like The Batman and Black Adam, nothing for WBD like this. shocked Horror show to say the least. I don't even think 2019 is as worse as this.

Disney is most likely to win the race on final quarter just by dropping both Black Panther 2 and Avatar 2.
Both films have a potential of dropping a combined 1.1bn+ of box office for Disney.

I must say Universal and Paramount especially have done some brilliant work of maestro. Dishing out a wide variety of content and all round genre. Would have loved either of them be rewarded for their hard work this year but painfully Disney is gonna take the cake.
Acquiring 20th Century Fox already made the battle overly lopsided to Mickey Mouse. undecided
1.1 na play. I both movies grossing above $600m domestically. My projection for Avatar is $750-800m and Black Panther $700-750m
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
phr0nesis:
Na wa o. Una Just make person rush go download scary movie wey no scare me shi shi. Film just end like say na fight, no origin, no solution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
phr0nesis:

1.1 na play. I both movies grossing above $600m domestically. My projection for Avatar is $750-800m and Black Panther $700-750m

I'm just being conservative. My initial thoughts is both around $600mn especially Avatar 2. It could do $650-750mn tho.
Black Panther gross hinges on how well it's good. But I can say $450-550mn for it.
I don't see BP doing $700mn. Up to $600mn is a stretch for me. But I could be wrong.

How do you see WBs slump at the domestic BO??
To be fair, it has the lowest output of films this year with just 4 titles while others have at least 7 movies already out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
IngeniousLeez:

I'm just being conservative. My initial thoughts is both around $600mn especially Avatar 2. It could do $650-750mn tho.
Black Panther gross hinges on how well it's good. But I can say $450-550mn for it.
I don't see BP doing $700mn. Up to $600mn is a stretch for me. But I could be wrong.

How do you see WBs slump at the domestic BO??
To be fair, it has the lowest output of films this year with just 4 titles while others have at least 7 movies already out.
The only big release left for WB in 2022 is Black Adam. Not only have they failed domestically, but internationally as well. However, I have high hopes for 2023, considering their lineups (that's if they don't carryout their routine delays/cancellation) for next year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
phr0nesis:

The only big release left for WB in 2022 is Black Adam. Not only have they failed domestically, but internationally as well. However, I have high hopes for 2023, considering their lineups (that's if they don't carryout their routine delays/cancellation) for next year

What about Shazam?
Edit: sorry bro just found out that it was pushed to march 2023. Smart move from WB, running away from competition with Avatar 2. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
SOZINN:

What about Shazam?
Edit: sorry bro just found out that it was pushed to march 2023. Smart move from WB, running away from competition with Avatar 2. grin
I had sworn that I would find the weed dealer supplying WB executives for initially fixing Shazam 2 on the same day with Avatar 2.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2022
SOZINN:

What about Shazam?
This and they are also broke. They are trying to spread the release date of movies so as to make money for marketing and promotions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
phr0nesis:

Pretty abysmal year for WB all round. Imagine Sony having more release than WB that has DC and New Line Cinema. No single horror movie from New Line this year.

Prospects for Black Adam is sketchy for now sef.
I'm seeing a $180-250mn domestic.
True, WB 2023 lineup looks solid, I don't expect delays or moving to 2024 since most of them are already in post-production.

Salem's Lot
Wonka
Aquaman 2
Flash
Blue Beetle
Shazam 2
Dune 2
Evil Dead Rise
Barbie
The Meg 2
The Last Train To New York
The Nun 2
Coyote vs Acme
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
phr0nesis:

I had sworn that I would find the weed dealer supplying WB executives for initially fixing Shazam 2 on the same day with Avatar 2.

I thought Shazam 2 vs Avatar 2 was smart programming. It's Avatar vs Aquaman 2 that was the scary comparison.

Shazam plays to a different audience and is a counter programming for Avatar. It's also a family and Christmas movie in the first place. So it'd easily hold its ground.
You peeps are also forgetting this same Shazam had already gone toe to toe with Endgame and Captain Marvel in the box office in 2019. Its box office was kneecapped but it still made 4x it's budget. Especially being a relatively unknown superhero with no previous cameo whatsoever.

That Xmas date would have bettered its chances at the BO imo.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
This and they are also broke. They are trying to spread the release date of movies so as to make money for marketing and promotions.

