Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,661 members, 7,840,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3793357 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (3847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
mrletsgo:
Dude. It seems we like the same type of movies. My top 10 movies are: Godfather, Goodfellas, Fight Club, Dark Knight (because of Joker obviously), Boyhood, Grand Budapest Hotel, Interstellar. Whiplash, Birdman and Inglorious Basterds. I also pride myself on having watchd about 90-100% of Nolan's work. But I think his best work is Interstellar. Y wuld u say Scorceses' Goodfellas is beta than Coppolas' Godfather? I mean that 'what's so funny' line was classic but Godfather is definitely the best mafia movie of all time. Can't wait 4 Nolan's Dunkirk movie.
Honestly, I've seen too many great films to even name a top 50. I feel Goodfellas has more action than Godfather. I mean, Godfather focused more on the heads of the mafia families while Goodfellas was about those who carried out the operations themselves, their acts and their lives. Don't forget that Goodfellas was based on a true story. I like the scene where Tommy was 'whacked' when he thought he was going to be 'made'. I love Godfather too, I think Marlon Brando was just exceptional. Nobody could have acted that role better.
I love Grand Budapest Hotel too. I love the cinematography, the colour and the humour. And I love Ralph Fiennes' acting too. It's a really lovely movie.
I didn't really feel Birdman though. Actually, I don't enjoy Alejandro Iñárritu's storytelling. Birdman seemed vague to me.
As for King Nolan, I think I've seen about 95% of his movies and yes, I'm also waiting eagerly for Dunkirk. It's my most anticipated movie of 2017 followed by Pirates Of The Caribbean : Dead Man Tell No Tales. I really like Interstellar and I think it's brilliant but the first 30-45mins was drab mehn. The main film started when they took off for space. And Hans Zimmer's score, damn I love Hans Zimmer! His music breathes life into movies. It makes you feel some emotions that you won't just be able to explain.
Last last, go and watch The Prestige if you haven't seen it bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
mrletsgo:
Dude. It seems we like the same type of movies. My top 10 movies are: Godfather, Goodfellas, Fight Club, Dark Knight (because of Joker obviously), Boyhood, Grand Budapest Hotel, Interstellar. Whiplash, Birdman and Inglorious Basterds. I also pride myself on having watchd about 90-100% of Nolan's work. But I think his best work is Interstellar. Y wuld u say Scorceses' Goodfellas is beta than Coppolas' Godfather? I mean that 'what's so funny' scene was and is still classic but Godfather is definitely the best mafia movie of all time. Can't wait 4 Nolan's Dunkirk movie. I also like directors like Tarantino, Coen Brothers, Woody, Scorcese and Alejandro Inhharitu
If you like Coen brothers, you'd probably have seen The Ladykillers and O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chrisseun(m): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
1. The secret life of pets
2. Finding dory
3. The conjuring 2

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Allied.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by davide470(m): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
UjSizzle:

Was writing my Ican exams.
Oh! The Bookish.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

If you like Coen brothers, you'd probably have seen The Ladykillers and O Brother, Where Art Thou?
I've nt seen any of those movies bt I've seen Lebowski, Hail Ceasar, No Country 4 Old Men and Fargo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Honestly, I've seen too many great films to even name a top 50. I feel Goodfellas has more action than Godfather. I mean, Godfather focused more on the heads of the mafia families while Goodfellas was about those who carried out the operations themselves, their acts and their lives. Don't forget that Goodfellas was based on a true story. I like the scene where Tommy was 'whacked' when he thought he was going to be 'made'. I love Godfather too, I think Marlon Brando was just exceptional. Nobody could have acted that role better.
I love Grand Budapest Hotel too. I love the cinematography, the colour and the humour. And I love Ralph Fiennes' acting too. It's a really lovely movie.
I didn't really feel Birdman though. Actually, I don't enjoy Alejandro Iñárritu's storytelling. Birdman seemed vague to me.
As for King Nolan, I think I've seen about 95% of his movies and yes, I'm also waiting eagerly for Dunkirk. It's my most anticipated movie of 2017 followed by Pirates Of The Caribbean : Dead Man Tell No Tales. I really like Interstellar and I think it's brilliant but the first 30-45mins was drab mehn. The main film started when they took off for space. And Hans Zimmer's score, damn I love Hans Zimmer! His music breathes life into movies. It makes you feel some emotions that you won't just be able to explain.
Valid points. Goodfellas' portrayal of the source characters was spot on but I guess my love for Godfather is quite biased. I agree Birdman was quite queer. There's a reason Zimmer is a legend. And I've watched Prestige bt I dnt think it's still as engaging as Momento or even Inception. I mean Jackman cloning himself and the Bale twin revelation were nice plot twists bt aside that the movie was bland IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RaeMystix: 3:22am On Nov 23, 2016
Just finished watching season 6 of The Game of Thrones. Finally hooked after my other begged me to watch it. I did find it difficult to sit through the sex and naked scenes, but o well. Season 7 isn't likely to feature much or if any of that, cos spoilers has it that it would be full of dark times. White Walkers galore.

