Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754455 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:08am On May 06, 2023
teeshet:
I'm sorry. What's the animation all about? I grew seeing Mario hop and crush creeping objects I know nothing of.
no idea
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:09am On May 06, 2023
teeshet:
I hear Korean, I hear Chinese but I've never heard or seen a Japanese movie. Do they make movies at all.
I've seen a few japanese movies...
Not a fan of their lives action movies...

I prefer their anime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 3:47am On May 06, 2023
John Wick: Chapter 4 4K and Blu-ray Release Date, Special Features

May 23rd and June 135h

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:29am On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Well, Sing 2 disappoint small sha but I still rate am pass Encanto. I go rerun the playlist back make I confirm some things. No be like say Encanto no get songs oo, I just feel say them just dey "decent".

I'm with you on this. Encanto songs are just there. None stood out for me. I don't remember any anymore. But I still have Sing 2 tracks on my phone till now even though Sing 1 was the better animation in everything including songs.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:56am On May 06, 2023
teeshet:
Test

No cheating

1. Who is a Jedi? A Jedi is a person (alien or human) who is a member of the Jedi order. They are dedicated individuals who have mental powers, and they use those powers for the benefit of mankind and to serve as keepers of the peace in the republic.

2. Who is Darth Vader's mentor? Darth Vader's mentor is Darth Sidious.

3. Name four planets in the empire? Tatooine. Dandooine. Coruscant. Alderaan.

4. Name the Jedi with the gift of telekinesis? All Jedi have the gift or better still, power of telekinesis. Though some Jedi do have specific set of powers like Vox Quilan who have the power of psychometry and Anakin Skywalker who have the power of premonition etc.

5. What are the robots called?
C3PO, R2D2, R4.

😁😁😁

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:46am On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
CBM range>>>>> James Gunn is such flex.

The man range wide gon.... That's why I'm so sure he's gonna cook as DC's head.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:54am On May 06, 2023
Avatar: The Way of Water......8.5/10

Premium piece of entertainment. I never expected much from it and delayed watching it thinking it's just about CGI and vibes. But man, was I proven wrong.
The storytelling is better than the original, the pacing is superb, better layers of personality and character development and exquisite world building. The stakes here was higher. And the Cinematography and VFX is superb!!
Overall, it's a very good movie....washes off the reputation of the first movie being known only for groundbreaking CGI, all style and no substance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:18am On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
Renfield 2023

I'm the prince of Wallachia
!

This is probably the most funniest flick i have seen this year. Absolutely bonkers, delightful gore, extremely well choreographed fight scenes and ridiculously funny to a fault.

Nicolas Hoult is an arch-type satirical aficionado and he doesn't pass up the opportunity to be as pale as a Ghost, from Warm Bodies, to Mad Max:Fury Road to this. He plays the titular character, as a life long servant of the Impaler, looking to find his humanity and end his servitude. Nicolas Cage was perfect as "Dracula", a glorious casting, man has finally paid off his[i] debts[/i] and he's allowed comfy roles like this.

A satire giving but still maintained the common trope in Vampire lore like "they have to be invited in" in the tiniest but unmissable detail, the dialogues were good, perfectly weighted, cynical when they needed to be and serious and morally challenging when they needed to be also. Advertised as "Horror" but it's very comical and witty nature will enable the greatest hater of gore to stomach it and revel in this satirical paradise.

A total delight and an easy, easy recommendation.

B+.

Stop hyping trash. The movie is a C- at best.

It was a bit funny. But so many dry jokes. Akwafina is an average to poor actor. The movie was predictable. The internal logic was terrible. Cliche villain talking too much instead of instantly killing the good guys.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:21am On May 06, 2023
The Flash production designer believes the film will make audiences forget Ezra Miller's crimes and problematic behavior. 👀

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:56am On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

The man range wide gon.... That's why I'm so sure he's gonna cook as DC's head.
Iswear. I mean, this man is handling "Superman: Legacy", i couldn't be more pleased.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2023
NaijaMemes:

It was a bit funny. But so many dry jokes. Akwafina is an average to poor actor. The movie was predictable. The internal logic was terrible. Cliche villain talking too much instead of instantly killing the good guys.
grin grin
Morning Vawulence
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:01am On May 06, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Calm your tits. The movie ticked all the boxes of what i was expecting, seeing it. Far better than the other trash i have had to sieve through this year alone. If you went in expecting some oscar best picture level flick, then that's on you.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2023
Audiences have spoken.... Already tracking for a $120mn opening weekend. cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2023
Wow.... HBOMax has already turned a profit!! 🤯🤯

Oyaskii remember few months ago when we were discussing profitability of the streaming services. Damn, Big Zas has done wonders. I knew the platform was heading to profitability with its low losses ( around $250mn) then in comparison to rivals. Now in just a quarter, man has turned it around.
Zas is a magician. You can love him or hate him, man knows his ambitious and goes for it. 😯😲

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:21pm On May 06, 2023
As far as this treacherous, vile and manipulative liar is still in Aquaman 2, I ain't going to the cinema to watch the movie. sorry Jason mamoa.

Also any Pirates of the Caribbean movie without JD, I ain't watching it, we should all boycott it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:23pm On May 06, 2023
So many strange things happening in Hollywood behind closed curtains. 😂😂

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:25pm On May 06, 2023
☺️☺️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2023
Octopusssy:

Ogbeni, what tha actual fück? This is the movies thread, not the fūcking series thread. Please post your shît in the right section!!

