Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3738878 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3774) (3775) (3776) (3777) (3778) (3779) (3780) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11
Kaycee7:
"Make e no be like say we no give you anything"

Lmao... How you guys dey come up with all this captions. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11
abduleez1:

I don hear about am for joke conversations for Twitter but I never see am.
Cos make I no too lie, I no too take that woman filmography seriously like dat.

All I remember about her in movies is about her as Storm in the Fox X-Men movies and the atrocious critically panned Catwoman movie which I also haven't watched. grin grin

When I first saw that guy's write-up and seeing Halle as a former Oscar winner I was kinda shocked sef.
I'm not saying she's not good. But Academy worthy good na im I no too sure of.
You miss. As at when I watch that film, e make sense. Now wey I don get sense pass the way I get that time, I wan watch am again. Na tomorrow package e be cos I don already download am.

Frankly, I believe Halle Berry is an Oscar worthy actress. Try watch Losing Isaiah, perhaps you'll understand why.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:26pm On Jan 11
oyaskii:
lol the fans no well πŸ˜„.

Tbh The movie was just there imo, and the only notable performance were from the female leads, even the performances aren't even award "worthy".

Even the events the movie is loosely based on is even more intriguing and is one of my fave true crime docu. So get this, A 34 year old teacher falls for her 12 year pupil, she was caught with him in a car whilst they were "frolicking" πŸ™ƒ, she was arrested and charged with child and se%ual abuse, as she was awaiting sentencing she found out she was pregnant, cuz apparently our Young chap is a "sharp shooter" and can even score under duress πŸ˜‚. So our "TILF" serve time with the pregnancy, was giving a restraining order not to come within 10 feet of our Young Chap. After doing her Jail time, with a baby, and a restraining order, the First thing our "TILF" did was to track down our Young Chap, this time, he was older a bit older, and twice the striker he was before. TILF said "i got to get me this young D" again" πŸ˜€, so he conered young chap again for another around of "frolicking", and she was caught again, and since our young chap was still underaged, she was charged with the same crime from before but this time with stiffer penalty, she was sentenced to about 7 years in Jail, and when our "TILF" stepped into jail, and this is the kicker, she found out that she was pregnant again!πŸ˜„... because apparently our Young Chap was deadlier than prime Ronaldo and Messi put together and only needed one chance to score with a conversion rate of 100% πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

A truly truly crazy story and i wished they adapted this instead.

Well all these SAG or blah blah awards that prelude the Oscars is what i tagged as the "unserious" awards, and don't really pay attention to them. I think Saltburn wasn't pushed well enough so it chances might be slim but Anatomy of a Fall will be right up there at the Oscars, and i wouldn't be surprised if the lead get best actress, an absolute gem of a performance and absolute gem of a movie!
That woman is pedophile and should be a registered sex offender. Do you have a source link?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11
oyaskii:
lol the fans no well πŸ˜„.

Tbh The movie was just there imo, and the only notable performance were from the female leads, even the performances aren't even award "worthy".

Even the events the movie is loosely based on is even more intriguing and is one of my fave true crime docu. So get this, A 34 year old teacher falls for her 12 year pupil, she was caught with him in a car whilst they were "frolicking" πŸ™ƒ, she was arrested and charged with child and se%ual abuse, as she was awaiting sentencing she found out she was pregnant, cuz apparently our Young chap is a "sharp shooter" and can even score under duress πŸ˜‚. So our "TILF" serve time with the pregnancy, was giving a restraining order not to come within 10 feet of our Young Chap. After doing her Jail time, with a baby, and a restraining order, the First thing our "TILF" did was to track down our Young Chap, this time, he was older a bit older, and twice the striker he was before. TILF said "i got to get me this young D" again" πŸ˜€, so he conered young chap again for another around of "frolicking", and she was caught again, and since our young chap was still underaged, she was charged with the same crime from before but this time with stiffer penalty, she was sentenced to about 7 years in Jail, and when our "TILF" stepped into jail, and this is the kicker, she found out that she was pregnant again!πŸ˜„... because apparently our Young Chap was deadlier than prime Ronaldo and Messi put together and only needed one chance to score with a conversion rate of 100% πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

A truly truly crazy story and i wished they adapted this instead.

