Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3829927 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (3863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chiemerie8(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2018
Can u Guys pls drop a download link to king of boys I have been searching for it all over the internet
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2018
Chiemerie8:
Can u Guys pls drop a download link to king of boys
I have been searching for it all over the internet

Download link for a film that's not up to a month old?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Who else is kinda feeling disappointed on Narcos Mexico undecided embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:
Time Lapse 8/10
Quite simply one of the most intelligent time travel movies I've ever watched. The simple but yet ingenuity-filled storyline makes it all the more impressive. And it's not even a novel adaptation. The director of the movie is very imaginative and detailed. Low-budget movies that are well written are goldmines, what they lack in costly CGIs, they make up for it with an engaging and brainstorming and compelling storyline that leaves the viewers asking questions way after the movie has ended. If this story was true, it lays to waste the idea of free will, because all our free will still ends in a definitive preordained ending which we can absolutely nothing about to change.
i've come to personally not believe that there's no such thing as free will.

If you've seen The Time Machine, you might understand more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Holiday Calendar.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
Imagine someone saying he doesn't believe that free will exist because a mediocre and forgettable Hollywood film that goes by the name of The Time Machine told him so. People are gullible. SMH.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:
Time Lapse 8/10

Quite simply one of the most intelligent time travel movies I've ever watched. The simple but yet ingenuity-filled storyline makes it all the more impressive. And it's not even a novel adaptation. The director of the movie is very imaginative and detailed. Low-budget movies that are well written are goldmines, what they lack in costly CGIs, they make up for it with an engaging and brainstorming and compelling storyline that leaves the viewers asking questions way after the movie has ended. If this story was true, it lays to waste the idea of free will, because all our free will still ends in a definitive preordained ending which we can absolutely nothing about to change.

Well written low-budget films are usually fantastic. Coherence, The Invitation and Another Earth to name a few.

Time Lapse gobsmacked the audience by leading them down a cul-de-sac.

Have you seen Looper?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Princess Switch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
i've come to personally not believe that there's no such thing as free will.

If you've seen The Time Machine, you might understand more.

I haven't seen The Time Machine, but I find it hard to believe that any human can doubt the existence of free will.

Haven't you heard of people changing religions or becoming atheists or agnostics despite being theists? If it isn't freewill, what is it?

Next year, Nigerians will vote for any of the parties of their choice. Isn't that freewill?

How about people choosing to support any clubs they want? Isn't that freewill as well?

Without freewill, we'd all be zombies, thinking, doing and believing alike.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Well written low-budget films are usually fantastic. Coherence, The Invitation and Another Earth to name a few.

Time Lapse gobsmacked the audience by leading them down a cul-de-sac.

Have you seen Looper?

You want me to add The Invitation and Another Earth to that list, abi? grin No way. I'll jot them down to watch in the near future. Coherence is on that list, I'll do justice to it very soon.

I've seen Looper. You listed it for me when you were suggesting mindfuck_ movies like Memento, Predestination and co, earlier this year. It's a dope movie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

I haven't seen The Time Machine, but I find it hard to believe that any human can doubt the existence of free will.

Haven't you heard of people changing religions or becoming atheists or agnostics despite being theists? If it isn't freewill, what is it?

Next year, Nigerians will vote for any of the parties of their choice. Isn't that freewill?

How about people choosing to support any clubs they want? Isn't that freewill as well?

Without freewill, we'd all be zombies, thinking, doing and believing alike.
no doubt, but whatever action we take have already been preordained. You get?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
no doubt, but whatever action we take have already been preordained. You get?

OK, I get it now. Why do you think all our actions has been preordained? Or do I need to watch The Time Machine to understand where you're coming from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

OK, I get it now. Why do you think all our actions has been preordained? Or do I need to watch The Time Machine to understand where you're coming from?
nope, not at all. What i'm saying is, whatever you decide to do, or not do has already been written that this is what you do/did or didn't do.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
nope, not at all. What i'm saying is, whatever you decide to do, or not do has already been written that this is what you do/did or didn't do.

I think it boils down to people's beliefs, then. What you wrote is what many theists/religious people would say, but I personally don't believe such. I don't believe our actions or inactions are predestined, even if it were, we can change it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

I think it boils down to people's beliefs, then. What you wrote is what many theists/religious people would say, but I personally don't believe such. I don't believe our actions or inactions are predestined, even if it were, we can change it.
that's exactly what i'm saying. If you change it, it's already been written that you'll change it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
that's exactly what i'm saying. If you change it, it's already been written that you'll change it.

I'll need some concrete evidence to believe your line of thought. Just saying it ain't enough. Can you prove it? Or it's just your belief?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

I'll need some concrete evidence to believe your line of thought. Just saying it ain't enough. Can you prove it? Or it's just your belief?
proof, which proof do you need?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
proof, which proof do you need?

