Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3844018 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (3866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
The Last of The Mohicans

A shot from the past. Watched this movie in my childhood, and I gotta say, even after many years have passed, I haven't forgotten the half-white/half-Mohawk protagonist - Hawkeye, his Mohawk brother - Uncas, his Mohawk father - Chingachgook, his heartthrob - Cora, Alice, Major Munro, Duncan and the one name I will never forget as long as I live, Magua.

An historical drama with a engaging story that took occurred in an era we rarely see on film nowadays. The story is intriguing and has multiple themes ranging from love to colonialism. The 10-minute climax scene with no dialogue is amazing. The music and cinematography were on point.

I still haven't come to terms that Daniel Day-Lewis was the man behind the Hawkeye character! What a superb method actor. Too bad he's retired.

Anyhoo, 8.5/10 jare.
watched it too as a kid, a teenager. The soundtrack is still one of the best I have heard in a movie. Dope stuff
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I can see you're slowly but surely working your way through that list, lolz.

Mehn!! Only new movies like A Star is Born I downloaded today and upcoming ones that will make me derail from that list temporarily. I've even decided to pause new series I've had in mind like Narcos: Mexico till I'm done with part 1 of that list. If 90% of the movies in that first list turns out to be impressive, I'll pause other movies as well and finish the second list. cheesy grin

I've even added Se7en to the list. So far, the movies have been great. None has been a disappointment. With your penchant for loving BORING movies lately, I'm surprised this list has been outstanding. LMAO. grin grin

Triangle was a total mindfuck_. I wonder why you didn't recommend it earlier this year when I was looking out for mindfuck_ movies? undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
Didn’t realise that Grindelwald movie was out, may watch it today
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
The Last of The Mohicans

A shot from the past. Watched this movie in my childhood, and I gotta say, even after many years have passed, I haven't forgotten the half-white/half-Mohawk protagonist - Hawkeye, his Mohawk brother - Uncas, his Mohawk father - Chingachgook, his heartthrob - Cora, Alice, Major Munro, Duncan and the one name I will never forget as long as I live, Magua.

An historical drama with a engaging story that took occurred in an era we rarely see on film nowadays. The story is intriguing and has multiple themes ranging from love to colonialism. The 10-minute climax scene with no dialogue is amazing. The music and cinematography were on point.

I still haven't come to terms that Daniel Day-Lewis was the man behind the Hawkeye character! What a superb method actor. Too bad he's retired.

Anyhoo, 8.5/10 jare.

They don't make classic movies like this anymore. The film gets better no matter how many times one watches it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
bodyonchecheche:

Its ratings so far has been discouraging. Watch and rate it for us. We need to know what we're dealing with it when it's time for us watch it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

Its ratings so far has been discouraging. Watch and rate it for us. We need to know what we're dealing with it when it's time for us watch it.
Oh really? Lool ok will do cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

Mehn!! Only new movies like A Star is Born I downloaded today and upcoming ones that will make me derail from that list temporarily. I've even decided to pause new series I've had in mind like Narcos: Mexico till I'm done with part 1 of that list. If 90% of the movies in that first list turns out to be impressive, I'll pause other movies as well and finish the second list. cheesy grin
gringringrin

Beorn:

I've even added Se7en to the list. So far, the movies have been great. None has been a disappointment. With your penchant for loving BORING movies lately, I'm surprised this list has been outstanding. LMAO. grin grin
I'm incline to slow burners because of their clear bias for exposition and world building, but I'm also partial to a good thriller with shallow plot lines, but equipped with the perfect blend of "grit" and "plot twists" - the classic ingredients for an engrossing cinematic experience.

Beorn:

Triangle was a total mindfuck_. I wonder why you didn't recommend it earlier this year when I was looking out for mindfuck_ movies? undecided
Lolz, there are so many mindf**ks out there, that in the memory palace, the more recent or memorable ones so often take precedence over old ones like Triangle.

To simplify, I totally forgot. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

They don't make classic movies like this anymore. The film gets better no matter how many times one watches it.
They don't indeed. It's unfortunate that Hollywood are putting the raw artform of filmmaking in the backseat while it pays homage to the new world order - computer generated images. Nowadays, it's rare to see traditional flicks where actors are expected to rely on their acting chops, nuances and talent to sell their respective characters, the directors on their directorial acumen and skill... Instead, we now have cheesy dialogue and CGI monsters complementing each other. What a travesty. embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
noob03saibot:
watched it too as a kid, a teenager. The soundtrack is still one of the best I have heard in a movie. Dope stuff

One of the best indeed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

is Narcos season 3 out?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
koicereloaded were is the mindfuck list, can you please repost it, tnx in advance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

