Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773901 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
was my question directed at you, busy body?

Why always angry?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:55am On Sep 16, 2023
NN has basically just announced that they have stopped doing movie/shows encodes. Maan, i genuinely feel for them, running a pirated site with your IP pinging from Nigeria, is basically career suicide, is like you don't want to make money off the site, as first off, Adsense will make your life a living hell not to talk of the numerous downtime and strikes your site will get. So i completely understand this decision.

Now, why i do not condone Piracy, In an ideal world, it is a despicable thing to do, but we don't live in an "ideal world, do we"?. There are various media outlets with exclusive rights to the various movies or shows we like, So if i want to watch say, GOT, BB, Sex Education, Extraction, CODA and EPL I would have to be subscribed to HBO, AMC+, Netflix and Apple Tv and DSTV!, mind you some of these services aren't even available world wide, it means my entire earnings each month will be for media and enjoyment alone and i still have to pay $400 a year to Adobe to use thier creative cloud suite 😩, who is to say I'm am not gonna be living under a bridge within a year of doing all these with no penny to my name 😭😭 because according to the wise man, Speed Darlington who opined the famous words, "How much am i even making"? 😭😭

So it is practically impossible to get all your content from one place, i was looking for "The Leftover" Score by Max Richter on the Apple Music last night, that I'm been charged for like clockwork on the first of every month, and lo and behold, They didn't have the rights to it, so i had no choice than to pull up my Spotify mod. My friend in the UK, basically can't watch EPL on Saturday afternoons, because the tickets to the game are almost always sold out, and no cable tv shows the games at that time, so he's left with pirating the game and keep risking a jail term from streaming a Brentford vs Fulham game 😩😩.

People think piracy is easy, but it is actually not, These guys are risking thier lives and actual jail time to bring you these "goodies", thier only revenue stream is from the numerous ads on the site, they use in masking out the actual purpose of the site. I know i am always the "give you the straight gdrive" links guy here, but sometimes take the pains to go through these site with the ads to get the link. There was this guy back then that goes by the name of "Andrew Patrick" when i was in my sophomore year in UNI, man this brother successfully mimicked ITUNES, you could get all the ITUNES library songs, well arranged with art work, lyrics and all, all fro free on his site. Maaann, Apple sent several warnings to him, but he ignored, and it became a federal case, with Apple suing for 22M dolls, FBI had to put out a search warrant for this brother!, it turns out, he was just 19, living in the slums of Brazil, the last i heard was that, he basically had to move countries and get a whole new identity!.

Now while this piece is not a Piracy prop as i do try my best to avoid it as much as possible, but maaann we have to be realistic here.

Finally if Dr. XJ and Valhalla and other good folks of the PSA site, decides to stop this encoding thing one day, I'd be totally lost i tell ya, they are like the only people that will move me if they stop tbh.😩😩

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Why always angry?
🖕

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be sure to provide answers as best I can because "The Force is Strong with me". 👍
I've this question that keeps popping in my head
Since Vader can use his Force Choke over a telecomm screen... how far does that power go?
Can he do it telepathically? Can he do it when he appears as a hologram?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Since Vader can use his Force Choke over a telecomm screen... how far does that power go?

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
oyaskii:
NN has basically just announced that they have stopped doing movie/shows encodes. Maan, i genuinely feel for them, running a pirated site with your IP pinging from Nigeria, is basically career suicide, is like you don't want to make money off the site, as first off, Adsense will make your life a living hell not to talk of the numerous downtime and strikes your site will get. So i completely understand this decision.

Now, why i do not condone Piracy, In an ideal world, it is a despicable thing to do, but we don't live in an "ideal world, do we"?. There are various media outlets with exclusive rights to the various movies or shows we like, So if i want to watch say, GOT, BB, Sex Education, Extraction, CODA and EPL I would have to be subscribed to HBO, AMC+, Netflix and Apple Tv and DSTV!, mind you some of these services aren't even available world wide, it means my entire earnings each month will be for media and enjoyment alone and i still have to pay $400 a year to Adobe to use thier creative cloud suite 😩, who is to say I'm am not gonna be living under a bridge within a year of doing all these with no penny to my name 😭😭 because according to the wise man, Speed Darlington who opined the famous words, "How much am i even making"? 😭😭

So it is practically impossible to get all your content from one place, i was looking for "The Leftover" Score by Max Richter on the Apple Music last night, that I'm been charged for like clockwork on the first of every month, and lo and behold, They didn't have the rights to it, so i had no choice than to pull up my Spotify mod. My friend in the UK, basically can't watch EPL on Saturday afternoons, because the tickets to the game are almost always sold out, and no cable tv shows the games at that time, so he's left with pirating the game and keep risking a jail term from streaming a Brentford vs Fulham game 😩😩.

