Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3736027 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2023
Illusioneffect:

I've had lots of discussions about this movie. When I watched it in cinemas first of, I was just so overwhelmed that I couldn't even understand what was really going on. I was just soaking in the cinematic masterpiece that it was
So I recently watched it on my laptop in 4k. Just from the sound only at the beginning with the rain dropping sounds, I just replayed just that 1 minute before we could see Oppenheimer's face over and over and over again; the music blasting all through the movie just had its own story to tell that it didn't really feel like a movie to me anymore but a visual orchestra. When I heard that Can you feel the music I immediately went to Spotify to listen to it repeatedly. No doubt, this movie is one of my top 5 movies of all times.

Omo, the movie is a cinematic triumph.
I actually used over 5hrs to properly watch and savour the movie in its entirety. I couldn't rush it and there were numerous scenes I can't count that I had to continually repeat to fully get the significance.
It's a surely memorable movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2023
abduleez1:

This one na Lamba....

I want to believe that the Awards bodies have a certain way of thinking and appraising films and there standards is quite different from reviews aggregator sites like RT.

Blonde for example had a 42% "Rotten Score" but it didn't stop the lead actress Ana De Armas from getting nominated for Best Actress in almost all the major awards this year. She got nominated in BAFTA, SAG Awards, Golden Globes and ultimately The Academy.
That already speaks unison.
The movie was condemned, but her performance was praised, hence she got nominated, while the movie was shelved

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
phr0nesis:

The movie was condemned, but her performance was praised, hence she got nominated, while the movie was shelved

The film's themes and topics were always going to be controversial so it definitely won't be favourable to critics opinion.

This reinforces the fact which I'm responding to that Rotten Tomato score doesn't really affect a movie's Awards hopes as far as it's not an irredeemably bad movie. As long as the movie had one of its acting performers get nominated all through for excellence, in essence it testifies to the film at least being good in one aspect of filmmaking.

You can't remove acting from a film. It's a crucial part of it. That's the essence of the performing arts. So if they gave only the actors reward for excellence, it's still essentially to the film's benefit.

There's also other examples here that I don't want to bring in cause it's been reiterated here before like Joker and The Whale.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2023
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
abduleez1:

The film's themes and topics were always going to be controversial so it definitely won't be favourable to critics opinion.

This reinforces the fact which I'm responding to that Rotten Tomato score doesn't really affect a movie's Awards hopes as far as it's not an irredeemably bad movie. As long as the movie had one of its acting performers get nominated all through for excellence, in essence it testifies to the film at least being good in one aspect of filmmaking.

You can't remove acting from a film. It's a crucial part of it. That's the essence of the performing arts. So if they gave only the actors reward for excellence, it's still essentially to the film's benefit.

There's also other examples here that I don't want to bring in cause it's been reiterated here before like Joker and The Whale.
In my initial statement, I said they "somehow" influence awards choices. Not all the times, but a lot of the time. I'm not disputing your statement in any way
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
@ Phr0nesis....

Here's some movies with below par RT scores but were nominated Best Picture in the Oscars.

Don't Look Up' (2021) had 56%

"Bohemian Rhapsody" (2018) had 60% RT score.

Vice (2018) which I believe to be one of the best biopics I ever watched had 65% RT score.

Les Miserables (2012) had 70%... Funny enough I heard this movie was seriously hated on back then when it released and it was one of the few last movies Roger Ebert absolutely trashed before his death in 2013.

Then there's this one that takes the cake "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' (2011) with a 45% RT score. 🙃

What you should understand is that some critics rate films based on political leanings, cultural relevance and personal beliefs. They mostly did not like Blonde mainly because of how pitiful Marilyn Monroe was portrayed but they couldn't deny Ana De Armas impeccable performance. I don't think they'd be more pissed if it was an adaptation of a fictional character. Playing historical figures on screen has its own expectations and hurdles especially for people who knew these persons during their lifetime.

The Academy Awards and other award bodies have members who are part of the filmmaking industry (actors, directors, executives, producers, cinematographers etc), so their metrics for scoring movies can be widely different from that of professional critics who can be rigid at times in their own perceptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2023
phr0nesis:

In my initial statement, I said they "somehow" influence awards choices. Not all the times, but a lot of the time. I'm not disputing your statement in any way

No issues bro... I'm just highlighting a few things.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
abduleez1:

No issues bro... I'm just highlighting a few things.
All noted bro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by drizzle0007(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
abduleez1:
OPPENHEIMER.....9.9/10

A bit slow at first, then the story begins to pick up on the hour mark. At 1hr28mins into the film, the story fully escalates and it's a joyride henceforth. Everything about the movie was superb. There's not much I can say about the film that hasn't been said already.