Proof like where it's written that every action of ours is predestined. Or happenings that showed all our activities on earth had already played out and we're just living a scripted life.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

Proof like where it's written that every action of ours is predestined. Or happenings that showed all our activities on earth had already played out and we're just living a scripted life.
TIME
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
TIME
Expatiate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

Expatiate.
everything we do, or not do has already been written down in time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
There is this Facebook page called "Good movie every day".

They always upload awesome movies and Facebook helps compress the size.

Na to just download and watch sure pass.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Breegz14(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Murder on the Orient Express

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:

This looks to be coming from a religious angle not a factual one, like how theists believe in a God which they haven't seen yet. Their beliefs works more on faith than sight.

For example, how do you verify each person's time? How do you prove with TIME that a person will turn out this way or that way BEFORE he does? Or that by so, so and so time next year, Mr A will perform a definitive act which you or anyone had already seen or known?

If I get you correctly, if Mr A ends up being killed by lynching, you're of the belief that time had predestined Mr A to die through that means and there's nothing he'd have done about it. But you don't expect inquisitive folks to believe you if you can't say from the beginning that Mr A would end up that way. After all anyone can claim anything AFTER it'd had happened, but to actually predict factually BEFORE it happens is the real deal, and that's what those fictitious time machine in movies does, but in real life, none of that exist neither can it be proven.

To expatiate further, if 19 people and I placed a bet which fails and then you say we failed because time had predestined it that way, I'd simply ask that if you're so sure, why didn't tell us that all our bets must fail as time had already predestined it that way instead of waiting after it had failed.

In other words, everything that happens, you BELIEVE it's meant to happen that way by time, but you can't prove it BEFORE it happens. It boils down to your beliefs like I initially pointed out.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:

In addition to my last post, can you tell me what time has predestined to happen to me tomorrow by 1:23pm, 11:11am, 1:05:06am tomorrow?

If you can't tell me what will happen to me in those aforementioned time, but believe that what will happen me then will happen and has already been predestined by time, then you're just speculating without any fact.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omoowhe: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Kin 2018
7/10........great movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
alexistaiwo:
There is this Facebook page called "Good movie every day".

They always upload awesome movies and Facebook helps compress the size.

Na to just download and watch sure pass.
a page that is uploading old movies and some click bait.... take dem serious at ur own peril....

imagine the movie screenshot from there..... the title is "Zhong Kui: Snow Girl n The Dark Crystal"....
No Jackie Chan in that movie lah..but they are using Jackie poster

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
Now, I have read it all. Lmao!!

Never knew that I don't have free-will after all these years. Never knew there is an invisible sky daddy dictating my every move, and pulling my strings like a puppet. This is really enlightening. Beorn, leave the guy alone, he's on to something! grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Naijaarchive:
Very Interesting Movies

Outlaw King

The Nun

Downloading
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kemyem: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
please who has the subtitle to a quiet place?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:
[b]
In addition to my last post, can you tell me what time has predestined to happen to me tomorrow by 1:23pm, 11:11am, 1:05:06am tomorrow?
how can I tell you that. I'm not time, am I

If you can't tell me what will happen to me in those aforementioned time, but believe that what will happen me then will happen and has already been predestined by time, then you're just speculating without any fact.
so saying you'll die is speculating, right?

It's a fact that everything living must die. Nobody knows the time it will happen, but it will surely happen. So, this fall under speculation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

This looks to be coming from a religious angle not a factual one, like how theists believe in a God which they haven't seen yet. Their beliefs works more on faith than sight.

For example, how do you verify each person's time? How do you prove with TIME that a person will turn out this way or that way BEFORE he does? Or that by so, so and so time next year, Mr A will perform a definitive act which you or anyone had already seen or known?

If I get you correctly, if Mr A ends up being killed by lynching, you're of the belief that time had predestined Mr A to die through that means and there's nothing he'd have done about it. But you don't expect inquisitive folks to believe you if you can't say from the beginning that Mr A would end up that way. After all anyone can claim anything AFTER it'd had happened, but to actually predict factually BEFORE it happens is the real deal, and that's what those fictitious time machine in movies does, but in real life, none of that exist neither can it be proven.

To expatiate further, if 19 people and I placed a bet which fails and then you say we failed because time had predestined it that way, I'd simply ask that if you're so sure, why didn't tell us that all our bets must fail as time had already predestined it that way instead of waiting after it had failed.

In other words, everything that happens, you BELIEVE it's meant to happen that way by time, but you can't prove it BEFORE it happens. It boils down to your beliefs like I initially pointed out.
tell me, if you say you're going to be somewhere tomorrow, and for some reason, you didn't make it there, would you say you didn't make it there out of free will?

But like you initially pointed out, it all boils down to your personal belief.

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (3863) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.