People think piracy is easy, but it is actually not, These guys are risking thier lives and actual jail time to bring you these "goodies", thier only revenue stream is from the numerous ads on the site, they use in masking out the actual purpose of the site. I know i am always the "give you the straight gdrive" links guy here, but sometimes take the pains to go through these site with the ads to get the link. There was this guy back then that goes by the name of "Andrew Patrick" when i was in my sophomore year in UNI, man this brother successfully mimicked ITUNES, you could get all the ITUNES library songs, well arranged with art work, lyrics and all, all fro free on his site. Maaann, Apple sent several warnings to him, but he ignored, and it became a federal case, with Apple suing for 22M dolls, FBI had to put out a search warrant for this brother!, it turns out, he was just 19, living in the slums of Brazil, the last i heard was that, he basically had to move countries and get a whole new identity!.

Now while this piece is not a Piracy prop as i do try my best to avoid it as much as possible, but maaann we have to be realistic here.

Finally if Dr. XJ and Valhalla and other good folks of the PSA site, decides to stop this encoding thing one day, I'd be totally lost i tell ya, they are like the only people that will move me if they stop tbh.😩😩

It is always hard running these sites. Even worse in Nigeria. Most sites do donation drives at some point every year for server costs etal. Nigerians will.simply not put up that money. And there is a real risk like you said. There was another site I was using, next thing I read the guy got busted. Then you have this dude who had a Nintendo rom site. They went after him and the man will. Literally be paying Nintendo money for the rest of his natural life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
oyaskii:

R.I.P. Net Naija
You will be missed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Yes, Darth Vader can force choke almost anyone, as long as he can see the person via hologram.

Note also the people he can't Force Choke are the ones who are strong with the Force.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
Yes, Darth Vader can force choke almost anyone, as long as he can see the person via hologram.

Note also the people he can't Force Choke are the ones who are strong with the Force.

See shalaye pro max!!

Ogbeni, "the force" is the most convoluted power in the history of sci-fi movies.

Stop trying to act smart on something that is not logical.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
NaijaMemes:

See shalaye pro max!!

Ogbeni, "the force" is the most convoluted power in the history of sci-fi movies.

Stop trying to act smart on something that is not logical.
It has always been difficult for halfwits to understand anything. This is why you believe the Force is the most convoluted power in Sci Fi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
"I am thinking of ending things" I actually need to rewatch it. it's a surrealist movie and many details is missed during the first watch. It's an adaptation of the novel which bears the same title as the movie. I'd score it 8/10.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
ELEMENTAL.....8.5/10

Really good animation flick. Delves into love, acceptance, duty, and resilience. Enjoyable movie all through, from start to finish. Nice score, great graphics and VFX. Great storytelling and voice acting. Loveable characters with solid character development.

Surprised I didn't see a single familiar name on the end credits for the cast list. Prolly the first time I'm seeing no single top name in a studio tentpole animation.

With this one, I might say, Pixar is back.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Meg 2 : trench is a solid 8/10 for me.
I don't care about how people rate movies because i watch and i rate according to my personal satisfaction.
And this is why i stay true to myself no matter what the general public says.
Meg 2 is the most interesting shark movie ever made in history after the legendary deep blue sea many decades ago.

So many similarities between Meg 2 and the deep blue sea and i like the fact the Meg 2 is more versatile as the storyline wasn't based on just sharks alone.
That's the edge it has over all shark movies ever made except the deep blue sea which was more horror and filled with jump scare scenes.

Meg 2 is 100% an interesting watch from start to finish and i like the fact that the black guy made it a little bit comical especially when he was making that call for help and calling for help and when the other lady saw condoms in his bag. Lol

I totally enjoyed this movie, it was really really fun and that's the whole point of a movie.

