Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,406 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773793 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) (3651) (3652) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 2:09am On Aug 12, 2023
6 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:58am On Aug 12, 2023
majesticguy:

Simply put, this was method acting at it's finest, the very best of the best.

Being a huge fan of his works and the legend himself(Stephen Hawkins), I'd say Eddie simply killed it, the distorted face, the facial expressions when he talks, the voice, OMG!.

I was hyping Ryan Gosling on his method acting in First Man, never knew there was someone far better than him..... Just as you said, Eddie was literally Stephen Hawkins a 100%, a well deserved Oscar indeed...

Haven't seen Danish Girl, but since you mentioned it, I'd go check it out and also check out his other movies.
If you like a man turning to a woman, you'll love it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mirinder: 6:30am On Aug 12, 2023
SOZINN:

Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man and Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man are from Earth-96283 and Earth-120703, respectively. These are alternate realities from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), which is set on Earth-616.
i've been wanting to ask. Whats up with the figures attached to each earth? Kindly elucidate. We have students amongst us. We are not abduleez1 or kaycee7
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2023
Emekus92:

Go to App Store. Download Documents app. It’s like a browser u can use it to download and watch movies
Thanks, will try it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Watching Mel Gibson in this is like watching him come full circle. In the 90s he was in a movie payback - set in the 70s in which he went up against a continental style organization.

If you download the movie you need to get the theatrical cut. I re-downloaded it recently only to find I had the directors cut, which has a the last 30 minutes radically different. The theatrical cuts last 30 minutes are much more bloody.

Link to download both theatrical and the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2023
I dont think Gal Galdot is a good actress. Average at best and maybe she should try romance or just plain drama genre cos this action thing isn't her thing.

Heart of Stone is almost a bore to watch, whether to even blame the director cos the fight scenes are so poorly choreographed.

Angelina Jolie or Zoe Saldana carry this aura you know you are in for something good.

I dont know what Galdot is doing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 8:50am On Aug 12, 2023
mirinder:
i've been wanting to ask. Whats up with the figures attached to each earth? Kindly elucidate. We have students amongst us. We are not abduleez1 or kaycee7

The gist of it is that, there are parallel universes apart from this one we are currently in and each one is assigned a number for recognition...I think.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:58am On Aug 12, 2023
mirinder:
i've been wanting to ask. Whats up with the figures attached to each earth? Kindly elucidate. We have students amongst us.

The figures attached to each Earth are called Earth designations. They are used to differentiate between different universes in the Marvel multiverse. In the Marvel multiverse, there are infinite universes, each with its own unique history and timeline. The Earth designation is a way of identifying which universe a particular character or event is from.

Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man and Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man are from different universes, so they have different Earth designations. This means that their stories and experiences are different, even though they are both Spider-Man. The earth designations were introduced to keep track of the different universes in the multiverse. Over the years, it has become an important part of the Marvel lore.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
The antagonist in Across the spiderverse

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2023
abduleez1:

Na go still see more of her..... grin grin grin

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now it's here.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ and I will be showing up still. I dey ok Make that Mama face, smile and that innocent voice just dey cool me for 2hrs max πŸ€“

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2023
majesticguy:

Na abduleez1 sugar mummy you day attack so, my hand no day ooo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I day tell you, she's just a fine face, her body no too set self(I wonder why guys are crushing on her). I'd pick Salma Hayek over her any time any day. Not talking about their acting prowess, cause both of them are the same.

For acting it's Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lawrence for me. Both ladies got a whole lot of acting range.
Gal Gadot is like bottom tier, there are so many actress far superior to her talent....As Abduleez1 will agree, we are not seeing her movie for "talent" , are we now? 🀭

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2023
SOZINN:

As if I knew that I would have another chance to address this situation in the future. It hasn't been more than a few weeks since Abduleez was bashing talented actors who never got their big break on the big screen. The guy was blabbing as if he had no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

How many actors have wowed you with their acting prowess in a TV series but have never gotten that special call? But we are currently witnessing someone land major roles because of looks. I didn't even want to write a lengthy post about connections, favoritism, and Hollywood politics in general. People have a tendency to speak without thinking sometimes.

Long read...Please bear...I will try to be as objective and explicit as i can.

Before the advent of cosmetic surgery and what not, When i was much younger, one of my pal, woke up one fine morning and said to me out of the blue that "Guy i gats marry fine wife even if she no get character than the one wey no fine with character, i fit teach my fine wife character, but you see that face, na for life".

i laughed it off then,but years past and i began to realize that, "Beauty sells". It is an unwritten universal law and it is not peculiar to just one industry.

