Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,746 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733788 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
THE LAST VOYAGE OF THE DEMETER --- 7/10

I have to admit, this is the best Dracula movie I've ever seen. Its actings, emotional weight, horror theme, cliffhanger, musical scores and climax tension were enormously pleasant.

Honestly, I would very much love to see a sequel, but unfortunately that won't be feasible due to the poor box office performance of the movie, but I do hope Universal Pictures and DreamWorks will give us a sequel as a Peacock series. The story arc that has begun definitely needs to be completed, not abandoned. It would be unpleasant and tragic to sweep such interesting story under the carpet.

#Xavier

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
Xavier5:

I have to admit, this is the best Dracula movie I've ever seen. Its actings, emotional weight, horror theme, cliffhanger, musical scores and climax tension were enormously pleasant.

Honestly, I would very much love to see a sequel, but unfortunately that won't be feasible due to the poor box office performance of the movie, but I do hope Universal Pictures and DreamWorks will give us a sequel as a Peacock series. The story arc that has begun definitely needs to be completed, not abandoned. It would be unpleasant and tragic to sweep such interesting story under the carpet.
#Xavier
High sea or cinema?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
The terminator (1984) 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
David Fincher has been my favourite director for the past year.... Top tier filmography.

The Killer smells good. πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‰

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Xavier5:
THE PASSENGER --- 2/10

One sentence, movie with potentials but unfortunately was ruined by a confusing and senseless plot. Like, what was the essence of the film?

* Okay, you killed people in a restaurant where you work, and you decided to abduct a fellow worker whose life you spared. Shouldn't the essence of that be to persuade him to keep shut and not rat you out, and also flee from the police? But no, rather we have a case of Benson (the killer) just moving around from place to place causing mayhem.

* Since one of the aim of the abduction is too flee from the police, shouldn't that be done quietly? Then why the assaults and shootings? Why bring unnecessary attention to yourself? Aside that, why move around town when you should have move out of town?

* What happened between Benson and Mr Shepherd back in the days to warrant an assault and murder on and of the latter by the former in the present? What happened? How come that wasn't shown or told? Was that not an incomplete story arc?

* What was the need of abducting Patricia? She didn't know you killed her boss, Mr Shepherd? She only got a call about his assault and death, and asked an innocent question regarding if you knew something about it. Rationality demands you just say no, give a convincing body language, and walk off, but no, you decided to abduct her also. What the fΓΌck! What was the need... the essence?

Of what use were the unnecessary dramas in the movie? What are the rationality behind them? To be candid, the movie was unnecessary, the plot was a total wack job.

#Xavier
See as you dropped spoilers with reckless abandon.

Be that as it may, psychopaths are not exactly known for their rationality, so panning the movie because of the irrationality of a mentally unsound individual makes me question your taste in movies.

We shall agree to disagree

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
πŸŽ₯ It Comes At Night (2017) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Fargo S01-5 (2014 - 2023) = 8/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Lana1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
Greenland
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
Happy birthday to Legendary director David Fincher... I'm actually surprised he's yet to win an Oscar.

Hard to choose my fave films from his filmography...I'll pick three:

Se7en
Zodiac
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

What's yours??

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
Xavier5:

#Xavier

Please where did you download this from
I've been anticipating this movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
πŸŽ₯ It (2017) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ 🎈

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier55(m): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
pu7pl3:

ShaqFu:
High sea or cinema?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier55(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
Octopusssy:

See as you dropped spoilers with reckless abandon.

Be that as it may, psychopaths are not exactly known for their rationality, so panning the movie because of the irrationality of a mentally unsound individual makes me question your taste in movies.

We shall agree to disagree

This is laughable.

For starters, yes, psychopaths are irrational in their acts and intentions, but some are rational in their scheming and execution.

Secondly, this is a movie, it's a story that's being told, and common sense demands the storyline is rational. If the aim is to portray an irrational psychopath, there must be a plot device to explain that off in other to avoid plotholes or plot senselessness e.g having a dialogue where Randy questions Benson (the killer) about his irrational moves ever since the murder of which Benson will either turn down the question or admit that he's acting based on emotions or instinct. With this you eliminate the irrationality of the plot.

But that was wasn't the case in the movie. So it's funny how you will object to my criticism of the movie regarding its senseless plot on the ground of, "Psychopath are not exactly rational."

My criticism is not base on the rationality or irrationality of psychopaths, but on the irrationality of the movie's plot.

As for the spoilers, well if that affects you or anybody here, then my apologies 😎.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
abduleez1:
Aquaman 2 not among, sure that movie is going to get released this year?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
[quote author=Xavier55 post=125422748][/quote]

Dem go soon ban this one join tooπŸ˜’
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier55(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
pu7pl3:

Dem go soon ban this one join tooπŸ˜’

You're welcome πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹πŸ˜

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Xavier55:

CAMrip.... undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Aquaman 2 not among, sure that movie is going to get released this year?

It's confirmed for this year.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier55(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
abduleez1:

CAMrip.... undecided

You dey find quality for movie wey never reach two weeks for cinema? πŸ˜‚. Go cinema, that's the sure deal πŸ™ƒ.

People dey wey no send Camrip or standard version sha, as far as dem watch the film. To them, film na film irrespective of the quality πŸ˜‚.

#Xavier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whizzyjohn(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
Watch WURA
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Lana1(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lana1:
Greenland
Great movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:55am On Aug 29, 2023
Xavier55:
na simple question I ask you oh. 😁🀦
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2023
ShaqFu:
High sea or cinema?
pu7pl3:

You can feast now.
No mind Xavier

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier55(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2023
WHAT COMES AROUND --- 6/10

A watchable movie about emotional hurt, obsession, stalking, teenage naveity, revenge, pedophilic desires, consequences, and letting go.

#Xavier

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Manofsteel2013(m): 10:14am On Aug 29, 2023
Kung fu cult master. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Manofsteel2013(m): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2023
Samoranopapa:
Papa Ajasco
keep it up!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Manofsteel2013:
Kung fu cult master. cheesy
How can I get this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Manofsteel2013(m): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2023
Emekus92:
How can I get this movie
i don't know oo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MonicaSmith: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2023
Lucy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2023
Emekus92:

How can I get this movie
Here you go. It is YT, so you a downloader to get it if you prefer not to stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=627EXN_zzjY?si=9gLZ8-G0pUDwJiTX

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.