Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3727595 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2018
NicolasTfile:

See guy, the other symbiotes needed their leader RIOT... its just like any community even with animals in our planet sef,if the head is not there to lead them,there would be dissaray nd chaos, that is y they were not able to successfully bond wit any host...its not because they already have one ordained perfect host waiting for dem somewhere...even VENOM sef was feeding on brock,if not that they were able to bond later

9/10!!!!!!!

You gave the most comical excuse I've read in a long while. So other symbiotes chose to kill themselves because Riot was not around? But Venom refused to kill itself like the other two? So, once you don't see your leader, you go rush kpai yourself?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
NicolasTfile:

BEORN...LORD OF BANTS!!!!

JeromeBlack:

All hail Lord Beorn!
First of his tongue!
Hail his Banterness!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
I wonder how many science students are here discussing Venom
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
your own don too much angry

Beorn:

You gave the most comical excuse I've read in a long while. So other symbiotes chose to kill themselves because Riot was not around? But Venom refused to kill itself like the other two? So, once you don't see your leader, you go rush kpai yourself?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

Here is the evidence substantiating my claim........The script was poorly written though, it's an undisputed fact.

I said it and someone quote me wrong saying it's compatibility issues..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
MJBOLT:
your own don too much angry

grin grin grin

I'm not in the DC-MC rivalry between you and BlackManta_. I was just stating my observations. But let me leave the arena for you guys to fight it out. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

Yet Brock's ex didn't die when Venom used her to go back to Brock who is its MAIN HOST?
And u forget when venom told brock he liked her already... That was b4 they went to her current boyfriend lab
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
there is no fight here,i'm just waiting for underwater wakanda to be released lets see if it is better than venom

Beorn:

grin grin grin

I'm not in the DC-MC rivalry between you and BlackManta_. I was just stating my observations. But let me leave the arena for you guys to fight it out. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
The Girl In The Spider's Web (2018). My expectations were kinda high but this one did nothing to sate them. Average at best. Dragon Tattoo was bettes. They better not fvck up the next one.

Abeg who has seen Bohemian Rhapsody?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emekus92:

And u forget when venom told brock he liked her already... That was b4 they went to her current boyfriend lab

Oh, suddenly it's by "likeness" and no longer compatibility? Make we move on from this argument. Let everyone enjoy the movie as he pleases.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
MJBOLT:
there is no fight here,i'm just waiting for underwater wakanda to be released lets see if it is better than venom

LOL @ underwater Wakanda. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

LOL. The emboldened which set the tone of your entire post is very wrong. Bro, all symbiotes behave alike or almost alike, and therefore generally have huge appetite and feed off its host when hungry .

You're very good bro I'll give it to you. At the bolded, so what you are trying to say is that, even till now Venom still feeds off Eddie??

Just like you stated earlier, if truly the symbiotes has huge appetite & feeds off its host it invariably means it can't control its appetite, then there ought not be anything as perfect match because eventually the host is gonna die. So i think the original question has been answered, There is nothing as perfect match/host, Riot & Venom being a case study.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

Oh, suddenly it's by "likeness" and no longer compatibility? Make we move on from this argument. Let everyone enjoy the movie as he pleases.
Oga He used her to transport himself to where Brock is
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emypro17: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
Boss baby 9/10
Animation, comedy

Best animation I have seen so far after kung fu panda
I also love the fact DAT it is abt love and sharing

Venom 8/10
I don't really get y nlanders are giving it bad ratings, as for me I enjoyed every scene,its nice see Stan Lee cameo appearance again

Up next:kidnapping Mr Heineken
Abeg is the movie worth the watch??

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
mekaprime:

You're very good bro I'll give it to you. At the bolded, so what you are trying to say is that, even till now Venom still feeds off Eddie??

Are you confused or what? Aren't you the poster that affirmed that Venom had a huge appetite below?

mekaprime:

Remember the scene were Eddie asked Venom what made it change its mind as he told Eddie of his plans to stop Riot, it was from there, Venom stopped hurting Eddie. You can actually see that at the end were Venom said he was hungry that it & Eddie should go grab something to eat because he doesn't want to eat Eddie's liver as it was looking delicious.

Dude, if Eddie refuses to feed Venom, Venom will feed off him or take control and feed. Having huge appetite doesn't automatically equate to still feeding off Brock.

