Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3728122 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2018
nikshith:
Recently I watched the movie "The Nun". I was waiting for this movie release for long time and finally watched but it didn't reach my expectations, not only me it didn't meet the most of the audiences expectations. I'm a great fan of James Wan. I watched all his written and directed movies many times. I love "The Conjuring" movie the most in his writings. Firstly after watching the trailer I felt a bit inetresting the after watching the movie it didn't meet my expectation.
Eskis mi, James Wan wasn't the director of The Nun. Maybe the reason it didnt meet your expectation. But the linking of the storyline is impressive.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 11, 2018
J2381:
STEM is a dick, just like koice.

Au contraire. I'm a very nice guy. A proper goody two-shoes and the whole baggage that goes with it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
ok

Kaycee7:
Don't do this to a sister. Find a way to support this movie. See it at a cinema or on Netflix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
Finally watched Star wars Solo.

A very nice movie to watch, was wondering why it didnt perform well at the box office.

Ratings; 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
J2381:
wow. You have a long way to go. I recommended the books so you'll truly grasp the extent of power the jedi and sith have. I never truly grasp it till I read the books.

Hope you know there are some cartoon series that go with the star wars franchise. You should also try and watch them.

When I finally decide to face the Star Wars franchise, I'll definitely make out time for the cartoon series as well.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beorn:

When I finally decide to face the Star Wars franchise, I'll definitely make out time for the cartoon series as well.
Awesome. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beorn:
Solo: A Star Wars Story 7.5/10.

Interesting action-packed movie, but to my utmost surprise, it's a box office bomb. Very shocking. How can such a nice movie with cult following bomb at the box office? Beats my imagination. Anyway, as for me, the movie was very interesting. I wish I didn't start my Star Wars journey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One day, I'll have to look for a Star Wars link and start from the first Star Wars movie in 1977.

It bombed, because it was unnecessary. When you start filling blanks that are better left empty, it runs the risk of ruining any lingering novelty. That said, it's a fun movie. Enjoyed it much more than the dumpster fire called The Last Jedi.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
American Animals 6.5/10

The worst assembled band of thieves. Very amateur. Had absolutely no clue on how to rob.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
Finally watched Star wars Solo.

A very nice movie to watch, was wondering why it didnt perform well at the box office.

Ratings; 7/10

Star Wars hardcore fans felt that the movie hurt the originality of the franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

It bombed, because it was unnecessary. When you start filling blanks that are better left empty, it runs the risk of ruining any lingering novelty. That said, it's a fun movie. Enjoyed it much more than the dumpster fire called The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi is the movie that's supposed to meet the fate that befell the Solo. Producing Solo was unnecessary same as The Last Jedi, but Solo was the better movie between the two and yet The Last Jedi didn't bomb at the box office. That movie was totally unnecessary IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Star Wars hardcore fans felt that the movie hurt the originality of the franchise.

I think Solo bore the brunt of the fall-out from the average and unnecessary The Last Jedi anthology. If it'd had come out before The Last Jedi, it wouldn't have bombed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beorn:

The Last Jedi is the movie that's supposed to meet the fate that befell the Solo. Producing Solo was unnecessary same as The Last Jedi, but Solo was the better movie between the two and yet The Last Jedi didn't bomb at the box office. That movie was totally unnecessary IMO.

What are you talking about? The Last Jedi is a direct sequel to 2015 installment, The Force Awakens. Both are part of a new Star Wars trilogy that picks up the story from Return of The Jedi, a 1983 Star Wars installment. The last part of the trilogy will conclude next year, and is titled Episode IX.

The Last Jedi didn't bomb at the box office, because it's a chapter to a story. A story that will conclude in the next installment, scheduled for next year. Solo is simply a standalone/anthology Star Wars movie that tried to explain something that don't need explaining. It bombed, because it ticked the fans off, and they boycotted it massively.

Moral of this story: don't f**k with the fans.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beorn:

I think Solo bore the brunt of the fall-out from the average and unnecessary The Last Jedi anthology. If it'd had come out before The Last Jedi, it wouldn't have bombed.

Like I said earlier, The Last Jedi is a part of a trilogy and 2nd sequel to a 1983 Star Wars movie. Solo is the anthology.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

What are you talking about? The Last Jedi is a direct sequel to 2015 installment, The Force Awakens. Both are part of a new Star Wars trilogy that picks up the story from Return of The Jedi, a 1983 Star Wars installment. The last part of the trilogy will conclude next year, and is titled Episode IX.

