Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3786246 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3630) (3631) (3632) (3633) (3634) (3635) (3636) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zedegit: 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
pu7pl3:

They appeared to be evenly matched grin

Nah. John Cena lift am like small pikin wipe am better sense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2023
Joyland (2022).

Pakistani Cinema has my heart once again πŸ’š.

Bold, daring, emotional and heartbreaking best describes Saim Sadiq's debut feature. The movie has a firm grip on the subject matter with unshaken audacity to address a/a soon to be problem in a developing 3rd world nation. The movie tries to define a lady's place in a seemingly generational gap that is immersed in patriarchy and toxic masculinity, while streaming down a gripping plot, then the final 25 minutes takes a sharp turn into a really uncomfortable zone culminating in a gut wrenching final act.

The acting and directing was fantastic, and it's no surprise that it was Pakistan's entry at the Oscars last year for Best foreign language film.

"Joyland" is a total top shelf material 🌟...an absolute indie gemπŸ’Ž.

8/10.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 1:25am On Jul 31, 2023
SCREAM (2022) just caught my attention from the first scene as I started watching it. They really did a good job with the villain's introduction. I already know I'm going to enjoy myself, this is top-notch horror.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2023
SOZINN:
SCREAM (2022) just caught my attention from the first scene as I started watching it. They really did a good job with the villain's introduction. I already know I'm going to enjoy myself, this is top-notch horror.

Me sef wan watch am.
I've been postponing a long time cos I don't think I've watched anything in the series before.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2023
abduleez1:

Me sef wan watch am.
I've been postponing a long time cos I don't think I've watched anything in the series before.

Though not outstanding, the film is still good. I'd give it a score of 70% because I still feel like there are a few things missing. It can easily be included in the top ten slasher horror/mystery movies from the last five years. I've never seen anything from the SCREAM franchise too but I enjoyed this introduction and will definitely give the remaining films a chance, as well as some of the other gorgeous films from A24 Studios that I've missed. I'm on a midnight horror movie marathon, so I need to find some films that are worthwhile.

I think you might be interested in the article below: h t t p s :. / / r b . g y / y g s 9

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2023
pu7pl3:
Hidden strike
A movie that initially tried to take itself too seriously in the beginning and then said fvck it and went how we expected it to go.

I enjoyed the bloopers as always, Jackie is a living legend.
What do you think of the vex? It felt really really artificial and way too saturated to me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Clearly you haven’t seen Wonderwoman 1982
He hasn't seen green Lantern too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2023
abduleez1:
What's my man cooking?? πŸ‘€
Rebel Moon
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2023
Gmajor:

Na signboard the lady for the far right carry for head?
Chief why? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2023
zedegit:

Nah. John Cena lift am like small pikin wipe am better sense.

Didn't you see the other things Jackie got in on Cena too?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

What do you think of the vex? It felt really really artificial and way too saturated to me

The Vex?
I don't get it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2023
Barbie is definitely WB first billion dollar grosser movie of 2023.

$774.5M in just two weeks, omoh 🀯. With this speed, I see this movie grossing over $1.5B.

#Xavier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2023
pu7pl3:

He just wants people to go see the movie ni
Anything for abduleez1 to hype up his people
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2023
Baddestguyp:
You guys are overhating on The Flash

It's nowhere as bad as y'all are making it seem. It's like a lot of people just watched it to hate on it

It's no overhating. The flash is a crap movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
Xavier5:

$774.5M in just two weeks, omoh 🀯. With this speed, I see this movie grossing over $1.5B.

#Xavier

That's The Batman entire gross in 10 days. πŸ™ƒ
The film really shut many people here up. grin grin

One dude was blabbing how no one knew about the movie until a month ago when marketing blew up. Film that had consistently been topping or amongst top 3 most anticipated films of 2023 since last year. 🀑

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
pu7pl3:

He just wants people to go see the movie ni

You know with Zack, things ain't what they seem. πŸ€”
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Anything for abdul to hype up his people

Hype what people? πŸ™„
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
abduleez1:

That's The Batman entire gross in 10 days. πŸ™ƒ
The film really shut many people here up. grin grin

One dude was blabbing how no one knew about the movie until a month ago when marketing blew up. Film that had consistently been topping or amongst top 3 most anticipated films of 2023 since last year. 🀑

Swears, Zaslav will be smiling now. This is his first billion dollar grosser.

It's shocking bro. By next week or two weeks from now, that moving will be dancing in the billion dollar sphere. WB and Mattel are really smiling to the bank with this.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
SOZINN:

Though not outstanding, the film is still good. I'd give it a score of 70% because I still feel like there are a few things missing. It can easily be included in the top ten slasher horror/mystery movies from the last five years. I've never seen anything from the SCREAM franchise too but I enjoyed this introduction and will definitely give the remaining films a chance, as well as some of the other gorgeous films from A24 Studios that I've missed. I'm on a midnight horror movie marathon, so I need to find some films that are worthwhile.

I think you might be interested in the article below: h t t p s :. / / r b . g y / y g s 9

I've watched some films in the article and already got some on my watchlist and downloaded a few more. It's a nice article.

A24 is my go to studio when looking for non linear movies or moving away from conventional Hollywood studio tropes.
I'll surely stack up on some of them when it's Halloween. I've been craving a good scare for some time but it seems elusive. πŸ˜‰

I'm looking forward to this new film "Talk To Me". Really loved the trailer and the movie is doing well at the box office.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Xavier5:

Swears, Zaslav will be smiling now. This is his first billion dollar grosser.

