Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3731533 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (3829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
blingxx:

I agree.. Tobey Maguire's spiderman is still the best, Tom Holland is too cheesy
Actually, Tom Holland's Spiderman is the most faithful to the comics.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by finalboss(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
Galapagous:

Of course he had to talk much. What else do you expect he's playing the role of a fucking kid.
.... Toby spiderman version (especially spiderman 3) is still the best cos he was playing the role as a calm rational grown ass man about to wed.
he's also smart.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

Other symbiotes' hosts were not sickly. They're only poor people who needed cash and signed an undertaking they didn't understand.

Also, while Riot chose from a lot of options later on, his first choice was random and the first human it came in contact with, yet it's still a perfect match.

Like I said earlier, environment played a vital role in Riot's successful bonding. Let me clarify you here. Riot initial & subsequent choice of human host seemed a perfect match because he never fed off any of his host until the very last moment he was ready to leave the host, because it saw the human body as a vessel for his mobility. And also, it basically had other alternatives as regards feeding as he travelled. While his kin that were caged up in the lab, saw they host as food & fed on their internal organs because they had no other option as regards feeding thus their bonding was never successful.

Immediately Venom bonded with Brock & he got home, the first thing venom said was that he was hungry, of which Brock ransacked his fridge in other to satisfy venom's hunger, Even at that, he was still slowly feeding on Brock & killing him slowly (Weying's boyfriend stated this).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2018
Topmaike007:
actually DC own Black lightning.. but they already created another Universe for the movie name Black lightning universe just as flash is in the arrowverse...all this universe are multi verse own by DC..

Even now marvel already created another Universe name X-Men universe the own the gifted...
urghhh. I don't know how some people have a hard time differentiating tv series from movies. they call everything movies, completely ignorant to the fact that tv series are completely different from movies.

i) tv series are called small screen. movies are called big screen or silver screen
ii) tv series have seasons broken down to episodes. movies don't have episodes but can be broken down to parts.
iii) tv series airs weekly and are mostly seasonal. movies premiere only once, and are annual.
iv) tv series are shot on a single camera format. movies are shot on multi camara
v) the most prestigious tv series award ceremony is called emmy awards(emmys for short). most prestigious movie awards ceremony is called academy awards(oscars for short).
vi) tv series are powered by commercials and so have well timed commercial breaks. movies don't have commercial breaks.
vii) an average big budget movie actor is better paid than an average big budget tv series actor.
viii) tv series are long running and can go for decades. movies are not as enduring.
ix) tv series can switch genres at will. movies stay true to their original genre
x) tv series make quick cash grab from syndication. movies make money from direct to dvd releases.

I hope you're thoroughly schooled to the fact that movies and tv series are two different things.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Topmaike007(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
DandeNumeruno:

urghhh. I don't know how some people have a hard time differentiating tv series from movies. they call everything movies, completely ignorant to the fact that tv series are completely different from movies.

i) tv series are called small screen. movies are called big screen or silver screen
ii) tv series have seasons broken down to episodes. movies don't have episodes but can be broken down to parts.
iii) tv series airs weekly and are mostly seasonal. movies premiere only once, and are annual.
iv) tv series are shot on a single camera format. movies are shot on multi camara
v) the most prestigious tv series award ceremony is called emmy awards(emmys for short). most prestigious movie awards ceremony is called academy awards(oscars for short).
vi) tv series are powered by commercials and so have well timed commercial breaks. movies don't have commercial breaks.
vii) an average big budget movie actor is better paid than an average big budget tv series actor.
viii) tv series are long running and can go for decades. movies are not as enduring.
ix) tv series can switch genres at will. movies stay true to their original genre
x) tv series make quick cash grab from syndication. movies make money from direct to dvd releases.

I hope you're thoroughly schooled to the fact that movies and tv series are two different things.
okay
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
alexistaiwo:
After wasting my precious 2h 37mins on The Revenant last week.

I can't afford any more wastage this week.

Please who can give an honest opinion on The autopsy of Jane Doe?

Is it interesting?
Yes or No?
It's interesting a little bit... It is not scary at all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

Like I said earlier, environment played a vital role in Riot's successful bonding. Let me clarify you here. Riot initial & subsequent choice of human host seemed a perfect match because he never fed off any of his host until the very last moment he was ready to leave the host, because it saw the human body as a vessel for his mobility. And also, it basically had other alternatives as regards feeding as he travelled. While his kin that were caged up in the lab, saw they host as food & fed on their internal organs because they had no other option as regards feeding thus their bonding was never successful.

Immediately Venom bonded with Brock & he got home, the first thing venom said was that he was hungry, of which Brock ransacked his fridge in other to satisfy venom's hunger, Even at that, he was still slowly feeding on Brock & killing him slowly (Weying's boyfriend stated this).

And by killing their hosts, the symbiotes also died due to lack of host.

So the symbiotes foolishly killed themselves by destroying their only source of survival -the host.

Are those symbiotes really that stupid or maybe the screenwriter was just dumb and lazy. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
Venom.

