Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3759869 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (3836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lordfalcao(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
September is a big month for Netflix and fans alike. 52 originals are gonna debut this month. Yeah, 52! Here are the movie side of it:

(September 7th)
- Next Gen
- Sierra Burgess Is A Loser
- The Most Assassinated Woman in the World

(September 11th)
- The Resistance Banker

(September 12th)
- On My Skin

(September 12th)
- The Angel
- The Land of Steady Habits

(September 21st)
- Nappily Ever After

(September 28th)
- Hold the Dark
- The 3rd Eye
- Two

Netflix original movies may not command the same respect as their original tv shows, but at least, you'll have a lot of options to choose from. Even if there are mediocres in there, they can't all suck. Good month already.
do you have a download link for them?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
anybody know where I can download Genevieve Lion'sheart?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lordfalcao(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
MJBOLT:
incase you get the download link, do notify me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cupidkc(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
MJBOLT:

Will love to download it too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
lordfalcao:
do you have a download link for them?

Get a Netflix account, then you can access them just as they debut. Or you can wait till the Blu-Ray copies hit the internet. Might take a while though.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
MJBOLT:

It should be on Netflix very soon since they've just acquired the full right to stream it on their platform.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

It's an action telenovela. That's a thing.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See genre. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Lacasa de Papel wasn't bad, but it wasn't great as many hyped it to be either. That's all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
Beorn:
Lacasa de Papel wasn't bad, but it wasn't great as many hyped it to be either. That's all.

Exactly. It's painfully average. Not something worth raving about.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
BlacKkKlansman

Probably Spike Lee's best work since 25th Hour. It's a montage of racism in days of yore, packaged in a modern film, to showcase the similarities it shares with the racism of nowadays. It's an amalgam of humor and drama. Top-tier Spike, and anyone who likes his work should go see it. 7/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2018
MJBOLT:
Don't do this to a sister. Find a way to support this movie. See it at a cinema or on Netflix

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2018
Kaycee7:
Don't do this to a sister. Find a way to support this movie. See it at a cinema or on Netflix
grin grin grin grin grin

Support ke u dia grin grin grin

How can I support someone who claims she S a feminist.. grin angry sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2018
Don't Breathe. 6/10

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. 6/10

Acrimony: 8.8/10. Very nice drama. Couldn't understand why my friends blamed the guy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2018
krattoss:
grin grin grin grin grin

can't even stomach the thought of sitting down for hours to watch a nollywood movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Juzec: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2018
J2381:
can't even stomach the thought of sitting down for hours to watch a nollywood movie.
What is the difference between the acrimony you rated 8.8/9 and most nollywood movies?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 11:37am On Sep 10, 2018
Juzec:
What is the difference between the acrimony you rated 8.8/9 and most nollywood movies?
difference is they act without you knowing they're acting. Even though you know it's acting, they don't make it fvcking obvious.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by vampire2020: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2018
Juzec:
grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zzzzy: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
J2381:
difference is they act without you knowing they're acting. Even though you know it's acting, they don't make it fvcking obvious.
i disagree, High end nollywood movies aren't that way, i put acrimony in that category.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
Wetin man pikin no go see for nairaland ehn? Someone just dissed nollywood films and yet carry 8.8 give nollywood ish acrimony? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
zzzzy:
i disagree, High end nollywood movies aren't that way, i put acrimony in that category.

For the bobo small mind, acrimony na hollywood. the thing he never realize be say, Lionheart and acrimony na the same sh!t under different packaging. the only difference is one is made in nigeria and the other is made in america. the content na the same generic nollywood ish content.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
When I caught my girlfriend watching acrimony one evening I take it for granted na nollywood she dey watch because she too like nollywood. It's only when I recognised Taraji Henson as actress from empire that I realized na african american film she dey watch since. I asked her the title she say na acrimony. true story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
J2381:

Acrimony is Nollywood-esque, bud.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
Juzec:

As in eh. The thing tire me. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
zzzzy:
why? because there's no action or alien to kill?

KoiceReloaded:

Acrimony is Nollywood-esque, bud.
have you seen Gone Girl? Would you put it in that same category?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
krattoss:
grin grin grin grin grin

But you will still download the pirated version. Smh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
The issue with movies shown on Netflix is that they are easily accessible for free download once available from streaming. I just hope the movie will be at the cinemas before Netflix will make it available on their platform, but if it is the other way round, I hope it won't affect the turn out at the cinema.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dreyl(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2018
Equalizer 2 7/10

Skyscraper 7/10

Accident man. 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
J2381:

have you seen Gone Girl? Would you put it in that same category?

Did I hear you right? Did you just compare Gone Girl with frigging Acrimony?? WTF dude?! Jesus. H. Christ! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Did I hear you right? Did you just compare Gone Girl with frigging Acrimony?? WTF dude?! Jesus. H. Christ! shocked shocked
why shouldn't I? Isn't it the same genre: drama/suspense or am I missing something.

Kindly fill me in if i'm missing something.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
J2381:
why shouldn't I? Isn't it the same genre: drama/suspense or am I missing something.

Kindly fill me in if i'm missing something.

Belonging to same genre doesn't often infer that movies or shows can be liken with one another. Often times, the primary themes/motifs/contents/subjects are completely different. Lemme ask you, do orange, grape, lime and lemon look/taste the same?

I've nothing more to add. I don't have the energy to argue right now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Belonging to same genre doesn't often infer that movies or shows can be liken with one another. Often times, the primary themes/motifs/contents/subjects are completely different. Lemme ask you, do orange, grape, lime and lemon look/taste the same?

I've nothing more to add. I don't have the energy to argue right now.
whatever.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (3836) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: MeMiTi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.