Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,395 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773750 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3663) (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2023
GloriousGbola:

runtimes getdataback has always worked for me

but you will need a second drive to copy the files to.
Chief, i did considered it but i didn't know if it will work since it only works when the HDD is already in a recognised file system, NTFS, FAT, ExFat etc.

This particular HDD was just showing "RAW and Unallocated" in Disk management, and the only way Windows could recognise it was if I formatted into a recognised file system.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2023
GloriousGbola:

runtimes getdataback has always worked for me

but you will need a second drive to copy the files to.

also download and install crystaldiskinfo

run it once a week it will let you know the state of your disks

one of my drives dey drop warning
lol i get "Hard disk sentinel" pro that i use to use to check my drives Health, but lately i have been lazy to check them since they never actually leave my workstation and i believe since the usage route is short, they would always be in Good health!

On Windows 11 latest build now, and it's quite appalling that Microsoft has never bothered to improve hard drive management and health since WIN 7 days.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2023
oyaskii:
The way he dey play the tortured soul dey fear me, he no even dey try hard, it just comes naturally to him. Makes me believe that is how he actually is in real life.

When he got that Oscar, instead of happy speech, baba just dey melancholy dey talk about Animal rights 😩😩.

Anyways, i am showing up for any of his flicks tho, these method maniac like him totally gets what acting and methods is about, fascinating stuff 🤏

Omo, that Oscar speech that year I bow. Wey I dey expect joy for all the trash DC been enduring the past few years Baba dey talk animal cruelty.
Stumbled on his bio yesterday and saw he's a vegan, animal rights activist and rarely gives interviews. He has a lovely partner in Rooney Mara tho. Na wetin make me run go download her film especially when I see Cate Blanchett there — Carol.

I no dey take Phoenix films play. Na the 3hrs for Beau is Afraid dey currently fear me to start am.
The quality of direction he's working with for his upcoming films sef ehn na killer list.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2023
More WB delays.... undecided undecided

Favourable date for LOTR: War of the Rohirrim tho. The traditional LOTR dates.

Now everyone can see how the strike partly wrecked #BlueBeetle debut. No cast could promote it. embarassed

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2023
March is a death race....

Some would be moved tho.

Modified: @ Oyaskii, I'm beginning to see why this date is bad news. The competition that month na die and The Batman didn't have this potent lineup. And the fact that it's way off of awards season means it's chances of remaining in the conversation becomes Slimer. So this might be an actual GOOF at the 2025 Oscars. Unless, this miraculously pulls an Everything Everywhere All At Once and a box office juggernaut.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2023
Horrible Bosses 2
Lol (rolls on the floor into the gutter)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2023
This delay dey touch my soul sha.... 😭😭😭

Oppenheimer now has free pass to win ALL the technical awards.

Best VFX
Best Score
Best Director
Best Costume Design
Best Cinematography
Best Production Design
Best Adapted Screenplay

This is painful. 😐😐

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Omo, that Oscar speech that year I bow. Wey I dey expect joy for all the trash DC been enduring the past few years Baba dey talk animal cruelty.
Stumbled on his bio yesterday and saw he's a vegan, animal rights activist and rarely gives interviews. He has a lovely partner in Rooney Mara tho. Na wetin make me run go download her film especially when I see Cate Blanchett there — Carol.

I no dey take Phoenix films play. Na the 3hrs for Beau is Afraid dey currently fear me to start am.
The quality of direction he's working with for his upcoming films sef ehn na killer list.
Wait, Carol no be that lesbo erotic film wey Cate blanchett wan leave her husband follow younger woman?? 👀👀🤤.

lol Beau is Afraid na another gem, but Ari Aster mad man, i get headache trying to understand it 😩, but JP was flawless in it, same exact melancholic role. I would like to see what he does in "Napoleon".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Some would be moved tho.