8/10.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kaycee7:
Spiderman: Homecoming and Far From Home be looking at you like
[img]https://media1./images/b31bf56d42783556206d13c9bcc9f0ab/tenor.gif?itemid=4636355[/img]

Spiderman homecoming and Far from home are owned and distributed by Sony NOT Disney.

Disney doesn't have anything to do with those movies or any standalone spiderman movie.

If Disney dares make a stand alone spiderman movie, dem go chop am wella for law suit.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

And by killing their hosts, the symbiotes also died due to lack of host.

So the symbiotes foolishly killed themselves by destroying their only source of survival -the host.

Are those symbiotes really that stupid or maybe the screenwriter was just dumb and lazy. undecided
Apart from riot that feels comfortable in any host while looking for his main host...
They rest symbiotes ain't comfortable they just want to bond with their main host.... It's either their host or no one else
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emekus92:

Apart from riot that feels comfortable in any host while looking for his main host...
They rest symbiotes ain't comfortable they just want to bond with their main host.... It's either their host or no one else

Why does riot feel comfortable in any host.
How does riot select its host.?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emekus92:

Why are they not comfortable with their hosts?

What makes a host suitable or not suitable?

Why not stay with a host for the mean time until they find the perfect host instead of killing a host instantly and thereby killing themselves as well?

Venom did it once, it stayed in that lady until she crossed paths with Eddie and it immediately switched to Eddie (the perfect host).

Riot also did it, switching from host to host instead of killing them senselessly until it found the perfect host in Riz Ahmed.

Does it mean other symbiotes are not intelligent like Venom and Riot.?
Why destroy the source of
its survival in a matter of seconds when doing that will only put it at risk of dying due to lack of host?

Isn't that stupid?

I thought symbiotes were intelligent.

At least Venom showed some degree of intelligence.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

Why does riot feel comfortable in any host.
How does riot select its host.?

According to the movie after the crash he (riot) was in a man's body who was the only man that survived the crash after that he entered the nurse body he was comfortable bcoz he didn't kill her unlike other symbiotes...
He just used her to transport himself until (maybe he got tired of her) then he entered that old woman's body then the little girl who walked straight to Drake who is the main host...
I don't know how he was able to locate His host (Drake)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

Like I said earlier, environment played a vital role in Riot's successful bonding. Let me clarify you here. Riot initial & subsequent choice of human host seemed a perfect match because he never fed off any of his host until the very last moment he was ready to leave the host, because it saw the human body as a vessel for his mobility. And also, it basically had other alternatives as regards feeding as he travelled. his kin that were caged up in the lab, saw they host as food & fed on their internal organs because they had no other option as regards feeding thus their bonding was never successful.

I still don't believe those test subjects died in that lab because the symbiotes senselessly killed them by feeding on their internal organs.

If that is true....

Then this statement by the CEO of the lab is pretty useless.

See it below....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

I still don't believe those test subjects died in that lab because the symbiotes senselessly killed them by feeding on their internal organs.

If that is true....

Then this statement by the CEO of the lab is pretty useless.

See it below....

Here is the evidence substantiating my claim........The script was poorly written though, it's an undisputed fact.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

Here is the evidence substantiating my claim........The script was poorly written though, it's an undisputed fact.

So why are the host dying?

Is it because the host was showing hyper acute rejection to the symbiote or because the symbiote was eating them from the inside

I'm confused...

Mind you... The scientist in the lab did several test but never said anything about symbiote killing the host by destroying their internal organs.

Only doctor Dan made the discovery.

In conclusion, whoever wrote the plot for Venom should be fired by SONY.

Spiderman 3 did this symbiote stuff better...

Plot holes just full this Venom movie leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

Tufia...

And Koicereloaded said critics were wrong about the movie.

Okay oo...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

Here is another stupid plot hole...

If Venom was gradually killing Eddie from the inside, why then did Eddie not get rid of the symbiote after beating Riot.

So instead of saving his own life he go leave Venom for im body make e dey gradually kill am from the inside abi undecided

E be like say Eddie want to die young...

Okay oo...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

Is it because the host was showing hyper acute rejection to the symbiote or because the symbiote was eating them from the inside

I'm confused...

Mind you... The scientist in the lab did several test but never said anything about symbiote killing the host by destroying their internal organs.

Plot holes just full this Venom movie leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

Tufia...

Okay oo...

Lol...To the bolded, I don't think the host showing hyper acute rejection to the symbiote was the cause of their death because if it were so, how do you now explain Riot's successful bonding with every Dick & Harry he comes in contact with. The point is that they saw their host as food & ate them from inside. Annihilation by feeding on the human population happens to be their main mission to earth, another big plot hole. So had Riot succeeded in bringing the whole symbiote community to earth, they would have ended up killed everybody which invariably means their death.... Fu..cked up plot

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

If Venom was gradually killing Eddie from the inside, why then did Eddie not get rid of the symbiote after beating Riot.

So instead of saving his own life he go leave Venom for im body make e dey gradually kill am from the inside abi undecided

Okay oo...

