Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773638 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

You are the first person on this thread that has anything good to say about this movie. The majorly negative reviews is the reason I haven't downloaded it.

Oh, you should. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
funny how they did everything possible to hide Amber Heard from the trailer. grin

They only gave a glimpse of her...

That doesn't mean she won't take major screen time in the actual movie
you know, I was just about to say the emboldened. 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Na AquaBaby me dey fear for.

I hope they go all out and deliver some top tier casualties. No playing safe this time around. It needs high stakes.

Hoping they did Captain Hook Aquaman... grin grin
Lol.

The very reason I love The Last Voyage of the Demeter, the didn't spare anything, everyone onboard collect premium thrashing from Nosferatu himself. I cheered when I saw what Nosferatu did to that boy, dude no send any living thing onboard that ship.

I sure say if mosquito dey onboard, bros Nosferatu go serve am for dinner. This is one of my highest point in the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
Lol.

The very reason I love The Last Voyage of the Demeter, the didn't spare anything, everyone onboard collect premium thrashing from Nosferatu himself. I cheered when I saw what Nosferatu did to that boy, dude no send any living thing onboard that ship.

I sure say if mosquito dey onboard, bros Nosferatu go serve am for dinner. This is one of my highest point in the movie.

Seems it's time I expedite the watching. 🤔
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Talk to Me (2023)

A rare A24 L.

Now there is a reason why I don't care for the horror genre, been that there is a massive lack of creativity and ingenuity in the genre, as they are all just repeating the same 4 or 5 storylines and giving it different names. I saw this, with young film makers, that shouldn't be too influenced much by the past coupled with it being a A24 prod, i decided to give it a spin and i was left a tad disappointed.

If you have ever seen a horror movie with a bunch of people communicating with the dead or the spirit world via an Ouija board or a chain or anything, then you have probably seen this movie in it's entirety and you might as well skip it. They were so many ways they could have made it unique, but they just played it safe with the same old tired plot and it all just fell apart .

The cast were insufferable, i probably would have enjoy it better if the cast were adults. Small praise to the cinematography.

All in All, it is a classic "Great premise but terrible execution" situation. The obvious lack of substantial jump scares and dread for a supposed horror flick is unforgivable, at least the last Horror flick i saw, Smile (2022), delivered in that regard and even tried to be a little bit creative, It is ceilings above this.

A sub-par watch that i can't be bothered to recommend to anyone.

5/10.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
oyaskii:
James Wan about to run it back☺️

Fully seated for this feasting 🌮🤩

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ex_6_Ffw0?si=-2m_kjwsLWBPA5yn

Epic visual effects, epic actions, appealing tone, good musical score, and epic Aquaman and Blackmanta suits.

Honestly, I'm fucking hyped. Can't wait for December 🙃.

🔥🔥🔥🔥 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Seems it's time I expedite the watching. 🤔
Please do, let's read your thoughts on the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
Last Voyage of The Demeter......7/10

Nice horror flick on the Count. Decent story, great pacing and storytelling. Decent enough acting and nice score. Simple and straight to the point while still keeping some level of mystery.
It's an entertaining Gothic horror.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:01am On Sep 15, 2023
This is weird....

Wonder why I'm having difficulty in going along with Across The SpiderVerse. I never seem to go past 15 mins of watch and lost interest and try another thing.

For two weeks now I've been trying to watch this thing. Today, I tried again and I'm still in the first 28mins. 🥲🥲 It's two hours plus seems to turn me off too. I just comfortably spent that time watching The Last Voyage of The Demeter. 🙃
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:32am On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:
Last Voyage of The Demeter......7/10

Nice horror flick on the Count. Decent story, great pacing and storytelling. Decent enough acting and nice score. Simple and straight to the point while still keeping some level of mystery.
It's an entertaining Gothic horror.

Errr

I had major issues with the movie.

'Now we know where he sleeps'

And they did nothing. Somehow during the hours of the day the crew continued to fail to act.

And at the end of the movie, the doctor chasing after Dracula into the night. They should have shown him getting killed because that is exactly what would have happened. The guy barely survived Dracula on the boat and may now be part drone.

Would have been more logical if the doctor somehow met van Helsing after washing ashore.

That Dracula and the child was hardcore though. Didn't think they would go there.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by comptegratuite: 5:44am On Sep 15, 2023
Do you love to watch movies and webseries. And if you want to watch it for free. Then you should have to checkout comptegratuite.com site. Where you will get dailiy working username and password list of OTT platforms.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:59am On Sep 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Errr

And they did nothing. Somehow during the hours of the day the crew continued to fail to act.

And at the end of the movie, the doctor chasing after Dracula into the night. They should have shown him getting killed because that is exactly what would have happened. The guy barely survived Dracula on the boat and may now be part drone.

Would have been more logical if the doctor somehow met van Helsing after washing ashore.

That Dracula and the child was hardcore though. Didn't think they would go there.

That part of them being premium dumb and doing nothing during the day was annoying as fvvk. They tried to search a few times but end up not seeing shït. The moment they finally found his hideout, I think it was just a day left till they got to England. So not enough time to make a plan. And the sheer fear of the crew meant they've accepted their fate of being fvvked. They only mustered a few strength towards the end to make sure he died with them.

I also didn't believe they'd kill the child tho. I just thought he'd survive one way or another.

As with most horror films, stupid shit and dumb decisions has to happen to progress the story.
I was mostly scoring it on entertainment value and not how much logic and real thinking was utilised.
Just suspend belief and enjoy. 😀
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Errr

it was later revealed in the movie that, after they discovered where he sleeps, he stop sleeping there. They even mentioned he was hiding somewhere in the boat. It's the reason they searched the boat and couldn't find bros Nosferatu.

