Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748822 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3702) (3703) (3704) (3705) (3706) (3707) (3708) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The guy is stupid by default no matter what you say to the dolt will change it
I'm tired of that guy, me, octopussy and others have told him calmly to stop posting series here but he won't listen, following simple instructions is very hard for some people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
I'm tired of that guy, me, octopussy and others have told him calmly to stop posting series here but he won't listen, following simple instructions is very hard for some people.
I blame the mod handling this section

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:

That guy is a forking dunce, I think he uses his stupidity to drive mentions.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Matix222: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Anny69:
Me.

What about that your boyfriend Stalyon69 Ona don break up Abi?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kevineleven(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
57. Seconds. 6/10
Mission Impossible.Dead Reckoning. 7.5/10

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
Grave of the Fireflies

I thought going into this movie would be tears galore but it actually isn't, it'll leave you just feeling devastated and hopeless which is actually way worse. I had this question Setsuko asked growing in my mind constantly "Why do fireflies die so fast?", which metaphorically referred to her death at the end; She was a firefly who died early.

The story of the effects of World War 2 has been told several times but not in this way, it wasn't even from Seita but from the little girl Setsuko - my thoughts on war normally came from books about the Nigeria Biafra War like Half of a Yellow Sun and There Was a Country but this movie was just simply the most simplistic story and visually stunning tales of depression, hunger, good and evil, joy, little droplets of hope, pain, disease.

I tried to put myself in their shoes by asking myself - Would stealing be OKAY in a time of war? would I ever survive ALONE in a time of war? What if I had a child I knew could never survive? What I was doing or the industry I was working in be important in the time of war? Will my perceptions of family change? Would I rather survive the war or die in it? Would I even have the will to live if I never developed connections strong enough not to ask those questions?

Like 90% of Ghibli lovers, I'll never watch this movie ever again.
I can't rank it by the way

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
Achilles100:
Has anyone finished Asteriod City? ( The beginning was so slow for me). Is it any good?

The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar makes me wants to see other movies by Wes Anderson.

You can check out the remaining of his short stories co-released alongside Henry Sugar. 👇

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
Grave of the Fireflies

I thought going into this movie would be tears galore but it actually isn't, it'll leave you just feeling devastated and hopeless which is actually way worse. I had this question Setsuko asked growing in my mind constantly "Why do fireflies die so fast?", which metaphorically referred to her death at the end; She was a firefly who died early.

The story of the effects of World War 2 has been told several times but not in this way, it wasn't even from Seita but from the little girl Setsuko - my thoughts on war normally came from books about the Nigeria Biafra War like Half of a Yellow Sun and There Was a Country but this movie was just simply the most simplistic story and visually stunning tales of depression, hunger, good and evil, joy, little droplets of hope, pain, disease.

I tried to put myself in their shoes by asking myself - Would stealing be OKAY in a time of war? would I ever survive ALONE in a time of war? What if I had a child I knew could never survive? What I was doing or the industry I was working in be important in the time of war? Will my perceptions of family change? Would I rather survive the war or die in it? Would I even have the will to live if I never developed connections strong enough not to ask those questions?

Like 90% of Ghibli lovers, I'll never watch this movie ever again.
I can't rank it by the way

The most depressing war movie I've ever watched and one for all times. No live action war film even comes close. To tell you how much impactful the animation was. Had nice visuals as well.

There's another anime movie I hear is as depressing and gut-wrenching as "Grave of the Fireflies"— Barefoot Gen. I hear it might even be more depressing sef talking about the same themes of war as well as the aftermath of the Hiroshima atomic bombing.

I'm lining up that one very soon.

Watch movies like these and you'll know that most people chanting for war never really know the consequences or have experienced it first hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
🤡😈🎃

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

The most depressing war movie I've ever watched and one for all times. No live action war film even comes close. To tell you how much impactful the animation was. Had nice visuals as well.

There's another anime movie I hear is as depressing and gut-wrenching as "Grave of the Fireflies"— Barefoot Gen. I hear it might even be more depressing sef talking about the same themes of war as well as the aftermath of the Hiroshima atomic bombing.

