Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,378 members, 7,850,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3810875 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (3856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MobileGees: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

It doesn't make you a feminist . The fact that you're asking this silly question shows most of you don't really know what feminism is.

If a female assaults you it's either you forgive ,file charges against her or assault her.
Don't assault anybody and start playing gender card.

If you can't reciprocate an assault by a woman then there's no justification for you to reciprocate an assault by a man.

You see why I said you dull?

You dull gidi gan

If a woman slaps you and you don't slap her back because she's a female,, then that make the whole feminist ideology stupid because how is that equal rights?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MobileGees: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2018
Beorn:

People complain just about everything, even unnecessary dumb issues. I don't even see any feminism agenda in the movie. The movie is practical because most fathers would struggle to take appropriate care of children when the mothers are not around. It's nature, nothing wrong with that. Mothers are naturally more gifted in the raising of children, they have a special bond which the fathers don't usually have with their children.

The woman being made more of the focus in the part 2 is just the storyline of the movie, after all it took the general of Frostzone, Mr Incredible and the kids to avert the imminent danger in the movie. We've had females as superheroes and lead characters, no big deal.

Mr Beorn, it would have made sense if they had just passed that bolded message in a non biased way, but you failed to leave out the most important part which is the part that is hurting me.

in that same cartoon they made every single male figure look like an idiot, I'm sure you didn't notice, they didn't have to that to pass their message

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2018
DannyKoice:
Some of you slamming Predator 2018 all over the place, your disappointment is on you. You watched it with ludicrous high expectations, fully armed with a fore knowledge of the franchise track record, and somehow expected a... miracle? C'mon now. You should have known better. The best way to enjoy a movie like that is to switch off your brain,and lower your expectations considerably. It's a no brainer.

I saw it the week it came out, and had a blast along with multiple other spectators in the movie theater with me. It's a feel good, fun kinda movie. Don't over think it.

Are you serious shocked

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fadedvoiced: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2018
MobileGees:

You see why I said you dull?

You dull gidi gan

If a woman slaps you and you don't slap her back because she's a female,, then that make the whole feminist ideology stupid because how is that equal rights?

Read my post again this time carefully so that you can comprehend.

I said if a woman slaps you it's either you file charges ,forgive or slap her back.

Slapping her back or not slapping her doesn't depict feminism.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 15, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

It doesn't make you a feminist . The fact that you're asking this silly question shows most of you don't really know what feminism is.

I'm all for equal rights, equal pay, equal treatment under the law. If that's what you mean by feminism, then we're good. But, what I've noticed is that some women are using this momentum to grab as much power as they can. Now, to me, that's radical feminism.

Fadedvoiced:

If a female assaults you it's either you forgive ,file charges against her or assault her.
Don't assault anybody and start playing gender card

If you can't reciprocate an assault by a woman then there's no justification for you to reciprocate an assault by a man.

I asked this question because I wanted to know your state of mind, and how to tackle you. You see, modern feminism is no longer about having equal rights, but how to suppress and demonize men. This kind of feminism only want to have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages. Equal pay is great, but you gotta get your hands dirty too. For instance, you don't have to be the first one off a sinking ship, and you should be able to do your own heavy lifting, etc.

Bottom line, if by feminism you mean the desire for equality of opportunity, I'm all with it 100%. However, if your version of feminism includes principles of equality of outcome, then I will vehemently oppose it.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2018
Beorn:
The Game 7.5/10

Even I was fooled till I realized the truth at the end. Well played, Conrad von Orton.

Koice, Abeg help me with the link of Seven, read it's the same director that directed The Game that directed it as well.

Se7en
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2018
BlackManta:

Are you serious shocked
What do you think?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

Koicereloaded?
Yup.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2018
MobileGees:

Mr Beorn, it would have made sense if they had just passed that bolded message in a non biased way, but you failed to leave out the most important part which is the part that is hurting me.

in that same cartoon they made every single male figure look like an idiot, I'm sure you didn't notice, they didn't have to that to pass their message

Care to explain how they made EYERY SINGLE MALE FIGURE look like an idiot_ because I didn't notice it. If you're talking about the hypnotic mask, Elastigirl and some other female superheros were entrapped too and made to lose their senses.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2018
BlackManta:

Are you serious shocked

He meant forget about the poor storyline and plot holes and just enjoy the action, just like I did with Revenge - a movie with plot holes and unrealistic storyline but yet enjoyable.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Joered63: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2018
DannyKoice:

I'm all for equal rights, equal pay, equal treatment under the law. If that's what you mean by feminism, then we're good. But, what I've noticed is that some women are using this momentum to grab as much power as they can. Now, to me, that's radical feminism.

