Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3740226 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3776) (3777) (3778) (3779) (3780) (3781) (3782) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 13
dimexy247:

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. I just like the actions scenes.

Action scenes were entertaining but the entire story is nothing new. Done a thousand times I got bored.

I knew they'll eventually get the score despite what was shown. ( no need to drop spoilers).

Entertaining yes. Rewatch value 0.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 5:42pm On Jan 13
The Last Duel

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13
The Wrestler(2008) - 8/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13
My best Friend's Wedding(1997) -8/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13
The Green Mile(1999)- 7/10

Tom Hanks✌️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13
Enemy At The Gates(2001) -7/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13
The Man From Uncle(2015) -8/10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13
kendrick9:
My best Friend's Wedding(1997) -8/10
Fear Women: The Movie (1997)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:25pm On Jan 13
Kaycee7:
Fear Women: The Movie (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlB-BbWBzd8?si=uK82FnznXmY7lrI8

The real scene I want is where her gay friend tells her he is not chasing you, he's chasing his fiancee. What more do you need to know?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dimexy247(m): 7:15pm On Jan 13
armadeo:

Action scenes were entertaining but the entire story is nothing new. Done a thousand times I got bored.

I knew they'll eventually get the score despite what was shown. ( no need to drop spoilers).

Entertaining yes. Rewatch value 0.

Damn right. It’s all cliche
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:54pm On Jan 13
dimexy247:

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. I just like the actions scenes.
What action scenesπŸ˜‚
This is a totally mid movie. The only reason I watched this to the end was because of Hart. Hat hasn't made a good movie except his standups since Fatherhood unfortunately
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 11:01pm On Jan 13
2001: A Space Odyssey

This is the greatest science-fiction epic ever made for its time. This is supported by those who claim to understand the complexities involved and leading up the Star Child ending. The others, like myself, find it as absorbing as watching paint dry on woodwork.

The musical background is glorious, the colors are dazzling, and there's an interesting use of HAL as a villainous computer. Beyond that, there is nothing the least bit interesting about the human characters (trite dialogue and no personality or warmth to any of the individuals), the pace is unbelievably slow (so the intellectually gifted can philosophize on the mysteries of space), and the payoff at the end leaves you either breathless with enlightenment or convinced that you have watched three hours of nothingness.

I had the same letdown feeling when I watched THE CLOCKWORK ORANGE, so your like or dislike of this movie is purely dependent on personal taste. Intellectuals will take the position that you are a mentally challenged clod if you dare disagree with their elevated opinion of the movie--so be aware that this is not conventional story-telling in any sense whatsoever and only for those who admire Stanley Kubrick's way with unlikely cinematic material.

The fact that for the 1st 25 minutes no dialogue ensued, just a bunch of chimpanzees crying for bananas or some shit is just crazy

6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:35pm On Jan 13
Illusioneffect:
2001: A Space Odyssey

This is the greatest science-fiction epic ever made for its time. This is supported by those who claim to understand the complexities involved and leading up the Star Child ending. The others, like myself, find it as absorbing as watching paint dry on woodwork.

The musical background is glorious, the colors are dazzling, and there's an interesting use of HAL as a villainous computer. Beyond that, there is nothing the least bit interesting about the human characters (trite dialogue and no personality or warmth to any of the individuals), the pace is unbelievably slow (so the intellectually gifted can philosophize on the mysteries of space), and the payoff at the end leaves you either breathless with enlightenment or convinced that you have watched three hours of nothingness.

I had the same letdown feeling when I watched THE CLOCKWORK ORANGE, so your like or dislike of this movie is purely dependent on personal taste. Intellectuals will take the position that you are a mentally challenged clod if you dare disagree with their elevated opinion of the movie--so be aware that this is not conventional story-telling in any sense whatsoever and only for those who admire Stanley Kubrick's way with unlikely cinematic material.

The fact that for the 1st 25 minutes no dialogue ensued, just a bunch of chimpanzees crying for bananas or some shit is just crazy

6/10
It's actually immature folks that will claim you're a mentally challenged clod for disagreeing with whatever recycled opinion they're peddling.

I need people to start realizing that very few to no actual intellectuals will ever disagree with you having a contrasting or opposite opinion to theirs. They actually welcome the unpopular perspective and are happy to debate you, as long as you know what you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:03am On Jan 14
oyaskii:
The album was in my Spotify wrap for last year lol. My lullaby even till this day. So so good.

But Hans Zimmer na still their father lol. I have this Hans Zimmer "Live in Prague" concert that he played out his all timer scores, from "The Lion king score" to the Gladiator score to the Rain Man score to the interstellar score. 4 hours of sublime goodness 😩😩.