I'm lining up that one very soon.

Watch movies like these and you'll know that most people chanting for war never really know the consequences or have experienced it first hand.
I'm not watching any depressing movie anytime from now, I should watch comedies from now on, I've had enough for a month

Someone should review the movie Elf for me, I don't want to waste data

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
No one's talking about mission Impossible dead reckoning in the high seas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
/Dude stop derailing this thread, they have warned you severally to stop posting series on this thread but you don't listen, you keep posting intentionally. it seems I will start reporting your posts for derailing.
I don't understand why most Nigerians don't follow instructions.
Goatish stubbornness is encrypted in his DNA. What he is doing is senseless, but he revels in senselessness and considers rules and orderliness anathema.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hakeem12(m): 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2023
Aloners 2021. A movie about introversion, the necessity of relationships and why some people chose to isolate themselves. Really enjoyed this one. 7/10

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

I'm not watching any depressing movie anytime from now, I should watch comedies from now on, I've had enough for a month

Someone should review the movie Elf for me, I don't want to waste data

Lol, yeah I understand. I had to go on a string of happy go lucky films or series to take my head off the depression. That fïlm powerful die. 😥🥲

That movie didn't spend up to 8hrs on my phone after watch. I deleted it cos I no fit relieve wetin my eyes just see.
A rare thing for me to do on a film I rated above 8.5.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
No one's talking about mission Impossible dead reckoning in the high seas

Most people are waiting for the better quality on October 10 I think.
I can't go through watching Chinese hardcoded subtitles while watching something that a better quality will be out in a week time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Reddit thread took me here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9MbhK4tt8
Lmaaaaaooo!! Who comes up with all these?? 😂😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
oyaskii:
The Black Book (2023).

Again, if only Nollywood could hack this good script writing thingy, they might be in business!

According to reports, this has the highest budget for a Nollywood flick ever, at an impressive $1M!, and i just had to see it, if the budget was put to good use, and the Simple answer is Yes and No, Yes been that this probably has the highest production value of any flick made here in a while and i can clearly see why it is doing so well internationally, and No, been that every other thing is below average and we shouldn't be having these problems any more.

Pros
As i mentioned earlier, the production is so high quality that i was actually amazed, the cinematography and the color grading was so good, and could rub shoulders from those from other well established movie industries. The direction was fantastic, i follow Editi Effiòng on X, and i know when he was looking for an "established director for this" and the search was futile, that eventually had to step into the director's chair and he did a mighty fine job. The casting was A1, majorly veterans of the game, and that cast will move me any day.

Cons.
It was like these people just finished production, and when editing they just threw anything at it and called it the plot and just ran with it because what the hell was that?. The plot was running into different directions and asking so many questions that they simply had no answers for. I have tracked Editi Effiòng's trajectory and he has been doing well but he should allow another person into that writers room!. The plot paths became so ambiguous that you would simply just abandon trying to follow any of them. The character development was basically next to zero. If they had just followed one of the plot and saw it through well, they might have had a fantastic flick that would have left an indelible mark in this clime. One other thing i noticed, that is not peculiar to this flick alone but to other flicks here in recent times that have had a big streaming outfits backing them, The acting tends to be "unnatural", especially from the leads, who are actually fantastic actors with exceptional range that fit the stories we tell here. They tend to want to mimick the lingua and mannerisms of "Hollywood" for a flick in similar genre, and that makes their delivery seem out of place and plagiarized, they probably think it will help them sell it more internationally. it is worse in this because they actually copied the John Wick Template a bit. That's why i continue to praise Chidi Mokeme's "Scar" gangster delivery in Shanty Town (2023), He clearly understood the assignment.

All in all, they lost me with the plot but I stuck it out because of the unusually fine production on display, albeit the experience was enhanced because i saw it in FHD.

Good for a first watch but a second watch might be a beautiful torment.

6/10.