But, it's a cinematic Masterpiece. Premium Cinematography. Superb acting performances from all the entire cast especially to the likes of Cillian Murphy, Matt Damon, Florence Pugh, Jason Clarke.
The standout performances for me in the movie were for both Robert Downey Jr. and Emily Blunt. Both gave Oscar worthy performances. It's an ensemble movie nicely done with virtually all the characters having a role to play in elevating the story.

The connection of the opening scene of the film in the explosion chain reaction with the text saying: "Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to man. For this, He was chained to a rock and punished for eternity", in relation to Albert Einstein's words to Oppenheimer, both scenes are creatively profound.
Einstein said Oppie was going to face the consequences of his achievement and was going to be punished for it by people, and when they've punished him enough they'd later give him an award, celebrating his life achievements but really it was to compensate him and to make themselves feel better.
What a way to start a movie and end it.
Christopher Nolan is a master storyteller.

I also loved the symbolism of Nolan using colour for past events and black and white for present happenings. A break from the norm. Also, the illustrations of Oppie's thoughts using the solar system, colors, sound and light to properly convey his emotions. It's just brilliant.

The minus 0.1 point deduction was for not revealing to me the sweet face of defeat of Lewis Strauss at the press release after being rejected by the Senate committee.

After seeing the film, now I understand the hype. This is the first clear Best Picture contender I've watched all year round. The award just seems destined for this film.

Emily blunts performance was not great at all. Her acting seemed forced. Least favourite part of the movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2023
drizzle0007:

Emily blunts performance was not great at all. Her acting seemed forced. Least favourite part of the movie.

I don't really think it was forced.

She was just most likely playing a tortured soul. If you look closely she had a difficult communication or relationship with her kids. She was nonchalant in her duties as a mom that they initially had to put the first kid under the care of close friends. I actually hated her initially cos she was a nuisance but after the scene when that annoying prosecutor Roger Robb interviewed her and how she delivered that scene, she immediately changed my perception of her portrayal.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by drizzle0007(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2023
abduleez1:

I don't really think it was forced.

She was just most likely playing a tortured soul. If you look closely she had a difficult communication or relationship with her kids. She was nonchalant in her duties as a mom that they initially had to put the first kid under the care of close friends. I actually hated her initially cos she was a nuisance but after the scene when that annoying prosecutor Roger Robb interviewed her and how she delivered that scene, she immediately changed my perception of her portrayal.

Yes, her interrogation scene was good. Her scenes before that was a hard watch. I felt her scenes are not so difficult to pull off. Bad mother, spoilt woman, daring and logical wife. The part where she had to search for Oppenheimer in the woods was the worst for me, terrible acting there. The side piece did a far better job, just fantastic. Didn't have much screentime but she was perfect everytime... Not for obvious reasons btw.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
"Oppenhemier" (2023)

"Now i am become ☠️.. the destroyer of worlds
J. Robert Oppenheimer, July 16, 1945"

Perhaps one of my biggest regret in all my years as a cinephile will probably be passing up the opportunity to see this on the biggest of screen, so i had wait months for the home media to drop because CN is so hell bent on a long cinematic run for his flicks 😒, it finally dropped and it still took me 2 weeks after it dropped to see it, so as to be in the right "head space" and i can wholeheartedly say, the wait was 100% worth it, because simply put, this masterpiece is the best movie i have seen this year, and most likely the best i have seen in a long while.

There are so many good things to talk about this epic biopic that i am so spoiled for choice.

This might be one of the very well told biopic in Hollywood history, The J. Robert Oppenheimer big screen story was all that you wanted it to be, A genius scientist that was not even the best of his generation is tasked with creating a weapon of mass destruction, a literal "world destroyer", after an initial hesitation due to what it would mean for those who "mean well for the weapon" and "those who do not", but with his jewish heritage mix with intense antisemitism of the Nazis in WW II, he is finally convinced that making said "destroyer of world" weapon will end the Nazi's antisemitism and effectively end the war, fuelled by this and his eternal obsession for success and perfection, he gathered like minds on a long stretch of barren land on Los Alamos to make the "world destroyer", but before the bomb is even complete, Adolf Hitler, the Fuhrër of Nazi Germany, the eternal enemy of the jewish folk, puts a bullet through his brains, eliminating "the need" for the bomb, but with the Japanese still hell bent on the war, JRO forges ahead in making it, and the movie then juxtaposed into the thought and afterthought of the sheer personal moral wobble and unbridled guilt or not of making the deadliest weapon this planet has ever known.