Well all these SAG or blah blah awards that prelude the Oscars is what i tagged as the "unserious" awards, and don't really pay attention to them. I think Saltburn wasn't pushed well enough so it chances might be slim but Anatomy of a Fall will be right up there at the Oscars, and i wouldn't be surprised if the lead get best actress, an absolute gem of a performance and absolute gem of a movie!

Omo, this guy and him "TILF" story is as crazy AF as it gets. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Damn.
Na this thing na en that movie give us one painfully tame adaptation by Todd Haynes then director come dey give us one pretentious vibes as if the film is a mind fvvk or difficult to understand.

Well, historically, seems the SAG Awards gets most of the nominations and winners that eventually carries over to the Oscars.

True that, Saltburn wasn't pushed well. I'm definitely sure Anatomy of a Fall would surely perform well at the Oscars. It's certain. Also, Oscars likes to bring one candidate that the rest awards mostly overlook into the fray.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11
Ishilove:

That woman is pedophile and should be a registered sex offender. Do you have a source link?
Yt people law is something else, she was only registered as a sex offender when she did it a second time, worst of all, you only got 3 months jail time, the first time around...crazy still, she was actually married" whilst chasing and abusing the young man...a really really crazy story.

I just hope spam bot doesn't nab me but check the link below

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/mary-kay-letourneau-may-december-true-story-1234918355/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:43pm On Jan 11
abduleez1:

Omo, this guy and him "TILF" story is as crazy AF as it gets. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Damn.
Na this thing na en that movie give us one painfully tame adaptation by Todd Haynes then director come dey give us one pretentious vibes as if the film is a mind fvvk or difficult to understand.

Well, historically, seems the SAG Awards gets most of the nominations and winners that eventually carries over to the Oscars.

True that, Saltburn wasn't pushed well. I'm definitely sure Anatomy of a Fall would surely perform well at the Oscars. It's certain. Also, Oscars likes to bring one candidate that the rest awards mostly overlook into the fray.
Yes, the true story as bizarre as it sounds would had definitely made a better movie.

I don't know if you followed the Golden Globe? I feel that is a true reflection of how the Oscars is going to go..."Oppie" will sweep the main categories, while the other movies will fight it out for the scraps. Best actor, Best Picture, Best Director, Best score, Best sound editing is totally off the table for other movies imo...Oppie is far too strong and clearly in the lead in those categories.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:00pm On Jan 11
oyaskii:
Yt people law is something else, she was only registered as a sex offender when she did it a second time, worst of all, you only got 3 months jail time, the first time around...crazy still, she was actually married" whilst chasing and abusing the young man...a really really crazy story.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/mary-kay-letourneau-may-december-true-story-1234918355/
What a shameless pervert. Disgusting!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by freezyprinzy(m): 11:13pm On Jan 11
Rebel moon 3/10

Should have been a series. Zack tried to do so many things in very little time and it just didn’t work.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:06am On Jan 12
Chibudollar:
Theirs something about Honorary awards. It just feels like "oya take you don try award"
ExactlyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, esp Angela Bassett, as she bone face for that Oscars, dey no like am
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:07am On Jan 12
oyaskii:
Yes, the true story as bizarre as it sounds would had definitely made a better movie.

I don't know if you followed the Golden Globe? I feel that is a true reflection of how the Oscars is going to go..."Oppie" will sweep the main categories, while the other movies will fight it out for the scraps. Best actor, Best Picture, Best Director, Best score, Best sound editing is totally off the table for other movies imo...Oppie is far too strong and clearly in the lead in those categories.
I won't be surprised if Barbie doesn't win anything. Heard Oppie will fight it out for Score πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ against who?? Boy and the Heron? πŸ˜‚. I just recently watched the Oppenheimer Opera Concert and being a fan of opera, I can genuinely say it's the hardest form of music to be played, any simple mistake can cost the entire performance worthless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQBywpw3ve4?si=cmpMfII7H72Pc4zd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:15am On Jan 12
oyaskii:

Yep, I followed the Golden Globes but I haven't still checked out the full winners list although I know most or the major winners.

