Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3728622 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (3829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Traverser my coeur.
grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by guterKerl: 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
I'd like to recommend the following, they are my favourites for people who know how to watch movies:

The Railway Man
Predestination
The Rover
Thoroughbreds

But if there is any movie y'all need to watch today it's called Victoria.

I don't see much of Nollywood but Picture Perfect is a really nice one.

For series, I kinda like MTV Shuga. Aside from the Naija ones, Down South is my favourite.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
This Hereditary movie seems to be everywhere. Who knows where it can be downloaded from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
troubleseller:
This Hereditary movie seems to be everywhere. Who knows where it can be downloaded from?
Mkvcage
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ishilove:
Mkvcage
You seem to trust this Mkvcage very much
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
troubleseller:
You seem to trust this Mkvcage very much
My dear, Olu4life introduced me to the site and I must tell you i have had no regrets
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ishilove:

My dear, Olu4life introduced me to the site and I must tell you i have had no regrets
The movie is not there tho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ishilove:

embarassed grin wink

Don't worry, I won't use it against you. I'm a good guy. lipsrsealed

I have the first dibb on the wedding invitation card, though.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ishilove:

embarassed grin wink

Awww. Tu es doux. *kisses* wink grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
Beorn:

We will see. wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

We will see. wink

That's what I love to read, a subtle affirmation to a happy ending. Koice, you tha man!! wink cool

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Beorn:

That's what I love to read, a subtle affirmation to a happy ending. Koice, you tha man!! wink cool
You're definitely invited... if you won't mind waiting tables, that is. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
superhumanist:

Morality is not black and white bro.
Malcolm X suffered hardships on a time when blacks had no rights. Put things into context as well. Malcolm lost a father and uncle to white supremacists.

Dude...

You got it all wrong. You're equating morality to moral compass, which are 2 different things. Perception of morality, ie, the way an individual may think or understand GOOD and EVIL varies from individual to individual, BUT, there is a natural ability that enable us to analyse those two moral conducts and make the correct decision. We call that MORAL COMPASS. In some people, that moral compass is broken or screwed up, we call such people AMORAL or in more clinical terms, PSYCHOPATHS and SOCIOPATHS.

Malcolm X ain't the only African American to have lost loved ones. Many lost a whole generation, but didn't take up arms, because, they were smart enough to learn from history. When you take up arms against a superior-armed numerically advantaged oppressor, you're not only putting yourself in danger, you're putting your entire community/nation/village/tribe/race in danger for your own selfish reasons. They are the ones that will bear the blunt of it when you've fled or died. Their descendants will also bear the blunt of it.

Read up on the Apartheid South Africa. The whites were oppressing the natives, and the natives tried to take back their country by force. What happened? The worst segregation in the history of modern era. A native cannot walk down the street without a "pass" or a written note from their "massa". Violence didn't solve anything for the natives then, and never did, if anything, it made things worse. They did get their country back... eventually, but it took several years and it was as a result of PEACEFUL protest demonstrations at the front gates of the UN and the good old reliable DIPLOMACY.

Youthful Malcolm X set the Africa Amerians back several years by his violent approach because he refused to learn from history. Thank providence MLK undid some of those blights, else, things would have continued being dire for the blacks in America. Who am kidding, things are still dire, but it could be a lot worse, and they have MLK and JFK to thank for that, not Malcolm X.

superhumanist:

However, Malcolm did move away from his prejudiced stance on white men in his later years.
He did, yes. He finally learned that violence begets violence. Alas, he got assassinated before he could rewrite the very legacy you're extolling.

superhumanist:

Violence is the only language an oppressor understands. Violence has its uses. I am not a violent man but when it is a self defense issue, there is need for it.
Violence against an oppressor without a numerical or armory advantage is not only foolish, it's sucidal and counterproductive. Unless you have this, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourselves.

You talked about self defence, of course, people are allowed to defend themselves if their lives are at stake. When someone is coming at you with a knife, your natural instinct is to either run or defend yourself. However, It doesn't apply here, because the African Americans in the time of Malcolm X weren't exactly fearing for their lives. They are fully segregated, ie, they have their own separate towns, ride in their own separate buses, and have their own separate bars and market places. They wanted to be heard, to integrate, to be treated equally as the whites, not hide in witness protection programmes.

superhumanist:

Even the MLK you so love, engineered violence. He knew that hat his protests would end up with violence with the police.
I don't believe that, and even if it were true, he made good in the end. His legacy brought about the first black president in the history of the United States. Nuff said.

superhumanist:

I want to ask you 2 questions
1. Are you saying that the slaves in Haiti who killed their slavemasters for freedom were wrong?
O boy...

