Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,724 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733735 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3635) (3636) (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) (3641) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
abduleez1:
Dem don roast IDAN.... πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Tom Cruise and Paramount Pictures no go ever forgive Barbie and Oppenheimer aswear πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I see lawsuits flying around soon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

abduleez1:
People just yap their mouths and complain of unoriginal movies but they continue to show total lack of support at the box office.

Studios will continue to push IPs up your throats till thy kingdom come cos people never put their money where their mouth is!!

That's what I've been telling some people. They complain they want original movies but patronise the remake, adapted and franchise movies instead πŸ™„. And they wonder why studios are obsessed with remakes, adaptations and franchises. Those are the fvcking oil wells.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
please I need your help guys, I'm making a YouTube video about movie trailers, can you help me list your best movie trailers of all times so I can check it outπŸ™
Mine is the Batman trailer
Captain America: Civil War. All the trailers.
Infinity War
Batman V Superman trailer 3 I think
ZSJL
The Batman
Aquaman(5 min trailer)
Fast and Furious 7
Age of Ultron(funny how the trailer looks way different from the movie)

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
abduleez1:

Happy birthday to the Queen!!! πŸ‘ΈπŸ₯³πŸ§

Omo, so BARBIE is hitting a Billie tonight? I thought it's this weekend. 🀯
I am seeing chatters that it might be this night o πŸ˜„
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
SOZINN:

Everyone has forgotten about Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny.

Wait, the movie don come out? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
I recall that when @abduleez1 first brought up this topic, one punk called him out and started babbling. What is going on now?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Xavier5:

Wait, the movie don come out? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

#Xavier

Disney took a serious L with that film and the general public had zero sympathy for them. I'm quite certain it's on track to lose more money than Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning. Their most recent release doesn't look too good either, this year has been rough for them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
August Movie List
I decided to go old school this month. I can't believe I haven't watched any of these films
1. Schindler's List
2. ET Extraterrestrial
3. Jurassic World
4. Citizen Kane
5. Psycho

6. Following
7. Seven Samurai
8. Memento
9. Arrival
10. Gladiator
11. Superman 1976
12. 21 Jump Street
13. Elf
14. Stepbrothers
15. Monty Python and the holy grail

In Theatres by God's grace
1. Oppenheimer again
2. Mission Impossible
Citizen Kane- Orson Welles was just 26 when he co-wrote, produced and directed this classic movie. He played a young man, a middle aged man and an old man.

Mr Welles was a walking mass of incredible talent, a prodigy and a man way ahead of his time. Your attention is drawn from the very first word Xanadu! Simply classical, I tell ya.

You should also see Rebecca. The movie is an adaptation of a novel and very interesting .
Psycho is also a classic. I didn't like the ending though.

Memento is good, in a weird kind of way.

Gladiator is bloody and tragic

Schindler's list is depressing.

Monty Python is hilarious. I'm going to watch it again.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 12:23am On Aug 05, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Captain America: Civil War. All the trailers.
Infinity War
Batman V Superman trailer 3 I think
ZSJL
The Batman
Aquaman(5 min trailer)
Fast and Furious 7
Age of Ultron(funny how the trailer looks way different from the movie)
Thanks✊ what do you think of Deadpool 2 trailer and Nope?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 12:24am On Aug 05, 2023
Ishilove:

Citizen Kane- Orson Welles was just 26 when he co-wrote, produced and directed this classic movie. He played a young man, a middle aged man and an old man.

Mr Welles was a walking mass of incredible talent, a prodigy and a man way ahead of his time. Your attention is drawn from the very first word Xanadu! Simply classical, I tell ya.

You should also see Rebecca. The movie is an adaptation of a novel and very interesting .
Psycho is also a classic. I didn't like the ending though.

Memento is good, in a weird kind of way.

Gladiator is bloody and tragic

Schindler's list is depressing.

Monty Python is hilarious. I'm going to watch it again.
Thanks a lot. I'll post my review of everyone here.
I forgot to add Gone with the Wind and City Lights

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 12:26am On Aug 05, 2023
SOZINN:

Disney took a serious L with that film and the general public had zero sympathy for them. I'm quite certain it's on track to lose more money than Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning. Their most recent release doesn't look too good either, this year has been rough for them.
And will continue bombing until they figure out a solution. I see the Marvels bombing too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:35am On Aug 05, 2023
SOZINN:
I recall that when @abdul first brought up this topic, one punk called him out and started babbling. What is going on now?

