Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774596 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) (3670) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:
Fvvk it!! Now Oppenheimer has more chances of monopolizing the Oscars.

I'm hoping and think Napoleon would keep it's date. DUNE Part 2 would have offered stiff competition for Best VFX, Director, Score and Adapted Screenplay.
Anyways hoping Napoleon and Killers of the Flower Moon turns up.
To think Oppenheimer could have been produced by Warner bros if not for the disagreement over budget costs with Nolan and Cillian Murphy. 😢. Well I still hope it scoops all the awards cause of Nolan. My best flick this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Yes na im. grin grin I don start am yesterday night but I never still see action.
Cos of am I go create new watchlist. 😂😂

I go soon watch am.

The trailer of NAPOLEON gave me goosebumps. Epic war thriller movie. Putting Joyless Phoenix for that role na tactical masterclass. I believe it'd be more nuanced than his previous roles than just plain outright melancholy.
Rooney also played a bisexual in "A girl with the dragon tattoo" opposite Daniel Craig (I still prefer the Polish version though), can't believe you've been sleeping on her,girl's got acting chops than her sister. I can see how her and Joaquin being together,their personalities are completely lackluster (her and her sister rarely smile and have been called the sad sisters by the media) and she's also a vegan

Add Kate Winslet and Saiorse Ronan's Ammonite to the list,that sex scene is da bomb,the first movie Kate went completely nude in 27 years,yep....since Titanic and unlike The mountain between us,aunty show us everything and Kate is 19 years older than Saiorse so sweet milf vibes

Yorgos Lanthimos's The Favorite was another hot flick between Emma Stone and Olivia Coleman,Oliver won an Oscar for this role and she was the one who presented Joaquin Phoenix with his own the next year

Portrait of a lady on fire was a complete let down,these two beautiful women and the helmer said hell NO to "satisfying the male gaze",still a hot sensual movie non the less

At least,Anne Hathaway and my all time crush Jodie Turner Smith will be starring in a lesbian flick,fingers crossed on them to bring the house down. Anne also did a Bvlgari commercial with Zendaya,the whole thing screamed sugar mama and sugar baby vibes.

Abeg no come for my head oooo,man go b man,I can't help but sexualize these hot chicks getting it on

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
3.5 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

To think Oppenheimer could have been produced by Warner bros if not for the disagreement over budget costs with Nolan and Cillian Murphy. 😢. Well I still hope it scoops all the awards cause of Nolan. My best flick this year.

I don't think it's mainly cos of budget costs. The WB fight with Nolan was cos of their day and date release strategy of 2021 and you know how vocal Nolan hated that shït back then. He's a strong advocate for everything cinema.

WB almost always gives Nolan what he wants. That's the reason TENET was released in 2020 deep inside the pandemic when no other studio dare released movies in theatres until the next year. Also why the film had a lengthy theatrical window before hitting streaming.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Yes na im. grin grin I don start am yesterday night but I never still see action.
Cos of am I go create new watchlist. 😂😂

I go soon watch am.

The trailer of NAPOLEON gave me goosebumps. Epic war thriller movie. Putting Joyless Phoenix for that role na tactical masterclass. I believe it'd be more nuanced than his previous roles than just plain outright melancholy.
lmaoo...i see am am say you dey you erotic phase 👀😂😂.

Add "Becks" (2017) and "Disobedience" (2018) to your list. An indie gem and Totally in the same vein with those on your list.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
Palehair:

Rooney also played a bisexual in "A girl with the dragon tattoo" opposite Daniel Craig (I still prefer the Polish version though), can't believe you've been sleeping on her,girl's got acting chops than her sister. I can see how her and Joaquin being together,their personalities are completely lackluster (her and her sister rarely smile and have been called the sad sisters by the media) and she's also a vegan

I've watched The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. Plan to watch the Swedish versions with Noomi Rapace.
Yep, I know she's a talented actress and some of her movies. Saw her recently in Women Talking and Nightmare Alley. Didn't know about her sister.

Add Kate Winslet and Saiorse Ronan's Ammonite to the list,that sex scene is da bomb,the first movie Kate went completely nude in 27 years,yep....since Titanic and unlike The mountain between us,aunty show us everything and Kate is 19 years older than Saiorse so sweet milf vibes
Yeah, Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan were the shit that year. I haven't watched the movie and wanted to that year, 2021 or so I think. But I wasn't so into indie films and slowburns as I am now. So I chickened out and didn't watch. I was trying to remember the name when I was curating that list but left it for later when I'm seriously planning to clear the list. Saoirse is one prime mad talented actress too. Don't know why she's stuck with indie fare. She's one talent that should have broken into mainstream Hollywood and headlining blockbusters by now. I'm anticipating something like that with this her upcoming movie FOE.
I'm struggling to remember the other indie fare actress in recent memory that broke into the A-List and it's only Margot Robbie I can think of.