The cast is such an underrated star studded feature, Christopher Nolan was able to convince some of his "usual suspects" to star in this and also added some more star power. This movie had Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Josh Harnett and even Gary Oldman. But perhaps the star of the show has to be RDJ and a certain "Cillian Murphy". It was nice to see RDJ shine in a project where he is not wearing an iron suit, post MCU RDJ is a gem! and except something shifts significantly, he is locked for best supporting actor during the award season.

J. Robert Oppenheimer was an eccentric enigma of many facets, a physicist maniac obsessed with how atoms and neutrons, affect the Jewish and communist world around him and how his personal life fits into all this . In Cillian Murphy, Christopher Nolan, found a perfect method maniac to bring his epic biopic to life, Cillian has always been on the fringes on previous CN project, but he is at the center here, the very nucleus of the entire thing, in the entire run, he never for once stayed out of character, with one of the finest method acting i have ever witnessed. He had the best acting performance by a lead actor this calendar year, and should deservedly get the Oscar top price.

Christopher Nolan has already established his hold as a master filmmaker obsessed with absolute perfection but he takes it up a notch with this . The production value of this was 100%, the finest in a while. The deliberate usage of "White and Black" for the Lewis Strauss narrative and Colored for the JR Oppenhemier narrative meant there were so many shots you can actually frame. The cinematography was heavenly and it might be subtle, but Christopher Nolan uses different aspect ratio for different scenes in his movie to properly tell a particular analogy or emotion the said scene is trying to protray, and it was used brilliantly here. It might seem tedious to watch in one take because so many things seem to be happening at once, but the payoff is huge, followed carefully, the enitre movie was like an interstallar travel through space and time, that is beautifully crafted for the sci fi, drama or both enthusiast to enjoy. My disdain for movies with excessively long runtime is open, but 3 hours felt a little bit short, because of how good this was. Christopher Nolan favors loud noises with intense background score, (He surprisingly opted for Ludwig Göransson instead of Hans Zimmer , and the "student" made "the master" proud"winkto convey dread and anxiety, so this movie will be much more enjoyable with good subtitles on. I also noticed how, each scene with where they discuss the science of the atomic bomb, it cuts to a representation of explosive atomic reaction. Yeah....i have no doubt that this is the "Best Picture" of the year...none of that Barbie rogbodiyan nonesense!

This is my best movie this year, heck, This is "the" best movie this year!, and it might be for awhile. A phenomenal motion picture true and true.

9/10.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Saturnalia(m): 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2023
There are a lot of actors that I consider as my favorites and I pay utmost attention when watching any movie that features any of these brilliant actors.

These actors, in no particular order, are Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Mark Warlberg, Ben Affleck, Robert Deniro, Al Pacino, Jason Statham, Vin Diesel (until now), Nicholas Cage, Clive Owen, Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.

Sincerely, some of these actors have let me down with many of their recent movies, but I still hold them in high regards.

Tonight, my focus is Jason Statham.

Jason Statham is a stunning actor with amazing skills that will always keep you glued to your screen.

I first came across this brilliant actor around 2003 when I watched “The Transporter - 2002”. I have been hunting for his movies ever since.

I later watched “The Bank Job - 2008” and “The Mechanic - 2011” and I was very impressed.

One of his movies that let me down was “Operation Fortune - 2023”. I had so much expectation for this movie after watching its trailer but I couldn’t delete it from my archive because of Hugh Grant’s performance.

Another movie that left me less than impressed with Statham’s work was the recent “Meg 2: The Trench”. I love its prequel “The Meg - 2018” but unfortunately, the fire that kept me hungry for more was missing in the second part, which made me delete it.

Nonetheless, In honour of this English martial artist that I respect so much, I recommend the following movies for your viewing pleasures.

1.) Killer Elite 2011 - 8.5/10.

This is one of my best action movies of all time that I thoroughly enjoyed, featuring 3 of my favorite actors.

2.) Parker 2013 - 9/10.

Jennifer Lopez’s comic relief made me love this movie.