Hans is so so versatile, this man can score even a "rom com" 😩.
YouTube link?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dimexy247(m): 7:56am On Jan 14
Illusioneffect:

What action scenesπŸ˜‚
This is a totally mid movie. The only reason I watched this to the end was because of Hart. Hat hasn't made a good movie except his standups since Fatherhood unfortunately

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You’re right bro. πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ I watched too because of him. I shutdown my brains before I watched. They want to make Hart a serious actor by force. Poor him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:14am On Jan 14
Ikillbrokehoes:
YouTube link?
i didn't see it on YouTube but you go on there and search for "Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:26am On Jan 14
La sociedad de la nieve AKA Society of Snow (2023).

No greater love exists than for a man to lay down his life for his friends!.

I saw the actual real life account of the events of this film, back when i still had time for prime time tv, on a Natgeo's "Air crash investigation" Special, A brilliant show back then but it surely heightened my fear for flying but it was intriguing none the less so see actual plane crash events, dramatised and put together piece by piece what went wrong.

Juan Bayona who is no stranger to survivalist flicks, brought to screen the events of the 1972 Uruguayan Air Force plane crash.

A terrifying paradox, A Beautiful and magnificent watch because of the snow covered plains of the Andes make for a spectacular cinematography with pure white snow spiralling in every direction you look but yet a terrifying haunting watch because of the actual events of the crash and what would be of the survivors in the days following the crash including them having to improvise and melt snowcaps for water,eating shoe laces, leather, stuffings from the plane seat, but they quickly even ran out of those and the human body can only go 3 weeks without food, and they came to the dreadful realisation that they may have to feast on thier "dead family and friends" who were perfectly preserved in the snow, a natural "fridge" if you will and seeing this "bright prospect" , the severely injured gave permission for thier "protein" to be utilised by the remaining survivors should they pass on...the ultimate sacrifice..yeah it is pretty dark, bleak and murky. πŸ˜₯😩

But if you can stomach it, the film is a magnificent triumph of the human spirit over unforgiving and brutal circumstances against all the odds. The performances of the cast invokes sheer compassion from even the hardest of mind.

One of my best survivalist movies ever and probably one of the best films last year so i wonder why i haven't seen or heard chatters of it during this award season.

Read up on the actual events, and if you still have the guts, see this.

8/10.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 11:05am On Jan 14
dimexy247:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You’re right bro. πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ I watched too because of him. I shutdown my brains before I watched. They want to make Hart a serious actor by force. Poor him.
He should stick to comedy abeg. When I was watching, i was like "bro, do something funny for God's sake πŸ˜‚, stop making that serious faceπŸ˜‚"

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 11:11am On Jan 14
Ikillbrokehoes:
YouTube link?
It's a movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by adeyemidamilola: 11:28am On Jan 14
I am presently watching GENDER, a yoruba movie starring Wale Akorede, Ayo Olaiya, Joke Mary, Ifedayo Rufai, Olayemi Jimoh. It's an interesting movie which tells the story of fate and destiny which beats man's expectation.

The story revolves around a woman who faced adversity and neglect from her husband simply because she gave birth to female children. However, the film takes a beautiful turn as these daughters grew up to become remarkable individuals.

I recommend that everyone watch this beautiful movie full of life lessons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu6RgolOzQw
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 2:59pm On Jan 14
Coming soon

The true definition of BBC

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:02pm On Jan 14
GloriousGbola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlB-BbWBzd8?si=uK82FnznXmY7lrI8

The real scene I want is where her gay friend tells her he is not chasing you, he's chasing his fiancee. What more do you need to know?
Cameron before she got all that work.

All those people around just reminded of how people gather to watch social media beefs. Human will always be humans. Systems just change.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dimexy247(m): 5:25pm On Jan 14
Illusioneffect:

He should stick to comedy abeg. When I was watching, i was like "bro, do something funny for God's sake πŸ˜‚, stop making that serious faceπŸ˜‚"

I swear πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:33pm On Jan 14
πŸŽ₯ The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011) = 6.8/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:34pm On Jan 14
πŸŽ₯ Napoleon (2023) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Never fight a land war with πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Russia. He learnt the hard way.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 6:17pm On Jan 14
grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by en0uwem: 8:13pm On Jan 14
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ Napoleon (2023) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Never fight a land war with πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Russia. He learnt the hard way.

I'd rather watch Waterloo, than this crap
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14
en0uwem:

How can you tell it's crap when you haven't watched it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 11:22pm On Jan 14
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ballzproblem2: 1:45am On Jan 15
skipped echo (will read plot on Wikipedia), watching succession.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 4:03am On Jan 15
kendrick9:
The Green Mile(1999)- 7/10

Tom Hanks✌️

You would rate others you listed over The Green Mile?

No naaa. Check am
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bongadu: 8:59am On Jan 15
en0uwem:

Pure crap Indeed

Just over hyped nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (3776) (3777) (3778) (3779) (3780) (3781) (3782) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Ahmed4002(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.