Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3742541 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:39pm On May 06, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
She's on exile I guess, ๐Ÿ˜‚ her career is dead already.
I can't believe that this is the same girl I had a crush on since 2010. I never knew she will turn out to be terrible.
๐Ÿ˜

She's moving away from all the unmerited noise and hate, turning down all her BIg PROjectS to go find some peace. ๐Ÿ˜Œ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:50pm On May 06, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
That's Warner Bros/DC loss, it ain't my business. with the immense hatred JD fans have for Amber turd, the movie might flop and be a box office bomb. for me particularly, I ain't watching the movie, even if I eventually change my mind, it will be because of Jason.

To your question, I don't know what "The flash" have to do with "Aquaman". ๐Ÿค”

And Yes, I will see "The Flash" movie because I've been anticipating for DC/WB to release it for years now.

Lol, you people overestimate your powers. grin grin

And who dey tell you say Aquaman 2 will flop cos of Johnny's fans boycotting the film.
If the film is good and with decent marketing no online noisemakers won't make it not make money.
Make we no dey here dey deceive ourselves with social media echo chambers. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:56pm On May 06, 2023
SOZINN:

Lol, leave Amber out of this, all her scenes in the sequel have been cut down to a few minutes. Early reports already said the flick is a fuckรฎng dumpster fire. Pirates of the Caribbean is dead for good. The fans want Johnny but he's not coming back, they tried to cast Margot Robbie but man, even Disney can't take that much hate.

If you believe the "early reports" based on test screenings that isn't even the final version of the film and with each screening with slightly different content as the one before; hope you'd also believe when I tell you that based on the last "reports" about the movie, her screentime has increased and is actually equal to what was screened the very first time. About 14 minutes is her actual screentime in the latest talk about Amber Heard's involvement with Aquaman 2.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2023
SOZINN:

She's moving away from all the unmerited noise and hate, turning down all her BIg PROjectS to go find some peace. ๐Ÿ˜Œ
Peace kee her dia
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:03pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, you people overestimate your powers. grin grin

And who dey tell you say Aquaman 2 will flop cos of Johnny's fans boycotting the film.
If the film is good and with decent marketing no online noisemakers won't make it not make money.
Make we no dey here dey deceive ourselves with social media echo chambers. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Bro don't underestimate the power of fans, thousands if not millions of JD fans signed petitions to boycott her movies last year or so because of what she did. it's the same fans that are going to the cinemas so don't underestimate the power of fans out there, even if it's a nice movie, if fans boycott the movie, it will flop.

Buy I pray it dosen't because of Jason Mamoa, I don't want his movie to suffer because of some pathological lying ass b--ch.
๐Ÿ˜

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:03pm On May 06, 2023
Kaycee7:
This reminds me of the Axe of Zaslav era and how he was getting dragged that period. Las las, baba knew what he was doing.

Lol, na true sha....
I remember as I swear for that man die but I knew he was better than that weyrey Jason Kilar that was greenlighting any nonsense he hears about just to spend more money on content. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

Funny enough, I heard something that theatre owners being angered by what WB did then with day and date release retaliated with quickly dropping WB movies outta their screens when they debuted except for the potentially promising box office films. And WB been struggling pretty much at the BO for the past two years.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2023
SOZINN:

I saw the news about her living in exile with her adopted daughter in Spain last year.

Let her stay there forever, moreover her Hollywood career is dead already. any producer that involve her in his project will only lose his money.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:12pm On May 06, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Bro don't underestimate the power of fans, thousands if not millions of JD fans signed petitions to boycott her movies last year or so because of what she did. it's the same fans that are going to the cinemas so don't underestimate the power of fans out there, even if it's a nice movie, if fans boycott the movie, it will flop.

Buy I pray it dosen't because of Jason Mamoa, I don't want his movie to suffer because of some pathological lying ass b--ch.
๐Ÿ˜

How many boycotting na do wey affect the Wizarding World Franchise with JK Rowling earning the wrath of "online noisemakers"??

In fact, based on reports from Zaslav, Hogwarts Legacy has delivered $1bn in revenue.
Na go just shout and condemn online to be politically correct but na go secretly go watch or patronise a product if it's good.
Nothing new under the sun bro.

How many of Amber Heard's movies don release sef since her court case with Depp?? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Abi na think say China, Japan and South Korea gives two fvvks if Johnny Depp or Amber Heard dey the film or not.
Na dey mistake what Hollywood or America thinks with the opinions of the rest of the world. If that film is good and well marketed, it's gonna make money regardless. In fact I see nothing less than $650mn presently especially if China turns up. I never see trailer yet oo to determine audience reaction and gauge anticipation levels.

Forget all this capping.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:17pm On May 06, 2023
Now I want to watch it

Saw some complaints on Twitter about it being too dark...
Wtf... people want kids movies or what?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2023
I kinda slightly underestimated this movie, but it's looking like something that's definitely gonna make some splash at the box office despite the loud criticisms about it.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2023
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2023
Guardians of the galaxy vol 3

Never knew a story about a CGI Racoon will move me like this.

Everybody had their time to shine as well.

A good ending for the guardians.

