Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3783315 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3717) (3718) (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) ... (3844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2023
toluxe0075:

Perhaps the trailer did not do justice to the movie because it’s getting great reviews and praises all over the world, especially among critics. It currently has 100% rating on rotten tomatoes with 29 reviews.

It’s currently Nigeria’s official selection for Oscars. With the massive support it’s getting all over the world, it’s likely it will make it to the best international feature film which would be a massive win for Nigeria movie industry.

Besides, it’s the first Nigerian movie at Sundance and it was highly reviewed and appreciated. That alone is a win for the the Nigeria movie industry. At least, more Nigerian filmmakers will begin to look beyond the usual style of filmmaking they do and begin to be more deliberate when making their films.

Yeah I'm aware of its accolades but this trailer made it all suspect. I heard of the Sundance Film Festival buzz over a week before I posted it. Seeing it being promoted as Nigeria's submission to the Oscars was what brought it back into my radar.
Funny enough I still saw the director talking about his movie and another hype train on Channels TV yesterday or so.

All in all, the trailer is wack af and the director needs to go and learn how to cut trailers. The major thing that makes me kinda annoyed with the movie isn't majorly on the trailer sef but on the actors. I was hearing some weird vibes of pidgin English. It's as if the actors were trying to speak "phóné" while trying to converse and that made it somewhat irritating or unoriginal.

That trailer sef, I don't really know what story they're trying to tell. The RT scores don't move me one bit, even with all the positive press of it.

I just rewatched the trailer once more, just to be sure if I'm not hating on the movie for no reason but I'm still not seeing anything groundbreaking about it.... except probably for the beautiful Cinematography which I've already acknowledged in my initial post.

Will keep an eye on it cuz the buzz I ain't understanding.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HeadPrincipal: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
myami:
we need to ban foreign movies for Nollywood to grow

Please, we should be careful before we "ban" anything. Banning should be the last resort.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by KangaIye: 7:12am On Oct 26, 2023
Gran Turismo
8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dianabrown2323: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2023
Avatar: The Way of Water grin I thought it is the best PG 13 Movies on Netflix[https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader/best-pg-13-movies-on-netflix.htm/url].
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Pinkeyes: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
myami:
You people will not asaba Nollywood. You be watching afolayan works

I rather hang than watch asaba movie.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
🎥 The Royal Hotel (2023) = 6/10 ✔️

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
🎥 Mayor Of Kingstown S01-2 (2021-23) = 7.8/10 ✔️ ❤️

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
🎥 The Exorcist Believer (2023) = 4.8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purvan(m): 4:40am On Oct 27, 2023
8/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
The fault in our stars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
🎥 Five Nights At Freddy's (2023) = 5.5/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2023
armadeo:

This is where the problem lies promoting mediocrity.

What's wrong if nollywood catches up with the world stage why shut out the rest of the world so we can only see the crapfest that is here.

They've been some nigerian movies and series produced these days that are surprising for me. Not highly rated but interesting to watch.

If they can do that they can do more and better.

Well said.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Reasons why i dont trust Rotten Tomatoes any more. Old Dads is the best movie i watched this week, it was just so funny to me. I'm sure critics wont love it because it is taking shots against modern culture an how stupid they are
I just watched Five Nights at Freddys and i would say - it is not th best movie out there, nut it is definitely worth wathing - It wasnt scary but just really really creepy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Triangle, 2009
Psychological Horror

After an unexpected storm destroys their Yacht, a group of friends take refuge in a cruise liner. They soon find out that the ship had been abandoned, but they weren't alone
I think Circle should have been a more appropriate title for this movie

Rating: 6.5/10

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:23am On Oct 28, 2023
Spike Lee’s list of 95 must-see movies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HeadPrincipal: 4:24am On Oct 28, 2023
phr0nesis:
Triangle, 2009
Psychological Horror

After an unexpected storm destroys their Yacht, a group of friends take refuge in a cruise liner. They soon find out that the ship had been abandoned, but they weren't alone
I think Circle should have been a more appropriate title for this movie

Rating: 6.5/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/faq/

The title "Triangle" is a reference to Bermuda Triangle.

There have been urban legends of the Bermuda Triangle freezing ships and planes in time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2023
HeadPrincipal:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/faq/

The title "Triangle" is a reference to Bermuda Triangle.

There have been urban legends of the Bermuda Triangle freezing ships and planes in time.
Ooh
I never really thought towards that direction. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2023
First look at ‘SNOW WHITE’, starring Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot.

In theaters on March 21, 2025.

They finally changed it back to dwarves. But CGI dwarves

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Mumu choice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2023
Baddestguyp:

the way they will reshoot this movie after the actor's strike eh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by movieloadedtrai: 1:05am On Oct 29, 2023
ALL NEW WEEK Official Movies & TV Series trailers for October 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACHhbz_KJSg

The Killers
Leave The World Behind
Best Christmas Ever
How to Frame a Family

Be the first to see everything coming to theatres and your favourite streaming platforms - all in one place!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2023
[Pain Hustlers 7.5/10

Seeing Emily blunt trying to be stripper is funny as hell grin, this movie is good sha, almost the same plot with "wolf of Wall Street" and American hustle, says alot of capitalism in America, their bribery and currupt system is different from ours

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
Weekend Movie

- Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

The day of reckoning is finally here. Looking forward to another mission, should I choose to accept it, of watching Tom Cruise run like his village people are chasing him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Movie

- Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

The day of reckoning is finally here. Looking forward to another mission, should I choose to accept it, of watching Tom Cruise run like his village people are chasing him

You missed your calling. I read that in epic voice guys voice

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
GloriousGbola:

You missed your calling. I read that in epic voice guys voice
Never too late to start that YouTube channel grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
Baddestguyp:

This movie might still bomb. There's already hate towards it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Illusioneffect:
Reasons why i dont trust Rotten Tomatoes any more. Old Dads is the best movie i watched this week, it was just so funny to me. I'm sure critics wont love it because it is taking shots against modern culture an how stupid they are
I just watched Five Nights at Freddys and i would say - it is not th best movie out there, nut it is definitely worth wathing - It wasnt scary but just really really creepy

This was a good movie. Had a lot of laughs particularly if toure used to bill burr stand up comedy. He just wrote a special and made it into a movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2023
Damn, this movie is bloody overperforming...😀😀

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
armadeo:

This movie might still bomb. There's already hate towards it.
Might? The real surprise would be if it doesn't bomb
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
If you get link to ruronin kenshin Tokyo inferno and Legend ends..

Kindly drop ooo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kaycee7:
Might? The real surprise would be if it doesn't bomb

Abi. They've remade the 7 magical people back to dwarves. Enough rewrites will happen.

The world is tired of their rubbish.

In the words on jokes on woke " we'll tell you with our wallets we didn't beat up jossie smollet"

Lol clowns

(1) (2) (3) ... (3717) (3718) (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) ... (3844) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.