Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,493 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3836109 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3846) (3847) (3848) (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) ... (3864) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 7:47am On May 27
Boy Lila world 2023

8/10

Pheeew…..brutal fight scenes

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:21am On May 27
JackBizzle:

I'm brainwashed abi?

Tell me, who is the dumbass between us.

Both of us do not enjoy watching gay scenes. But I accept that the gays have freedom to do whatever. You, on the other hand, still watch Hollywood gay movies and develop high blood pressure on top of it

he also has the right to complain about them no?

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hersarhn: 8:30am On May 27
Few years back I was a movie addict, but today, i force myself to finish just a single movie of 1.8hours(Ave). Thinking about it makes me laughcheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mablie(m): 9:23am On May 27
hersarhn:
I have come to understand that people don't just choose to be homosexuals life just happened to make them that way he more homophobes know this, the better for everybody.

I Dey Laugh grin grin grin

How naive of you cheesy

Many of,if not all of these "I was born this way " homosexuals were "touched" by adult men when they were young boys but that is a discussion for another day. cool

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:25am On May 27
Observing -- you hardly see gay characters turn straight in Hollywood movies, it's always the opposite.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:03am On May 27
Chibudollar:
you'll miss out on everything o, because it's literally in every movie now
That is quite disturbing... cry

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:05am On May 27
JackBizzle:

Going forward? So you have been enjoying gay movie scenes in Hollywood films but now, you want to stop since your hypocrisy has been called out!

It is better you stop watching Hollywood movies all together. America and other western countries support gay rights.

Please, can you stick to Nigerian movies? Stop importing Western culture through their movies now... grin grin

Clown. Tell me, how you want to watch Hollywood movies when gays/lesbians are prominent in the entertainment industry in the West.

People like you will be deported once you japa. Enjoy your homophobia

Fvck off forever, Logicboy. I am way past your perpetual stupidity and nonsense

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hersarhn: 10:07am On May 27
mablie:

How naive of you cheesy

Many of,if not all of these "I was born this way " homosexuals were "touched" by adult men when they were young boys but that is a discussion for another day. cool

I totally agree with you and we're saying the same thing, them experiencing child sexual abuse is an example of "life happening to them". And this is an inevitable experience that can happen to anybody, the fact that one was privileged not to have had such a dark experience in his life, does not mean he should taunt those who did.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:26pm On May 27
Ishilove:

Going forward, once I see any hint of homosexuality in a movie, I will abandon the movie matter how interesting it is. I can't keep subjecting my heart and mind to filth
It's been so long oo, how's everybody?
Looks like you would be sticking to Nollywood movies and Bollywood movies from now on. I can recommend some for you.
Sincerely speaking, some of you guys dont understand Hollywood at all!. Homosexuality is to big of a deal to be ignored by Hollywood, they're not trying to 'inject' homosexuality to anyone, it is just a part of everyone's life - here, homosexuality is like McDonalds, when something is everywhere, hollywood has to talk about it, it is their job and way to earn money. People have come across someone gay at least every day in their lives here in America so how will no one have a story about it. You dont get a lot of gay stories in Nigeria because it is not needed also in India where it is heavily shunned but sweetheart, there are like 30% of gay folks in America, it has to be put in stories because it is already a social shift in real life

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:28pm On May 27
hersarhn:
I have come to understand that people don't just choose to be homosexuals, life just happened to make them that way. The more homophobes know this, the better for everybody.
I don't know why it is so hard to understand for this homophobes sincerely

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:30pm On May 27
mablie:

How naive of you cheesy

If they were 'touched' by adult men, you actually think they could go back to being straight
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:46pm On May 27
Omo...😳😢

How this one wan take make money especially how the previous one fared last year.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:42pm On May 27
hersarhn:
I have come to understand that people don't just choose to be homosexuals, life just happened to make them that way. The more homophobes know this, the better for everybody.
Exactly. Life happened, this is exactly the same excuse, pedophiles, rapists, murderers etc give. Life happened, that's why they're the way they are.

I bet Life happens is what you'll say, if you're anally violated by a red hot boiling ring, eh? Life happened my ass.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:45pm On May 27
ErenXSatoru:

I don't know why it is so hard to understand for this homophobes sincerely
it can never be easy to understand when people decide to be an aberration of nature, worse of, is when they now decide to shove it down the throat of people who don't tow their line of choice.

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 9:35pm On May 27
joseph1832:
it can never be easy to understand when people decide to be an aberration of nature, worse of, is when they now decide to shove it down the throat of people who don't tow their line of choice.

Please, how are they shoving it in your face? Ate you a westerner? You choose to watch foreign films and complain about foreign culture

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 9:43pm On May 27
joseph1832:
"Shove" is such an oxymoronic term to use in this context. I have never heard of a hetero to gay conversion therapy or camp, but there are gay to hetero conversion camps. If you lot studied history well, you know gay people have been here all along, there are well documented evidence of gay men living in the North,in the 70s and 80s, that were hiding in plain site, but because of how religiously tensed the subject was, they just had to repress it, and feing hetero to please their community, didn't stop them from being super gay.