^^Please show me where I specifically said that freedom is wrong. Dude, stop misquoting me, please. There is nothing wrong with freedom provided you go about it through diplomatic channels. I mean, that's what I've been trying to drum into your skull since Wednesday, yes?

In the case of Haiti, their lives were at stake and everything. They were forced to live in squalor, flogged incessantly, raped, and left to die when they are too ill/weak to "earn their keep". They had two options: use their numerical advantage to liberate themselves from certain death or do nothing and die in captivity. Naturally, they chose the former. Thus, it was clearly self defense.

superhumanist:

2. Do you think that it is sensible to compare Malcom X to Hitler and Boko Haram
More so now than ever. It's clear you have a broken moral compass or it's screwed up. Doesn't bode well for you either way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:27am On Jun 15, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Awww. Tu es doux. *kisses* wink grin

Et vous ĂȘtes plus doux... embarassed kiss smiley

Maintenant, I will pretend this entire conversation never took place grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:30am On Jun 15, 2018
Beorn:

You dare not angry

Like KoiceReloaded said...you have a very active imagination cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dreyl(m): 4:34am On Jun 15, 2018
Assassin Creed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by superhumanist(m): 5:14am On Jun 15, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Dude...

You got it all wrong. You're equating morality to moral compass, which are 2 different things. Perception of morality, ie, the way an individual may think or understand GOOD and EVIL varies from individual to individual, BUT, there is a natural ability that enable us to analyse those two moral conducts and make the correct decision. We call that MORAL COMPASS. In some people, that moral compass is broken or screwed up, we call such people AMORAL or in more clinical terms, PSYCHOPATHS and SOCIOPATHS.

Malcolm X ain't the only African American to have lost loved ones. Many lost a whole generation, but didn't take up arms, because, they were smart enough to learn from history. When you take up arms against a superior-armed numerically advantaged oppressor, you're not only putting yourself in danger, you're putting your entire community/nation/village/tribe/race in danger for your own selfish reasons. They are the ones that will bear the blunt of it when you've fled or died. Their descendants will also bear the blunt of it.

Read up on the Apartheid South Africa. The whites were oppressing the natives, and the natives tried to take back their country by force. What happened? The worst segregation in the history of modern era. A native cannot walk down the street without a "pass" or a written note from their "massa". Violence didn't solve anything for the natives then, and never did, if anything, it made things worse. They did get their country back... eventually, but it took several years and it was as a result of PEACEFUL protest demonstrations at the front gates of the UN and the good old reliable DIPLOMACY.

Youthful Malcolm X set the Africa Amerians back several years by his violent approach because he refused to learn from history. Thank providence MLK undid some of those blights, else, things would have continued being dire for the blacks in America. Who am kidding, things are still dire, but it could be a lot worse, and they have MLK and JFK to thank for that, not Malcolm X.

He did, yes. He finally learned that violence begets violence. Alas, he got assassinated before he could rewrite the very legacy you're extolling.

Violence against an oppressor without a numerical or armory advantage is not only foolish, it's sucidal and counterproductive. Unless you have this, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourselves.

You talked about self defence, of course, people are allowed to defend themselves if their lives are at stake. When someone is coming at you with a knife, your natural instinct is to either run or defend yourself. However, It doesn't apply here, because the African Americans in the time of Malcolm X weren't exactly fearing for their lives. They are fully segregated, ie, they have their own separate towns, ride in their own separate buses, and have their own separate bars and market places. They wanted to be heard, to integrate, to be treated equally as the whites, not hide in witness protection programmes.

I don't believe that, and even if it were true, he made good in the end. His legacy brought about the first black president in the history of the United States. Nuff said.

O boy...

^^Please show me where I specifically said that freedom is wrong. Dude, stop misquoting me, please. There is nothing wrong with freedom provided you go about it through diplomatic channels. I mean, that's what I've been trying to drum into your skull since Wednesday, yes?

In the case of Haiti, their lives were at stake and everything. They were forced to live in squalor, flogged incessantly, raped, and left to die when they are too ill/weak to "earn their keep". They had two options: use their numerical advantage to liberate themselves from certain death or do nothing and die in captivity. Naturally, they chose the former. Thus, it was clearly self defense.