Yep, it's already obvious that Oppenheimer is wrecking everybody at the awards it's unstoppable.
Overall, based on what I've seen the Globes pretty did a good job with the noms and winners.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:50am On Jan 12
Illusioneffect:

I won't be surprised if Barbie doesn't win anything. Heard Oppie will fight it out for Score πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ against who?? Boy and the Heron? πŸ˜‚. I just recently watched the Oppenheimer Opera Concert and being a fan of opera, I can genuinely say it's the hardest form of music to be played, any simple mistake can cost the entire performance worthless

Lol, you wish. grin grin
If BARBIE doesn't win anything, I still don't think NO ONE is taking Best Original Song from that film. No one comes close. I've been saying it for months since watching the movie and it already got it in the Golden Globes.
And it's most likely going to win the new category for "Best Popular Film". 😎😎

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:04am On Jan 12
Illusioneffect:

They might give "Barbie" a gimmicky award like best Cinematic box office blah blah, like they did at the Golden Globes but it is never winning the serious awards πŸ˜….

I haven't heard the Boy and Heron score but i still believe the Oppie score is the front runner maaann Ludwig Gâransson went so hard 😩😩., I saw clips of the live concert of the score and it totally looks like something i would totally enjoy and spend my hard earned funds on 😩

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:17am On Jan 12
What a fvvking joke!
How come ELEMENTAL misses out on Best Animated Film but TMNT gets a pass??
You messing with me. πŸ™„β˜ οΈ

It's like it's basically pretty graphics that is now the basis for the animation category for this year. undecided undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:19am On Jan 12
oyaskii:
They might give "Barbie" a gimmicky award like best Cinematic box office blah blah, like they did at the Golden Globes but it is never winning the serious awards πŸ˜….

I haven't heard the Boy and Heron score but i still believe the Oppie score is the front runner maaann Ludwig Gâransson went so hard 😩😩., I saw clips of the live concert of the score and it totally looks like something i would totally enjoy and spend my hard earned funds on 😩

Uhm BARBIE is definitely winning Best Original Song and that's a serious category.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:29am On Jan 12
abduleez1:

Uhm BARBIE is definitely winning Best Original Song and that's a serious category.
lol oh yes πŸ˜€..Billie Eilish made magic with that, but my context of the "serious awards" is the big 4, Best actor, Best actress, Best Picture, best director. It was submitted for best adapted screenplay i think, it might get that too, for the latter i mentioned, there are movies far superior in quality to it in that regard.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:30am On Jan 12
"The thing isn't can you read music, it is can you hear it."
"Can you hear the Music, Robert?"

As a lover of film music, I must say the Oppenheimer score might possibly be the best piece of film music i have heard in a long while without any shadow of doubt 😩.

Every note, every key totally in sync with the particular scene, like the score is so so"deliberate" that hearing the score, you can "hear" the particular scene it was "played", naaah Ludwig GΓΆransson made magic with this.

I saw clips of the Live orchestra of the Score with the actual movie playing in the background and i am like damn, White people really do know how to enjoy themselves 😩😩.

Good luck to any film music/score trying to compete with it this award season πŸ™πŸΏ.

A timeless....timeless piece of film music...Up there with the greats 🌱

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:36am On Jan 12
oyaskii:
lol oh yes πŸ˜€..Billie Eilish made magic with that, but my context of the "serious awards" is the big 4, Best actor, Best actress, Best Picture, best director. It was submitted for best adapted screenplay i think, it might get that too, for the latter i mentioned, there are movies far superior in quality to it in that regard.