3.) Mechanic: Resurrection 2016 - 8.5/10

Only a handful of actresses can match my love & respect for Jessica Alba. If no be condition wey make cray fish bend, na this kind woman I suppose marry. Even if she get any ugly character, I no go mind at all. I love this babe die!

4.) Wrath of Man 2021 - 9/10.

I am always fascinated by any movie that has a theme of vengeance. This movie reminds me of Sho Kosugi’s quote in Ninja Assassin - 2009 (Another great movie that I love). “Weakness compels strength. Betrayal begets blood. This is the law of the nine clans”.

Notable Mentions:

1.) Wild Card 2015 - 8/10. This is another movie that I thoroughly enjoyed.

2.) The Bee Keeper 2024 - Seeing the trailer of this movie, I am already jacked to the teeth in anticipation of the release of this masterpiece.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 6:15am On Nov 23, 2023
This coupled with Jenna Ortega not returning. Looks like it's up to Neve Campbell to save the franchise again.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2023
Apt response 👍🏿. I can't imagine the number of movies of other genre that was made off the profits of the billions, Superheroes were making at the B.O at a time.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2023
oyaskii:
Apt response 👍🏿. I can't imagine the number of movies of other genre that was made off the profits of the billions, Superheroes were making at the B.O at a time.

Nice.

My favorite part of the quote was that "there needs to be respect for the audience's desire for something new"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:26am On Nov 23, 2023
Who noticed that Amber turd wasn't on Aquaman: the lost kingdom trailer? 😂😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3bqvOHRQo&pp=ygURYXF1YW1hbiAyIHRyYWlsZXI%3D

Girl destroyed her career with her hands, I just hope Aquaman dosen't flop because of her.
🤔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3eO2aX-fXg

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Just watched the trailer of The Beekeeper. Shit gave me goosebumps.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2023
oyaskii:

Some people just love to pretend as if Superhero fare hasn't delivered some of the best films or TV shows that has come out the last two decades.

Some facts people seem to forget is that Comic Book Movies is the most adaptable genre presently. No one comes close.

A comic book film can be a Western like LOGAN, a character study like JOKER, a space opera like GOTG, a horror delight like SWAMP THING, a neo-noir detective film like THE BATMAN, a racial/social commentary like WATCHMEN (2019), a WWII pic such as WONDER WOMAN, a superhero team-up Masterpiece like INFINITY WAR, a dystopian superhero world like THE BOYS, Gothic horror fantasy like THE SANDMAN.

This genre has endured for decades and has adapted as the times required. It's a battle tested genre and a survivalist champion. An industry Hegemon. Dedicated organised fandom.

The industry might be facing some hiccups at the moment but it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. It's just to make some tweaks and rediscover what audiences really want and retrace its roots and what made CBMs a novel genre in the first place. Superhero in TV and Films have been around since the 50s.
It's highly adaptable. So we'd be seeing CBMs films and TV shows for a long time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2023
Lmao.... How this guy TF scammed Netflix. 😂😂😂

I need this kind RIZZ.... grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2023
James Gunn delivering Ws back to back...

R rated Etrigan the Demon project?? DC is so fvvking back!!

This man wan use excitement kee person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:18am On Nov 23, 2023
abduleez1:
James Gunn delivering Ws back to back...

R rated Etrigan the Demon project?? DC is so fvvking back!!

This man wan use excitement kee person.
Etrigan R-rated film
Dr Fate show
Chai! Joy really comes in the morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2023
abduleez1:
OPPENHEIMER.....9.9/10

A bit slow at first, then the story begins to pick up on the hour mark. At 1hr28mins into the film, the story fully escalates and it's a joyride henceforth. Everything about the movie was superb. There's not much I can say about the film that hasn't been said already.

But, it's a cinematic Masterpiece. Premium Cinematography. Superb acting performances from all the entire cast especially to the likes of Cillian Murphy, Matt Damon, Florence Pugh, Jason Clarke.
The standout performances for me in the movie were for both Robert Downey Jr. and Emily Blunt. Both gave Oscar worthy performances. It's an ensemble movie nicely done with virtually all the characters having a role to play in elevating the story.

The connection of the opening scene of the film in the explosion chain reaction with the text saying: "Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to man. For this, He was chained to a rock and punished for eternity", in relation to Albert Einstein's words to Oppenheimer, both scenes are creatively profound.
Einstein said Oppie was going to face the consequences of his achievement and was going to be punished for it by people, and when they've punished him enough they'd later give him an award, celebrating his life achievements but really it was to compensate him and to make themselves feel better.
What a way to start a movie and end it.
Christopher Nolan is a master storyteller.

