Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,419 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773914 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
If you love Minority Report above...

You should definitely check out this anime...Psycho Pass...I can recommend the first 2 seasons

The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's potential to commit crimes.

Based on how high their numbers are (potential for crimes), the appropriate punishment is given out...
Not just murder but any crime at all...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
The Marketing team of Barbie are really fantastic...

The ads are crazy...back in January no one cared, many predicted a flop...
Few months ago, it became the most hyped movie in the world...

And the fact that they used trailers that cleverly hid what they knew the audience might have issues with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Saturnalia(m): 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
Douglad:
As a neutral observer who dislikes Superhero movies and only manage to watch some of them when I'm deeply bored with nothing to do, I really don't see how you can compare DC's cgi to marvel.

The cgi for Batman v Superman looks like it was done by interns for God's sake. Then talk about Justice League 😂😂

Marvel used to quite good but recently their cgi has also become bad. However their legacy gives them the edge over DCEU that has never done anything good except Aquaman.

Same here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
majesticguy:

Don't get me wrong, i am not saying the movie was bad, I enjoyed it to some extent, just saying considering the fact that the flash isn't new, as in we've got a series and few DC animations about it, i expected way more.

WOW! Then I might be missing something.
If the can of tomato was just to exenorate the Dad then what saved the mum or what prevented the mum from dying?? What prevented the reverse flash from killing her? Because we all saw from the movie that after he placed the can of tomato in his mum shopping cart she lived on and never died. So care to throw more light?

She didn't live on, that's why he was crying like that in that scene cos he knew that would be the last time he'd see her...she died cos she forgot the can of tomatoes and the dad was framed when he went out to go get it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I don't like what I'm hearing about Barbie movie at all

Everyone says it's started well then dissolved into wokeness... something well hidden from the trailer...
They marketed it as a simple fun movie...made sure to hide all forms of wokeness in the trailers

Apparently it starts out in Barbieland where women rule and men are subservient.
Then Ken travels to the real world and the real world is portrayed with major patriarchy issues. Men walking on the street slapping women's bûtts and all.

Ken brings this patriarchy to Barbieland and revolt and take over Barbieland with other men. The women have to fight back and regain control.

Now here is where it gets worse...

Barbie apparently refuses equal rights with men in Barbieland...
She says that the men in Barbieland will only be given equal rights when the women in the real world have equal rights

Omo... shocked
How did they hide these all from the trailers?
They said the word "Patriarchy" is mentioned so many times in the movie...wtf

For someone that has been seeing movies for a long time you're always quick to look for what "others said" before you even see said movie

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
PurpLChi:

For someone that has been seeing movies for a long time you're always quick to look for what "others said" before you even see said movie
I didn't even look for it initially...
I saw one review randomly on my timeline...
Then looked it up...found similar

I'm not 100 percent judging...I form my own opinion...doesn't mean I should ignore warning bells

I've said it many times that I don't like watching crap...I won't 100% judge a movie I haven't seen...
But I won't ignore warning signs too when I see some

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I didn't even look for it initially...
I saw one review randomly on my timeline...
Then looked it up...found similar

I'm not 100 percent judging...I form my own opinion...doesn't mean I should ignore warning bells

I've said it many times that I don't like watching crap...I won't 100% judge a movie I haven't seen...
But I won't ignore warning signs too when I see some
You clearly haven't been interested in it for while now, and even as far as predicting it will bomb and yet, You have had 5 posts or so on it today alone. So either you are very interested in seeing it ( which will contradict your earlier stand) or you just want to rant for the hell of it, just to elicit some sort of reaction. Either way, it's time to let it go.

PS: Don't even bother seeing the movie cuz from your all posts today, it seems you have already formed a clear opinion about it.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Broskyjames:
You clearly haven't been interested in it for while now, and even as far as predicting it will bomb and yet, You have had 5 posts or so on it today alone. So either you are very interested in seeing it ( which will contradict your earlier stand) or you just want to rant for the hell of it, just to elicit some sort of reaction. Either way, it's time to let it go.

