Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774626 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3632) (3633) (3634) (3635) (3636) (3637) (3638) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
Upcoming August releases from @fandango.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
This dropped on digital platforms today.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

This same ideology wasn't applied to someone some time ago.
Yea.....too bad for JD,it seems Hollywood has learned something from his highly publicized case,I mean Kevin Spacey is launching a comeback, that's something even if we all know he's guilty
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

Obviously Johnny Depp
oh.. Johnny Depp already lost libel case technically meaning he was guilty at the time before he was blacklisted unlike Jonathan Majors who has hasn't had his day in court trial so he's presumed not guilty till it is proven otherwise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
SOZINN:
They are still running this Insidious gimmick in 2023? The franchise is average at best.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
SOZINN:
Finally
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
They are still running this Insidious gimmick in 2023? The franchise is average at best.

Well, fans won't let the franchise flop so here we are.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
🎥 The King (2019) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2023
🎥 Sympathy For The Devil (2023) = 5.9/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
🎥 Hacksaw Ridge (2016) = 8/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
🎥 Insidious: The Red Door (2023) = 6/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

My head carry better luck,I for dey down now and it's not even the money that will pain me but how wrong I was. Yea,there were a lot of mechanics that really changed the gears for MI7 this time, paramount really gambled with this one but today's movie market is no longer predictable which is why I don't blame them,market analyst will say one thing, something else will happen and it's mostly due to the change in how we consume content especially in this shitty economy

WB are sure not letting her out of their sight now. I was scared for mostly her and not just her relationship with WB,as an A-lister like her,I'm sure she must have battled with the "imposter syndrome", doubting herself and we can blame the pandemic for WW1984 but with the heavy marketing of Birds of prey and was released pre lockdown, it still didn't break even. Oga,forget the bolded oooo,no be d movie industry again? It's a capitalist world and even the Barbie movie made fun of it, If you no make dem money,dem go discard you like yesterday's news and if you make mistake come tarnish your image join,dem no only discard you but blackball you join

Babylon will definitely have a cult following in the future,Chazelle knows how to write tortured artists with first man being an exception and that itself was a biopic

I'm not saying she ain't undroppable.... I'm saying she'd have to do an ultimate mega fvvk up to be ever kicked out at WB. She's that special to them, as WB has a few filmmakers who are essentially their personal brand and image.

Chris Nolan was once the posterboy of WB. Then there's James Wan who's moved over to BlumHouse (under Universal).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Who?

Ezra Miller was deemed guilty as charged last year with many journalists cooking tales by moonlight for headlines....
He was guilty despite his case not being in a law court at the time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

Yea.....too bad for JD,it seems Hollywood has learned something from his highly publicized case,I mean Kevin Spacey is launching a comeback, that's something even if we all know he's guilty

Not really Johnny Depp cos he had devoted fans and colleagues on his side the whole time.

I'm talking about Ezra Miller allegations last year leading to this year and other celebrities that have suffered same guilty prejudice as soon as they're labelled.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
The Saw Franchise is back with the main man himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PzUo4P21c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Ezra Miller was deemed guilty as charged last year with many journalists cooking tales by moonlight for headlines....
He was guilty despite his case not being in a law court at the time.
It was probably due to previous history of documented misdemeanors as far back as 2011 when he was filming for "Perks of being a wallflower". It was intense last year from Journos because his misdoings were happening more frequently and it involved some guilty verdict and restraining orders.

Looking back on "The Flash", i still insist it was not the perceived prejudice against him that made the movie fail so bad, it might be a small part reason but not the crust, infact i liked his performance and i believe i stated that in my review. In all honesty. There was the watery plot, the studio meddling, the seemingly inconsistent CGI, the general superhero cinephile fatigue no thanks to MCU spamming, the DCEU not actually pulling it's weight recently in terms of movie success, Zack Snyder "occultist" fans doing their own in one corner etc. This movie was "set up" to fail and i think a different controversy free actor playing Barry Allen would have ended up with the same likely outcome albeit maybe not as catastrophic as this.

What do you think? A different actor would have made a difference?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Not really Johnny Depp cos he had devoted fans and colleagues on his side the whole time.

I'm talking about Ezra Miller allegations last year leading to this year and other celebrities that have suffered same guilty prejudice as soon as they're labelled.
C'mon man,why now? Of all the people accused of bad behavior,they are the last person I will give my sympathy to.....infact,they deserve all the hate they are getting now and more. Moreover,there were videos to prove they are responsible for most of what they are accused of so "innocent until proven guilty" have no stance here and please I know mental problems are real but it's like that's now the cover up when most of these stars screw up

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
It was probably due to previous history of documented misdemeanors as far back as 2011 when he was filming for "Perks of being a wallflower". It was intense last year from Journos because his misdoings were happening more frequently and it involved some guilty verdict and restraining orders.

Looking back on "The Flash", i still insist it was not the perceived prejudice against him that made the movie fail so bad, it might be a small part reason but not the crust, infact i liked his performance and i believe i stated that in my review. In all honesty. There was the watery plot, the studio meddling, the seemingly inconsistent CGI, the general superhero cinephile fatigue no thanks to MCU spamming, the DCEU not actually pulling it's weight recently in terms of movie success, Zack Snyder "occultist" fans doing their own in one corner etc. This movie was "set up" to fail and i think a different controversy free actor playing Barry Allen would have ended up with the same likely outcome albeit maybe not as catastrophic as this.