Yorgos Lanthimos's The Favorite was another hot flick between Emma Stone and Olivia Coleman,Oliver won an Oscar for this role and she was the one who presented Joaquin Phoenix with his own the next year
I might look into this.

Portrait of a lady on fire was a complete let down,these two beautiful women and the helmer said hell to "satisfying the male gaze",still a hot sensual movie non the less
I heard stuff about this movie. Maybe na to watch the original.

At least,Anne Hathaway and my all time crush Jodie Turner Smith will be starring in a lesbian flick,fingers crossed on them to bring the house down. Anne also did a Bvlgari commercial with Zendaya,the whole thing screamed sugar mama and sugar baby vibes.

Abeg no come for my head oooo,man go b man,I can't help but sexualize these hot chicks getting it on

Can't wait to see Anne Hathaway in a premium sensual movie. I don dey fantasize am dey wait since.

Guy no fear. We all know many of us have sexual fantasies of our favourite actresses. We no dey shame for here. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dybala11:

I believe the song wasn't appropriate for that scene o. Playing Zombie in a scene placed in the rural area of a French speaking country. This people and their woke nonsense want to jump on the black lives blah blah blah every times. 😂😂😂😂😂

What's wrong with the music? So an elderly female english speaking Senegalese can not love Fela Kuti's song, or a radio station can not play Fela Kuti's song if they're doing a trans-lingual or trans-national music program. You guys should not get me started. I see no reason to be finding fault where there's none.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Her

As of the late 2010s to the early 2020s,there are only four movies that I personally can say captured Loneliness to the tea which are "The whale" "The Lobster" "The lighthouse" and "Her". What separates Her from the trio is that it expands on the forms of loneliness especially in a future setting which sadly humans are heading to with various plugs that we have in today's society to pump us high on endorphins,I can only pray and hope for how the future will look like. Big ups to Joaquin for capturing the spirit of Theo even if a lot of people said he was playing his joyless self and ScarJo even as just a voice fills the room with her sensual energy

One thing I adore about the movie was the vibrant use of colors not just in the cinematography but everywhere especially the color Red that could be a metaphor for most of Theo's feelings

I also loved that Jonze made the character a white man which according to statistics say are the loneliest demographic in today's world

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
oyaskii:

Add "Becks" (2017) and "Disobedience" (2018) to your list. An indie gem and Totally in the same vein with those on your list.

I saw Disobedience yesterday during my curation. Now Added to the list. 😎👌
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
The way sensually charged movies dey collect bookings for next year ehn.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

I've watched The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. Plan to watch the Swedish versions with Noomi Rapace.
Yep, I know she's a talented actress and some of her movies. Saw her recently in Women Talking and Nightmare Alley. Didn't know about her sister.

Yeah, Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan were the shit that year. I haven't watched the movie and wanted to that year, 2021 or so I think. But I wasn't so into indie films and slowburns as I am now. So I chickened out and didn't watch. I was trying to remember the name when I was curating that list but left it for later when I'm seriously planning to clear the list. Saoirse is one prime mad talented actress too. Don't know why she's stuck with indie fare. She's one talent that should have broken into mainstream Hollywood and headlining blockbusters by now. I'm anticipating something like that with this her upcoming movie FOE.
I'm struggling to remember the other indie fare actress in recent memory that broke into the A-List and it's only Margot Robbie I can think of.

I might look into this.

I heard stuff about this movie. Maybe na to watch the original.

Can't wait to see Anne Hathaway in a premium sensual movie. I don dey fantasize am dey wait since.