PS: Don't even bother seeing the movie cuz from your all posts today, it seems you have already formed a clear opinion about it.
That's the one right there. His hobby is ranting from a place of ignorance.

He's not letting it go sha. Critical Drinker hasn't even dropped his Barbie review yet. Just be ready to ignore his future rants.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2023
Kaycee7:
That's the one right there. His hobby is ranting.
He's not letting it go sha. Critical Drinker hasn't even dropped his Barbie review yet. Just be ready to ignore his future rants.
What's your point exactly😒?
What's wrong with the critical Drinker. I just watched Barbie and it's just a good film- not the best in any way. If the Critical Drinker says anything about the Feminist messaging, then he's totally and unequivocally right

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
PurpLChi:

I have watched the movie and he's totally right😒. In the theatre I went to, there's an inscription 'Barbie is everything, Ken is just Ken' 😏
Barbie has always been a feminist figure- she's even the most popular feminist ever; but nowadays it looks like feminism is all about suppressing masculinity and all about girls being powerful and strong without the hardwork and growth- the movie was colourful; Gosling was funny, not all the jokes hit- cinematography was excellent but it was a normal movie😒 and not worth the Hype
7/10

Can't wait to watch Oppenheimer on Sunday ✊

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ballzproblem2: 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
abduleez1:

LMFAO, this one na premium cap!!! You ain't a DC fan.

Anyone who watches the CBM space closely knows DC beats out Marvel when it comes to CGI
and costumes. It's only the recent DC movies that you can say DC has fared poorly which MCU movies has suffered the same as well.
lol na today I started following DC, Right from my secondary school justice league unlimited animation,guy DC graphics ain't good like that
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
They cloned Tyrone.

Solid movie entertaining with some nice messages about " the man ".

Jamie fox, John boyega and the chicken who acted as yo yo killed this movie.

Jamie made me laugh alot.

Also loved the fact that we didn't get to see Tyrone till the very end and it still made sense.

This is going to make raves

Modified teyonah Paris is the actresses name. She's also the one who plays Monica rambeau in the MCU. No wonder she looked familiar

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:43am On Jul 22, 2023
MJBOLT:
DC has been consistent yet Marvel movies have been nominated 17 times at the Oscars for best visual effects compared to DC 5 grin

MCU movies alone have 10 wins and 53 nominations at the visual effects society awards compared to DCEU 8 nominations and 0 wins grin make I no even check Marvel movies outside of the MCU.

Let me continue from where I stopped grin
MCU movies
Iron Man 1 & 2,CA:First Avenger,The Avengers,Thor DW,CA:Winter Soldier,GOTG V1 & 2,Age Of Ultron,Dr Strange, Black Panther, Endgame,FFH,NWH,Multiverse of Madness,Shang Chi have all gotten nominated for best visual effects at the Saturn Awards.

Outside of the MCU
X men 1,2 & 3, Spiderman 1,2 & 3,Hulk have gotten nominations at the Saturn awards for best visual effects

Marvel movies have won 4 Saturn awards for best visual effects compared to DC 2 awards grin.

Critics Choice Awards
Marvel have 9 nominations and 2 wins for best visual effects while DC have just 4 nominations and 0 wins grin

You can't make this shit up, premium ass whooping grin

You win the internet for today.... Now show me the major awards. grin grin

The Cinematography, Best Director, Best Score etc. Pop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:54am On Jul 22, 2023
SOZINN:

Throwing tantrums before even claiming the victory is such an "abduleez" thing to do. Remember that the Little Mermaid cost $250 million to make. Even if you were to disregard its estimated $140 million marketing budget and multiply the production budget by 2.5 or 3, you would still have a break-even point of $625 million or $750 million. Depending on how they negotiate, the little mermaid must reach $780–$800 million in order to turn a profit. It will never be successful because of this.

