Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,741 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733780 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

WB are trying to make their stupid Warnering decisions again.

Pushing Dune 2 to 2024 because of strike and co is dumb. It literally has just the Marvels to contend with in November and it looks the better also coming from a strongly accepted original.

Then there's the more stupid decision of moving Aquaman 2 from December. That film literally has the best date of almost all movies this year. No blockbuster competition asides some genre movies which are mainly WB movies themselves.
At this point, they should just release Aquaman 2 even if audience reaction is negative, the reshoots(if the rumours about them is true)is getting too much.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
Man on fire 2004
Denzel knows this acting thing🔥🔥🔥

Who cloned Tyrone?
I didn't expect to enjoy this movie the way I did but damn grin grin I loved it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

Pushing Dune 2 to 2024 because of strike and co is dumb. It literally has just the Marvels to contend with in November and it looks the better also coming from a strongly accepted original.

Then there's the more stupid decision of moving Aquaman 2 from December. That film literally has the best date of almost all movies this year. No blockbuster competition asides some genre movies which are mainly WB movies themselves.

The pain will never end bruh...it's a curse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:
Finally WB about to enter top 5 for the first time this year after being in financial purgatory... grin

By Monday, top 5 pushing out Lionsgate.

WB loosing millions of dollars with The Flash

WB getting the biggest opening weekend of the year with Barbie

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
BlackManta:

Incredible comeback there by Warner B. at the 58th minute. Nobody saw that counter attack coming grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
10thDentist:
He did WHAT!😂
Ded grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The decision to not push back Mission Impossible feels dûmber everyday

It's been completely overshadowed by two giants...
Bro what is also surprising is Sound of Freedom is trashing Mission Impossible domestically🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ and the mission impossible movie is actually good, talk about bad timing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
10thDentist:
He did WHAT!😂
Critical Drinker has dropped his too 😂😂😂

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

I thought Wonka is coming out in December
Scratch that, Forgot it's a WB movie 😂, you're right sha, the only movies coming out December is the colour purple ( which will definitely not make bank) and migration

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Bro what is also surprising is Sound of Freedom is trashing Mission Impossible domestically🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ and the mission impossible movie is actually good, talk about bad timing
it has to be a pride thing, that's why they stuck to the release date

That Sound of Freedom sef...no one expected it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:
Alright. Fair enough.

Failure can never be attributed to wokeness. If it could, there'd be no successful woke movies like Little Women, Enola Holmes or Call Me by Your Name and woke series like The Sandman and Wednesday.

The anti-woke crowd just jumps on badly written movies and claims it failed because of woke agenda. That's like claiming Black Adam flopped because it was pushing toxic masculinity agenda.

Perhaps you're right, and I'll reconsider some of the woke movies I've previously skipped. However, if you approach it from a financial perspective, you'll see why I take wokeness into account when estimating box office revenue for high-budget woke remakes. A glaring example that supports the thesis is China's decision to forgo financial support for The Little Mermaid due to political reasons, as they have with a few other woke remakes. As is well known, China is a significant source of revenue for the global box office.

The average box office revenue of comic book movies today demonstrates their influence. The Little Mermaid is now left to make due with the remaining contributors, some of whom will still decline to partake due to politics. It only makes sense to play all of your cards when entering the market with a total budget of $350 million or more to increase your chances of earning a profit at the box office.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
At this point, they should just release Aquaman 2 even if audience reaction is negative, the reshoots(if the rumours about them is true)is getting too much.

That's the thing, just release it nonetheless. It's not going to do as bad as the Flash since it has holidays to bank on and literally no big competition that month except for weaker holdovers from Dune 2 and The Marvels.

News I heard two days ago is that the movie has undergone another reshoot after Gunn and Safran weighed into the movie. So, the cut will be a little different from initial screenings.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
SOZINN:

Perhaps you're right, and I'll reconsider some of the woke movies I've previously skipped. However, if you approach it from a financial perspective, you'll see why I take wokeness into account when estimating box office revenue for high-budget woke remakes. A glaring example that supports the thesis is China's decision to forgo financial support for The Little Mermaid due to political reasons, as they have with a few other woke remakes. As is well known, China is a significant source of revenue for the global box office.

The average box office revenue of comic book movies today demonstrates their influence. The Little Mermaid is now left to make due with the remaining contributors, some of whom will still decline to partake due to politics. It only makes sense to play all of your cards when entering the market with a total budget of $350 million or more to increase your chances of earning a profit at the box office.

I don't really think The Little Mermaid would have appealed to China woke or not.
Barbie is premium flopping over there also, but the Pink Doll Princess doesn't need the Middle Kingdom's money. 🌚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
SOZINN:

China has also disallowed movies that were not woke from being shown at all in the country so can't also attribute that to wokeness. Cultural differences will always clash in filmmaking. Studios will always pander to the home market first. Chinese films pander to the Chinese first. Can't expect American films to not be created with an American audience in mind first.