I asked this question because I wanted to know your state of mind, and how to tackle you. You see, modern feminism is no longer about having equal rights, but how to suppress and demonize men. This kind of feminism only want to have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages. Equal pay is great, but you gotta get your hands dirty too. For instance, you don't have to be the first one off a sinking ship, and you should be able to do your own heavy lifting, etc.

Bottom line, if by feminism you mean the desire for equality of opportunity, I'm all with it 100%. However, if your version of feminism includes principles of equality of outcome, then I will vehemently oppose it.

Thank you bro, u just said my mind. The worst is they are using their message to deceive and mislead our African women into thinking that suppressing men is their number one agenda in life.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2018
DannyKoice:

Se7en
Oshey!!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:16am On Nov 15, 2018
DannyKoice:

Aptly written. Men and women aren't equal. We rather COMPLEMENT each other. We can't be EQUAL but have DIFFERENT body structures/parts, DIFFERENT strength ability, DIFFERENT hormones etc. Men and women are not equal, we have different attributes to complement the opposite gender.

I believe in justice and equity, but not equality.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2018
omoowhe:
No sir........ISOKO
sounds like urhobo, meaning "na pikin u be or you are a true child". Please sir, what does it mean in Isoko?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omoowhe: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2018
noob03saibot:
sounds like urhobo, meaning "na pikin u be or you are a true child". Please sir, what does it mean in Isoko?

it Is rather pronounced "omo ogwe" while ogwe is owhe community in isoko I. e son of owhe
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2018
omoowhe:

it Is rather pronounced "omo ogwe" while ogwe is owhe community in isoko I. e son of owhe
OK, thanks. Gotcha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
Beorn:

People complain just about everything, even unnecessary dumb issues. I don't even see any feminism agenda in the movie. The movie is practical because most fathers would struggle to take appropriate care of children when the mothers are not around. It's nature, nothing wrong with that. Mothers are naturally more gifted in the raising of children, they have a special bond which the fathers don't usually have with their children.

The woman being made more of the focus in the part 2 is just the storyline of the movie, after all it took the general of Frostzone, Mr Incredible and the kids to avert the imminent danger in the movie. We've had females as superheroes and lead characters, no big deal.

Why una dey summon me? Wetin i do una?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
A Star Is Born
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
Frostyzone:

Why una dey summon me? Wetin i do una?

I wrote FROSTZONE not FroztYzone, so why are you summoning me for not summoning you? Wetin I do you?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
V for Vendetta.

A solid 9/10.

A magnificent movie. Full of art, violence, love and of course, revenge.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
Frostyzone:

What's the difference you idiot? Trouble dey sleep iyanga go wake am. don't let me give you the ishilove treatment you fucknut.

You have an inflated value of yourself. Give who what treatment? Look at this douchebag_. You must think I'm bothered by your ingrained lunacy. How delusional can you be? Get off my nuts, you gender confused, triple-eyed epileptic beast of burden!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
Beorn:

You have an inflated value of yourself. Give who what treatment? Look at this douchebag_. You must think I'm bothered by your ingrained lunacy. How delusional can you be? Get off my nuts, you gender confused, triple-eyed epileptic beast of burden!!
Beorn don vex oo! shocked shocked

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
I don't know what to say about Alpha. Starting to get tired of Humans and Animal love movies, still looking forward to Mowgli

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
Beorn:

Do you kiss ya hoe mom with that mouth? Tell you what, fagg0t, sounds like you need to go fvck yourself. What you do is you roll yourself into a ball or whatever, and you take your dick and you put it up your ass. How about that fagg0t?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Eloinmoney: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
I am presently watching the movie titled "Chemistry" from Obylicioustv. Whether it's the chemistry we know or the other one, I leave that to your judgement. http://obylicioustv.com/?p=16

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
DannyKoice:
Shut you dick sucking hole, fagg0t.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
DannyKoice:
Shut you dick sucking hole, fagg0t.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2018
Beorn:

Beorn lool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (3856) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: zlatan(m), Runsmania(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.