Disney is the only company capable of the level of sheer stupidity displayed by spending an estimated $390–400 million on a woke remake when a sizable portion of box office contributors are conservatives or leaning in that direction. Anyone who is familiar with the figures utilized in the production of this film is aware that it is a poor business decision. If they don't spend reasonably on that new off white and the seven diversity hires they are making, the same thing will happen to them once more.

Calm your tits bruh... I'm quite aware it would need $750mn to get into profit territory and around over $600mn break even point.

The point is, y'all said it would flop. Instead, this ain't a flop if it gets into $600mn worldwide.
It's more or less a disappointment and nothing close to an outright flop.

And trust me, if that film earns a little above $600mn at the box office, it's definitely turning a profit with the secondary market with digital, DVD sales, syndication and merchandise.
This is the way Hollywood theatrical release makes their money and not wholly on Box office.
It just needs to break even or get very close to at the box office now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:04am On Jul 22, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

I have watched the movie and he's totally right😒. In the theatre I went to, there's an inscription 'Barbie is everything, Ken is just Ken' 😏
Barbie has always been a feminist figure- she's even the most popular feminist ever; but nowadays it looks like feminism is all about suppressing masculinity and all about girls being powerful and strong without the hardwork and growth- the movie was colourful; Gosling was funny, not all the jokes hit- cinematography was excellent but it was a normal movie😒 and not worth the Hype
7/10

don't waste your time on that Kaycee7, purpl and abduleez1 clique...

All they do is àsslick each other on this thread everyday...
They lack every sense of rational or individual thinking

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jikins(m): 3:58am On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

You win the internet for today.... Now show me the major awards. grin grin

The Cinematography, Best Director, Best Score etc. Pop

Nah nah nah. This na premium goal shifting grin. What brought about this discussion was you stating everyone knows DC has better CGI than Marvel. But as MJBOLT don do the Lords work of exposing cap wherever it appears grin. Next na to pivot. But I understand sha we gats find ways save face when handed an L. At least you sha took the L unlike certain people in this thread.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:31am On Jul 22, 2023
armadeo:
They cloned Tyrone.

Solid movie entertaining with some nice messages about " the man ".

Jamie fox, John boyega and the chicken who acted as yo yo killed this movie.

Jamie made me laugh alot.

Also loved the fact that we didn't get to see Tyrone till the very end and it still made sense.

This is going to make raves

Modified teyonah Paris is the actresses name. She's also the one who plays Monica rambeau in the MCU. No wonder she looked familiar
Where did you download it from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:40am On Jul 22, 2023
I'm following armadeo, which is why I was able to see his comment about They Cloned Tyrone. I had skipped the entire page that had his comment because of all the endless derailing talk.

Enough already!! You people are making this thread cumbersome to follow. Endless arguments about CGI and box office earnings and what not. Fewer and fewer people are commenting on the thread because getting a recommendation has become difficult. ENOUGH ALREADY!

What the actual fvck. Read the title of the thread and stick to it. What is it sef.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 6:23am On Jul 22, 2023
Ishilove:
I'm following armadeo, which is why I was able to see his comment about They Cloned Tyrone. I had skipped the entire page that had his comment because of all the endless derailing talk.

Enough already!! You people are making this thread cumbersome to follow. Endless arguments about CGI and box office earnings and what not. Fewer and fewer people are commenting on the thread because getting a recommendation has become difficult. ENOUGH ALREADY!

What the actual fvck. Read the title of the thread and stick to it. What is it sef.

Kindly keep quiet.

Of all people to complain, it shouldn't be you because you only benefit from this thread in a parasitic way.

You come here to learn which movies to download and then copy-and-paste nonsense reviews.

How many movies do you even review here in a month?

When have you dissected a movie deeply on this thread?