Remember the scene were Eddie asked Venom what made it change its mind as he told Eddie of his plans to stop Riot, it was from there, Venom stopped hurting Eddie. You can actually see that at the end were Venom said he was hungry that it & Eddie should go grab something to eat because he doesn't want to eat Eddie's liver as it was looking delicious.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
alexistaiwo:
After wasting my precious 2h 37mins on The Revenant last week.

I can't afford any more wastage this week.

Please who can give an honest opinion on The autopsy of Jane Doe?if you are into horror, a solid YES.

Is it interesting?
Yes or No?
if you are into horror, a solid YES

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
Thanks.

I will watch in the midnight.

noob03saibot:
if you are into horror, a solid YES
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

LOL. The emboldened which set the tone of your entire post is very wrong. Bro, all symbiotes behave alike or almost alike, and therefore generally have huge appetite and feed off its host when hungry. That's why we're condemning the directors for bending the rules for some symbiotes.

To prove your notion wrong, I'll take you down to very beginning. When Riot first entered its host, a human called Jameson, the human was weak, possibly from feeding on him. Then Riot killed one of the two occupants transporting him and possessed the Asian lady leading to an accident. Immediately the lady tore through the roof of the car, her first steps were LABOURED and Riot now occupying her healed her broken bones. Now watch carefully, she walked quiet alright in the next few seconds, but when next the lady was shown, she's visibly tired and struggling to walk because Riot was desperately hungry and looking for food while feeding off its host. When the lady got to the market place, her first move was to eat that eel fish to regain strength and once she did, you'll notice that the tiredness that engulfed her disappeared and she became strong. That's because Riot was finally feeding.

So, to arrive at the emboldened was very wrong. How do you even know that Riot only fed off its host at the last minute? In short, if not for the laboratory, scientists and the doctors, you wouldn't have known that other symbiotes were feeding off its hosts. The only reasons that made you conclude that Riot was not feeding off its hosts was that no scientists carried a test on its hosts and, Riot always seemed to find the perfect hosts that barely show signs of struggle. Besides, the director didn't focus on the clinical signs/aspects of Riot unlike other symbiotes if not you'd heard that it feeds off its hosts when hungry and not only at the last minute.

Venom had a weak script, but I enjoyed it nonetheless because of the action scene. It's just a feel good movie with weak plot.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emekus92:

Yet Brock's ex didn't die when Venom used her to go back to Brock who is its MAIN HOST?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

Okay oo...

if this is where your thinking carried you too, then VENOM is not for you...the movie was well done with a beautiful plot and a well written script...it was even a very straightforward plot sef...you guys that are seeing fault in it all the best, it wasn't meant for y'all...A GOOD 9/10 FOR ME.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2018
that guy does not see anything good in marvel grin we know their type

NicolasTfile:

if this is where your thinking carried you too, then VENOM is not for you...the movie was well done with a beautiful plot and a well written script...it was even a very straightforward plot sef...you guys that are seeing fault in it all the best, it wasn't meant for y'all...A GOOD 9/10 FOR ME.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

I'm confused...

Plot holes just full this Venom movieleaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

Tufia...

Okay oo...

LMAO. The script writers were super clueless. That's the perfect way to describe the confusion. Venom is just a fun movie if one ignores the storyline which had numerous plot holes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emekus92:

See guy, the other symbiotes needed their leader RIOT... its just like any community even with animals in our planet sef,if the head is not there to lead them,there would be dissaray nd chaos, that is y they were not able to successfully bond wit any host...its not because they already have one ordained perfect host waiting for dem somewhere...even VENOM sef was feeding on brock,if not that they were able to bond later

9/10!!!!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

Okay oo...

No. As long as Eddie is eating voraciously to satisfy Venom, he'll be aite.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

LMAO. The script writers were super clueless. That's the perfect way to describe the confusion. Venom is just a fun movie if one ignores the storyline which had numerous plot holes.

BEORN...LORD OF BANTS!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2018
NicolasTfile:

if this is where your thinking carried you too, then VENOM is not for you [b]the movie was well done with a beautiful plot and a well written script...it was even a very straightforward plot sef...[/b]you guys that are seeing fault in it all the best, it wasn't meant for y'all...A GOOD 9/10 FOR ME.

The emboldened is very false.

Venom's plot is loaded with some massive plot holes.

Maybe you don't have an eye for great movies or you watch movies just for fun, action scenes, explosion and heavy CGI.

I cant criticise your rating.
We all have something we look out for in a movie.
Different strokes for different folks.

But for me, Venom is the worst comic book movie of the year.

I stand with my 5/10 rating.

But if you believe the movie had a good plot maybe you can explain to me how a rocket set to launch after 5 minutes actually took more than 5 minutes before launching.

Me sef set my own timer dey me monitor that thing.

A rocket that supposed to launch after 5 minutes elapsed actually launched after 5 minutes 25 seconds.

Amateur mistake from who ever directed that movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
NicolasTfile:

BEORN...LORD OF BANTS!!!!

All hail Lord Beorn!

First of his tongue!

Hail his Banterness!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (3829) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Saturnalia(m), Papadoh(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.