Modified: @ Oyaskii, I'm beginning to see why this date is bad news. The competition that month na die and The Batman didn't have this potent lineup. And the fact that it's way off of awards season means it's chances of remaining in the conversation becomes Slimer. So this might be an actual GOOF at the 2025 Oscars. Unless, this miraculously pulls an Everything Everywhere All At Once and a box office juggernaut.
I dey you. March is such an unnatural month to release a flick. But DUNE PART 2 is easily the biggest title currently slated for 03/24 and i think it will thrive, the oscar buzz might be a little bit lower, since it will be almost a year till it is available for a win!.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2023
Fvvk!!! And I was hoping this film would flop or underperform cos of Dune 2. 😭😭🥲

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2023
tubabs2002:
See person wey him brain dey work well. mumu like you, why you no upload am since you get am since?

You just sitdown early morning untop itel phone dey type nonsense. Na you wey dey sensible dey loose access to email ?

You just dey yarn dust, i no get your tym

You wan judge me by phone wey I dey use grin

Why you no post the link since August 8 na

See as the adult cow dey Happy because of download link.....See screenshot, you mean say since August 8 you never still stream the movie, come online this morning come dey yarn akpata.....You for go Filming location go watch am na.....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
*stares at fourth image...

Holy Molly!!!

My own reaction was Daaaaaaaamn😩

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2023
oyaskii:
I dey you. March is such an unnatural month to release a flick. But DUNE PART 2 is easily the biggest title currently slated for 03/24 and i think it will thrive, the oscar buzz might be a little bit lower, since it will be almost a year till it is available for a win!.

Yeah, Dune 2 will most likely fare better than all of them but I woulda loved a $1bn from it. At least 3 of those movies there will move.
Na that Oscars dey fear me. That shit affected The Batman that gave the Academy the effrontery to remove it from Best Cinematography and Best Score category nominations.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Past Lives 8.5/10

*Medium spoilers:

Synopsis:
Nora and Hae Sung, two deeply connected childhood friends/lovers, are wrest apart after Nora's family emigrates from South Korea. Decades later, they are reunited for one fateful week as they confront destiny, love and the choices that make a life.

Short review:
I'm not a romantic movie fan. I'll say this.
This movie is more of a mature romance, and it isn't even what I'll tag as a romantic movie. Because the focus of the movie wasn't on romance.

In fact the interactions between the characters are more of awkward than romantic...
There is a clear connection, but also a clear wall that cannot be broken...

I believe it dealt more with character choices, paths taken and dreams of other lifetimes even though we only get one...or at least only have memories of one...
It focuses on what we have become and what we have left behind to become what we are now...

I also believe this movie will resonate even more with people who miss people or parts of their "childhood" they have left behind to focus on their present lives. (And childhood doesn't just mean their adolescent age...but also moments in the past that they miss but had to leave behind)

However the first thing I did like and notice about this movie is how realistic it is. It didn't go by the usual: "they're fated so they end up together...blablabla" that Romantic movies tend to follow to "satisfy the audience".

I don't know if I've said this before...but I'm not a very big fan of "satisfactory endings"....I would rather have "realistic endings".

One of the major beauty of this movie are the things left unsaid by the characters. Even in the many moments of silence, but you the viewer and the characters would think about "what could have been?" "What if x had happened instead?" "What if circumstances were different?" etc

After meeting for the first time in 20+ years, they realize that maybe they were fated to be together in another lifetime...
But in this lifetime, they both had different lives which couldn't be left behind...

As they said: they were kids when they separated 24 years ago. They were still kids when they hooked up online 12 years ago...
But now they are adults....

That is they had a different life to live. They had a different path to take. Even though they could have had a great love story by coming together once more, they understood they wouldn't do that...

But maybe somewhere, in some past life, they were also connected, and in that timeline, they could have been something else...
They could have been together, dated, married, even broken-up etc...

But they would never know....