I also loved the symbolism of Nolan using colour for past events and black and white for present happenings. A break from the norm. Also, the illustrations of Oppie's thoughts using the solar system, colors, sound and light to properly convey his emotions. It's just brilliant.

The minus 0.1 point deduction was for not revealing to me the sweet face of defeat of Lewis Strauss at the press release after being rejected by the Senate committee.

After seeing the film, now I understand the hype. This is the first clear Best Picture contender I've watched all year round. The award just seems destined for this film.
Nolan made fùcking Dane Dehaan act his àss off in a minor role. I had no idea this guy could get more goated as a director in my books.

Imagine Strauss at the press release after being rejected by the Senate Committee and he takes of his glasses and just quietly says "I am Iron Man" 😁😁😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2023
oyaskii:
"Oppenhemier" (2023)

"Now i am become ☠️.. the destroyer of worlds
J. Robert Oppenheimer, July 16, 1945"

Perhaps one of my biggest regret in all my years as a cinephile will probably be passing up the opportunity to see this on the biggest of screen, so i had wait months for the home media to drop because CN is so hell bent on a long cinematic run for his flicks 😒, it finally dropped and it still took me 2 weeks after it dropped to see it, so as to be in the right "head space" and i can wholeheartedly say, the wait was 100% worth it, because simply put, this masterpiece is the best movie i have seen this year, and most likely the best i have seen in a long while.

There are so many good things to talk about this epic biopic that i am so spoiled for choice.

This might be one of the very well told biopic in Hollywood history, The J. Robert Oppenheimer big screen story was all that you wanted it to be, A genius scientist that was not even the best of his generation is tasked with creating a weapon of mass destruction, a literal "world destroyer", after an initial hesitation due to what it would mean for those who "mean well for the weapon" and "those who do not", but with his jewish heritage mix with intense antisemitism of the Nazis in WW II, he is finally convinced that making said "destroyer of world" weapon will end the Nazi's antisemitism and effectively end the war, fuelled by this and his eternal obsession for success and perfection, he gathered like minds on a long stretch of barren land on Los Alamos to make the "world destroyer", but before the bomb is even complete, Adolf Hitler, the Fuhrër of Nazi Germany, the eternal enemy of the jewish folk, puts a bullet through his brains, eliminating "the need" for the bomb, but with the Japanese still hell bent on the war, JRO forges ahead in making it, and the movie then juxtaposed into the thought and afterthought of the sheer personal moral wobble and unbridled guilt or not of making the deadliest weapon this planet has ever known.

The cast is such an underrated star studded feature, Christopher Nolan was able to convince some of his "usual suspects" to star in this and also added some more star power. This movie had Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Josh Harnett and even Gary Oldman. But perhaps the star of the show has to be RDJ and a certain "Cillian Murphy". It was nice to see RDJ shine in a project where he is not wearing an iron suit, post MCU RDJ is a gem! and except something shifts significantly, he is locked for best supporting actor during the award season.

J. Robert Oppenheimer was an eccentric enigma of many facets, a physicist maniac obsessed with how atoms and neutrons, affect the Jewish and communist world around him and how his personal life fits into all this . In Cillian Murphy, Christopher Nolan, found a perfect method maniac to bring his epic biopic to life, Cillian has always been on the fringes on previous CN project, but he is at the center here, the very nucleus of the entire thing, in the entire run, he never for once stayed out of character, with one of the finest method acting i have ever witnessed. He had the best acting performance by a lead actor this calendar year, and should deservedly get the Oscar top price.

Christopher Nolan has already established his hold as a master filmmaker obsessed with absolute perfection but he takes it up a notch with this . The production value of this was 100%, the finest in a while. The deliberate usage of "White and Black" for the Lewis Strauss narrative and Colored for the JR Oppenhemier narrative meant there were so many shots you can actually frame. The cinematography was heavenly and it might be subtle, but Christopher Nolan uses different aspect ratio for different scenes in his movie to properly tell a particular analogy or emotion the said scene is trying to protray, and it was used brilliantly here. It might seem tedious to watch in one take because so many things seem to be happening at once, but the payoff is huge, followed carefully, the enitre movie was like an interstallar travel through space and time, that is beautifully crafted for the sci fi, drama or both enthusiast to enjoy. My disdain for movies with excessively long runtime is open, but 3 hours felt a little bit short, because of how good this was. Christopher Nolan favors loud noises with intense background score, (He surprisingly opted for Ludwig Göransson instead of Hans Zimmer , and the "student" made "the master" proud"winkto convey dread and anxiety, so this movie will be much more enjoyable with good subtitles on. I also noticed how, each scene with where they discuss the science of the atomic bomb, it cuts to a representation of explosive atomic reaction. Yeah....i have no doubt that this is the "Best Picture" of the year...none of that Barbie rogbodiyan nonesense!