Lol, we all agreed a long time ago that Barbie was not winning in the Big 7 categories.
I never took it seriously to be able to even get nominations for those.
Still kinda surprised it got noms for acting roles for Robbie and Gosling this award season.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:44am On Jan 12
abduleez1:

Lol, we all agreed a long time ago that Barbie was not winning in the Big 7 categories.
I never took it seriously to be able to even get nominations for those.
Still kinda surprised it got noms for acting roles for Robbie and Gosling this award season.
lol Yeah. Bold of Greta Gerwig to take on the project. The main thing that did the movie a great disservice was that ridiculous marketing that was blown out of proportion, it sent people's expectations of the movie to the roof. It worked out great for WB tho, the made bank with the hysteria.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:56am On Jan 12
abduleez1:
What a fvvking joke!
How come ELEMENTAL misses out on Best Animated Film but TMNT gets a pass??
You messing with me. πŸ™„β˜ οΈ

It's like it's basically pretty graphics that is now the basis for the animation category for this year. undecided undecided
Nimona? How? Wetin dey happen?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:59am On Jan 12
oyaskii:

This is why African moms are supreme. If she mistakenly survive the first time, that second time she would've certainly been greeted with hot pepper water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:03am On Jan 12
oyaskii:
"The thing isn't can you read music, it is can you hear it."
"Can you hear the Music, Robert?"

As a lover of film music, I must say the Oppenheimer score might possibly be the best piece of film music i have heard in a long while without any shadow of doubt 😩.

Every note, every key totally in sync with the particular scene, like the score is so so"deliberate" that hearing the score, you can "hear" the particular scene it was "played", naaah Ludwig GΓΆransson made magic with this.

I saw clips of the Live orchestra of the Score with the actual movie playing in the background and i am like damn, White people really do know how to enjoy themselves 😩😩.

Good luck to any film music/score trying to compete with it this award season πŸ™πŸΏ.

A timeless....timeless piece of film music...Up there with the greats 🌱

Been on a Michael Giacchino hype train since 2021 but Ludwig has now overtaken that brother in my rankings. Man is currently clear of every other composer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mid9it(m): 9:09am On Jan 12
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by myami: 9:21am On Jan 12
GloriousGbola:

Someone is triggered grin grin

And also dumb and ignorant cry

These were the kind of roles Halle berry was getting before she took 500k and showed those perky puppies.

If you are too gray matter challenged you may need to have it spelt out to you. tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qi1JxxUAtk?feature=shared

which movie is that in scantily dress. I'm having erections. About to release
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 10:46am On Jan 12
In a movie/series the Director is the most important person right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:31am On Jan 12
Chibudollar:
In a movie/series the Director is the most important person right?

It kinda depends.... It's not really straightforward.
But for movies, most time it's the director. For TV shows, I feel the screenwriter is the most important or the showrunner. Screenwriters most times are usually also the showrunners of TV shows.

Either ways, in any setup, a writer is very important in the process of filmmaking. Although, a director could improve and interpret the screenplay in ways that appeal better to the audience and play to the actors strengths. That's why a director's position is very important.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:32am On Jan 12
Kaycee7:
Nimona? How? Wetin dey happen?

I no even understand. I didn't nitpick on it cos I haven't watched it yet so I went with what I've watched and sure of.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:50am On Jan 12
abduleez1:

It kinda depends.... It's not really straightforward.
But for movies, most time it's the director. For TV shows, I feel the screenwriter is the most important or the showrunner. Screenwriters most times are usually also the showrunners of TV shows.

Either ways, in any setup, a writer is very important in the process of filmmaking. Although, a director could improve and interpret the screenplay in ways that appeal better to the audience and play to the actors strengths. That's why a director's position is very important.
For TV series, I don't think directors should be that important. There's hardly any TV series with a single director. The episodes are usually shuffled between 3 to 4 directors, who usually have to abide by the showrunner's interpretation

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:57am On Jan 12
abduleez1:

I no even understand. I didn't nitpick on it cos I haven't watched it yet so I went with what I've watched and sure of.
Me sef never watch am yet but I don't remember coming across much high praise for it, except for the RT score.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12
Kaycee7:
Me sef never watch am yet but I don't remember coming across much high praise for it, except for the RT score.

Same. Shit just came outta nowhere.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pepemendy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12
oyaskii:
win best adapted screenplay over killer of the flower moon and Oppenheimer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3774) (3775) (3776) (3777) (3778) (3779) (3780) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Baddestguyp(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.