Guy no fear. We all know many of us have sexual fantasies of our favourite actresses. We no dey shame for here. grin grin grin
Glad I'm not the only one grin grin

Rooney has a sister,Kate Mara that's also talented but she don't know how to pick her projects because she's been bouncing from flop to flop,I was even introduced to her before Rooney when she appeared in American horror story
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
oyaskii:

I can't believe I forgot Disobedience lol,apart from the charms of the Rachels,it was a solid story

It's like Rachel and her husband are in living their same sex fantasies through their art. I mean the first project Daniel Craig took when he was released from "Bond"age was to follow his wife's route and shoot a steamy homoerotic movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:
The way sensually charged movies dey collect bookings for next year ehn.... grin grin
Emerald Fennell is one director I'm looking forward to. I loved Promising young woman and Killing Eve. From the story,Saltburn is giving me The talented Mr Ripley vibes and from what the steaminess I'm hearing, it's going to be "Blue is the warmest color" but with two men directed by a woman
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
I don't really know about this. Stunning visuals and a stellar cast that brought nothing but zest to their performances especially Mila who surprised me with her performance as a jaded villain scorned but the direction and plot could use a little tweak.

I love Raimi for stepping out of his horror zone and sometimes it creates magic(the spiderman trilogy) but this just wasn't one of them. Despite being known for his horror field,it felt like he was playing it safe and I give him props because it's like telling Nolan to direct a musical lol.

Tim Burton would've been a better fit for director as his creativity is all whimsical and magical and he has a bursting relationship with Disney so I wonder how he didn't even make their roaster

If Universal's Wicked can bring Frank Baum's Oz to life next year better than Disney's which I trust it will,it will be a huge slap on "the most magical studio" on earth

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
pu7pl3:
Shotgun Wedding- Jlo is soo fvcking hot 🔥 Gadamn.
Josh Duhamel and Chris Pine have to be from the same parents cos...

Overall just a fun movie after a hectic day.
That's stifler's mom in the first pix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

I don't think it's mainly cos of budget costs. The WB fight with Nolan was cos of their day and date release strategy of 2021 and you know how vocal Nolan hated that shït back then. He's a strong advocate for everything cinema.

WB almost always gives Nolan what he wants. That's the reason TENET was released in 2020 deep inside the pandemic when no other studio dare released movies in theatres until the next year. Also why the film had a lengthy theatrical window before hitting streaming.
Well warner bros recovered well financially with barbie but if it and Barbie premiered at the dates warner wanted both might not have made the big bank it's currently enjoying now. But I'm glad Nolan was still able to work his magic with despite the door disagreements.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Boobs is the only way broooo. grin grin

She's not bad even without makeup. You probably just don't like her facial structure.

😂😂.. Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder.. No be she be dis??

Forget those kind Bobbi oo, the moment you unwrap the gala from the nylon na you go run. The Olympus no fall, e don scatter.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
oyaskii:
123 chief

Thanks Boss. I downloaded it and ran the software, I couldn't detect the external HDD. I guess it's gone. I used it for 10 years before it crashed, it didn't fall, it just crashed. I guess I have to download everything again 😭😭.

Thanks all the same, I really appreciate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Xavier5:

What's wrong with the music? So an elderly female english speaking Senegalese can not love Fela Kuti's song, or a radio station can not play Fela Kuti's song if they're doing a trans-lingual or trans-national music program. You guys should not get me started. I see no reason to be finding fault where there's none.

#Xavier
Translingual programme on a radio station in a French speaking country, please mention a translingual programme on any of our national radio stations done in French that you know. Just one please? 🙏🙏🙏
You should have told us to overlook it and take it as it is apart from the translingual programme in Senegal?? 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Nope. Wetin sup??
They got married years ago, then the husband started divorce proceedings against the wife without her knowledge in another country they went to and got the divorce, kept quiet and continued to play the role of the perfect husband. About 2 decades later the truth came out when the wife wanted a divorce, and the wife sued the man to court asking the court to nullify the initial divorce done without her knowledge, as she won't receive shishi if the court didn't do that. She won't be qualified to receive spousal benefits as the marriage didn't reach a certain number of years as specified by the law. You can't divorce the same woman twice when you were only married once. So the man was using the woman as a roommate/sex mate for 20 years, while the woman thought she's the wife. 😂😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
majesticguy:

😂😂.. Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder.. No be she be dis??

Forget those kind Bobbi oo, the moment you unwrap the gala from the nylon na you go run. The Olympus no fall, e don scatter.

More like in the eyes of the beerholder grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dybala11:

Translingual programme on a radio station in a French speaking country, please mention a translingual programme on any of our national radio stations done in French that you know. Just one please? 🙏🙏🙏
You should have told us to overlook it and take it as it is apart from the translingual programme in Senegal?? 😂😂😂😂😂

How many radio stations do you know? Even if I mention such program how will you know? If you must know, I've listened to songs in foreign languages on a Nigerian radio station before.