In year 2 of my uni, a dancing competition was held, 10 girls, 1 very fine one and 9 not so fine, and the MC kept asking us to vote after each round, the fine one was the worst dancer, but she duly won as we kept voting for her till the end, any pointers why?.

I don't know if you have seen "The Witcher" show, there's a character called "Yennefer" played a very okay actress facially, and yet people trashed her that she was not "traditionally beautiful" and she taints thier imagination of the character from the books!
I read an article recently about the Kdrama, that normal everyday south Koreans don't look like what is being portrayed and that you have to meet a certain beauty standard to break in.

Beauty is synonymous with women, and there's a reason why you find women more as CC reps or sales persons, not because they necessarily do a better job.

Hilda Bacci, didn't get more traction for her cookathon till like the 3rd day of the challenge after people had gone through her IG, in contrast Chef Dami, who tried to replicate the feat some mere weeks after Hilda, and she was berated to the high heavens, not really because she was doing something bad or was a bad cook, but in comparison to Hilda, Her looks and aesthetics dealt her a strong
blow.

Racism history sef is rooted in beauty and aesthetics.

So Chale, the beauty and looks tax is everywhere, and not just peculiar to Hollywood, except you have some empirical data, i want to believe it happens less in Hollywood, because it is an industry where much of it's commercial and critical success are based on the critique of the art itself. I want to site 3 examples, Gal Gadot, Alexandra Daddario and Priyanka Chopra. All 3 have one thing in common, C list actresses at best but extremely traditional beautiful women, but the beauty has really taken them to the pinnacle, has it?, Their filmography is haphazard at best, filled with low budget C rated flicks. No serious filmmaker consider them for anything serious. People that cast them know exactly what they are aiming for. Gal Gadot in "Heart of Stone" is not for any oscar winning serious numbers, it is to drive stream numbers on Netflix and it's actually working, quite a few people saw the flick yesterday and it's only her looks they are giving praise to, and a sequel is planned and my money is that it will do poorly as well, but i will be showing up still. She getting the Wonder woman casting was shocking to me at first, as Gwendoline Christie had a more superior physique and acting talent ID for the role to her, but it finally clocked that WW was to be the first major standalone woman super hero movie in years, the face of female heroism if you will, a movie that all women and young girls can look up to, and between Gwendoline Christie and Gal Gadot, there's was a clear winner on who this face should be despite the disparity in acting talent profile.

Now whilst i can't remember the argument you had with Abduleez1 on Talented tv characters not breaking it big and transitioning to big screen movies, i can tell you for free that, if you are actually talented, you would shine whether in TV or movies, and i have seen ample examples, infact most actors break out from Tv shows more often than you think, cuz movies employs a much smaller cast than shows, so they can easily get roles on shows, shine, get discovered and make the big break to movies, whilst i also know some actors that prefer shows, not necessarily because they can't break into movies, it's because it suites thier acting profile more.

The argument on this that i and Abduleez1 had that i can recall was Grant Gustin transitioning from "The Flash Tv show" to the movie. This was dead in the pipe, not necessarily because he was a bad actor and Ezra Miller was better than him, he was still contracted to play the character a particular franchise with it's own universe and plots that work around that universe, imagine him be cast as the same character in the DCEU!? it would have been a continuity disaster, and the main point is that he actually prefers TV shows because of my point from above πŸ‘†. and for the record Ezra Miller are not a bad Barry Allen/ The Flash!

So it you could mention these talented tv actors that are been marginalized from transitioning to big time Hollywood, pls mention and maybe we can continue the discussion from there.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:55am On Aug 12, 2023
Weekend Watch List

- Heart of Stone (2023)

Obviously not one to miss a performance by one of the most talented actresses of her generation. Can't wait to see how she interpreted and immersed the audience into her character's story. Might even be a contender for Best Actress at the awards.

- Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse (2023)

Watching this is a canon event.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2023
oyaskii:
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ and I will be showing up still. I dey ok Make that Mama face, smile and that innocent voice just dey cool me for 2hrs max πŸ€“

We will always show up for Gal

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Watch List

- Heart of Stone (2023)

Obviously not one to miss a performance by one of the most talented actresses of her generation. Can't wait to see how she interpreted and immersed the audience into her character's story. Might even be a contender for Best Actress at the awards.

- Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse (2023)

Watching this is a canon event.