More so now than ever. It's clear you have a broken moral compass or it's screwed up. Doesn't bode well for you either way.

I have a broken moral compass? Wrong! The problem is that you are quite the delusional idealist.

Look at how you romanticised the Haitian revolution. Who told you they had superior numbers? They did not have superior numbers at the beginning. The first successful attempts spurred on many to join.

And isnt your "superior numbers" argument a fallacy? So violence is okay when there are superior numbers on your side? That is quite the darwinist morality you have there.

And for your information, Malcolm X's period was a period in America were blacks were still slaves in a sense. As far as I am concerned, a person is a slave if he has no rights. Black people did not have rights during that era until 1964. Malcolm X was not the only black man who felt the need to rise up. He had a following, lest you forget. There were even other groups with the same ideology.

It was violence that ended slavery in America. There was a civil war for that
It was violence that gave blacks rights in 1964. This was after many violent clashes with the police and civil rights protesters.

What I am saying in summary is that in certain contexts, violence is the best option. It is not that I believe in violence. When you enslave people, they have a right to fight for their rights.

In this modern day Nigeria, I do not see the need for violence when there are avenues for redress and no-one is enslaving me.

I also hope that you are not coming from a religious view on morality (objective morality) because that would be very indefensible.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by superhumanist(m): 5:22am On Jun 15, 2018
Speaking about violence-

Koicereloaded, do not go around in the USA comparing Malcolm X to Hitler (or Boko Haram) because you will get beaten up for saying something both foolish and disrespectful towards black people.

As we all know, foolish ideas are very welcome on nairaland without consequences. In the real world, there are consequences.

I am not an American and so, I can tolerate your views on Malcolm X but I cant speak for everyone.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Talentteam100(f): 6:46am On Jun 15, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 15, 2018
superhumanist:

I have a broken moral compass? Wrong! The problem is that you are quite the delusional idealist.

Look at how you romanticised the Haitian revolution. Who told you they had superior numbers? They did not have superior numbers at the beginning. The first successful attempts spurred on many to join.

And isnt your "superior numbers" argument a fallacy? So violence is okay when there are superior numbers on your side? That is quite the darwinist morality you have there.

And for your information, Malcolm X's period was a period in America were blacks were still slaves in a sense. As far as I am concerned, a person is a slave if he has no rights. Black people did not have rights during that era until 1964. Malcolm X was not the only black man who felt the need to rise up. He had a following, lest you forget. There were even other groups with the same ideology.

It was violence that ended slavery in America. There was a civil war for that
It was violence that gave blacks rights in 1964. This was after many violent clashes with the police and civil rights protesters.

What I am saying in summary is that in certain contexts, violence is the best option. It is not that I believe in violence. When you enslave people, they have a right to fight for their rights.

In this modern day Nigeria, I do not see the need for violence when there are avenues for redress and no-one is enslaving me.

I also hope that you are not coming from a religious view on morality (objective morality) because that would be very indefensible.
This is pointless. No point in derailing this thread further trying to reason with someone with such a delusional radical mentality. Smh. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2018
superhumanist:
Speaking about violence-

Koicereloaded, do not go around in the USA comparing Malcolm X to Hitler (or Boko Haram) because you will get beaten up for saying something both foolish and disrespectful towards black people.

As we all know, foolish ideas are very welcome on nairaland without consequences. In the real world, there are consequences.

I am not an American and so, I can tolerate your views on Malcolm X but I cant speak for everyone.
Exactly my point. People that idolize Malcolm X are people with victim complex, basically violent minded people that will play the race card at any slightest opportunity and use it to provoke violence. Delusional entitled inferiority-complexed folks are easily provoked when people attack their infamous role models, but hey, it's a free world, right? You're entitled to your half-baked ideologies. Even asssholes have opinions.

And on this note, I'm ending this pointless debate. Good day.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 8:10am On Jun 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Lol, you welcome grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:13am On Jun 15, 2018
olu4life:

Lol, you welcome grin
smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 8:15am On Jun 15, 2018
Friday. Never gets old. Chris Tucker was wild in this movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by superhumanist(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

This is pointless. No point in derailing this thread further trying to reason with someone with such a delusional radical mentality. Smh. undecided

It is clear that you haven't read about black history in America. It took a war to end slavery.

Then you are here preaching that slaves should be "diplomatic" with a slave master.