I too do not like the excessive box office arguments. It is getting too much. If it were a normal amount, I wouldn't mind. The difference between us is that I can contribute to the box office argument and you can't out of ignorance. Nonetheless, your hypocrisy is noted.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:00am On Jul 22, 2023
jikins:

Nah nah nah. This na premium goal shifting grin. What brought about this discussion was you stating everyone knows DC has better CGI than Marvel. But as MJBOLT don do the Lords work of exposing cap wherever it appears grin. Next na to pivot. But I understand sha we gats find ways save face when handed an L. At least you sha took the L unlike certain people in this thread.

grin grin grin
Nobody is above handed an L in this thread. Even the best of us collect solid Letters on occasion.
The day dem dash you, just smile and say cheese!! 😂

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2023
Transformers: Rise of The Beast......6/10

Nice enjoyable action movie. I don't get the issue some have with it. It's a fun and enjoyable movie and delivered majority of the deliverables. Acting, writing and dialogue— not so much.
The CGI was good, the reused trope in the franchise wasn't refreshing, but it was watchable. The action was good and fight scenes was good.

It ain't a movie to blow your mind but it does it's best not to take itself too seriously.
All nice and enough to earn it a decent rating.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:09am On Jul 22, 2023
5 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2023
Born2Freak:

Kindly keep quiet.

Of all people to complain, it shouldn't be you because you only benefit from this thread in a parasitic way.

You come here to learn which movies to download and then copy-and-paste nonsense reviews.

How many movies do you even review here in a month?

When have you dissected a movie deeply on this thread?

I too do not like the excessive box office arguments. It is getting too much. If it were a normal amount, I wouldn't mind. The difference between us is that I can contribute to the box office argument and you can't out of ignorance. Nonetheless, your hypocrisy is noted.
You are crazy. What is the title of this thread? You are very very mad. Are they dissecting movies here or discussing other things that have no relevance to the topic of the thread?? I say you are mad and na trailer go disfigure you. You are a bastard. May the plagues of Egypt strike you dead

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2023
Ishilove:

You are crazy. What is the title of this thread? You are very very mad. Are they dissecting movies here or discussing other things that have no relevance to the topic of the thread?? I say you are mad and na trailer go disfigure you. You are a bastard. May the plagues of Egypt strike you dead

Kindly keep quiet. I'm not interested in hearing the nonsense from your prolapsed butthole.

Kindly save your rant for your army of old men simps.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2023
Born2Freak:

Kindly keep quiet. I'm not interested in hearing the nonsense from your prolapsed butthole.

Kindly save your rant for your army of old men simps.
Says the psychologically unhinged imbecilé with a thousand monikers. You are a bastard. Swerve and stop quoting me. I've said my piece so you can crawl back to the slime pit you hibernate it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2023
nani667:
5 / 10
'Born again stripper'? 😐😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

7/10

You think I don't know it's you Baddestguyp😒

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:
Transformers: Rise of The Beast......6/10

Nice enjoyable action movie. I don't get the issue some have with it. It's a fun and enjoyable movie and delivered majority of the deliverables. Acting, writing and dialogue— not so much.
The CGI was good, the reused trope in the franchise wasn't refreshing, but it was watchable. The action was good and fight scenes was good.

It ain't a movie to blow your mind but it does it's best not to take itself too seriously.
All nice and enough to earn it a decent rating.

This one is their below the Micheal Bay transformers for me and those ones are 6-7 over 10 for me already.
Transformer movies are known for their dope OST but I wasn't feeling it in this one except from the parts they copied from old transformer movies and I'm a huge fan of hipop.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 10:17am On Jul 22, 2023
PurpLChi:

On his Behalf.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2023
MetroLane:

On his Behalf.

The lengths grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:23am On Jul 22, 2023
PurpLChi:

I have 3 accounts on Nairaland:

Baddestguyp
Itspreshh
Erenjp

All created cos of Anti-spam bot

I don't need to create a 4th account for the likes of you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2023
MetroLane:

On his Behalf.
believe what you want to

I just checked his posts...maybe if you did same, you would see how contradictory to mine it is

(1) (2) (3) ... (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: NerdSciBot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.