Preach Brother Preach! 🀭

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
oyaskii:

Long read...Please bear...I will try to be as objective and explicit as i can.

Before the advent of cosmetic surgery and what not, When i was much younger, one of my pal, woke up one fine morning and said to me out of the blue that "Guy i gats marry fine wife even if she no get character than the one wey no fine with character, i fit teach my fine wife character, but you see that face, na for life".

i laughed it off then,but years past and i began to realize that, "Beauty sells". It is an unwritten universal law and it is not peculiar to just one industry.

In year 2 of my uni, a dancing competition was held, 10 girls, 1 very fine one and 9 not so fine, and the MC kept asking us to vote after each round, the fine one was the worst dancer, but she duly won as we kept voting for her till the end, any pointers why?.

I don't know if you have seen "The Witcher" show, there's a character called "Yennefer" played a very okay actress facially, and yet people trashed her that she was not "traditionally beautiful" and she taints thier imagination of the character from the books!
I read an article recently about the Kdrama, that normal everyday south Koreans don't look like what is being portrayed and that you have to meet a certain beauty standard to break in.

Beauty is synonymous with women, and there's a reason why you find women more as CC reps or sales persons, not because they necessarily do a better job.

Hilda Bacci, didn't get more traction for her cookathon till like the 3rd day of the challenge after people had gone through her IG, in contrast Chef Dami, who tried to replicate the feat some mere weeks after Hilda, and she was berated to the high heavens, not really because she was doing something bad or was a bad cook, but in comparison to Hilda, Her looks and aesthetics dealt her a strong
blow.

Racism history sef is rooted in beauty and aesthetics.

So Chale, the beauty and looks tax is everywhere, and not just peculiar to Hollywood, except you have some empirical data, i want to believe it happens less in Hollywood, because it is an industry where much of it's commercial and critical success are based on the critique of the art itself. I want to site 3 examples, Gal Gadot, Alexandra Daddario and Priyanka Chopra. All 3 have one thing in common, C list actresses at best but extremely traditional beautiful women, but the beauty has really taken them to the pinnacle, has it?, Their filmography is haphazard at best, filled with low budget C rated flicks. No serious filmmaker consider them for anything serious. People that cast them know exactly what they are aiming for. Gal Gadot in "Heart of Stone" is not for any oscar winning serious numbers, it is to drive stream numbers on Netflix and it's actually working, quite a few people saw the flick yesterday and it's only her looks they are giving praise to, and a sequel is planned and my money is that it will do poorly as well, but i will be showing up still. She getting the Wonder woman casting was shocking to me at first, as Gwendoline Christie had a more superior physique and acting talent ID for the role to her, but it finally clocked that WW was to be the first major standalone woman super hero movie in years, the face of female heroism if you will, a movie that all women and young girls can look up to, and between Gwendoline Christie and Gal Gadot, there's was a clear winner on who this face should be despite the disparity in acting talent profile.

Now whilst i can't remember the argument you had with Abduleez1 on Talented tv characters not breaking it big and transitioning to big screen movies, i can tell you for free that, if you are actually talented, you would shine whether in TV or movies, and i have seen ample examples, infact most actors break out from Tv shows more often than you think, cuz movies employs a much smaller cast than shows, so they can easily get roles on shows, shine, get discovered and make the big break to movies, whilst i also know some actors that prefer shows, not necessarily because they can't break into movies, it's because it suites thier acting profile more.

The argument on this that i and Abduleez1 had that i can recall was Grant Gustin transitioning from "The Flash Tv show" to the movie. This was dead in the pipe, not necessarily because he was a bad actor and Ezra Miller was better than him, he was still contracted to play the character a particular franchise with it's own universe and plots that work around that universe, imagine him be cast as the same character in the DCEU!? it would have been a continuity disaster, and the main point is that he actually prefers TV shows because of my point from above πŸ‘†. and for the record Ezra Miller are not a bad Barry Allen/ The Flash!

So it you could mention these talented tv actors that are been marginalized from transitioning to big time Hollywood, pls mention and maybe we can continue the discussion from there.
Is this what I think it is??

Oh hell no, don't tell me you have bought into that lunacy sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
oyaskii:

Congratulations, you just used a lot of words to say what I've already said, which is that Hollywood casting decisions are based on a variety of factors. I am aware that beauty sells, and it may help you advance where talent may not. My main argument is that success is born when opportunity and effort are combined. The fact that you haven't seen them demonstrate their impressive acting ability in a variety of TV series or shows doesn't imply that they don't take their acting career seriously or that it is just one of many interests they have.