One of the first major things creators are taught is to create for a singular audience or a single person cos if you try to create a story for everyone, you usually end up creating a story for no one.

The Chinese will never like all Hollywood movies and there's really nothing Hollywood can do about that. They can't really be expected to change themselves for China
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:
Alright. Fair enough.

Failure can never be attributed to wokeness. If it could, there'd be no successful woke movies like Little Women, Enola Holmes or Call Me by Your Name and woke series like The Sandman and Wednesday.

The anti-woke crowd just jumps on badly written movies and claims it failed because of woke agenda. That's like claiming Black Adam flopped because it was pushing toxic masculinity agenda.

And this is why I show support for some of these movies like The Little Mermaid. It's not as if I love it or I'm invested in it but it's the crowd that seem to slap WOKE on anything they feel is woke agenda, especially ones empowering women or pushing diversity real hard.

Look at how HOTD handled it well. How many people are shouting WOKE and all that nonsense with the Velaryons being Black?? If woke shït is so good, they hardly have little to nothing to rant about especially when it's HBO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
BlackManta:

I always told them about this comeback story but they thought I was joking. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

And this is why I show support for some of these movies like The Little Mermaid. It's not as if I love it or I'm invested in it but it's the crowd that seem to slap WOKE on anything they feel is woke agenda, especially ones empowering women or pushing diversity real hard.

Look at how HOTD handled it well. How many people are shouting WOKE and all that nonsense with the Velaryons being Black?? If woke shït is so good, they hardly have little to nothing to rant about especially when it's HBO.
They left HotD and went to attack Rings of Power.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

The pain will never end bruh...it's a curse.

They considered pushing Blue Beetle too but changed their decision.
Prolly why they ain't ramping up marketing in North America because they don't feel confident after the inability of stars unable to promote films.

I'm seeing a few marketing in South / Central America tho, with a Blue Beetle event in Puerto Rico.

Sure trust the Latinos, they'd definitely support their own and I'm expecting something big from Brazil and Mexico especially.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:
They left HotD and went to attack Rings of Power.

Yes!!
Funny how I forgot to include when it was the show I was thinking about, especially that their annoying "No Black Elves" or "Black Harfoots" forgetting Harfoots have dark skinned tribes in the books. grin

The anti WOKE mob just pick and choose which project to attack and they go for easy pickings.

I remember when they tried that shït with The Last of Us. How that shït ended in two weeks. 😂😂😂
The common denominator thats almost ALWAYS constant in projects that suffer anti WOKE pushback are the ones with weak writing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

I always told them about this comeback story but they thought I was joking. grin grin

I hope they don't push Dune and Aquaman to 2024.

Whoever came up with that idea should be flogged.

With or without SAG strike, Dune is going to be very profitable.

They have an opportunity to recoup all the money they lost this year and get some additional profits.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

Yes!!
Funny how I forgot to include when it was the show I was thinking about, especially that their annoying "No Black Elves" or "Black Harfoots" forgetting Harfoots have dark skinned tribes in the books. grin

The anti WOKE mob just pick and choose which project to attack and they go for easy pickings.

I remember when they tried that shït with The Last of Us. How that shït ended in two weeks. 😂😂😂
The common denominator thats almost ALWAYS constant in projects that suffer anti WOKE pushback are the ones with weak writing.
Wednesday was the final straw for me. Weak male cast paired with a strong female cast. Wednesday literally had lines where she'd antagonize the patriarchy or tell the guys not to mansplain to her.

Nobody said PIM! Na there I know say all na wash. Na just for the hustle and grift.

Went through ghostwriting platforms. Nobody was posting for a Wednesday bashing script. Yet when She-Hulk was airing, there was at least 3 posts every week for a She-Hulk bashing script.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

They considered pushing Blue Beetle too but changed their decision.
Prolly why they ain't ramping up marketing in North America because they don't feel confident after the inability of stars unable to promote films.

I'm seeing a few marketing in South / Central America tho, with a Blue Beetle event in Puerto Rico.

Sure trust the Latinos, they'd definitely support their own and I'm expecting something big from Brazil and Mexico especially.

That Aquaman December slate was perfect bruh but I guess the reshoots would need more time to fix into the general story and all.

They should just release Blue beetle and keep their fingers crossed, me and my household will see it in cinemas and support the Latino community's B.O. with our measly naira.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

That Aquaman December slate was perfect bruh but I guess the reshoots would need more time to fix into the general story and all.

They should just release Blue beetle and keep their fingers crossed, me and my household will see it in cinemas and support the Latino community's B.O. with our measly naira.
Losing that December slot is a major hit to Aquaman. No other slot can give them that kind money.

And if they do early year release, January to March, the chances of flopping go bullish.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:
Wednesday was the final straw for me. Weak male cast paired with a strong female cast. Wednesday literally had lines where she'd antagonize the patriarchy or tell the guys not to mansplain to her.

