Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772943 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol.... the movie pain Una sha. grin grin

I'm thinking it's mainly the stupidity of the entire cast that's angering most and giving it low scores.
The film ain't great but ain't bad either. cheesy

I think the ending of the stupid girl dying was the satisfaction I needed to actually rate it higher.... cos I was waiting for her to just turn up dead.

Cc phr0nesis
E reach to vex person. If not for Jade, who was a bit reasonable, I also wanted Riley to go.

Make I sha no follow you drop spoilers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

Shove your 'wise' words up your ass
no space. I'm sending it down your elastic toto
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
Achilles100:
Movies for the weekend

The Pod Generation
Retribution
You are so not invited to my bar mitzvah
Sitting in Bars with cake.
lol I do hope you have other things to make your weekend worthwhile than these bare ass line up of flicks you have up there ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
Talk to Me (2023)

A rare A24 L.

Now there is a reason why I don't care for the horror genre, been that there is a massive lack of creativity and ingenuity in the genre, as they are all just repeating the same 4 or 5 storylines and giving it different names. I saw this, with young film makers, that shouldn't be too influenced much by the past coupled with it being a A24 prod, i decided to give it a spin and i was left a tad disappointed.

If you have ever seen a horror movie with a bunch of people communicating with the dead or the spirit world via an Ouija board or a chain or anything, then you have probably seen this movie in it's entirety and you might as well skip it. They were so many ways they could have made it unique, but they just played it safe with the same old tired plot and it all just fell apart .

The cast were insufferable, i probably would have enjoy it better if the cast were adults. Small praise to the cinematography.

All in All, it is a classic "Great premise but terrible execution" situation. The obvious lack of substantial jump scares and dread for a supposed horror flick is unforgivable, at least the last Horror flick i saw, Smile (2022), delivered in that regard and even tried to be a little bit creative, It is ceilings above this.

A sub-par watch that i can't be bothered to recommend to anyone.

5/10.
Wow, I really liked the movie tho, the cast was insufferable because that was the intention of the directors so if you felt that, the directors did a good job esp with the budget they had just 4 million๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ. I've been following the director's YouTube channel- Racka Racka brothers for years and knew what they could do. I know they would do better with a bigger budget tho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
James Wan about to run it backโ˜บ๏ธ

Fully seated for this feasting ๐ŸŒฎ๐Ÿคฉ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ex_6_Ffw0?si=-2m_kjwsLWBPA5yn
I like Wan but this doesn't look good in my opinion

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
E be like FFC no get money again.... ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

I like Wan but this doesn't look good in my opinion
This doesn't look good? How? Context?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
This doesn't look good? How? Context?
The CGI shots is too much, I hope they left room for a good story
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
lol I do up you have other things to make your weekend worthwhile than these bare ass line up of flicks you have up there ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

No talk.... him go come give us feedback later this weekend. grin grin grin

See list... The only thing I've come across that might be manageable na that "Bar Mitzvah". But I doubt if it won't be mid Netflix kinda movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

The CGI shots is too much, I hope they left room for a good story

LMFAO.... what are you talking about.
How do you intend to tell an underwater story without CGI??

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Wow, I really liked the movie tho, the cast was insufferable because that was the intention of the directors so if you felt that, the directors did a good job esp with the budget they had just 4 million๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ. I've been following the director's YouTube channel- Racka Racka brothers for years and knew what they could do. I know they would do better with a bigger budget tho
The cast was the most annoying thing about the flick. Except you haven't been really been following horror flicks for a while, because this looked nothing different than the thousands before it. I honestly expected different, at least make be tremble and have dread!, Instead they tried to make it ambiguous for no reason.

CC abduleez1
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:

No talk.... him go come give us feedback later this weekend. grin grin grin

See list... The only thing I've come across that might be manageable na that "Bar Mitzvah". But I doubt if it won't be mid Netflix kinda movies.
grin grin lmaaoo. The average rating na like 5/10 for the entire line up. Imagine trusting a flick with "Liam Neeson" in 2023 for your weekend Enjoyment cheesy

The Bar Mitzvah one even dey one kain, i start am, but na these pre-teen sugar pop flicks with many colours, i just disembark sharp sharp ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back - 9/10
Now I'm getting into Star Wars FeverโœŠ๐Ÿ˜‚ sorry for what I said about the first- this one was actually interesting and fun to watch and I'm beginning to understand why star Wars is actually mega popular- because of their world building and the plethora of ideas and stories that could be formed- franchises like Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings are known for that. I can't wait for Return of the Jedi and the questions in my head unanswered

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
You're so not invited to my bar mitzvah - 5/10
Your regular teens drama
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
The cast was the most annoying thing about the flick. Except you haven't been really been following horror flicks for a while, because this looked nothing different than the thousands before it. I honestly expected different, at least make be tremble and have dread!, Instead they tried to make it ambiguous for no reason.