We don't have to agree and I know it's impossible but two words "Grant Gustin"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

We don't have to agree and I know it's impossible but two words "Grant Gustin"
A Grant Gustin casting would also lead to the likely outcome. Tbh he's a C list actor at best, i doubt he has any significant project outside of that show. And PS tv show fame and acting is different from movies, just ask Tom Welling and Stephen Amell.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:

I'm not really bothered about Ezra Miller and have been clamouring for his removal a long time ago. I've never once enjoyed his portrayal as Barry with the goofy. Weirdly enough, I liked his portrayal in Flash. I know the circumstances of the movie and I've stated it here many times.

My issue is with the somewhat hypocritical take with Jonathan Majors and how hush many peeps seem with his. I'm not saying he's guilty and hope he sorts this out as I like him as an actor long before his MCU debut sef.
I'm just not seeing peeps make funny statements like cancel the whole TV show, or not release it at all just like many were suggesting with The Flash. And I find that annoying.
Cc Palehair

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
A Grant Gustin casting would also lead to the likely outcome. Tbh he's a C list actor at best, i doubt he has any significant project outside of that show. And PS tv show fame and acting is different from movies, just ask Tom Welling and Stephen Amell.

Not everyone breaks out to the big screen.
Even at that these two actors name you dropped ain't good enough to me.

Asides those DC shows they featured in, they've done fvvk all in the industry. Nothing, nada, zilch!!! Actors like that, I don't take them seriously.

I like to see and hear success stories like Millie Bobby Brown etc.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Not everyone breaks out to the big screen.
Even at that these two actors name you dropped ain't good enough to me.

Asides those DC shows they featured in, they've done fvvk all in the industry. Nothing, nada, zilch!!! Actors like that, I don't take them seriously.

I like to see and hear success stories like Millie Bobby Brown etc.
lol that's was my point. Both actors i mentioned have no other notable works outside of thier tv characters.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

I'm not really bothered about Ezra Miller and have been clamouring for his removal a long time ago. I've never once enjoyed his portrayal as Barry with the goofy. Weirdly enough, I liked his portrayal in Flash. I know the circumstances of the movie and I've stated it here many times.

My issue is with the somewhat hypocritical take with Jonathan Majors and how hush many peeps seem with his. I'm not saying he's guilty and hope he sorts this out as I like him as an actor long before his MCU debut sef.
I'm just not seeing peeps make funny statements like cancel the whole TV show, or not release it at all just like many were suggesting with The Flash. And I find that annoying.
Cc Palehair
Jonathan Majors has had a near perfect PR before the allegations hit, and when they did hit, they were plans to cancel him, There were small chatters that Disney might even consider recasting his character!. I did see vile tweets hurled at him, his saving grace somewhat was a strong rebuttal that came almost immediately as the allegations hit, and the rebuttal were legit, so people had to cool off the "cancelling", then more allegations hit, which actually requires a trial, but the previous legit rebuttal has bad people not so quick to judge this time around and let him have his day in court and see where it leads.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Oh my friend,you underestimate the power of Television,some stars got their start on tv series but we will never know now
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

Oh my friend,you underestimate the power of Television,some stars got their start on tv series but we will never know now
Keyword is some not all. Grant Gustin is not in the "some" area.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
lol that's was my point. Both actors i mentioned have no other notable works outside of thier tv characters.

Lol, I know. I just dey vex as I dey see two of them name.
All those type of actors dey annoy me. No versatility, no testing unknown waters. Nothing. Unless maybe acting for them is a second thought or a hobby, i no dey take people with those similar profile seriously at all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

All those CW actors.... Especially these ones being mentioned, my personal take is their careers are finished asides from the universe they are in.

They're getting old sef and there isn't any signs that they'd get a revival.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Cc Palehair
I'm not trying to justify Majors,he should be persecuted if he's found guilty but comparing the weight of their crimes is like comparing apples to oranges. Miller was just giving us drama back to back with no commercial breaks and to even add insult to injury,there were video evidences to prove how much of a pariah they were whereas Majors had evidences to prove his innocence..........Also,can you help with my internet settings because it's like you set your's to be positive to not see the hate Majors was getting after news of his arrest came out,bro was collecting from all angles,things even became worse when black people brought their own vitriol to the culture war after finding out the girl was white,I remember Dr Umar Johnson and his racist cult saying he's been "snowbunnied"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
abduleez1:

All those CW actors.... Especially these ones being mentioned, my personal take is their careers are finished asides from the universe they are in.

They're getting old sef and there isn't any signs that they'd get a revival.
grin cheesy grin cheesy,calm down na.....that was harsh and funny lol...............but so true. Did you see what one of them,Stephen Smell Ammell come out to say about the strike?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Keyword is some not all. Grant Gustin is not in the "some" area.
And "some" have been doing only movies forever,yet their names are not even an household name so we will never know
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
Person wey wan join in on the fun done enter wahala.... 😂😂

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palehair:

grin cheesy grin cheesy,calm down na.....that was harsh and funny lol...............but so true. Did you see what one of them,Stephen Smell Ammell come out to say about the strike?

Lol, I see am this morning na.... I no wan just talk. grin grin grin

Them don drag him blokos tire and dey bring receipts of him bad behaviour. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3632) (3633) (3634) (3635) (3636) (3637) (3638) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: armadeo(m), Hero2t, Hueyreckless0007, Eldeedon(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.