I disagree. Nosferatu allowing him chase him, is Nosferatu's way of taunting him. Remember he told bros Nos that he isn't afraid if him, and Bros Nos told him he will. So Bros Nos is taunting him, all in the bid to make him scared shitless.

As in my brother. That is the highest selling point in the movie for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2023
ShaqFu:
it was later revealed in the movie that, after they discovered where he sleeps, he stop sleeping there. They even mentioned he was hiding somewhere in the boat. It's the reason they searched the boat and couldn't find bros Nosferatu.

my recall is that dracula needs his cursed soil to sleep in - so evacuate the soil and he has nowhere to retire to. then again - dracula has to reach britain

I disagree. Nosferatu allowing him chase him, is Nosferatu's way of taunting him. Remember he told bros Nos that he isn't afraid if him, and Bros Nos told him he will. So Bros Nos is taunting him, all in the bid to make him scared shitless.

the guy chasing dracula , after the events of the boat is patently ridiculous because NOTHING has changed. in video game parlance - level one hero barely escaped a fight with a level 10 boss - and is now going back into the boss lair to fight the boss again without any upgrades or knowledge.

As in my brother. That is the highest selling point in the movie for me.
you are a sadist grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Seem like the ongoing strike in Hollywood is now pointless, Ai is ready to FVCK up so many jobs

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Is it possible to get banned in just one section? I've not been able comment in the movie section since yesterday

Those of you rating Talk to me 8 and 9/10, weldone o 😡😡

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
"Westside story" (2021) I saw a clip from the original on YouTube and I was immediately interested in the musical. I can't find the original so I have to make do with the remake. It's an excellent musical and the costuming, setting, acting is topnotch. Ansel Elgot portrayed Tony but I kept on seeing him as Augustus Waters from "The fault in our stars." Overall I'd score it 8/10.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
"The school for good and evil." While the costuming and special effects is excellent, the storyline is really mid. Kerry Washington, Charlize Theron and Michelle Yeoh all starred in the movie. It's quite fun to watch though but I think the movie could have been made shorter, it's unnecessarily long. I'd give it a 6/10.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
Baddestguyp:
f[b]unny how they did everything possible to hide Amber Heard from the trailer. grin
[/b]
They only gave a glimpse of her...

That doesn't mean she won't take major screen time in the actual movie

I noticed that too. I'm sure most of her might be left on the cutting room floor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
nahr:
"The school for good and evil." While the costuming and special effects is excellent, the storyline is really mid. Kerry Washington, Charlize Theron and Michelle Yeoh all starred in the movie. It's quite fun to watch though but I think the movie could have been made shorter, it's unnecessarily long. I'd give it a 6/10.

5/10. Simply ordinary.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
blingxx:
Seem like the ongoing strike in Hollywood is now pointless, Ai is ready to FVCK up so many jobs
the movie will flop so bad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
phr0nesis:
Is it possible to get banned in just one section? I've not been able comment in the movie section since yesterday

Those of you rating Talk to me 8 and 9/10, weldone o 😡😡
Most likely the first movie in months that i have had very high hopes for, going in , only to have it dashed so spectacularly. It was so bottom tier 😩😩.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kevineleven(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:
This is weird....

Wonder why I'm having difficulty in going along with Across The SpiderVerse. I never seem to go past 15 mins of watch and lost interest and try another thing.

For two weeks now I've been trying to watch this thing. Today, I tried again and I'm still in the first 28mins. 🥲🥲 It's two hours plus seems to turn me off too. I just comfortably spent that time watching The Last Voyage of The Demeter. 🙃
You are not alone, I downloaded it but I couldn't finish and I was like why is everyone talking about this crap of a(Anime) movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

You are the first person on this thread that has anything good to say about this movie. The majorly negative reviews is the reason I haven't downloaded it.
why can't you baboons be independent minded for goodness sake. Must you follow the opinions of every môron that claim they know movies. For Christ sake, you are adults not zombies. Think like one. It's like somebody telling me my wife I've been fúcking for years has no vagina and I believe him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kevineleven:

You are not alone, I downloaded it but I couldn't finish and I was like why is everyone talking about this crap of a(Anime) movie.

It's not crap. I'm just not too invested in it presently.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Katcall:
why can't you baboons be independent minded for goodness sake. Must you follow the opinions of every môron that claim they know movies. For Christ sake, you are adults not zombies. Think like one. It's like somebody telling me my wife I've been fúcking for years has no vagina and I believe him
You, your father, your mother, your grandparents dead or alive, your entire lineage from both sides and your unborn children are the baboons.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
Most likely the first movie in months that i have had very high hopes for, going in , only to have it dashed so spectacularly. It was so bottom tier 😩😩.

Lol.... the movie pain Una sha. grin grin

I'm thinking it's mainly the stupidity of the entire cast that's angering most and giving it low scores.
The film ain't great but ain't bad either. cheesy

I think the ending of the stupid girl dying was the satisfaction I needed to actually rate it higher.... cos I was waiting for her to just turn up dead.

Cc phr0nesis
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

You, your father, your mother, your grandparents dead or alive, your entire lineage from both sides and your unborn children are the baboons.
a word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Katcall:
a word is enough for the wise
Shove your 'wise' words up your ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
blingxx:

Lol, this is an outlier. And just like the original, it's flopping premiumly.

Some people seem tired of evil Superman. And I don't believe AI has grown to a stage presently to understand the Nuance of such character being grounded in reality like the Superman-esque evil characters that have been great like Homelander and Omniman. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
I also had high hopes for it. The disappointment afterwards was huge
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
Movies for the weekend

The Pod Generation
Retribution
You are so not invited to my bar mitzvah
Sitting in Bars with cake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Friedyokes and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.