I saw this yesterday and I just dey laugh remembering that encounter. grin grin

Those scans and digital copies aren't really gonna be used in instances where you'd easily notice. It's those background actors for example that plays those numerous soldiers at the battlefield in war movies, those faces you'd definitely forget as soon as the next scene plays.
They'd just drop the faces on digitally created war sequences and figures without going through the stress of hiring actors in numbers for such sequences.
All those little things you won't notice or even get adequate screentime, enough for the original actor not to even know his replica has been used.

Let's see how this thing unfolds.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:39am On Aug 05, 2023
oyaskii:
I am seeing chatters that it might be this night o πŸ˜„

Omo, na wa oo...

That film is just destroying every projections analysts has of it.
Na new movies coming out this following weeks I dey pity pass.

I'm hearing The Meg 2 might be casualty at domestic box office. I Ain't confirmed yet tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:58am On Aug 05, 2023
abduleez1:
Dem don roast IDAN.... πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Tom Cruise didn't ride a bike off a cliff numerous times to be insulted like this πŸ€•πŸ˜ͺ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:58am On Aug 05, 2023
Xavier5:

Tom Cruise and Paramount Pictures no go ever forgive Barbie and Oppenheimer aswear πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I see lawsuits flying around soon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

That's what I've been telling some people. They complain they want original movies but patronise the remake, adapted and franchise movies instead πŸ™„. And they wonder why studios are obsessed with remakes, adaptations and franchises. Those are the fvcking oil wells.

#Xavier

You dey mind people.... They keeping complaining but if WB drop The Batman part 20 in theatres tomorrow, ppl will still flock it with hard cash despite initial complaints and gra gra.

I remember telling peeps back then that when House of The Dragon comes out ppl will readily forget about Game of Thrones much maligned final season if it was good. Some thought I was just yapping and the contempt for the finale will draw apathy from many fans.

Fast forward to late 2022, that show destroyed almost all records HBO has ever had with just first season. People had already started pitching tents β€” House Black vs House Green.
Records that HBO's Game of Thrones first 4 seasons couldn't match, it was dropping such viewership numbers weekly. It's also up for awards too.

If done well, with the right team, and the right marketing, people will consistently support old IPs no matter what they say.
There's nothing man has thought of now that hasn't been thought of by someone somewhere in one corner of the sphere. There's nothing original these days.
How do people experience great tales of art like, Tolkien's world, G.R.R Martin, Harry Potter etc if not for remakes, reboot and so on..... How do the younger generations, the unborn ones to come key into these work of art? How some people go know about Julius Caesar, Livia Drusilla, WWII, Vikings, Romans, Greeks, Trojan Horse if dem no adapt for you??

Art will always be recycled from time to time as there's hardly anything new to tell again under the sun. Na just packaging and refinements to make it look and feel new.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:00am On Aug 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

Tom Cruise didn't ride a bike off a cliff numerous times to be insulted like this πŸ€•πŸ˜ͺ

The game isn't fair bruv!!! grin grin

If you're a saviour of cinema, e no go bad if you collect knocks for failing to save cinema in the future. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:06am On Aug 05, 2023
abduleez1:

The game isn't fair bruv!!! grin grin

If you're a saviour of cinema, e no go bad if you collect knocks for failing to save cinema in the future. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

He tried to save it nau, what do you think all those Stunts and running were for?...Omo it was too harsh abeg grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:49am On Aug 05, 2023
Art imitates life!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:50am On Aug 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

He tried to save it nau, what do you think all those Stunts and running were for?...Omo it was too harsh abeg grin

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2023
abduleez1:
People just yap their mouths and complain of unoriginal movies but they continue to show total lack of support at the box office.

Studios will continue to push IPs up your throats till thy kingdom come cos people never put their money where their mouth is!!
Actually this is untrue, the main reason why Disney aren't making it in the box office is b cause this stories aren't good enough and they're not focusing on their central audience - parents esp. conservative parents who are beginning to antagonise and boycott Disney and Disney is trying to close their eyes to this realityπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Look at the Peter Pan remake last year- it costs 150 million dollars to make and it still was the worst film of 2022.

Or is Moana or Inside Out or even Wall E and others not originals? If Encanto was released for more than a month in theatres and on a mid budget, it wouldn't have flopped πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ.