Aside that, we have multiple options here;

* That could be a song played by an elderly Senagalase who was a lover of Fela's songs.

* Another angle, this is fiction, and in fiction you create your world. So nothing stops the filmmaker from creating a trans-lingual or trans-national music radio program. If you have issues with this, then you should have issues with the entire movie, cos for all I know, The Heart and The Charter doesn't exist. So yeah, the whole movie is bull shit and unrealistic 😏.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
Xavier5:

How many radio stations do you know? Even if I mention such program how will you know? If you must know, I've listened to songs in foreign languages on a Nigerian radio station before.

Aside that, we have multiple options here;

* That could be a song played by an elderly Senagalase who was a lover of Fela's songs.

* Another angle, this is fiction, and in fiction you create your world. So nothing stops the filmmaker from creating a trans-lingual or trans-national music radio program. If you have issues with this, then you should have issues with the entire movie, cos for all I know, The Heart and The Charter doesn't exist. So yeah, the whole movie is bull shit and unrealistic 😏.

#Xavier
I agree with this your last statement sha, but at least make it a bit more believable na. Don't forget that the location of that particular scene is a rural/remote part of the country in that movie. We move though.
I've started to watch Ahsoka series, and I have one question that I want to ask you guys o. Abeg in the star wars universe, how is it possible for all species human inclusive to breathe in all parts of the universe even in space without using any breathing apparatus?? Abi make I just accept am laidat as per SciFi series. 😌😌😌😌😌
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dybala11:

I agree with this your last statement sha, but at least make it a bit more believable na. Don't forget that the location of that particular scene is a rural/remote part of the country in that movie. We move though.
I've started to watch Ahsoka series, and I have one question that I want to ask you guys o. Abeg in the star wars universe, how is it possible for all species human inclusive to breathe in all parts of the universe even in space without using any breathing apparatus?? Abi make I just accept am laidat as per SciFi series. 😌😌😌😌

They are only able to breathe in;

* Planets that support life, that is, life inhabited planets.
* Planets where there are no lives but that have Oxygen..
* Space ships and space centers. This structures have in built Oxygen Chambers that allows for the flow of Oxygen in them.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Xavier5:

They are only able to breathe in;

* Planets that support life, that is, life inhabited planets.
* Planets where there are no lives but that have Oxygen..
* Space ships and space centers. This structures have in built Oxygen Chambers that allows for the flow of Oxygen in them.

#Xavier
There was a scene in Ahsoka where a smaller ship docked in an open area in another bigger ship, I mean the docking area was opened to the outside while they were in space. Guess what, none of them were using a breathing apparatus bro, or are you saying that oxygen was supplied to the open area too??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dybala11:

There was a scene in Ahsoka where a smaller ship docked in an open area in another bigger ship, I mean the docking area was opened to the outside while they were in space. Guess what, none of them were using a breathing apparatus bro, or are you saying that oxygen was supplied to the open area too??

Maybe the Oxygen from the Oxygen chamber was also been supplied there too. Since it's within the ship, and the dock is only opened temporarily for a few minutes for ships to land, I guess that's the rational explanation.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Beautiful VFX, beautiful cinematography, beautiful actions, but knowing Zack Snyder, I'm not going to say anything regarding the plot. Till December 22nd. Zack being Zack with his dark tone and noir style directing.

Definitely a competitor to Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, Avatar and Halo, not cinematically of course, but franchise wise.

But only God knows the amount of slow motions that will be present in this movie. Zack being Zack, that's inevitable, I will definitely be keeping count. I'm already seeing slow motions from the trailer.

#Xavier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Xavier5:

Maybe the Oxygen from the Oxygen chamber was also been supplied there too. Since it's within the ship, and the dock is only opened temporarily for a few minutes for ships to land, I guess that's the rational explanation.

#Xavier
I'll post pictures of that later, the area was permanently opened o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
sod09:

That's stifler's mom in the first pix

Bold of you to think I mistook her for Jlo undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Like mad.... grin grin
If I dey see my watchlist na tears I go dey sometimes. And the list dey always increase. 😭😭

Sometimes if you dey drop titles wey still dey your watchlist I go just dey laugh😂😂😂

The lord is your strength
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Lana1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
A Quiet Place.

Who tf leaves a toddler all the way in the back unattended? Nonsense undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
WAEC exam

As a director, choose your perfect villain and give reasons

Christoph Waltz

Gary Oldman

(1) (2) (3) ... (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) (3670) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: adamx23(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.