Btw I have to say that Nora's husband was really understanding. He did have his moments of jealousy but he understood her and let her settle her childhood score so she could focus on her present life
They made the most realistic video conversation I've ever seen on screen, their conversation were just so authentic not filled with really scripted dialogue and the actress was just to good for the role; the best part of the movie was when they weren't even talking esp the train ride scene where they were just staring at each other
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2023
oyaskii:
Wait, Carol no be that lesbo erotic film wey Cate blanchett wan leave her husband follow younger woman?? 👀👀🤤.

Yes na im. grin grin I don start am yesterday night but I never still see action.
Cos of am I go create new watchlist. 😂😂

lol Beau is Afraid na another gem, but Ari Aster mad man, i get headache trying to understand it 😩, but JP was flawless in it, same exact melancholic role. I would like to see what he does in "Napoleon".

I go soon watch am.

The trailer of NAPOLEON gave me goosebumps. Epic war thriller movie. Putting Joyless Phoenix for that role na tactical masterclass. I believe it'd be more nuanced than his previous roles than just plain outright melancholy.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2023
At least Aquaman 2 sensibly kept its date.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Yes na im. grin grin I don start am yesterday night but I never still see action.
Cos of am I go create new watchlist. 😂😂

I go soon watch am.

The trailer of NAPOLEON gave me goosebumps. Epic war thriller movie. Putting Joyless Phoenix for that role na tactical masterclass. I believe it'd be more nuanced than his previous roles than just plain outright melancholy.

Omo bro movies wey you never watch plenty grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2023
Share 4 pics that expose your taste in women:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2023
[quote author=Kaycee7 post=125346712][/quote]

Hmmm, premium list.... But shey Kelly Rowland don act film before or regularly. grin

E be like say I go revise my list cos I no know say Nollywood is allowed. 😂😂🥲
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2023
pu7pl3:

Omo bro movies wey you never watch plenty grin grin

Like mad.... grin grin
If I dey see my watchlist na tears I go dey sometimes. And the list dey always increase. 😭😭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Hmmm, premium list.... But shey Kelly Rowland don act film before or regularly. grin

E be like say I go revise my list cos I no know say Nollywood is allowed. 😂😂🥲
She has some acting credits, mostly cameos. Didn't know it was an actresses list. I'll replace her.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2023
Kaycee7:
She has some acting credits, mostly cameos. Didn't know it was an actresses list. I'll replace her.

I know she's in some cameos that's why I dey ask regularly, like credible screentime or a single lead act like JLo.

If na singers list... Surely my girls Megan Thee Stallion & Doja Cat must enter that place and Chloe Bailey. grin grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2023
Share 4 Pics That Exposes your taste in Women

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2023
MetroLane:
I bet you always take your coffee black grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2023
Kaycee7:
I bet you always take your coffee black grin

Always.... grin

You know the saying---- Once you go black......

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Manofsteel2013(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2023
cao:
Google is still your friend.
what of you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2023
Share 4 pics that expose your taste in women:

Since Nollywood and pure looks & sex appeal is allowed, this list just got updated.... grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2023
MetroLane:

Guuuuyyyyy..... Correct 💯. grin grin

You thief Megan Good from me sha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Since Nollywood and pure looks & sex appeal is allowed, this list just got updated.... grin

The last girl in this list is all makeup. Just check her pictures without makeup, na you go use your hand delete this picture from the list 😂😂🤣🤣. Unless you choose her because of the boobs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2023
majesticguy:

The last girl in this list is all makeup. Just check her pictures without makeup, na you go use your hand delete this picture from the list 😂😂🤣🤣. Unless you choose her because of the boobs.

Boobs is the only way broooo. grin grin

She's not bad even without makeup. You probably just don't like her facial structure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Guuuuyyyyy..... Correct 💯. grin grin
You thief Megan Good from me sha.
No vex my boss, it's very hard not to love Meagan Good grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Some would be moved tho.

This film list is trouble. Just that Kung Fu panda 4 is enough trouble for it talkless of the others. All it's past three films have always been mostly acclaimed by critics and does well at the box office. March's competition may be truly bad news for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3663) (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.