Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774422 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Xavier5:

Son of Adam gast find greener pastures πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

#Xavier
Abi o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
abduleez1:
Probably, The Nun 2.
And some good interest in Five Night at Freddy's. πŸ˜‰

The Nun 2, and The Exorcist: Believer.

Some religious horror flick would really do my taste bud wonders 😏.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Did you get an English dub?

Angela jolies director turn was about stuff like this. Her first movie was in the land of blood and honey. About the atrocities during the Bosnian civil war. In particular the sexual violence against women. The movie had bad reviews. I was not able to go beyond the first 20 minutes. Mainly because it featured a common theme of the Bosnian war - rape as a weapon of war

Not sure I have the stomach for first they killed my father either.

Knowing Jolie maybe her next movie may be based on the last girl. Another fucking horror story about the bestiality of man.

No, I got the English sub and added it to the movie. I got it through MX player. Movies like this ought to be enjoyed in their original, local language or dialect.

Well this one didn't feature rape nor sexual violence, it was basically the horrors of war as seen through the eyes of a 6 year old kid. Child solders, starvation etc.

Well I always fancy this kind of movies, historical movies are my forte.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
lusid:
dumb title
Are you seeing the title or are you seeing the movie πŸ™„πŸ€¨πŸ€”
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
The Nomad (2023)
3/10 abeg. Potholes abi na plot holes are too much to start with sef.
Imagine you as a female reporter was able to record a discover and even record a murderer really right in the act, while killing his victim with a hammer, yet your first act after escaping with your identity intact from the murder scene is to go and confront the murderer alone in his apartment for whatever reason?? I want to believe that there's no woman that's so dumb as to do that shit on this earth.
Secondly, towards the end of the movie, a colleague of the murderer was in the apartment of the murderer along with the reporter who has began an affair with the killer, during a fight the man strangled until she's unconscious and took her gun. After resuscitating her, both the reporter and that woman stayed in that apartment as they heard several gunshots from the murder killing people randomly on the street. A sane individual would have escaped from that scene at least or hide at worst, instead staying openly in the apartment and in the same position with the door unlocked, apart from the dialogue in that scene the only action taken was the reporter calling the cops before the man came back.
I was just laughing at myself for wasting my time to even watch this movie. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
cc: Xavier5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Abdulzeez1, Xavier5 and co have inducted me into the habit of dropping long shalaye ontop a movie. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜Œ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Xavier5:

The Nun 2, and The Exorcist: Believer.

Some religious horror flick would really do my taste bud wonders 😏.

#Xavier

I woulda pick The Exorcist remake as my second cos I love religious horror more than anything but I haven't finished watching the original. πŸ™ƒ

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Don't Breathe (2016) - 75%

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Don't Breathe 2 (2021) - 50%

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wonderful.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Anya Taylor Joy vs Mia Goth
who's the better actor, versatility, quality movies featured, quality of directors worked with and awards or critical acclaim??

#VersusTuesdays

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
SOZINN:
Wonderful.

Lol, e don do ... Na don cook am enough for today. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
Seeing Bradley Cooper and Carey Mulligan names in one pic means one thing for me:

HOLY W!!!

This awards season is giving some promise.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
abduleez1:
Seeing Bradley Cooper and Carey Mulligan names in one pic means one thing for me:

HOLY W!!!

This awards season is giving some promise.
Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg are in the producers chair for this!!!

Fkkkk! Holy Smokes!... Another Best picture contender just entered the fray I'm afraid 😩😩😩🌟✌️
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Damian Chazelle's film budgets...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
oyaskii:
Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg are in the producers chair for this!!!

Fkkkk! Holy Smokes!... Another Best picture contender just entered the fray I'm afraid 😩😩😩🌟✌️

Bruv, we feeding good.

Best Picture and Director this year will be very interesting as it's most likely going to be contested by traditional names unlike this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Lol, Disney don renew subscription funds for new lamba campaign....

There's no universe where Indy 5 loses just $100mn and equal to the same amount as MI7.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ex0rrcist: 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Amuroba:
Yesterday, Deadwood Movie had me laughing all night. But you may not feel it, if you haven't watched the series. The movie is actually a sequel. Which i rate 9.6/10
Was it funny?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
This inspection is inspecting.... 😬😬🀐

#AClockworkOrange

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Oya reggae fans here join me and lets dance to The harder they fall soundtrack by koffee. The best track after encanto

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 12:02am On Aug 16, 2023
Dybala11:
The Nomad (2023)
3/10 abeg. Potholes abi na plot holes are too much to start with sef.
Imagine you as a female reporter was able to record a discover and even record a murderer really right in the act, while killing his victim with a hammer, yet your first act after escaping with your identity intact from the murder scene is to go and confront the murderer alone in his apartment for whatever reason?? I want to believe that there's no woman that's so dumb as to do that shit on this earth.
Secondly, towards the end of the movie, a colleague of the murderer was in the apartment of the murderer along with the reporter who has began an affair with the killer, during a fight the man strangled until she's unconscious and took her gun. After resuscitating her, both the reporter and that woman stayed in that apartment as they heard several gunshots from the murder killing people randomly on the street. A sane individual would have escaped from that scene at least or hide at worst, instead staying openly in the apartment and in the same position with the door unlocked, apart from the dialogue in that scene the only action taken was the reporter calling the cops before the man came back.
I was just laughing at myself for wasting my time to even watch this movie. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
cc: Xavier5.
and you watched till the end. You are a buffoon and nincompoop. You just made me waste my attention
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2023
A Clockwork Orange (1971)......8.5/10

It's a film about juvenile delinquency and extreme measures taken by the government to tame it. A dark and gritty theme of vicious cycle of control, choice, violence, vengeance and karma.
It had a unique dialogue with its flamboyant use of invented words or slangs (Nadsat).