I can name actors who have landed prominent Hollywood roles due to their appearance; these were roles that many TV stars could have easily taken and given performances that were superior to what they so called actors delivered. I'm saying no more than that. Ezra Miller is a good actor in my opinion, but he was given a subpar script to work with. I am well aware of how a poor script or poor directing can make an excellent actor seem to be having a bad day.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by asking me to name a television actors who are being marginalized from making it big in Hollywood, but I'll certainly do so. I could continue by mentioning actors who were chosen for prominent roles for factors other than talent, and perhaps that list would be longer. The actors you requested include; Niecy Nash, Rietta, Uzo Aduba, Tracee Ellis Ross, Rhea Seahorn, Jane Adams, Megan Mullally, and Brandon Scott Jones.

Numerous factors influence casting opportunities, as I've previously stated. Everyone proceeds at their own pace, simple.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
SOZINN:

Congratulations, you just used a lot of words to say what I've already said, which is that Hollywood casting decisions are based on a variety of factors. I am aware that beauty sells, and it may help you advance where talent may not. My main argument is that success is born when opportunity and effort are combined. The fact that you haven't seen them demonstrate their impressive acting ability in a variety of TV series or shows doesn't imply that they don't take their acting career seriously or that it is just one of many interests they have.
[b]
I can name actors who have landed prominent Hollywood roles due to their appearance; these were roles that many TV stars could have easily taken and given performances that were superior to what they so called acto[/b]rs delivered. I'm saying no more than that. Ezra Miller is a good actor in my opinion, but he was given a sub-par script to work with. I am well aware of how a poor script or poor directing can make an excellent actor seem to be having a bad day.

In order not turn this into a warped argument.

If i could get you correctly, the bone you had to pick was. "Looks" should not be a criteria for casting, which we have agreed that "Beauty sells" bit, hence.

Then you went on about many tv series talented actors that have wowed and not get the special call, and i also gave you reasons why it might seem so.

So at the bolded part of your statement, please give me famous roles given to perceived "privileged" actors, and name a tv star that could have done it better. So that the point you're trying to make will stick.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by asking me to name a television actors who are being marginalized from making it big in Hollywood, but I'll certainly do so. I could continue by mentioning actors who were chosen for prominent roles for factors other than talent, and perhaps that list would be longer. The actors you requested include; Niecy Nash, Rietta, Uzo Aduba, Tracee Ellis Ross, Rhea Seahorn, Jane Adams, Megan Mullally, and Brandon Scott Jones.

Numerous factors influence casting opportunities, as I've previously stated. Everyone proceeds at their own pace,simple.

I think you damn well know what i am trying to say, because it was you mentioned television actors that are seemingly doing fantastic work on those shows and I have never gotten the special call.

Your example is piss poor on what you are arguing on, as it rather validates my point. So i will pick 4 of them to buttress.

Niecy Nash is literally known as "the television goddess", because that is what suites her acting profile. Not that she hasn't even started in mainstream movies, she has been in quite a few, so she gets the special call, she just prefers Tv shows.

Tracee Ellis Ross, this one even has a fantastic nepo head start cuz she's the daughter of a famous person, so she do get the call, but as you can already predict, her acting range is best suited for television.

Jane Adams? Maybe not the one i know, cuz the one i know has even been in more movies than tv shows, critically acclaimed movies as well, so she definitely gets the call.

Uzo Aduba's main niche has been stage play, and she's very famous around that circles, as way back as 2003. Her roles in mainstream media prior to the Suzanne casting has been minor voice roles and cameos, so the suzanne casting isn't enough to send "the special call" rolling in, tho she has been in a few other projects here and there, but her main calling is stage play!.

On a final note, yes numerous factors influences casting, but my point still is if you are talented in tv show, you are talented enough for big roles in movies, the acting are quite the same in retrospect, only stage acting is different, and any "talented tv show actors" not getting the call, is one probably not answering that call or there's some other more talented actors filling those roles, simple and end of.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ishilove:

Is this what I think it is??