They don't indeed. It's unfortunate that Hollywood are putting the raw artform of filmmaking in the backseat while it pays homage to the new world order - computer generated images. Nowadays, it's rare to see traditional flicks where actors are expected to rely on their acting chops, nuances and talent to sell their respective characters, the directors on their directorial acumen and skill... Instead, we now have cheesy dialogue and CGI monsters complementing each other. What a travesty. embarassed

Very rare, mate. I can't remember the last traditional flick where actor's talent was truly manifested like that of DDL. For Last of the Mohicans, He learned how to fire and reload muskets especially while running, learned to skin animals and make clothes, learned how to build and ride a canoe and a whole bunch of other shit_ for the role of Hawkeye. DDL takes his scripts/roles so serious. He goes to great lengths to interpret his roles perfectly. Leo di Caprio in The Revenant and the protagonist in Apocalypto are the 2 actors in a traditional flick in the past few years that reminded of DDL's performance in The Last of the Mohicans.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
mekaprime:

is Narcos season 3 out?
Yes. Came out yesterday.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

gringringrin

I'm incline to slow burners because of their clear bias for exposition and world building, but I'm also partial to a good thriller with shallow plot lines, but equipped with the perfect blend of "grit" and "plot twists" - the classic ingredients for an engrossing cinematic experience.

Lolz, there are so many mindf**ks out there, that in the memory palace, the more recent or memorable ones so often take precedence over old ones like Triangle.

To simplify, I totally forgot. grin

All these big big grammar just to tell me you forgot and give me headache. You deserve this. . . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:
Yes. Came out yesterday.
Actually came out early morning today or late morning Nigerian time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

All these big big grammar just to tell me you forgot and give me headache. You deserve this. . . grin

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

Very rare, mate. I can't remember the last traditional flick where actor's talent was truly manifested like that of DDL. For Last of the Mohicans, He learned how to fire and reload muskets especially while running, learned to skin animals and make clothes, learned how to build and ride a canoe and a whole bunch of other shit_ for the role of Hawkeye. DDL takes his scripts/roles so serious. He goes to great lengths to interpret his roles perfectly. Leo di Caprio in The Revenant and the protagonist in Apocalypto are the 2 actors in a traditional flick in the past few years that reminded of DDL's performance in The Last of the Mohicans.

Well said. Day-Lewis was one of the best character/method actors of his generation. There's a reason he's won 3 Oscars in 4 nominations.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
mekaprime:

is Narcos season 3 out?

Netflix uploaded all the episodes around 3am (or 9am Nigerian time) today. Have already watched the first episode sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Actually came out early morning today or late morning Nigerian time.

I'm tempted to start downloading it, but I won't. It'll distract me from the movies in that list.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
bodyonchecheche:
Grindelwald. You mean Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them? You a fan of Harry Potter?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beorn:

I'm tempted to start downloading it, but I won't. It'll distract me from the movies in that list.

It's really good. It's taking all my willpower to stay away from it. I'm saving it for Sunday. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2018
AHCB:
Grindelwald. You mean Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them? You a fan of Harry Potter?
Yup. Movie’s out at the cinemas here so will check it out at some point

No not really, I wasn’t allowed to read them because he was a ‘wizard’ lmao then I never bothered to get into it when I got older
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
bodyonchecheche:

Yup. Movie’s out at the cinemas here so will check it out at some point
alright. It's out in cinemas here too.

No not really, I wasn’t allowed to read them because he was a ‘wizard’ lmao then I never bothered to get into it when I got older
really? Like your parents are christians?

I read all the books. Heck, I even own some. I'm a fan. At one time, I knew all the spells in Harry Potter. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Well said. Day-Lewis was one of the best character/method actors of his generation. There's a reason he's won 3 Oscars in 4 nominations.
6 noms
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
Just watched Milk and rewatched Tropic Thunder, Revolutionary Road, all 2008 and it got me wondering, if Heath Ledger had not died would he have won that Oscar for playing Joker because he had strong competition that year?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
troubleseller:
6 noms
You're right.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
troubleseller:
Just watched Milk and rewatched Tropic Thunder, Revolutionary Road, all 2008 and it got me wondering, if Heath Ledger had not died would he have won that Oscar for playing Joker because he had strong competition that year?

Sure, he would have won. The competition weren't all that strong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
Why is nobody talking bout ghoul?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jiggar(m): 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
"Taps mic and clears throat"

Train to Busan. How do I categorize such a masterpiece and well scripted movie?

I enjoyed it. 8.5/10

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Netflix uploaded all the episodes around 3am (or 9am Nigerian time) today. Have already watched the first episode sef.

All the episodes, wow!!.were is modem let me fire down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (3866) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.