$1M for that shitty movie 😲😲.. I don't think Brotherhood production cost was up to 200 million naira, but we all know Brotherhood was a better movie than this. The folks who made Black Book have a lot of explaining to do as to why that movie gulped a million dollars in production cost.

I respect your opinion Sir, the fact is that we encourage mediocrity a lot, that's why the industry is stagnant. Asides the locations, and the few veteran actors that did justice to their roles, the whole thing was just horrendous.

Well for starters RMD acts were just horrible and unbelievable, you could see him struggling with the action scenes all through the movie. To run or move from one place to another was a huge task for him.

Secondly, notwithstanding that the plot was cliche, the most annoying part of it all was that it was all over the place. One minute it was John Wick, but rather a dog, it was a human being, next it moved to John Rambo Last blood, before you say jack, it's now Taken.Ha!!! Oga writer copy one movie na.

Honestly the industry needs to buckle up, one step forward, ten steps backwards. Check out Korean movie, I don't mean the love sh.it, I mean actual Korean movies and see what real progression looks like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clint02(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
majesticguy:

$1M for that shitty movie 😲😲.. I don't think Brotherhood production cost was up to 200 million naira, but we all know Brotherhood was a better movie than this. The folks who made Black Book have a lot of explaining to do as to why that movie gulped a million dollars in production cost.

I respect your opinion Sir, the fact is that we encourage mediocrity a lot, that's why the industry is stagnant. Asides the locations, and the few veteran actors that did justice to their roles, the whole thing was just horrendous.

Well for starters RMD acts were just horrible and unbelievable, you could see him struggling with the action scenes all through the movie. To run or move from one place to another was a huge task for him.

Secondly, notwithstanding that the plot was cliche, the most annoying part of it all was that it was all over the place. One minute it was John Wick, but rather a dog, it was a human being, next it moved to John Rambo Last blood, before you say jack, it's now Taken.Ha!!! Oga writer copy one movie na.

Honestly the industry needs to buckle up, one step forward, ten steps backwards. Check out Korean movie, I don't mean the love sh.it, I mean actual Korean movies and see what real progression looks like.
As he copy more than one movie,e bad?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
/Dude stop derailing this thread, they have warned you severally to stop posting series on this thread but you don't listen, you keep posting intentionally. it seems I will start reporting your posts for derailing.
I don't understand why most Nigerians don't follow instructions.

Reporting his posts is a waste of time. This section has the most stupid and dumb mods. The mods on this section are for decoration, they don't do shît, that's why the troll is running amok with his stupidity despite people reporting his posts. Don't waste your time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Anny69: 12:10am On Oct 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Well done…
grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Anny69: 12:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Matix222:

What about that your boyfriend Stalyon69 Ona don break up Abi?
We haven't. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:24am On Oct 02, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

You can check out the remaining of his short stories co-released alongside Henry Sugar. 👇

Already downloaded The RatCatcher and Poison already. Will see it later today.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:27am On Oct 02, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Most people are waiting for the better quality on October 10 I think.
I can't go through watching Chinese hardcoded subtitles while watching something that a better quality will be out in a week time.

Same here o. I have been patient and I will continue to be patient.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CrystalTiger(m): 5:46am On Oct 02, 2023
Transformers- Revenge of the Fallen, 2009= 8/10..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:22am On Oct 02, 2023
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyRxxpD3yNw?si=Z-bfmjitpas-jjO-
The goat is going to be the real star of this movie. Might join the greats like Mushu from Mulan and Iago from Aladdin.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:22am On Oct 02, 2023
abduleez1:
Now this is something to get hyped for..... looks really fun. 🤩🤩

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OJIne8YlQk?si=f6bnsIqbUpE-9hoX
I need this movie to come out like yesterday. Gaawwwdd!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Matix222: 6:25am On Oct 02, 2023
Anny69:
We haven't. cool

Hmmm 🤔 the guy is really a fool sha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2023
Anny69:
grin grin