Oh hell no, don't tell me you have bought into that lunacy sad
lool Hey, If they say they are more than one person living in one body, and they are them/they now, who am i to judge? eh 🀭

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
oyaskii:
lool Hey, If they say they are more than one person living in one body, and they are them/they now, who am i to judge? eh 🀭
It's not about judgement sir. It is about pandering to their mental and psychological illnesses. If tomorrow they suddenly want to be called animals, will you also oblige them?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ishilove:

It's not about judgement sir. It is about pandering to their mental and psychological illnesses. If tomorrow they suddenly want to be called animals, will you also oblige them?
Oh wait, you do know i was joking right? πŸ˜…. I used the pronouns simply as a humor bait nothing serious , Ma.✌️
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Spiderhead (2022) = 5.7/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
πŸŽ₯ No Hard Feelings (2023) = 5.5/10 βœ”οΈ

If the roles were reversed, feminists would scream "grooming," "rape." 🀑

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Cobweb (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ

Was lowkey scary 😱

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Collateral (2004) 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
oyaskii:
Oh wait, you do know i was joking right? πŸ˜…. I used the pronouns simply as a humor bait nothing serious , Ma.✌️
I shock o. Those they/them people have mental issues
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
Heart of Stone.

I think I'll make it a Netflix movie night.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
oyaskii:

In order not turn this into a warped argument.

If i could get you correctly, the bone you had to pick was. "Looks" should not be a criteria for casting, which we have agreed that "Beauty sells" bit, hence.

Then you went on about many tv series talented actors that have wowed and not get the special call, and i also gave you reasons why it might seem so.

So at the bolded part of your statement, please give me famous roles given to perceived "privileged" actors, and name a tv star that could have done it better. So that the point you're trying to make will stick.

I think you damn well know what i am trying to say, because it was you mentioned television actors that are seemingly doing fantastic work on those shows and I have never gotten the special call.

Your example is piss poor on what you are arguing on, as it rather validates my point. So i will pick 4 of them to buttress.

Niecy Nash is literally known as "the television goddess", because that is what suites her acting profile. Not that she hasn't even started in mainstream movies, she has been in quite a few, so she gets the special call, she just prefers Tv shows.

Tracee Ellis Ross, this one even has a fantastic nepo head start cuz she's the daughter of a famous person, so she do get the call, but as you can already predict, her acting range is best suited for television.

Jane Adams? Maybe not the one i know, cuz the one i know has even been in more movies than tv shows, critically acclaimed movies as well, so she definitely gets the call.

Uzo Aduba's main niche has been stage play, and she's very famous around that circles, as way back as 2003. Her roles in mainstream media prior to the Suzanne casting has been minor voice roles and cameos, so the suzanne casting isn't enough to send "the special call" rolling in, tho she has been in a few other projects here and there, but her main calling is stage play!.

On a final note, yes numerous factors influences casting, but my point still is if you are talented in tv show, you are talented enough for big roles in movies, the acting are quite the same in retrospect, only stage acting is different, and any "talented tv show actors" not getting the call, is one probably not answering that call or there's some other more talented actors filling those roles, simple and end of.

Stop making up things in your head; I didn't pick any bones. I merely said we are currently witnessing someone land major roles because of their appearance, which is true and demonstrates that looks is a factor that is taken into account when making casting decisions in Hollywood because beauty sells, and everyone knows that. I also asked, "How many actors have wowed you with their acting prowess in a TV series but have never gotten that special call?". Then, despite the fact that you made some good points, you continued to write a lengthy post in which you informed me of things I already knew.

You might disagree with my preferred selection for those roles, or you may not even know about the actors I choose so giving more examples now is rather pointless. You are only partially correct when you say that talent for a TV show equates to talent for a movie. The categories of scripts that include character development and uncommon storytelling techniques can differ greatly.

The last thing you said, "Any "talented tv show actors" not getting the call, is one probably not answering that call or there's some other more talented actors filling those roles, simple and end of," is also untrue.

β€’ To support the astronomical budget of most Hollywood films, casting directors, directors, producers, or even studio executives frequently choose actors with more established careers.

β€’ Box office appeal is a real thing.

β€’ They also choose actors from TV shows that received a lot of media attention, and this doesn't necessarily imply that they were excellent in their roles; in this case, popularity rules.

β€’ Looks.

β€’ The connections and relationships that TV series actors develop in the television industry might not transfer as well into the film industry.

β€’ The taste in art of the casting directors.

None of these have anything to do with being the best or most talented.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ Cobweb (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ

Was lowkey scary 😱

Ofcourse Homelander is scary 🀭🀭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
A fish called Wanda (1988)

Don't know how but these classic movies are more fun to watch than most recent Hollywood movies

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
They Cloned Tyrone.

Not Netflix knowing me that well that this film has a 98% match.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
Love and Monsters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) (3651) (3652) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: samistry(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.