Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3814097 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3649) (3650) (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

That's where the gold at.... 😜πŸ€ͺ

Salute to the men of culture who all appreciated ms jadas generous aureolae in glorious 360p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

How you take know?? πŸ‘€πŸ§πŸ€”

I don't know what you're accusing of, I know I merely look at recreational educational stimulating movies. grin grin

The word my med school friends used to use was documentary grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ride On:

The first Jackie Chan movie I have ever watched in my life that I stopped in the middle and switched off my laptop with absolutely no intention of watching again. I actually enjoyed Hidden Strike more than Ride On. The only thing impressive about the movie is a 65 year old man still has so much energy end flexibility.

Ride On is about a washed out stunt man who is trying to make a come back to Chinawood with the intention of making enough money to pay back a debt that will stop creditors from confiscating and selling his beloved stallion. The problem is I don't know if Jackie's character Liu Lang is supposed to be an actor or a stuntsman, and we have the shitty English subtitle to blame for the confusion. While he is making a come back, he is also mending fences with his estranged daughter.

Is he able to save his horse and struggling career? I have no idea, I no finish am undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
The Little Mermaid (2023).......5.5/10

This movie was unimpressive and just average. Wasn't enthralling at all.
That Awkwafina needs to be stopped from showing up in more movies. Her voice and struggle to make things sound funny is ironically so unfunny and annoying.
Was just waiting for the movie to end quickly. Weak dialogue and inorganic believable acting and weak writing let it down.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

How you take know?? πŸ‘€πŸ§πŸ€”

I don't know what you're accusing of, I know I merely look at recreational educational stimulating movies. grin grin

I don't need to google the names to know that they are not conventional actresses. The fact that I have never heard of these people, yet you people are discussing them with so much glee tells me all I need to know. It is still from one of your WhatsApp group members that I first heard of Lexington Steel and I googled him. embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Salute to the men of culture who all appreciated ms jadas generous aureolae in glorious 360p

GADDAMN!!!!
A fellow connoisseur of Cinema. πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

I've exausted all her filmography. πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:
The Little Mermaid.......5.5/10

That Awkwafina needs to be stopped from showing up in more movies. Her voice and struggle to make things sound funny is ironically so unfunny and annoying.
Was just waiting for the movie to end quickly. Weak dialogue and inorganic believable acting and weak writing let it down.

The movie industry needs to move away from using a list actors in animated movies imho. Just drives up the cost.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

I don't need to google the names to know that they are not conventional actresses. The fact that I have never heard of these people, yet you people are discussing them with so much glee tells me all I need to know. It is still from one of your WhatsApp group members that I first heard of Lexington Steel and I googled him. embarassed

grin grin grin

A Legend HE IS.
Perfoming one of the most acrobatic iconic style of cinema on Cherokee D'ass. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:
The Little Mermaid.......5.5/10

Her character is a sea gull. Have you heard sea gulls screeching? Her voice was perfect for it- high pitched and grating on the nerves.

Apart from that, Disney sure needs to leave their classics alone instead of rewriting them and ruining our childhood memories of them. Prince Eric does not save Ariel, Ariel saves Prince Eric. That's rubbish.

And a Latina Snow White? Like seriously??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

grin grin grin

A Legend HE IS.
Perfoming one of the most acrobatic iconic style of cinema on Cherokee D'ass. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mscheeeeew. Smh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

*gasp* shocked

Glorious Gbola, I am shocked!!! embarassed shocked shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The movie industry needs to move away from using a list actors in animated movies imho. Just drives up the cost.

It's the 2023 live action movie I was reviewing... My bad. I shoulda out the release year since they're different projects. On the said film, I don't consider Hailey Bailey A-List in any ramification.

For animated films with killer cast, well guess they do that to improve the movie's exposure and awareness to the general public.
You know for animated it's the names they're only able to sell since they don't have the luxury of using faces to sell it.

Anyways, you have a point tho, cos for most animated films I rarely even know the actors portraying them or mix them up till I get to the credits and realise who's who. Except for a few actors I'm very familiar with their voice.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

Her character is a sea gull. Have you heard sea gulls screeching? Her voice was perfect for it- high pitched and grating on the nerves.

Apart from that, Disney sure needs to leave their classics alone instead of rewriting them and ruining our childhood memories of them. Prince Eric does not save Ariel, Ariel saves Prince Eric. That's rubbish.

And a Latina Snow White? Like seriously??

I know the character was intended to be annoying since they were depicting a goofball bird trying her darnedest to sing... I still hate her voice and it irks me with the stupid dialogues she's always presented in films.
She's now a typecast for el stupido annoying peachy voice characters. angry angry
I didn't even wait to read the cast list at the end of the movie but I know the annoying seagull is her voice.