What the fück!!!!!!
He knows, dude is doing that intentionally. ☺️
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jeon(f): 1:35pm On May 06, 2023
Project wolf 🐺 hunting.
kill Boksoon.
Unlocked.
Bargaining /The point men.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:05pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:
Wow.... HBOMax has already turned a profit!! 🤯🤯

Oyaskii remember few months ago when we were discussing profitability of the streaming services. Damn, Big Zas has done wonders. I knew the platform was heading to profitability with its low losses ( around $250mn) then in comparison to rivals. Now in just a quarter, man has turned it around.
Zas is a magician. You can love him or hate him, man knows his ambitious and goes for it. 😯😲
Wow...lol, maybe i was too quick to bash their upcoming merger. They might be cooking something tantalizing 🍽️
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:07pm On May 06, 2023
BREAKING: A new report claims Amber Heard has left Hollywood behind for a quieter life in Spain with her daughter.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
As far as this treacherous, vile and manipulative liar is still in Aquaman 2, I ain't going to the cinema to watch the movie. sorry Jason mamoa.

Also any Pirates of the Caribbean movie without JD, I ain't watching it, we should all boycott it.
The filming for "Aquaman 2" ended around December 2021/January 2022. The Heard Vs Depp trial was from April 2022 to June 2022. So the film clearly preceded the trial in which she was found guilty. So what should DC had done? cancel a movie they had used millions for film? digitally removing her scenes, mind you, she's one of the main cast and this would not only cost money, it would mean the entire script had to be rewritten. So what exactly would you have suggested to happen?

Pirate of the Caribbean 6 doesn't even have any life yet not to talk of Depp been dropped has the previous one didn't fair well critically.

Let me crave your indulgence, are you going to see "The Flash" movie?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:49pm On May 06, 2023
SOZINN:
BREAKING: A new report claims Amber Heard has left Hollywood behind for a quieter life in Spain with her daughter.
She's on exile I guess, 😂 her career is dead already.
I can't believe that this is the same girl I had a crush on since 2010. I never knew she will turn out to be terrible.
😐

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 2:56pm On May 06, 2023
Killer Bean Forever.

Well it's kinda better than Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania. 😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:53pm On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
Wow...lol, maybe i was too quick to bash their upcoming merger. They might be cooking something tantalizing 🍽️

I didn't expect it to be profitable this soon. I was expecting 2024 actually. Zaslav is saying they might be profitable for the year 2023 sef... That's beating it's own internal projections by a year.
It's impressive, although the main driver of this profit is due to the cancellation of TV shows deemed inefficient and surplus to requirements, reduced payments for residuals, and reduced spending in too much content. Content spend is now way more focused, organised and result oriented.
That Max name change though, HBO execs as well as Warner staff has been refering to their streaming platform as "Max" internally for some time. It's just not in the media.

Let's wait and see how the upcoming quarters fare sha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:23pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

I didn't expect it to be profitable this soon. I was expecting 2024 actually. Zaslav is saying they might be profitable for the year 2023 sef... That's beating it's own internal projections by a year.
It's impressive, although the main driver of this profit is due to the cancellation of TV shows deemed inefficient and surplus to requirements, reduced payments for residuals, and reduced spending in too much content. Content spend is now way more focused, organised and result oriented.
That Max name change though, HBO execs as well as Warner staff has been refering to their streaming platform as "Max" internally for some time. It's just not in the media.

Let's wait and see how the upcoming quarters fare sha.
This reminds me of the Axe of Zaslav era and how he was getting dragged that period. Las las, baba knew what he was doing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:51pm On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
The filming for "Aquaman 2" ended around December 2021/January 2022. The Heard Vs Depp trial was from April 2022 to June 2022. So the film clearly preceded the trial in which she was found guilty. So what should DC had done? cancel a movie they had used millions for film? digitally removing her scenes, mind you, she's one of the main cast and this would not only cost money, it would mean the entire script had to be rewritten. So what exactly would you have suggested to happen?

Pirate of the Caribbean 6 doesn't even have any life yet not to talk of Depp been dropped has the previous one didn't fair well critically.

Let me crave your indulgence, are you going to see "The Flash" movie?
That's Warner Bros/DC loss, it ain't my business. with the immense hatred JD fans have for Amber turd, the movie might flop and be a box office bomb. for me particularly, I ain't watching the movie, even if I eventually change my mind, it will be because of Jason.

To your question, I don't know what "The flash" have to do with "Aquaman". 🤔

And Yes, I will see "The Flash" movie because I've been anticipating for DC/WB to release it for years now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
That's Warner Bros/DC loss, it ain't my business. with the immense hatred JD fans have for Amber turd, the movie might flop and be a box office bomb. for me particularly, I ain't watching the movie, even if I eventually change my mind, it will be because of Jason.

To your question, I don't know what "The flash" have to do with "Aquaman". 🤔

And Yes, I will see "The Flash" movie because I've been anticipating for DC/WB to release it for years now.
But Ezra Miller get criminal cases, yet you still dey anticipate The Flash?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2023
Kaycee7:
But Ezra Miller get criminal cases, yet you still dey anticipate The Flash?
That one no concern me, It's Amber turd that I despise not Ezra Miller. 😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:35pm On May 06, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:

Lol, leave Amber out of this, all her scenes in the sequel have been cut down to a few minutes. Early reports already said the flick is a fuckîng dumpster fire. Pirates of the Caribbean is dead for good. The fans want Johnny but he's not coming back, they tried to cast Margot Robbie but man, even Disney can't take that much hate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: mindsta(m), Illusioneffect(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.