It's very easy to just stop consuming Hollywood content going forward to avoid the whole thing altogether and save yourself the trouble of accidentally coming across gay content, cuz trust me, they are not going to stop, because you are angry about it and the main issue here is that, you can't infact avoid Hollywood movies, and you can't police them on what stories they decide to tell, so the ball is totally in your court. You can't eat your cake and have it.

People who are actually afraid of the influence on these content on themselves or their children, know what to do, they have filters and parental controls to make sure they never come across such content, and they don't start moaning every market day to Hollywood to stop such content because they know how futile it is.

Finally, If seeing a thief makes you wanna be a thief, then you might be a thief afterall, and just needed a little motivation, so if seeing Gay content on movies or shows, makes you think it has an influence on your hetero state, you might be super gay after all and just don't know it yet.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hersarhn: 10:30pm On May 27
joseph1832:
Exactly. Life happened, this is exactly the same excuse, pedophiles, rapists, murderers etc give. Life happened, that's why they're the way they are.

I bet Life happens is what you'll say, if you're anally violated by a red hot boiling ring, eh? Life happened my ass.
Engaging people whose hearts are bleeding with HATE for a particular innocent subject is a waste of time, I wish you good night and happy children's day...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cezarman(m): 11:07pm On May 27
Broskyjames:
"Shove" is such an oxymoronic term to use in this context. I have never heard of a hetero to gay conversion therapy or camp, but there are gay to hetero conversion camps. If you lot studied history well, you know gay people have been here all along, there are well documented evidence of gay men living in the North,in the 70s and 80s, that were hiding in plain site, but because of how religiously tensed the subject was, they just had to repress it, and feing hetero to please their community, didn't stop them from being super gay.

It's very easy to just stop consuming Hollywood content going forward to avoid the whole thing altogether and save yourself the trouble of accidentally coming across gay content, cuz trust me, they are not going to stop, because you are angry about it and the main issue here is that, you can't infact avoid Hollywood movies, and you can't police them on what stories they decide to tell, so the ball is totally in your court. You can't eat your cake and have it.

People who are actually afraid of the influence on these content on themselves or their children, know what to do, they have filters and parental controls to make sure they never come across such content, and they don't start moaning every market day to Hollywood to stop such content because they know how futile it is.

Finally, If seeing a thief makes you wanna be a thief, then you might be a thief afterall, and just needed a little motivation, so if seeing Gay content on movies or shows, makes you think it has an influence on your hetero state, you might be super gay after all and just don't know it yet.

One thing is for sure... They know most part of the world is accustomed to Hollywood movies and they also know some countries are not so popular with this gay stuff (They know alot of Africans frown at it even though it's normal for them over there) but because we are already accustomed to their movies for other reasons, they try as much as possible to incorporate it (homosexuality) more in their movies in order to get to us, because we ARE ALREADY USED TO WATCHING HOLLYWOOD MOVIES FOR OTHER REASONS... and it's almost impossible not to watch Hollywood movies.

They're just making use of the media to push the lifestyle further.
Any gay scene is carefully planned and targeted to stir up emotions and normalize to a wider audience

You've been expecting a movie you feel would be a bluckbuster and a must see... They chip it in (intentionally) and you're forced to watch the movie and try to accept that part (irritating gay part) because it's a movie you've been looking forward to... And not because of the gay part, of course undecided

And I'm not even a church/mosque goer nor a religious person, please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 11:21pm On May 27
cezarman:

One thing is for sure... They know most part of the world is accustomed to Hollywood movies and they also know some countries are not so popular with this gay stuff (They know alot of Africans frown at it even though it's normal for them over there) but because we are already accustomed to their movies for other reasons, they try as much as possible to incorporate it (homosexuality) more in their movies in order to get to us, because we ARE ALREADY USED TO WATCHING HOLLYWOOD MOVIES FOR OTHER REASONS... and it's almost impossible not to watch Hollywood movies.

They're just making use of the media to push the lifestyle further.
Any gay scene is carefully planned and targeted to stir up emotions and normalize to a wider audience.

You've been expecting a movie you feel would be a bluckbuster and a must see... They chip it in (intentionally) and you're forced to watch the movie and try to accept that part (irritating gay part) because it's a movie you've been looking forward to... And not because of the gay part, of course undecided

potato potahto

I like the house that I am living in and i have grown accustomed to it, but if my landlord decides to start doing shady things that goes against my morals in his house, i have two choices, either i pack out if it really infringes on my morals or i learn to live with said shady things, either ways, I can't really police what my landlord does with his property.

So just as you've been accustomed to Hollywood, you can as well unaccustom yourself if the gay isshh bothers you that much, and just face Nollywood or Bollywood.