Lol, wait till you hear and see the rubbish the actor Rachel Zeggler is saying about the movie in interviews.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse 7/10

Heart of Stone (2023) 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

I know the character was intended to be annoying since they were depicting a goofball bird trying her darnedest to sing... I still hate her voice and it irks me with the stupid dialogues she's always presented in films.
She's now a typecast for el stupido annoying peachy voice characters. angry angry
I didn't even wait to read the cast list at the end of the movie but I know the annoying seagull is her voice.

Lol, wait till you hear and see the rubbish the actor Rachel Zeggler is saying about the movie in interviews.
Oh I heard it and she was saying the "this isn't 1937" crap with a straight face.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

You still remembered his name.

Wait who is he sef, does he work in a steel factory

All these names you guys are calling, as a traditional man, I am not familiar with them grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
THEY CLONED TYRONE --- 5/10

My opinion, this is one hell of a polarize movie. Why? Well, on one hand, is a movie with an interesting sci-fi (cloning and mind control) theme and character arc. On the other hand is a messy and boring movie, seriously I can't tell the number of times I fell asleep or lost interest in the movie. It would have been a banger, if the producers had blended interestingness with the cool sci-fi theme and character arc in and of the movie, but unfortunately the opposite is the case.

But I won't pass on the fact that Jamie Foxx, John Boyega and Teyonah Parris actings were impressive, especially Jamie Foxx, he brought some life to the movie. I also love the fact the movie didn't portray and promote the whole victimization mindset possessed by lots of African Americans, and that lots of black movies tend to portray and promote, but rather showcased the world as it is, some white being racist by experimenting on blacks, and some blacks being malevolent by hurting and killing their fellow blacks... and others. Evil... moral evil has nothing to do with race but rather choice.

My take, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as an interesting movie, but rather with a disclaimer. You definitely or might get turn off.

WINNIE THE POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY --- 6.5/10

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is what I will call a digusting, controversial, annoying but impressive movie. Paradoxical right? Well, here's the catch.

Disgusting and controversial because of its concept, its concept of marring the image of Winnie the Pooh, a character that lots of people especially children love. How someone will think of turning a good natured, light-hearted, fun and adventurous character into a psychotic, vengeful, dark, gory, horrifying serial killer is beyond my comprehension. Why malign our Winnie the Pooh? What happened to creating a different character or a rip-off? Honestly, this is over the chart disgusting.

Annoying because of its fvcking annoying characters. These are characters that had multiple chances to escape but no, chose to be stupid. You find yourself in a life threatening situation and rather than run or defend yourself, you chose to waver, scream foolishly and engage in senseless dialogues. Honestly, those human characters deserved to be killed. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I'm not surprised the movie had massive negative critical reception all thanks to its controversial, disgusting and annoying nature, 2.9/10 on IMDb and 3% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Impressive due to its horror and gory theme (the movie was damn frightening and lethal), villain character arc especially for Pooh, and unexpected ending twist --- never saw that coming. Well, it's now known that the ending was to set the movie for a franchise... shared universe franchise. But I'm still lost on the absence of owl and rabbit, and why no explanation whatsoever was given.

Honestly, I'm surprise how a horror movie produced on a budget of $100K could be better than horror films with budgets of millions. Little wonder it performed tremendously, grossing $5.2M. Now that's a huge cash out. I'm not going to comment on the poor appearance of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet considering its budget. With such low budget, it will be crazy for anyone to expect an impressive appearance for Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Anyway, since they've set the movie up for a franchise, I would really love to see a sequel. This could be a or the competitor to Leatherface.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Arizoner: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Who has seen Jagun Jagun? Ishilove, kaycee7, octopusssy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Xavier5:
THEY CLONED TYRONE --- 5/10

My opinion, this is one hell of a polarize movie. Why? Well, on one hand, is a movie with an interesting sci-fi (cloning and mind control) theme and character arc. On the other hand is a messy and boring movie, seriously I can't tell the number of times I fell asleep or lost interest in the movie. It would have been a banger, if the producers had blended interestingness with the cool sci-fi theme and character arc in and of the movie, but unfortunately the opposite is the case.

But I won't pass on the fact that Jamie Foxx, John Boyega and Teyonah Parris actings were impressive, especially Jamie Foxx, he brought some life to the movie. I also love the fact the movie didn't portray and promote the whole victimization mindset possessed by lots of African Americans, and that lots of black movies tend to portray and promote, but rather showcased the world as it is, some white being racist by experimenting on blacks, and some blacks being malevolent by hurting and killing their fellow blacks... and others. Evil... moral evil has nothing to do with race but rather choice.

My take, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as an interesting movie, but rather with a disclaimer. You definitely or might get turn off.

WINNIE THE POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY --- 6.5/10

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is what I will call a digusting, controversial, annoying but impressive movie. Paradoxical right? Well, here's the catch.