Why wouldn't they be broke with the huge splashing on HBO's House of The Dragon ($200mn), The Last of Us($150mn), The Batman ($220mn), Flash ($200mn+), Aquaman 2 ($180mn), Succession ($90mn) etc. also Jason Kilar's decision dumping all tentpole movies last year with same date tactics didn't help at all recovering funds for these projects.

I'm still wondering how WB managed to line up so many big projects so close to themselves without potent numbers of small projects with high gains like horror movies.
Releasing one or two solid horror films in 2022 would have helped with some several million dollars of marketing funds.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
IngeniousLeez:

I thought Shazam 2 vs Avatar 2 was smart programming. It's Avatar vs Aquaman 2 that was the scary comparison.

Shazam plays to a different audience and is a counter programming for Avatar. It's also a family and Christmas movie in the first place. So it'd easily hold its ground.

No it won't. Both are PG 13. Both are made for the same demographic. Moving Shazam 2 forward was a smart move by WB cuz it would lose the revenue battle if it squares up against Avatar 2.

IngeniousLeez:

You peeps are also forgetting this same Shazam had already gone toe to toe with Endgame and Captain Marvel in the box office in 2019. Its box office was kneecapped but it still made 4x it's budget. Especially being a relatively unknown superhero with no previous cameo whatsoever.

That Xmas date would have bettered its chances at the BO imo.

Using the term toe to toe is only valid if Shazam had put up a fight, but it didn't. Endgame completely obliterated it. WB obviously still has some lingering PTSD, and don't fancy a repeat.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Meklex(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
bisqit:
Baby Boy 10/10

This is a good movie. One of few black dramas that mirrors the true status of the African American young male, and tries to bring them back from the dead.
where can I download it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
Frostyzone:

Using the term toe to toe is only valid if Shazam had put up a fight, but it didn't. Endgame completely obliterated it. WB obviously still has some lingering PTSD, and don't fancy a repeat.
Shazam held it own against Endgame, a culmination 20+ movies and did fine, I think it was moved because WB don’t want it to do just fine at the box office, they want it to do excellent numbers. If they wanted the previous BO return, they’d leave it at the December date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Shazam held it own against Endgame, a culmination 20+ movies and did fine, I think it was moved because WB don’t want it to do just fine at the box office but because they want it to do excellent numbers. If they wanted the previous BO return, they’d leave it at the December date.

Earning $366 million on a $100 million expenditure is a success. The story would have been different if the budget was higher. You can't expect them to play such games now that the director has publicly stated that the sequel will be bigger.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
Meklex:
where can I download it?
Watch your TV
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Msmither:
Why are these Horror movies always about an OLD ISOLATED CABIN THE THE WOODS.

80 percent of the description of horror movies I've seen is always about a visit to an Old House

It's getting boring.
A nightmare on elm street wont be boring if only you give it a try
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
Luck (2022)

8.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Frostyzone:

No it won't. Both are PG 13. Both are made for the same demographic. Moving Shazam 2 forward was a smart move by WB cuz it would lose the revenue battle if it squares up against Avatar 2.

Being pg13 doesn't necessarily mean another project that is also PG-13 is catering to the same demographic.
Shazam is PG-13 but you can't say its in the same demographic as something like The Batman cos it's also PG-13. We all know who turned up for Batman; definitely not kids.

Age as well as gender and ethnicity decides demographics. Not only if it's rated PG for general consumption. Is it mainly for white male? Black female or Hispanic?
I think Shazam is more geared towards 18 yr olds and lesser. While Avatar is geared towards an older audience especially since the movie premiered 13yrs ago. The people who grew up with it will be older now this pushing up its age range.
Genre also plays a role. Shazam 2 is action comedy while Avatar is Sci fi, Fantasy & adventure.
Avatar 2 will most likely appeal to adult white males more.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
SOZINN:

Earning $366 million on a $100 million expenditure is a success. The story would have been different if the budget was higher. You can't expect them to play such games now that the director has publicly stated that the sequel will be bigger.

Shazam was made for $90mn. I don't think Shazam 2 would be anything higher than $120mn no matter the budget bump.
Highest na additional $10mn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3260) (3261) (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.