When your brothers and sisters are raped/killed- they should be "diplomatic"

Between me and you, everyone can see who is delusional and ignorant between us.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by superhumanist(m): 8:33am On Jun 15, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Exactly my point. People that idolize Malcolm X are people with victim complex, basically violent minded people that will play the race card at any slightest opportunity and use it to provoke violence. Delusional entitled inferiority-complexed folks are easily provoked when people attack their infamous role models, but hey, it's a free world, right? You're entitled to your half-baked ideologies. Even asssholes have opinions.

And on this note, I'm ending this pointless debate. Good day.

Good day to you too.

I wish I can wash the foolishness that I endured from the debate. "Malcolm X is comparable to Hitler and Boko Haram". LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2018
Avengers infinity war
Damn! Thanos is badass. 11/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2018
This is not technically a spoiler, just a speculation. There is a huge plothole in the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom that still bugs me. It kind of ruined the whole movie for me, so I have decided to draw parallels from other movies with huge plot altering holes.

- Suicide Squad: have no idea what that chick was up to. Y'know, the pretty one with the baseball bat. Others have something that made them integral part of the team, but what made her as important? Anyone can swing a baseball bat. This sh*t still bugs me.
- Kingsmen: The Golden Circle: what's up with this logic... "if you don't buy my product, I'll kill all my customers." Basically, her end goal would have wrecked her financially, so what's the point, why go through with it? Can someone clarify this sh*t for me, please.
- GoldenEye : Alec Trevelyan's plan to essentially crash the global economy to cover up his theft of millions which surely would have been worthless due to the global economy crash, right?
- Hurricane Heist: When your plan requires a hurricane to hit a certain town within a certain time period and you need to do all your nefarious deeds in the midst of it, you're doing the crime wrong.
- Batman vs Superman: Lex Luthor. I couldnt' even tell you what it all was, so many stupid ideas.
- The Amazing Spider-man: When the Lizard from The Amazing Spider-man wanted to turn everyone into lizards because being a lizard was so great(?).
- TDR: Bane's plan is to use the threat of a big bomb to turn Gotham into some kind of quasi-socialist dystopia. Except, he knows the bomb is going to go off no matter what, killing everyone in Gotham, himself included. If his goal is to just kill everybody, what's the point of the socialist dystopia? That sh*t still bugs me.

So many of them, but those are the best ones I can compare with the plot altering hole of the new Jurassic movie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2018
is it a rule that a Black American movie has to be about a husband cheating on his wife?? Even this Acrimony? Abeg I need a black American movie about anything that doesn't have anything to do with infidelity? Thank you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 10:55am On Jun 15, 2018
is it a rule that a Black American movie has to be about a husband cheating on his wife?? Even this Acrimony? Abeg I need a black American movie about anything that doesn't have anything to do with infidelity? Thank you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
This is not technically a spoiler, just a speculation. There is a huge plothole in the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom that still bugs me. It kind of ruined the whole movie for me, so I have decided to draw parallels from other movies with huge plot altering holes.

- Suicide Squad: have no idea what that chick was up to. Y'know, the pretty one with the baseball bat. Others have something that made them integral part of the team, but what made her as important? Anyone can swing a baseball bat. This sh*t still bugs me.

She's an integral part of the comic book and Joker's partner in crime. Since the storyline is lifted from the comic book, all the characters have to be represented whether they played a major role or not. Dropping her character would've incensed fans. She and Joker are both stark raving psychopaths who just want to kill with or without reasons.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
I finally watched 'A Quiet Place'. As i shut my laptop down, I sighed...a sigh of pleasure.

How can anyone say this movie is boring or overrated? I mean, what the flying fvck??! undecided

The horror and tension, especially from the middle was relentless. It is very unique movie, exploring the theme of survivalism in the midst of the chaos caused by the ruckus of technology. We live noisy lives vis endless chatter, music, louspeakers, phones, vehicles, even toys. What if all the noise attracted carnivorous monsters that feed off that noise? Can we survive? Can we stay a week without technology. We see a family thriving and adapting to lives without noise, albeit living. in fear.

The movie also proved that you don't need dialogue to make it a success. The river scene between father and son was the only scene with dialogue, yet it was able to fully integrate with the rest of the movie and build it.

The ending brought tears to my eyes though. Well, almost brought tears. It was so sad... sad

For the theme alone, I give this movie 9.5/10. Beautiful movie. One of the best so far this year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (3829) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.