The Last Jedi didn't bomb at the box office, because it's a chapter to a story. A chapter that will conclude in the next installment scheduled for next year. Solo is simply a standalone/anthology Star Wars movie that tried to explain to the fans something that don't need explaining. It bombed because it ticked the fans off, and they boycotted it massively.

Moral of this story: don't f**k with the fans.

Now I understand it. Just visited their Wikipedia page and what you said checked out. Solo was the anthology which was unnecessary. Well, the fans have the final say, but Solo was a better movie for me than The Last Jedi. What of Rogue One, was it an anthology as well?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beorn:

Now I understand it. Just visited their Wikipedia page and what you said checks out. Solo was the anthology which was unnecessary. Well, the fans have the final say, but Solo was a better movie for me than The Last Jedi. What of Rogue One, was it an anthology as well?

Yeah, Rogue One is another anthology. Unlike Solo, it filled the gap that needed filling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Yeah, Rogue One was another anthology. Unlike Solo, it filled the gap that needed filling.

Got it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Usmanity(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
Memories
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beorn:
American Animals 6.5/10

The worst assembled band of thieves. Very amateur. Had absolutely no clue on how to rob.

Worse than Tokyo and Rio huh? Worse than money heist heh? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
TAG

Not a complete failure for it managed to force a few chuckles out of me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though. 5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Worse than Tokyo and Rio huh? Worse than money heist heh? grin

LOL. Those sons of bytches are not worthy enough to tie the shoe laces of Tokyo talk more of Rio. They're the worst robbery crew of all time. What am I even saying, those ill-raised kids were not thieves to begin with, they just wanted a sense of adventure. Tokyo is a proper criminal while those sons of bytches were stealing for the first time. The difference and skill-set is damn huge between both crew.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
TAG

Not a complete failure for it managed to force a few chuckles out of me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though. 5/10

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aptly typed. They failed at the comedic attempts. Deleted the movie immediately I was done watching it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by richyfa: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
Please can anyone help me out with the download link of this horror movie VERONICA 2017?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
Mile 22.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
There's this movie a friend recommended and I watched ..... Am giving it 10/10 ....... Superfly ..... Wooowwwww Am watching again tomorrow after work

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Chukason1:
There's this movie a friend recommended and I watched ..... Am giving it 10/10 ....... Superfly ..... Wooowwwww Am watching again tomorrow after work
hahahah welcome to hiphop/gangster league bro cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:09am On Sep 12, 2018
Dreyl:
Equalizer 2 7/10

Skyscraper 7/10

Accident man. 7/10
Did you just rate Skyscraper on par with The Equalizer 2? WTF?

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2018
J2381:
wow. You have a long way to go. I recommended the books so you'll truly grasp the extent of power the jedi and sith have. I never truly grasp it till I read the books.

Hope you know there are some cartoon series that go with the star wars franchise. You should also try and watch them.
You're trying to turn the dude to A Star Wars nerd. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ummeey: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2018
krattoss:
hahahah welcome to hiphop/gangster league bro cool
Please can you suggest movies with similar story line for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2018
Chukason1:

Lol.maybe you just started watching movies.How can anyone give a movie 100%.

Now back to superfly,its dead boring with no definite concept,encouraging the useless black-american culture that even real americans frown upon.But well since everyone has their own preferences,kudos to you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bidemz(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2018
Beorn:

Of course it's a happy ending. Didn't the villain/antagonist die? Didn't the protagonists emerge victorious at the end? I've stopped watching Nollywood movies since ages, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't villains in Nollywood movies die or end up on the losing side? If an antagonist in a typical Nollywood movie doesn't die in part 1, he/she will meet his/her timely death in part 2. If they made it past part 2, Grim Reaper will catch up with them in part 3 or 4 or 5 or 6, depending on how log the dumb director decided to milk his sheep. grin grin

Nollywood directors would've saved Jack in Titanic and killed STEM in Upgrade. grin grin grin
LMAO grin grin grin... craze man!
You are absolutely right, maybe the dude doesn't understand which point you are coming from
I hope he runs along this time around
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2018
Beorn:

Of course it's a happy ending. Didn't the villain/antagonist die? Didn't the protagonists emerge victorious at the end? I've stopped watching Nollywood movies since ages, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't villains in Nollywood movies die or end up on the losing side? If an antagonist in a typical Nollywood movie doesn't die in part 1, he/she will meet his/her timely death in part 2. If they made it past part 2, Grim Reaper will catch up with them in part 3 or 4 or 5 or 6, depending on how log the dumb director decided to milk his sheep. grin grin

Nollywood directors would've saved Jack in Titanic and killed STEM in Upgrade. grin grin grin

Please am confused on the end of that movie upgrade ....is it a dream or what ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.