Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774363 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
ShaqFu:
the 2k don buy you better fried rice and chicken sef. If you be African man like me, na better Semo with vegetable soup and better beef I go use am buy.

Na guguru me go come use 2k buy. God forbid bad thing.
What kind of African man voluntarily eats semo?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
My kind.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by michigang: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
you are a bush man. leave this continent before I sent the gods after you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
ShaqFu:
My kind.
Going to contest for presidency so I can ban that fufu impersonator.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by michigang: 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
abduleez1:

Correct guy.
Why I go use my money buy useless popcorn of 2k wey no go belleful me.
I dey always chop wella before I enter cinema sef. Or instead use the money enter chicken republic first.
I chop jollof rice and fried chicken for chicken republic the other day and oh my god. come and see enjoyment
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
ShaqFu:
the 2k don buy you better fried rice and chicken sef. If you be African man like me, na better Semo with vegetable soup and better beef I go use am buy.

Na guguru me go come use 2k buy. God forbid bad thing.

Walahi, you be sharp guy.
Chicken Republic jollof and chicken + soft drink no pass #1300. The remaining 700 change go use arrange suya after the movie watching.
No be Nonsense guguru I go waste my money chop.
I wan go watch film for cinema one day, the attendants dey offer me why I no buy tickets with popcorn. I just dey look am dey shake head for my mind. Shey you dey whine me ni. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
abduleez1:

Chicken Republic jollof and chicken + soft drink no pass #1300. The remaining 700 change go use arrange suya after the movie watching.
I wan go watch film for cinema one day, the attendants dey offer me why I no buy tickets with popcorn. I just dey look am dey shake head for my mind. Shey you dey whine me ni. grin grin

Are we competing here for who is the cheapest?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Are we competing here for who is the cheapest?

Lol, seems so boss.
Cos Jerome Black dey assume say the prices of tickets are uniform everywhere.

Even for Lagos state with the most number of cinemas sef, the prices varies between different theatre chains and locations. Talkless of talking about different states.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
Amateurs

Watch two movies back to back on empty stomach.

Oya, beat that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Amateurs

Watch two movies back to back on empty stomach.

Oya, beat that.

Lol, that one no hard na. grin grin

Na 8 wraps of fufu go solve the matter after movie binging. grin grin🤌🤌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
I watched the triangle of sadness and the menu few weeks back and I didn’t like them. Two of my friends nudged me to have a second viewing to appreciate the movies, which I did. I still don’t like them.

The Menu was a little bit better because we got to know why the chef went mad, but that triangle of sadness was just not it. The director spent about 1hr45minutes out of the total 2hrs20minutes length of the film showing pointless scenes.

One would think and hope that all the pointless scenes would add up later. It ended up being a disappointing convoluted survival movie where just a single poor lady now exercise her newly found power.

I believe the two movies got a pass because they were satiric and artsy movie about the rich. Those kind of movies have been getting good rating in recent times regardless of what they do. But for me, both movies were underwhelming. I felt like I wasted my time twice watching those movies.

At least, there are many other satiric movies out there that are thought provoking and enjoyable.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
Google asteroid city cast. 😱🤯
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
vinland saga no be anybody mate!!!!!!

Man the season 2 is fire. They outdid themselves

cc baddestguyp
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
Blueelf:
vinland saga no be anybody mate!!!!!!

Man the season 2 is fire. They outdid themselves

cc baddestguyp
Yep, Vinland Saga is always peak nah
And the animation even improved this season
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, that one no hard na. grin grin

Na 8 wraps of fufu go solve the matter after movie binging. grin grin🤌🤌
After swallowing 8 wraps of fufu, you'll be asleep within the first five minutes of the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
toluxe0075:
I watched the triangle of sadness and the menu few weeks back and I didn’t like them. Two of my friends nudged me to have a second viewing to appreciate the movies, which I did. I still don’t like them.

The Menu was a little bit better because we got to know why the chef went mad, but that triangle of sadness was just not it. The director spent about 1hr45minutes out of the total 2hrs20minutes length of the film showing pointless scenes.

One would think and hope that all the pointless scenes would add up later. It ended up being a disappointing convoluted survival movie where just a single poor lady now exercise her new found power.

I believe the two movies got a pass because they were satiric and artsy movie about the rich. Those kind of movies have been getting good rating in recent times regardless of what they do. But for me, both movies were underwhelming. I felt like I wasted my time twice watching those movies.

At least there are many other satiric movies out there that are thought provoking and enjoyable.
Nah. You didn't understand the movie if you think this way. You're right that is a satire: a satire about class struggle. The rich and influential are shipwrecked with the very dregs of the social hierarchy which is represented metaphorically represented by the position they occupy on the luxury yacht. Now, when everything goes south, power falls into the hands of hoi polloi, who now takes charge of food distribution. Food is life, so now their lives are in the hands of the lowly person because these rich people are completely devoid of any kind of survival skill.

Just how far can people go to retain power? That's what the end seems to be asking, although it is open to interpretation.

I absolutely loved the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2023
Octopusssy:

Nah. You didn't understand the movie if you think this way. You're right that is a satire: a satire about class struggle. The rich and influential are shipwrecked with the very dregs of the social hierarchy which is represented metaphorically represented by the position they occupy on the luxury yacht. Now, when everything goes south, power falls into the hands of hoi polloi, who now takes charge of food distribution. Food is life, so now their lives are in the hands of the lowly person because these rich people are completely devoid of any kind of survival skill.