Soul was released during the pandemic and Luca was taking directly to streaming, those were the only original movies that were actually good the rest have been woke, mid and budget has been off the roof. Another reason is streaming most people don't want to watch stuff in cinemas any more esp for Disney propertiesπŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2023
abduleez1:
Bro it's actually false claims, it hasn't been confirmedπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ, even though it's true, how does it have anything to do with the film, pedophiles and rapists have been funding Hollywood since ages. Discussing films never discussed anything about Sound of Freedom doing well in the box office but when it came to this they opened their mouth waaa
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:14am On Aug 05, 2023
abduleez1:
This guy is just one of the 6,000+ crowdfunders. Maybe na $10 e contribute sef
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Actually this is untrue, the main reason why Disney aren't making it in the box office is b cause this stories aren't good enough and they're not focusing on their central audience - parents esp. conservative parents who are beginning to antagonise and boycott Disney and Disney is trying to close their eyes to this realityπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Look at the Peter Pan remake last year- it costs 150 million dollars to make and it still was the worst film of 2022.

Or is Moana or Inside Out or even Wall E and others not originals? If Encanto was released for more than a month in theatres and on a mid budget, it wouldn't have flopped πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ.

Soul was released during the pandemic and Luca was taking directly to streaming, those were the only original movies that were actually good the rest have been woke, mid and budget has been off the roof. Another reason is streaming most people don't want to watch stuff in cinemas any more esp for Disney propertiesπŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ
Haven't seen Elemental yet but Raya and the Last Dragon and Turning Red were woke and mid? In what universe? What was woke about them?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
please I need your help guys, I'm making a YouTube video about movie trailers, can you help me list your best movie trailers of all times so I can check it outπŸ™
Mine is the Batman trailer
- Les Miserables (2012)
- Inception
- Troy
- Logan
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Suicide Squad (2016)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kaycee7:
Haven't seen Elemental yet but Raya and the Last Dragon and Turning Red were woke and mid? In what universe? What was woke about them?
Sorry for missing it out, I think it didn't do well because of the pandemic tho and only in theatres for just a month before they sent it of to plus. Turning red didn't even have a theatrical release plus it wasn't actually an all kids friendly movie in a way
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kaycee7:

- Les Miserables (2012)
- Inception
- Troy
- Logan
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Suicide Squad (2016)
Just watched all, the ones that stood out is Judas and the black Messiah and suicide squad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

All this one you're saying is cap and Shalaye pro max!!
I just used the screenshot to illustrate the current state of things. If I want to calm down and drop original films that were great but flopped at the box office, this place go full. I am not fixating on Disney but the general industry.

Raya and The Last Dragon was good, Encanto was great and there's hardly things to outrightly call woke and mid in them.
While some of the dude's stats might be sketchy due to the streaming release, it still doesn't strengthen your position saying the main cause is cos Disney's alienating the central audience.

This supposed liberal woke films have gone on to be amongst the top performers in streaming. So it aligns with my opinion that people don't support original films at the box office.
Soul, Raya, Encanto, Turning Red had been topping streaming charts during their release.
So it's erroneous saying people didn't like it's wokeness because they're also well reviewed by critics and GENERAL AUDIENCE.

The Northman, The _F@blΒ£man$, Tar, Babylon, Don't Worry Darling, The Menu, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Renfield, Amsterdam etc they all flopped or underperformed at the box office. A few barely broke even.

The only original films to lay claim to profitability are horror flicks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Bro it's actually false claims, it hasn't been confirmedπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ, even though it's true, how does it have anything to do with the film, pedophiles and rapists have been funding Hollywood since ages. Discussing films never discussed anything about Sound of Freedom doing well in the box office but when it came to this they opened their mouth waaa

Agenda must agend!! cheesy grin

phr0nesis:

This guy is just one of the 6,000+ crowdfunders. Maybe na $10 e contribute sef
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Thanks a lot. I'll post my review of everyone here.
I forgot to add Gone with the Wind and City Lights
They don't make movies like Gone With The Wind anymore. It's a classic
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
πŸ€”

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
πŸ€”πŸ€”

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

Oppenheimer bombed
Literally
🀭
Damn bro. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
abduleez1:
$1bn this weekend.... cool cool
I predicted this won't hit 1 billion like super Mario bros so I better own my L now. 😒😒😭. The pace at which this movie is moving is amazing hopefully we'll soon see other Martel characters as time goes on. Congrats to Greta for her latest milestone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3635) (3636) (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) (3641) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaziar, keemsleek(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.