If you like Hollywood and you can't do without it, better stop whinging and swallow anything they give you.

It's really a simple choice.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cezarman(m): 11:26pm On May 27
Broskyjames:
potato potahto

I like the house that I am living in and i have grown accustomed to it, but if my landlord decides to to start doing shady things that goes against my morals in his house, i have two choices, either i pack out if it really infringes on my morals or i learn to live with said shady things, either ways, I can't really police what my landlord does with his property.

So just as you've been accustomed to Hollywood, you can as well unaccustom yourself if the gay isshh bothers you that much, and just face Nollywood or Bollywood.

If you like Hollywood and you can't do without it, better stop whinging and swallow anything they give you.

It's really a simple choice.

You're not being realistic in terms of my own narrative but that's okay.

There's little anyone can do anyway... After all it's the Media... A very powerful tool.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 11:33pm On May 27
cezarman:

You're not being realistic in terms of my own narrative but that's okay.

There's little anyone can do anyway... After all it's the Media... A very powerful tool.
I am being realistic, and i see the matter in plain black and white. So realistically i feel there is nothing that can be done from complaining that they put these stuffs in their movies. It won't solve anything. So what are your options? You are going to plan a boycott of their movies? I don't think Hollywood really has the Nigerian audience in mind when they make movies, so they won't bat an eyelid if they loose audience here considering like 90% of people here pirate their movies, so the financial gains from here on their movies is paltry at best. Stage a protest from Oshodi, so that Movies that is made in far away America should stop putting unholy content in their movies? Sign online petition?? None of these solutions even remotely looks realistic.

The media is a powerful tool and the realistic thing to do is to police what media you consume, but if you have a better suggestion, i am all ears.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 11:56pm On May 27
Ishilove:

Fvck off forever, Logicboy. I am way past your perpetual stupidity and nonsense

Madam, address the issue at hand. Insults will not change the facts.

Or should we call Naptu2 to help you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Obasempire(m): 2:15am On May 28

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:23am On May 28
joseph1832:

Well spoken

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dianabrown2323: 4:31am On May 28
I have a large collection of Blu-ray movies.
https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/blu-ray/how-to-burn-a-blu-ray
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 5:39am On May 28
Broskyjames:

i am tired of this gay conversation but you'd be lying if you say they aren't shoving it in people's face, some Americans are literally angry about how they now try to put it in kids shows, don't know if it's to program their little minds or what, in fact they add it to the curriculum. These people control the world and you can't even speak your mind about them, say anything negative about them and watch your career go up in flames. That alone should tell you something

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:57am On May 28
Abeg..guys ignore those gay abeg.. the subject is very very irritating..

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:17am On May 28
JackBizzle:

Please, how are they shoving it in your face? Ate you a westerner? You choose to watch foreign films and complain about foreign culture
Oh! So homosexuality is foreign culture now? If this is so, why are they Hell bent for the world to embrace homosexuals? Just like they did with Democracy and Christianity. And I know your thoughts and opinions about Christianity.
hersarhn:

Engaging people whose hearts are bleeding with HATE for a particular innocent subject is a waste of time, I wish you good night and happy children's day...
exactly what people say, when they don't have anything concrete to say, or defend.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:24am On May 28
Broskyjames:
of course, gay people have been living since the beginning of time. But heck, so have murderers and rapists and all kind of twisted human beings, so what exactly is your point here?

OH I am not angry, not in the least bit, I'm just amused, about how they're fighting tooth and nail for the whole world to embrace homosexuals. And I won't stop consuming Hollqood content, I'll just sieve through the BS and laugh at their feeble attempt to throw LGBTQ into my face.

Lemme tell you this in a nutshell. never underestimate the power of repetition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 9:11am On May 28
Ishilove see what you caused. This thread was moving peacefully until you brought your gay virus here. Now everybody is infected with it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:19am On May 28
joseph1832:
of course, gay people have been living since the beginning of time. But heck, so have murderers and rapists and all kind of twisted human beings, so what exactly is your point here?

OH I am not angry, not in the least bit, I'm just amused, about how they're fighting tooth and nail for the whole world to embrass homosexuals. And I won't stop consuming Hollqood content, I'll just sieve through the BS and laugh at their feeble attempt to throw LGBTQ into my face.

Lemme tell you this in a nutshell. never underestimate the power of repetition.
like bruhh they underestimate the power of reputation, i remember watching series back then and you hardly see them gay contents, but now LOL. Remember the first time I saw gay contents in one of these popular series I was disgusted as fúk to put it mildly, now I just hiss and forward. Now think of a kid who don't know better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:21am On May 28
In fact everything about these American people is always opposite, person go commit crime, proper crime o. The next thing you'll hear " DARLING ITS NOT YOUR FAULT" maybe na why natural disaster dey quickly befall them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3846) (3847) (3848) (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) ... (3864) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.