Just how far can people go to retain power? That's what the end seems to be asking, although it is open to interpretation.

I absolutely loved the movie
Maybe he missed the whole point of the movie. Every scene of triangle of sadness is an artistic satire and a genuine masterpiece of storytelling. Just the scene in the restaurant where they were arguing about who to pay was masterfully edited and i had to watch that scene thrice

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 5:09am On Mar 29, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Yep, Vinland Saga is always peak nah
And the animation even improved this season

So better than AOT?

grin wink grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:32am On Mar 29, 2023
Blueelf:

So better than AOT?

grin wink grin cheesy
Never
And it's not even close

I've said it before, AOT is one of the best series of all time
The amount of depth in that show is mind blowing

You keep comparing Vinland Saga to AOT, yet you refused to watch AOT
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2023
SOZINN:
Google asteroid city cast. 😱🤯
Lawd haff mercy. What is this lineup? How Wes dey take run this thing? shocked

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 7:22am On Mar 29, 2023
Illusioneffect:

Maybe he missed the whole point of the movie. Every scene of triangle of sadness is an artistic satire and a genuine masterpiece of storytelling. Just the scene in the restaurant where they were arguing about who to pay was masterfully edited and i had to watch that scene thrice
My favourite scene is where the drunk Captain reads his manifesto with the maniacally laughing, equally drunk passenger. This was after seasickness had ruined the Captains dinner by making everyone vomit on everyone. The vomit scene was downright disgusting and very very funny.

One particular quote in the manifesto was so good, I had to screenshot it grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:34am On Mar 29, 2023
Octopusssy:

After swallowing 8 wraps of fufu, you'll be asleep within the first five minutes of the movie

Lol, note AFTER the movie watching. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2023
Kaycee7:

Lol, I don dey talk about this film cast list since last year na. It rivals Oppenheimer and Dune 2 and beats out Barbie.

Na the film budget I was see first.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, I don dey talk about this film cast list since last year na. It rivals Oppenheimer and Dune 2 and beats out Barbie.

Na the film budget I was see first.
Budget fit no reach $75m las las. Remember he did French Dispatch with $25m.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ValeeLove(m): 9:00am On Mar 29, 2023
Who has watched this old movie?
How did you feel about it?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:44am On Mar 29, 2023
Kaycee7:

Still not impressed.

Wes Anderson's films are mainly Oscar bait: entertainment value is zero.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Still not impressed.

Wes Anderson's films are mainly Oscar bait: entertainment value is zero.
Well I've only seen one of his films so far, The French Dispatch, and I found it pretty entertaining. Maybe that one's an oddity, so fingers crossed until I go through more of his work.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2023
abduleez1:

I brought Amala and ewedu. Meanwhile jollof+chicken minus drink is 1500
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Saturnalia(m): 12:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
DOyaskii:
This is the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time and as it has become available digitally, it is a must see.
The movie features heavy CGI and a long run time, so it is an enconder nightmare. Below are some links with "reasonable sizes" that with quality and size file in mind to cater for all categories so that you can enjoy the stunning beauty of this movie immersive cinematography!

480p file size: 850mb https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BiHbv9I6NxQyEXh77qaBMA_aFKPI15Ih/view?usp=drivesdk

720p File size: 992mb https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bQEzFfFEIAr4erq-NkW-y-YtBBYrQt82/view?usp=drivesdk

720p File size: 2.92gb prestine quality https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y8SkIHWmsrhkbdPRIEZpdHmjCho74PKD/view?usp=drivesdk

1080p File Size: 5.7GB premium quality, especially if you have a high end device, suitable for UHD tv. https://drive.google.com/file/d/137lv4XI9iUZOScVT4dYTYa-skr0hp4Eo/view?usp=drivesdk

The 4K UHD file is still too messy and the size over bloated for now, will update as soon as it becomes available if need be.

Enjoy and Shalom fellow Sailors ☠️😁

Comrades, please I need someone to help me download this movie:

DOWNFALL - 2004 (Allegedly The Best Adolf Hitler Movie) in 480P on Google Drive or any other platform and then post the download link here on this thread - for me to download.

I have been looking for it for some time now without any success.

Thank you.

CC: DOyaskii , Baddestguyp , Abduleez1 , ShaqFu and others.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Never
And it's not even close

I've said it before, AOT is one of the best series of all time
The amount of depth in that show is mind blowing

You keep comparing Vinland Saga to AOT, yet you refused to watch AOT

AOT hasn't been able to hold me spell-bound. I have gotten bored in season 3

Also, Vinland Saga is more realistic. Titans running up and down and threatening to wipe out humanity Lolllllllllllll

If titans really existed, me and you for no dey alive to dey analyze anime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2023
Blueelf:

AOT hasn't been able to hold me spell-bound. I have gotten bored in season 3

Also, Vinland Saga is more realistic. Titans running up and down and threatening to wipe out humanity Lolllllllllllll

If titans really existed, me and you for no dey alive to dey analyze anime
you're not really making sense tbh
You say AOT is not for you...of course because you were hating on it even before you watched it...

You can't stand the fact that people hype it, that's why you called it overhyped when you hadn't even watched it...

As for being realistic, makes no sense too...it's fiction...vampires don't exist...
Even Vinland Saga you're talking about isn't realistic...
Thorkell does things that are not humanly possible
Even Thors too

And AOT is a lot deeper than "Titans running around"
Your statement tells me you either haven't actually watched it even till now...or you didn't pay attention or you don't even understand what you're watching

(1) (2) (3) ... (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.