It's shocking bro. By next week or two weeks from now, that moving will be dancing in the billion dollar sphere. WB and Mattel are really smiling to the bank with this.

#Xavier

I always knew the movie will do very well especially with the combo of Margot Robbie and the rest of the superb cast, couple that with Greta Gerwig and you got a winner. I expected around $750mn if it does superb.... Didn't know it would drop monstrous performance.
The Barbenheimer memes amongst fans also helped tho as well as good reviews and word of mouth. It's an event movie and no one wants to miss out. The more money BARBIE makes domestically the better for WB. $600mn+ and above is kumbaya level for them with hopes the other films performs well.
The only issue with BARBIE success is Mattel and others having ideas for a cinematic universe. πŸ˜…

I've been saying for a month now that WB was gonna rebound with its second half movies.
Dune 2 looks promising and another possible billion dollar potential.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Secret Invasion S01 (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Too many woke movies these days. Yuck!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
Xavier5:

#Xavier
But they over marketed the Movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
abduleez1:

I always knew the movie will do very well especially with the combo of Margot Robbie and the rest of the superb cast, couple that with Greta Gerwig and you got a winner. I expected around $750mn if it does superb.... Didn't know it would drop monstrous performance.
The Barbenheimer memes amongst fans also helped tho as well as good reviews and word of mouth. It's an event movie and no one wants to miss out. The more money BARBIE makes domestically the better for WB. $600mn+ and above is kumbaya level for them with hopes the other films performs well.
The only issue with BARBIE success is Mattel and others having ideas for a cinematic universe[/b]. πŸ˜…

Shared universe ke πŸ˜‚. Sha I don't know much about the Mattel IPs, if they feel they've got the properties to make a shared universe, fine. All they need to do is make sure they have a good shared universe plan.
But one thing is sure, shared universe or no shared universe, WB just landed themselves a solid franchise.

I've been saying for a month now that WB was gonna rebound with its second half movies.
Dune 2 looks promising and another possible billion dollar potential.

I see Blue Beetle and Meg 2 performing well also. I don't know about Wonka and Aquaman 2, the latter because of the multiple reshoots and the Amber Heard controversies (the movie will make money due to the Aquaman brand, but the probability of making high revenues especially like its prequel is low).

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Gmajor:

Whatever money they spent on marketing will not exceed the 3x multiplier, that's always the maximum for BEP. No studio or movie exceeds that.

Going with the 3x multiplier on a budget of $145M, Barbie will need $435M to be profitable, and the movie has already exceeded that. So that's a lot and lot of gross profit. Irrespective of high marketing, the movie is already a profit hit 😎.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
pu7pl3:

The Vex?
I don't get it.
Vfx πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ autocorrect has finished me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Gmajor:

The Marketing just costs 150 million
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
Xavier5:

Shared universe ke πŸ˜‚. Sha I don't know much about the Mattel IPs, if they feel they've got the properties to make a shared universe, fine. All they need to do is make sure they have a good shared universe plan.
But one thing is sure, shared universe or no shared universe, WB just landed themselves a solid franchise.

I see Blue Beetle and Meg 2 performing well also. I don't know about Wonka and Aquaman 2, the latter because of the multiple reshoots and the Amber Heard controversies (the movie will make money due to the Aquaman brand, but the probability of making high revenues especially like its prequel is low).

#Xavier

Mattel's been looking bullish since first weekend of Barbie. They're hoping to adapt more toys. I was just exaggerating with the Cinematic universe talk. πŸ˜‚

I dunno, but something tells me Blue Beetle might do well or decent at least. Marketing been ramping up since last week.
Meg 2 will definitely do well internationally. Wonka looks like a winner to me. Might not do bonkers business, but will do enough.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
July cinematic dump πŸ’πŸ’š. mad run, few misses but mostly hits 🎯 and side bonus: I was able to throw in the monthly "Interstellar" re-run πŸŒŸπŸ’«

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Gmajor:

Lmao.... That's what you people say when you pained a movie you want to fail ends up winning.

There's no such thing as over marketing. You either let audiences know about your film or you don't.
That movies marketing budget is most likely not exceeding $150mn. Make of that what you will.

Majority of the marketing for BARBIE and Oppenheimer was done by the fans themselves. Not even the studio. I can't count how many times I've mentioned Barbie on this thread alone and so is the same for millions of fans worldwide.

Mission Impossible 7 that they've been marketing since and calling "Best movie of the year" by fans and critics with some people funnily calling Tom Cruise as the saviour of cinema because of Top Gun. I'd like seeing their faces now seeing MI7 flopping to these movies..... Can't even match B league "Sound of Freedom" at the US box office. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
oyaskii:
July cinematic dump πŸ’πŸ’š. mad run, few misses but mostly hits 🎯 and side bonus: I was able to throw in the monthly "Interstellar" re-run πŸŒŸπŸ’«

Interesting list...

I've since abandoned planning movies and TV series with the monthly format with the realisation that I'm mostly always gonna fall short of meeting at least 65% requirement.

I just pick and choose now what tickles my fancy or the mood I'm in.
Tho I've had a great run this month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3630) (3631) (3632) (3633) (3634) (3635) (3636) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Olajiiree(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.