13 more episodes to go until the end of the series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:36am On Nov 23, 2016
RaeMystix:
Just finished watching season 6 of The Game of Thrones. Finally hooked after my other begged me to watch it. I did find it difficult to sit through the sex and naked scenes, but o well. Season 7 isn't likely to feature much or if any of that, cos spoilers has it that it would be full of dark times. White Walkers galore.

13 more episodes to go until the end of the series.
This is not GoT thread. About the sex and naked scenes not being comfortable, did you watch it with your kids? GoT series should be watched alone.

www.nairaland.com/1243015/game-thrones-discussion-beware-spoilers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2016
mrletsgo:

Valid points. Goodfellas' portrayal of the source characters was spot on but I guess my love for Godfather is quite biased. I agree Birdman was quite queer. There's a reason Zimmer is a legend. And I've watched Prestige bt I dnt think it's still as engaging as Momento or even Inception. I mean Jackman cloning himself and the Bale twin revelation were nice plot twists bt aside that the movie was bland IMO.
I like your opinion man. The Prestige seemed bland initially but the ending and twist just changed the whole movie for me. I downloaded Insomnia yesterday. I'll probably watch it this evening after work.

mrletsgo:

I've nt seen any of those movies bt I've seen Lebowski, Hail Ceasar, No Country 4 Old Men and Fargo
Funny enough, I have No Country 4 Old Men and Fargo but I haven't seen them. Are they good?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Funny enough, I have No Country 4 Old Men and Fargo but I haven't seen them. Are they good?

shocked shocked shocked
You should check out the series also.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Egohunter: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2016
checkout this top 250 movies link http://s1.bia2m.biz/Movies/250%20Top%20Movies/
OgidiOlu3:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

I like your opinion man. The Prestige seemed bland initially but the ending and twist just changed the whole movie for me. I downloaded Insomnia yesterday. I'll probably watch it this evening after work.

Ya I like Fargo because of the storyline and Steve Buscemi bt No Country is deeper wit references 2 morals. I've nt watchd Insomnia. Pls feedback after u watch it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2016
oyetpel:

This is not GoT thread. About the sex and naked scenes not being comfortable, did you watch it with your kids? GoT series should be watched alone.

R rated, certainly not for kids
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RaeMystix: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
oyetpel:

I don't have kids. I watched majority of the series with an adult.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
HIGH STRUNG 2016 720p Blu ray...Genre: Drama, Romance, Dance, Choreography, Musical. This, for me, is d best Dance musical movie for the year 2016, good acting, high energy on display, comes with a mix of d Bellerina dance too. Very brilliant and entertaining. 8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
RaeMystix:

I don't have kids. I watched majority of the series with an adult.
oh sorry, during the US elections i thought you made mention of kids in one thread like that. So when you said those scenes made you uncomfortable, i knew you had watched it with someone.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
Egohunter:
checkout this top 250 movies link http://s1.bia2m.biz/Movies/250%20Top%20Movies/

Thanks for the link bro. You've saved my movie life grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
mrletsgo:
Ya I like Fargo because of the storyline and Steve Buscemi bt No Country is deeper wit references 2 morals. I've nt watchd Insomnia. Pls feedback after u watch it
I'll watch them then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Vorpal:

shocked shocked shocked
You should check out the series also.
Didn't know it had series o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
obixcel:
HIGH STRUNG 2016 720p Blu ray...Genre: Drama, Romance, Dance, Choreography, Musical. This, for me, is d best Dance musical movie for the year 2016, good acting, high energy on display, comes with a mix of d Bellerina dance too. Very brilliant and entertaining. 8/10
What of La La Land :-(?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RaeMystix: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
oyetpel:

oh sorry, during the US elections i thought you made mention of kids in one thread like that. So when you said those scenes made you uncomfortable, i knew you had watched it with someone.

Perhaps I did, but wasn't refering to myself.My comment was about folks that will no longer have the luxury of traveling to the US just for the purpose of child birth, now that Trump has spoken his intentions on banning such.

Yes!!!...At first, the scenes were *shrugs*.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
mrletsgo:
What of La La Land :-(?
nope, don't know about that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
obixcel:
nope, don't know about that.
Oya go and look 4 it shap shap
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
lights out....4/5
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
mrletsgo:

I never did get this big lebowski and why it was a rave. Maybe i never concentrated on it.

Will see it again.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ocephraim(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Queen of Katwe
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
ocephraim:
Queen of Katwe
Has it been released?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 24, 2016

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2016
Reservoir Dogs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by csamii: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
Snowden
After watching this movie all I can say is fear U.S.A.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (3847) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.