8.5/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:41pm On May 06, 2023
Big Zas doing Big Zas things. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I've always wondered what's the point with WAG. The studio don't even bother to invest in the division. I sometimes wonder if they don't see what Illumination is making. Sony Pictures is way more successful sef even with their mixed bag in critical reception.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:05pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
People are bashing this poster seriously ๐Ÿ˜‚...but by the by, i know my man CN has seriously cooked with this one can't wait. With GOTG Vol 3 already out, my most anticipated movies for the rest of the year is this, "Dune part two", "The Killers", "Barbie", "Rebel Moon", "The Flash" and "killers of the flower moon" ๐ŸŽฌ.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:
I kinda slightly underestimated this movie, but it's looking like something that's definitely gonna make some splash at the box office despite the loud criticisms about it.
Disney read the room, and did a massive last big marketing push for the movie and i think casting Halle Bailey as Ariel was a masterstroke considering the "over zealous" hysteria for cultural representation in Blockbuster flicks these days, a "black mermaid" will certainly drive numbers in a particular demography. I personally don't see it as the kind of flick i would like to see at the Cinemas, so i will be waiting for it to sail like my fellow brothers's in arm, but i believe the flick will do decent numbers at the BO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:26pm On May 06, 2023
๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:33pm On May 06, 2023
๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿคก

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:34pm On May 06, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:42pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

If you believe the "early reports" based on test screenings that isn't even the final version of the film and with each screening with slightly different content as the one before; hope you'd also believe when I tell you that based on the last "reports" about the movie, her screentime has increased and is actually equal to what was screened the very first time. About 14 minutes is her actual screentime in the latest talk about Amber Heard's involvement with Aquaman 2.

The first one was barely above average, I don't believe James Wan can flip this one from terrible into something special, he's not just that good. Outside horror man's average as fรปck. But anyways there's over 200mil on the line so for their sake he better. Increasing Amber's screentime might be good for the story but I don't know about the marketing, the petition to boycott this one has been signed several million times more than that of the flash.

Also I don't even want to compare this movie to the flash because the flash is a way bigger story. This is just another addition to the DCEU that won't matter while the flash is the fรบcking game changer, so the both of them are not even on the same line. Audience already have a reason to skip this shit cause it won't matter. Furthermore the flash already has great reviews and hype from even James Gunn himself. My bet is that Aquaman 2 will struggle to reach 500 mil but let's watch and see what James Wan can come up with.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
People are bashing this poster seriously ๐Ÿ˜‚...but by the by, i know my man CN has seriously cooked with this one can't wait. With GOTG Vol 3 already out, my most anticipated movies for the rest of the year is this, "Dune part two", "The Killers", "Barbie", "Rebel Moon", "The Flash" and "killers of the flower moon" ๐ŸŽฌ.

Brooo, you just mentioned almost all of my most anticipated films of the year, except Rebel Moon. Still anticipating it but not in my top list. A trailer or two might change my mind.

I honestly thought I was the only one anticipating "Barbie".. People go collect premium shock. grin

Yep, saw some peeps saying the poster is @ss. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:58pm On May 06, 2023
WriterNig:
๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Na Lea Seydoux be this abi eyes dey pain me?? ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿค”

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:01pm On May 06, 2023
SOZINN:

The first one was barely above average, I don't believe James Wan can flip this one from terrible into something special, he's not just that good. Outside horror man's average as fรปck. But anyways there's over 200mil on the line so for their sake he better. Increasing Amber's screentime might be good for the story but I don't know about the marketing, the petition to boycott this one has been signed several million times more than that of the flash.

Also I don't even want to compare this movie to the flash because the flash is a way bigger story. This is just another addition to the DCEU that won't matter while the flash is the fรบcking game changer, so the both of them are not even on the same line. Audience already have a reason to skip this shit cause it won't matter. Furthermore the flash already has great reviews and hype from even James Gunn himself. My bet is that Aquaman 2 will struggle to reach 500 mil but let's watch and see what James Wan can come up with.

We shall see.... Lol peeps talking about a movie that has gone through extensive reshoots and some earlier this year, with several months before it premieres. Make we dey look.

Film wey promo never even start at all sef. No poster, art, teaser, trailer or anything. Ok oo.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:06pm On May 06, 2023
If David Zaslav can sing the praises of Barbie this way alongside The Flash and having WB execs dressing up as clowns in Cinemacon 2023. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I no wan know how this movie no good or how it won't PERFORM at the BO. Especially when it's helmed by Greta Gerwig. Her name alone is one of the major reasons this film is getting this buzz.

Those 3 movies up there are WBD's trump cards for this year.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
Disney read the room, and did a massive last big marketing push for the movie and i think casting Halle Bailey as Ariel was a masterstroke considering the "over zealous" hysteria for cultural representation in Blockbuster flicks these days, a "black mermaid" will certainly drive numbers in a particular demography. I personally don't see it as the kind of flick i would like to see at the Cinemas, so i will be waiting for it to sail like my fellow brothers's in arm, but i believe the flick will do decent numbers at the BO.

I agree with this.
Same here, not my kind of movie I'd wanna see at cinemas. I'd easily replace this with "Barbie". That flick sure looks delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ and one to subvert expectations especially when you expecting what was in the trailers. I'm smelling something with nuance, talk about societal expectations, stereotypes and all, deviating from the "happy ho" promos we seeing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by darkelf: 8:13pm On May 06, 2023
omo

saw guardians of the galaxy in cinemas today

it was lit

8/10 pushing on 9/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:19pm On May 06, 2023
Good to know that MCU's profiting is back on track with Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3. No back to back flopping over here. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ositadima1(m): 8:38pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Na Lea Seydoux be this abi eyes dey pain me?? ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿค”

Elliot Page
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 8:42pm On May 06, 2023
darkelf:
omo
saw guardians of the galaxy in cinemas today
it was lit
8/10 pushing on 9/10
drop spoilers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2023
ositadima1:

Elliot Page

Thank God.... Cos I know say that face familiar.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 8:52pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:
who dey watch mammy water film?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:56pm On May 06, 2023
2023 has still got a lot more to give. Can't even believe my fuckรฎng wait list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2023
SOZINN:
2023 has still got a lot more to give. Can't even believe my fuckรฎng wait list.

Premium blockbusters this summer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: JackBizzle and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.