Let me link you up with a movie director. You might actually make a good movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hope2014(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2023
Please where can I download movies, nkiri does not have some movies I wish to download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hakeem12(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2023
Hope2014:
Please where can I download movies, nkiri does not have some movies I wish to download
medeberiyaa dot com
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2023
majesticguy:

Maan..The $1m most likely went to the color grading and serènrèn cinematography 😄, "Brotherhood" was marginally better than this, but even that also suffered from the same fundamental flaw of repeated or haphazard script writing. Brotherhood followed the tout/agbero/omonilè template, you wouldn't believe what happened next!, The same filmmaker took the same exact template and basically repeated it a mere few months later, and here is where it gets annoying, she sold the rights to the same streaming platform, and this time called it "Gangs of Lagos" 😩, and that's not even the kicker, she went further to use the same lead, "Tobi Bakre" in both 😩. I basically can't tell these movies apart. My friend that is a sound engineer worked on the score of both, told me that the "Gangs of Lagos" project, was the easiest money he has made, he basically just tweaked the score from "Brotherhood" a little and pasted it in "Gangs of Lagos and called it a day 😩. Imagine my "shock" Africa Magic announced a new IP show weeks back, and named it "Slum King", no prizes for guessing that it is still the Agberó/Omonilè template 😄 and you wouldn't believe who is still the lead in this, our very own Tobi Bakre again 😭. Them wan use this template wound us, 😩😩. So you see, the industry here have a serious problem with originality and proper scripting. It is so sad that Nigeria actually has a rich history of literary work work just waiting to be adapted into movies and these filmmakers aren't ready to pay to get these rights, at least when Hollywood writers hit a scripting mental block issue, they turned to this option. I'm still waiting for a proper adaptation of the classic, "The Last days at Forcados high" 😩😩.

I respect your opinion Sir, the fact is that we encourage mediocrity a lot, that's why the industry is stagnant. Asides the locations, and the few veteran actors that did justice to their roles, the whole thing was just horrendous

Maan..You called this right, but we live in a society were if you hate mediocrity, it will seem as if you are doing the wrong thing. In Uni, I can't even lie, i didn't use to bother with new gen 9ja songs because of how sub-par they were but they took the criticism personal, rebranded Afro-beat, and now like 50% of my daily songs driver is Afro beat, and basically the whole world is vibing to our sound now. But the movie industry is the direct opposite, it is like a cult, you are the opps if you criticize.

Maan...You called this rightly again. I knew there was something totally off about his portrayal of the role, man was basically fighting for his life in it,😩..The RMD i know is not the "Action guy", in his younger days, he was a lover boy type cast, then as he grew older, he became a sugar daddy/ family man type cast, he can also pull off an "Egbon" role that wouldn't require all the stunts he was desperately trying to do in this, You see as Sam Dede was comfortable in his role, because that's what he is used to. RMD, i am afraid doesn't have that range, and the casting crew are actually mad.

Honestly the industry needs to buckle up, one step forward, ten steps backwards. Check out Korean movie, I don't mean the love sh.it, I mean actual Korean movies and see what real progression looks like

lol. Yeah.,The writing was a big big problem no proper flow, no proper character design, everything was just happening haphazardly with near zero coordination. If they had sticked a proper script, they might have be on to something special with the very fine production set they had, shame it all seems like a waste as the flick has a near zero replay value.

They seriously do need to buckle up and the Korean project should be their inspiration. Some 15 years ago, The Koreans were not even at the level they are now, but they did serious work and they now they are churning out top shelf shows and movies almost on a weekly basis and having major streaming platforms jostling for rights to these Korean content.

Nollywood has come so far to still be at this level and i seriously do hope they improve because for some reason i am in a love/hate relationship with them grin so i am rooting for the industry to succeed, if for anything, i have people in the industry that get thier daily bread from it, and it would do them a whole lot of good to their pockets 😄 and thier career trajectory if the Industry goes to the very top by making quality media that the whole world would want to see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
🎥 Nowhere (2023) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

(1) (2) (3) ... (3702) (3703) (3704) (3705) (3706) (3707) (3708) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: areee(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.