Nice storytelling with the unique narrator style to drive the theme of the story. Gripping score.
Lots of gratuitous nudity and violence. Didn't expect this much nudity in the 70s especially when it's not an horror flick. Overall, I can see the reason why Stanley Kubrick's narrative style is praised till this day.

Can't help but notice how ladies with full sized bosoms were mostly used throughout the film. In this era we're in, it's mainly peanut sized bosoms we'd be left to consume. 🌚

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2023
abduleez1:
A Clockwork Orange (1971)......8.5/10

It's a film about juvenile delinquency and extreme measures taken by the government to tame it. A dark and gritty theme of vicious cycle of control, choice, violence, vengeance and karma.
It had a unique dialogue with its flamboyant use of invented words or slangs (Nadsat).

Nice storytelling with the unique narrator style to drive the theme of the story. Gripping score.
Lots of gratuitous nudity and violence. Didn't expect this much nudity in the 70s especially when it's not an horror flick. Overall, I can see the reason why Stanley Kubrick's narrative style is praised till this day.

Can't help but notice how ladies with full sized bosoms were mostly used throughout the film. In this era we're in, it's mainly peanut sized bosoms we'd be left to consume. 🌚
Now this is what I call a success. The movie cost 1.3 million to make and made 114 million dollars at the box office. Wow, just wow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
COBWEB --- 6.7/10

A simple, imperfect yet astonishingly horrifying movie. The most impressive or one of the most impressive element of the movie was it sound effects. Its sound effects did a hell of a job in portraying the horror of the movie, they added good, intense and terrifying horror energy to the movie. This is an elemnent lots of horror flick lacks.

Aside from the impressive horror sound effect, the performances of Anthony Starr and Lizzy Caplan were amazing. In addition, the plot was pretty interesting, it coursed harmoniously with its horror counterpart.

But anyways, the movie wasn't perfect, I personally feel it should have been better, but it was good.

HUNTED MANSION --- 5/10

This is what I will call a movie with a captivating comedy theme but terrible horror theme. Question I ask myself, was this movie even a horror movie? This movie could be passed out as an adventure, supernatural and comedy movie, attributing horror to it is an abomination. This is what one gets when you blend horror and comedy together.

For starters, what the fΓΌck is horror comedy? How do they correlate? How can a movie be horrifying and funny at the same time? Seriously, Hollywood needs to stop this shitty genre called horror comedy. Mixing comedy with horror is tantamount to mixing water with alcohol, it dilutes the horror and make its effect weak, it makes it laughable. How then can you call such horror? Well, except your targeted audience are kindergartens πŸ™„.

In this movie, scenes that were meant to be terrifying ended up being funny. How can one be laughing at a scene one is suppose to squirm with fright? The musical scores and sound effects made it worse, they weren't in anyway horrifying, rather fun and adventure centric. So much for a horror film. This movie has a good story but poor horror theme. If it was serious toned, it would have done a bang up job as a horror blockbuster.

Seriously, Disney should just stay the hell out of horror films and stick to their family friendly films instead of giving us this abomination. They should instead hand over horror to 20th Century Fox.

Now away from the sacrilegious horror theme of the movie, the comedy of the movie was top notch, a beauty to experience. This is one of the few comedy films where the comedy flowed seamlessly without any hassle. From the beginning to the end, I lost count of the times I reeled with laughter even in so called horrifying scenes.

One of the most funny scenes in the movie to me was where Madame Leota said, "I can show you what happened but..." Moment of silence. "It will cause you $3."
As if this wasn't hilarious enough, Bruce's "What!!?" reaction following that was rib cracking, his facial reaction was the final nail to the coffin. It was freaking funny. I don't think I will be forgetting that scene so soon.

Aside that, the exploration of the grief of Ben and Travis was nice.

The performances of the actors, especially Rosario Dawson, Lakeith Stanfield, Danny DeVito, and Tiffany Haddish (who took center stage with her flawless comic talent) were top notch. They added so much life to the movie.

I'm giving the movie 5/10 because it did well with its comedy theme but fΓΌcked the hell up in its horror department.

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL --- 8/10

A simple intriguing movie with a interesting plot twist, awesome musical scores, soft religious theme, and top notch performance by Nicholas Cage and Joel Kinnaman. It's a movie I will wholeheartedly recommend.

#Xavier

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2023

Scott Pilgrim Anime teaser trailer by Netflix

Animated by studio Science SARU

Till date I still haven't seen the movie. Apparently the anime retains the original movie cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompoD7V42DM
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
Now this is what I call a success. The movie cost 1.3 million to make and made 114 million dollars at the box office. Wow, just wow.

Many wildly successful movies were made in those days.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Wasn't expecting that.

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
It's looking good boys...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ignisaqua(f): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
abduleez1:

I woulda pick The Exorcist remake as my second cos I love religious horror more than anything but I haven't finished watching the original. πŸ™ƒ

Father amorth, Vatican tapes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Franklinezenwa, 8615go, Charmin1(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.