This is my best movie this year, heck, This is "the" best movie this year!, and it might be for awhile. A phenomenal motion picture true and true.

9/10.
Chris Nolan coming in late in the second half with a screamer to save cinema in 2023.

I've been appreciating Ludwig for a while now but this movie really put him solidly in the running for Zimmer's throne cos I deadass thought it was Zimmer in the composer's seat, as usual, until I saw the credits.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2023
Kaycee7:
Etrigan R-rated film
Dr Fate show
Chai! Joy really comes in the morning

There's more sef... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2023
Kaycee7:
Nolan made fùcking Dane Dehaan act his àss off in a minor role. I had no idea this guy could get more goated as a director in my books.

Imagine Strauss at the press release after being rejected by the Senate Committee and he takes of his glasses and just quietly says "I am Iron Man" 😁😁😁

Wtf is this.... 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Wtf is this.... 😂😂😂
A Stark variant. Multiverse na your mate?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kaycee7:
A Stark variant. Multiverse na your mate?

😂😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PedoBear: 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ichi the killer 9/10

This movie too sweet, too much violence
Highly recommended for gore lovers

Horror fanatics stay clear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Omo, the movie is a cinematic triumph.
I actually used over 5hrs to properly watch and savour the movie in its entirety. I couldn't rush it and there were numerous scenes I can't count that I had to continually repeat to fully get the significance.
It's a surely memorable movie.
That movie will sure bag an Oscar award, it's a masterpiece.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Some people just love to pretend as if Superhero fare hasn't delivered some of the best films or TV shows that has come out the last two decades.

Some facts people seem to forget is that Comic Book Movies is the most adaptable genre presently. No one comes close.

A comic book film can be a Western like LOGAN, a character study like JOKER, a space opera like GOTG, a horror delight like SWAMP THING, a neo-noir detective film like THE BATMAN, a racial/social commentary like WATCHMEN (2019), a WWII pic such as WONDER WOMAN, a superhero team-up Masterpiece like INFINITY WAR, a dystopian superhero world like THE BOYS, Gothic horror fantasy like THE SANDMAN.

This genre has endured for decades and has adapted as the times required. It's a battle tested genre and a survivalist champion. An industry Hegemon. Dedicated organised fandom.

The industry might be facing some hiccups at the moment but it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. It's just to make some tweaks and rediscover what audiences really want and retrace its roots and what made CBMs a novel genre in the first place. Superhero in TV and Films have been around since the 50s.
It's highly adaptable. So we'd be seeing CBMs films and TV shows for a long time.
Exactly. Contrary to what Martin Scorsese is always waffling about, CBM might actually be one of main pillars of the industry. The definitely produced the bulk of the movies each year, and there was a time when they were very good. I like to believe the current dip in form is temporary, and they are certainly not gonna lose thier core fans over these periods. I may be openly rebuking recent CBM but i still end up seeing them, either on the big screen or VOD.

At bolded. This!!. The thinking that CBM is one dimensional might be the greatest lie ever told, like you have pointed put, CBM can surely "bend" and offer the same story but with different perspectives to make it more attractive.

The CBM genre needs a hard reboot right now, but the allure is never going away...the fans are never going away.

CC Baddestguyp.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kaycee7:
Chris Nolan coming in late in the second half with a screamer to save cinema in 2023.

I've been appreciating Ludwig for a while now but this movie really put him solidly in the running for Zimmer's throne cos I deadass thought it was Zimmer in the composer's seat, as usual, until I saw the credits.
Mannn. I was in total awe of it! I immediately wanted to see it again after the first run, only my declining 2hrs PC battery and epileptic power supply stopped me 😩😩. But I will rinse the hell out of it in the coming days 😅.

Ludwig cooked with the "Mando" score, but with CN previous association with Hans Zimmer, i thought he would score this too but maann Ludwig did a fantastic job. I don't think another project this year had a better score.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, debowale2015(m), Shegzdave and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.