Disgusting and controversial because of its concept, its concept of marring the image of Winnie the Pooh, a character that lots of people especially children love. How someone will think of turning a good natured, light-hearted, fun and adventurous character into a psychotic, vengeful, dark, gory, horrifying serial killer is beyond my comprehension. Why malign our Winnie the Pooh? What happened to creating a different character or a rip-off? Honestly, this is over the chart disgusting.

Annoying because of its fvcking annoying characters. These are characters that had multiple chances to escape but no, chose to be stupid. You find yourself in a life threatening situation and rather than run or defend yourself, you chose to waver, scream foolishly and engage in senseless dialogues. Honestly, those human characters deserved to be killed. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I'm not surprised the movie had massive negative critical reception all thanks to its controversial, disgusting and annoying nature, 2.9/10 on IMDb and 3% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Impressive due to its horror and gory theme (the movie was damn frightening and lethal), villain character arc especially for Pooh, and unexpected ending twist --- never saw that coming. Well, it's now known that the ending was to set the movie for a franchise... shared universe franchise. But I'm still lost on the absence of owl and rabbit, and why no explanation whatsoever was given.

Honestly, I'm surprise how a horror movie produced on a budget of $100K could be better than horror films with budgets of millions. Little wonder it performed tremendously, grossing $5.2M. Now that's a huge cash out. I'm not going to comment on the poor appearance of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet considering its budget. With such low budget, it will be crazy for anyone to expect an impressive appearance for Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Anyway, since they've set the movie up for a franchise, I would really love to see a sequel. This could be a or the competitor to Leatherface.

#Xavier
You are ranking that shitty, atrocious movie over They Cloned Tyrone?

Issokay.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
MetroLane:

You still remembered his name.

Wait who is he sef, does he work in a steel factory

All these names you guys are calling, as a traditional man, I am not familiar with them grin
He works in Ajaokuta Steel Factory. He is the factory manager
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

Issokay.

Perspective differs, and I've given my reasons 🀨. Besides, I'm not in the business of pleasing people with my reviews and ratings 😎.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Xavier5:

Perspective differs, and I've given my reasons 🀨. Besides, I'm not in the business of pleasing people with my reviews and ratings 😎.

Yes, I know, which was why my only comment is "issokay."

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
The Passenger:

A very strange movie with a very strange villain.

I can't post this movie without posting spoilers because the action begins from almost the very start, but I am forced to ask if Benson is a villain or an anti-hero. I am not quite certain where to place him. What thing I am sure of though, is that he has a lot of unresolved issues.

It is a very fine movie that proves you don't have to spend hundreds of millions to make a good movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
Arizoner:
Who has seen Jagun Jagun? Ishilove, kaycee7, octopusssy
Not yet but I hear the movie isn't all that. More hype than anything else
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Heart Of Stone (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ

Too femcentric. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Mother (2017) = 7.5/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

No movie has ever made me laugh so hard like this one.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
The Haunting Of Bly Manor S01 (2020) = 7/10 βœ”οΈβ€οΈ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ishilove:
Oshey! BreΓ st expert. Na you biko πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

On the contrary, I think the horror genre is having a rejuvenation and getting better storytelling and themes compared to the ones we've been fet for the past few decades.

Recent flicks like Nope, Barbarian, _X_, The Black Phone, Evil Dead Rise, US,[/b]etc. are quite good to great.

Yes, the bolded were good, including [b]Smile
, but the fact still remains that the number of good horror movies, are less in comparison to the overall number of horror movies release we have presently.

No be small bullet you dodge for that INSIDIOUS, just use your MB download another better movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
abduleez1:

I wan confirm something fess.... She truly open everything waa?? 🌚🌚

Curiosity they say killed the cat😁. After all the initial gra gra, I had to see the movie for myself.

It wasn't great, wasn't bad either. It had some very good laughs also. But if you are seeing the movie because you want to see Jennifer Lawrence run around in her birthday suit, be prepared to be disappointed and have your memory scarred. Let her better go and do bobby surgery.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
majesticguy:

Curiosity they say killed the cat😁. After all the initial gra gra, I had to see the movie for myself.

It wasn't great, wasn't bad either. It had some very good laughs also. But if you are seeing the movie because you want to see Jennifer Lawrence run around in her birthday suit, be prepared to be disappointed and have your memory scarred. Let her better go and do bobby surgery.
Na I loved the boobs bro, natural and standing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

Issokay.

He's working for The Man grin

If you enjoyed they cloned tyrone, then you need to re-watch undercover brother ( the colonels chicken) and black dynamite

They Cloned Tyrone had strong Truman show vibes. I kept struggling to place the timeline the movie was in. 70s cars, GSM phones, a whole mix of clothing from 70s to 2000s.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3649) (3650) (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Barrywhyte1(m), joseph1832(m), phr0nesis(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.