As long as it is fun and the audience are entertained then fork ratings.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Famosfavour: 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Official Secrets (2019)
Miss Sloane (2016)
Hateful Eight (2015)
The Gentlemen (2019) 💕
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
I finally watched "Ladybird" today like after so many years. It's a really good coming of age movie and Saoirse Ronan was exceptional. Ladybird is definitely getting 8/10 from me.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
I also watched "The power of the dog" Benedict Cumberbatch who acted Phil gave a very convincing performance. The movie is also beautifully shot. One thing that sat with me for a very long time after watching this movie is that never let people know your weakness, they are going to use it to destroy you. I'd rate the movie 8/10.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2023
Air

interesting watching history being made

and it is funny that phil knight had no problem with being made fun of
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 4:14am On Sep 17, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AkpataBenjamin(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2023
Ikanium:
Guy do i need small data on my airtel number to connect?? I have data on my MTN sim i do the connections watch the advert videos with my MTN number... It will then show me connect and data going up and down but immediately i switch to my airtel line it will disconnect
have you upDated tweaks?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2023
oyaskii:

They'd be sorely missed. I wonder the root cause of this move.
Decent quality for very small size; we go feel am small. Other options plenty but na flexibility be the Koko. 🥲

Last year FBI and co and FIFA really went hard on piracy bruh. Before World Cup started they hunted down many popular football streaming websites off the net, especially _Hezgoal. Probably caught the ppl behind them and I heard ridiculous sums of fines to be paid.

Confusion full everywhere that period. No EPL or UCL streaming. It was darn hard to find where to stream matches without your data magically disappearing. It was after the Tournament and some months into this year before we come dey see alternatives.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is always hard running these sites. Even worse in Nigeria. Most sites do donation drives at some point every year for server costs etal. Nigerians will.simply not put up that money. And there is a real risk like you said. There was another site I was using, next thing I read the guy got busted. Then you have this dude who had a Nintendo rom site. They went after him and the man will. Literally be paying Nintendo money for the rest of his natural life.

I heard about the Nintendo guy and I was like WTF?? 🥲🥲
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2023
Across The SpiderVerse.......8/10

Great animation. Nice story, brilliant execution as always. The score was beautiful and had bangers all through. Premium action right there.

The animation will be a nightmare for peeps with sensitive eyes.
While some people were complaining of the colours affecting one's eyes I thought it was a tad bit exaggerated. Although I did get over it after 15mins of watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2023
abduleez1:

Because they gave us Mario and Pokemon, you thought they were nice 😂🤣😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2023
abduleez1:

in the gaming community nintendon't is literally a meme.

they DO NOT allow anyone to fk with their Ip

to extremes

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2023
Kaycee7:
Because they gave us Mario and Pokemon, you thought they were nice 😂🤣😂
GloriousGbola:

in the gaming community nintendon't is literally a meme.

they DO NOT allow anyone to fk with their Ip

to extremes

I knew some companies Don't take it lightly with their ips. But I always thought the no nonsense guys were Apple and the likes.

Never thought the japs would be that ruthless. 😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2023
Braveheart

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2023
abduleez1:

Decent quality for very small size; we go feel am small. Other options plenty but na flexibility be the Koko. 🥲

Last year FBI and co and FIFA really went hard on piracy bruh. Before World Cup started they hunted down many popular football streaming websites off the net, especially _Hezgoal. Probably caught the ppl behind them and I heard ridiculous sums of fines to be paid.

Confusion full everywhere that period. No EPL or UCL streaming. It was darn hard to find where to stream matches without your data magically disappearing. It was after the Tournament and some months into this year before we come dey see alternatives.
The root cause is multiple copyrights infringement strikes and they have built the site over the years to diversify to to other areas other than movie uploads, so they couldn't be bothered with it anymore giving the inherent risk that accompanies it.

I almost never used it for media but i feel for those who really on it solely for thier media consumption, the simplicity attracted most, but like you said they will be fine, these times be like Hydra, i will when kick ass torrent did this kind of thing that year, and i was depressed, only for another set of techies to mimick it, and within days, it was back up and running.

They take this piracy thing serious now o, this year alone, I can't count how many times Google has informed me of copy infringement notice for some specific files in my google drive, but it is a "losing" battle some what. It's a case of block one door , and another one opens. The general consensus here is that these piracy and copyright issh is a Nigerian thing, very far from it, You see Asians,to be specific india and Indonesia? Na there be pirate hub, i am most certain all the media we consume from these sites, stems from the encodes of these guys but dem no dey loud am. Nigerians are unnecessarily loud for no reason. Nobody do fraud reach Russians,Indians and Pakistanis but you no go hear pin from them, that one na talk for another day.

I have basically just depended on DSTV for football needs, and the most annoying part is that, that's the only thing they are good for, now. Almost 17k just dey go to these guys monthly just for me to see 22 men kick a leather around every other Saturday 😭😭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2023
abduleez1:

I still don't understand what made net naija retract their movie downloading aspect of their site.

No be naija Ip dem dey use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, MrJorge(m), kendrick9(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.