CC abduleez1
Your opinion tho ๐Ÿ‘€ it wasn't the best horror movie I've ever watched but looking at the budget and its limits, I found it to be fun to watch. Not all horror movies have to be jump scares throwing at your face tho, have you watched the Thing or Hereditary?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
My Movie Week list
SW- Return of the Jedi
Birdemic
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbour Totoro
The Green Mile
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Your opinion tho ๐Ÿ‘€ it wasn't the best horror movie I've ever watched but looking at the budget and its limits, I found it to be fun to watch. Not all horror movies have to be jump scares throwing at your face tho, have you watched the Thing or Hereditary?
You people keep bringing up budget. I don't think the problems that irked me in the flick could be solved by a bigger budget. I have seen better short horror films on YT, shot with a phone and a tripod. Besides, it's like you don't know how movie making work in Australia do you?. The government actually have a body called "Screen Australia", who are on the prod. of this, that actually fund and promote thier movies and shows, directly from the government coffers, so they could have had access to a bigger budget if they needed to.

Not all Horror flicks should have jump scares. Agreed, but at least have a good premise and excellent delivery so i won't miss the jump scares, you didn't give me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
grin grin lmaaoo. The average rating na like 5/10 for the entire line up. Imagine trusting a flick with "Liam Neeson" in 2023 for your weekend Enjoyment cheesy

The Bar Mitzvah one even dey one kain, i start am, but na these pre-teen sugar pop flicks with many colours, i just disembark sharp sharp ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
I think the top tier best shรฏt from the horror genre has shifted to TV shows. It's mostly regurgitated shit with new cast in the movies section.

Recent flicks like:

The Changeling
Cabinet of Curiosities
Midnight Mass
Lovecraft Country

Have been phenomenal.

Never lose hope tho, The Nun 2 holds some promise. And maybe Five Nights at Freddy's might surprise. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
oyaskii:
lol I do hope you have other things to make your weekend worthwhile than these bare ass line up of flicks you have up there ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Omo , I have series that are safer bets than these and EPL is back, so....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:
I think the top tier best shรฏt from the horror genre has shifted to TV shows. It's mostly regurgitated shit with new cast in the movies section.

Recent flicks like:

The Changeling
Cabinet of Curiosities
Midnight Mass
Lovecraft Country

Have been phenomenal.

Never lose hope tho, The Nun 2 holds some promise. And maybe Five Nights at Freddy's might surprise. grin
FNAF has a very large fan base so it won't come as a surprise if it makes a lot of money
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:

Recent flicks like:

The Changeling
Cabinet of Curiosities
Midnight Mass
Lovecraft Country

Have been phenomenal.

Yellowjackets is also great you should Check it out
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kevineleven(m): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:

It's not crap. I'm just not too invested in it presently.

I did not enjoy it, I don't like animation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kevineleven:

I did not enjoy it, I don't like animation.

Lol, why do you now went ahead and downloaded it?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
Achilles100:
Movies for the weekend
The Pod Generation Retribution You are so not invited to my bar mitzvah Sitting in Bars with cake.
keep copying kaycee7
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kevineleven(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, why do you now went ahead and downloaded it?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Plenty high ratings and reviews on this forum, I was tempted.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
You're so not invited to my bar mitzvah - 5/10
Your regular teens drama
see the American Pie franchise. You will love it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back - 9/10
Now I'm getting into Star Wars FeverโœŠ๐Ÿ˜‚ sorry for what I said about the first- this one was actually interesting and fun to watch and I'm beginning to understand why star Wars is actually mega popular- because of their world building and the plethora of ideas and stories that could be formed- franchises like Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings are known for that. I can't wait for Return of the Jedi and the questions in my head unanswered
Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be sure to provide answers as best I can because "The Force is Strong with me". ๐Ÿ‘
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
abduleez1:
grin grin
why is margot getting leaner these days? Abi she no dey chop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
ShaqFu:
Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be sure to provide answers as best I can because "The Force is Strong with me".
Name 13 planets in the star wars
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
Parizz:
Name 13 planets in the star wars
was my question directed at you, busy body?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Brainiac101(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.