Nobody said PIM! Na there I know say all na wash. Na just for the hustle and grift.

Lol, that Wednesday show and it's length it went into full scale feminism and wokeism... grin grin

I begin dey surprise how this show was thoroughly praised all through last year and many people close to me no let me hear word. I just dey share the show give ppl without watching not until last week.
All the males in that show were weirdly grossly incompetent. Women took the centre stage. I remember that mansplain episode.
But I still pretty much enjoyed it tho. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:
Losing that December slot is a major hit to Aquaman. No other slot can give them that kind money.

And if they do early year release, January to March, the chances of flopping go bullish.

Gbamsolutely!!!

I fit swear for anybody papa wey decide to move that movie from that spot.
Early next year na coffin dem dey buy.
It's no The Batman.

They can move Dune 2 and still be confident of making bank but AQ2 has no chance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Born2Freak:

What is this one saying?

You went to watch Barbie in the cinema and you are complaining about return-on-investment from spending money at the cinemas?

You went to watch a childish film and expected to be satisfied as an adult?

People like me watch only big budget or strong plot movies att the cinema. That way, you will enjoy at least 65 to 70 percent of the movies you pay to watch at the cinemas.

For instance, these are the movies I have enjoyed this year at the cinemas

-John Wick 4
-Across the spiderverse
-Fast and furious X
-Guardians of the Galaxy 3
-Creed 3
-Mario

That is a movie a month this year. And I am yet to see Mission Impossible and Oppenheimer. I also enjoyed the Transformers movie this year.

Bro, make movie choices wisely
My complaint didn't start today with Barbie so rest. It was only ATSV and GOTG3 i truly enjoyed from your list you put there , that i saw. Stayed away from John Wick 4 because i was already bored with Part 3, and seeing it on VOD, i was glad I didn't go see it, Fast and Furious X was medicore at best, Creed 3 was just there too and did i hear you say you enjoyed Transformers?? Then we are clearly on different paths with the way we view movies. You might think going to the movie is some show of class and a chance to foment those who don't go whilst i actually care about the art and i don't just bend over for any movie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:

Alright. So I think what I'm going to do is start you off with short series (13 episodes max) that are pretty newcomer-friendly and then we'll progress to 25 episode shows.
Also throw in a movie every now and then.

So start off with Violet Evergarden
My Gs Thanks and you too @Baddestguyp. 👍
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaycee7:

They should not even try and release it early next year unless the pains and losses never tire them.
Besides, there is still time for them to fix it back in December 😔
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
abduleez1:

My own problem is that, why they don't just sit with these people properly and end the strike. If the strike continues, it's only going to cause more problems as more projects will be pushed further causing major disruptions. The only movies going ahead now are those past post production, and 2024 slates will be heavily distorted.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
"They Cloned Tyrone" (2023).

A rare Netflix W.

Barbenheimer fever might have relegated this to the background but i was able to sieve through the noise and see this and boy it was a refreshing watch.

A "good black" movie is somewhat of a rarity these days, heck a good any movie is a rare find these days! but this was a very good black satirical sci fi that looked like something straight from the mind of Jordan Peele. Uncle SAM seemly wants to "erase" black folks through some diabolical sci fi means that creates the platform for values such as "black community togetherness" to shine through in the most funniest way possible.

John Boyega is the star of the show, with the vocab and the swagger of an American thug that you'd almost forget he's British (or Nigerian if you will) and special praise to Jamie Foxx, he was the comical relief and he nailed it to perfection. he's such a gem all rounder, ngl he was his presence that attracted me to the flick in the first place, so sad what has been happening to him health wise but I'm upbeat after seeing the video he shared today looking like himself again.

A fantastic watch, an expected gem when you actually pay for good writers and hire the best actors to deliver. Highly recommended.

8/10.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
oyaskii:
My complaint didn't start today with Barbie so rest. It was only ATSV and GOTG3 i truly enjoyed from your list you put there , that i saw. Stayed away from John Wick 4 because i was already bored with Part 3, and seeing it on VOD, i was glad I didn't go see it, Fast and Furious X was medicore at best, Creed 3 was just there too and did i hear you say you enjoyed Transformers?? Then we are clearly on different paths with the way we view movies. You might think going to the movie is some show of class and a chance to foment those who don't go whilst i actually care about the art and i don't just bend over for any movie.

The Transformers movie was just mindless fun. Same as Fast X- one watches it for the action set pieces and the big budget graphics. The plot is inconsequential.

Why would you say that I only watch movies to flex on other people?

Or are you the only one that understands the art of movies?

You that went to watch Barbie, you are now judging me on Tramsformers?

Lol....I cannot laugh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
oyaskii:
"They Cloned Tyrone" (2023).

A fantastic watch, an expected gem when you actually pay for good writers and hire the best actors to deliver. Highly recommended.

8/10.
Hollywood looking at this sub like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.