Just like you stated earlier, if truly the symbiotes has huge appetite & feeds off its host it invariably means it can't control its appetite, then there ought not be anything as perfect match because eventually the host is gonna die. So i think the original question has been answered, There is nothing as perfect match/host, Riot & Venom being a case study.

There's a perfect match, not every human is compatible with every symbiote. Having a huge appetite doesn't mean death to every host. As long as the host is feeding well, the host won't from being fed off from. This is a simple scenario to understand.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
Echelon Conspiracy.....1/10
Genre:Action, Crime, Mystery

This movie is a rip-off of Eagle eye . The casting/acting was horrible, suspense no were to be found, plot was 100% cliché & lacked substance. It was really a painful waste of time & Mb.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
Mekaprime, even the doctor was not exactly sure what's wrong with Eddie. He even said so. So, how did you even arrive at the conclusion that it's killing Eddie from inside because of hunger when the doctor wasn't sure or blamed it on hunger.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emekus92:

Oga He used her to transport himself to where Brock is
And after leaving her she remained alive while every other host the symbiotes left that wasn't the perfect match died. Oga, the script writers of that movie were confused. Nothing you type can erase that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

And after leaving her she remained alive while every other host the symbiotes left that wasn't the perfect match died. Oga, the script writers of that movie were confused. Nothing you type can erase that.
No argument there...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
MJBOLT:

Aquaman and the 7 kingdoms of Atlantis...created in 1941.

Black Panther and the 5 tribes of Wakanda....created in 1966.

Underwater Wakanda undecided

U well so

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2018
BlackManta:

The emboldened is very false.

Venom's plot is loaded with some massive plot holes.

Maybe you don't have an eye for great movies or you watch movies just for fun, action scenes, explosion and heavy CGI.

I cant criticise your rating.
We all have something we look out for in a movie.
Different strokes for different folks.

But for me, Venom is the worst comic book movie of the year.

I stand with my 5/10 rating.

But if you believe the movie had a good plot maybe you can explain to me how a rocket set to launch after 5 minutes actually took more than 5 minutes before launching.

Me sef set my own timer dey me monitor that thing.

A rocket that supposed to launch after 5 minutes elapsed actually launched after 5 minutes 25 seconds.

Amateur mistake from who ever directed that movie.

this is exactly wat im talking about ....y d fvck would you even time it on ur own again... enjoying d fvcking movie nd stop looking for faults abeg!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

guy d only thing wey dey deir head na ow dem go chow,na only deir basal instinct to feed dey deir mind, nothing else matter...na jus like pessin wey dem knack magun (thunderbolt) (may pessin epp me explain to beorn if e no understand d pidgin abeg)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:

did they die BECAUSE d symbiotes left deir body,nd not because of another reason??...if it was BECAUSE of leaving their body then you are right,d girl should have also died nd dey made an error dere...but I'll have to rewatch it to find out shaa
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Beorn:
Mekaprime, even the doctor was not exactly sure what's wrong with Eddie. He even said so. So, how did you even arrive at the conclusion that it's killing Eddie from inside because of hunger when the doctor wasn't sure or blamed it on hunger.

I suggest you go rewatch that scene again. In that particular scene, doctor Dan runs some tests on Eddie and discovers that the parasite living in his body (Venom) is basically eating him alive and will eventually kill him. note, for this particular scene, I never said it was because of hunger, i simply said he was feeding off Eddie.

My reference to hunger was were Venom does say to Eddie at the end of the movie that he needs to eat "otherwise your liver is looking pretty tasty," which seems to imply that the Symbiotes only eat their hosts if they're not getting enough food from elsewhere, so as long as Eddie lets Venom eat enough bad guys, he should be ok......you said it yourself oga Beorn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2018
See them debating Venom for days as if the movie is the next best thing after Jolloif rice.

When I download and watch now, eyes will be scratching me like I downloaded the Odunlade Adekola remake.

Let me go and download so I can join the debate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
NicolasTfile:

if this is where your thinking carried you too, then VENOM is not for you...the movie was well done with a beautiful plot and a well written script...it was even a very straightforward plot sef...you guys that are seeing fault in it all the best, it wasn't meant for y'all...A GOOD 9/10 FOR ME.
Eleyi igidi gan!! Na so dem dey dash 9/10. Venom is a 6/10 at best. And this is coming from a staunch CBM fan. If you think that wack plot is beautiful, you probably started watching movies this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NicolasTfile: 1:28am On Dec 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
Eleyi igidi gan!! Na so dem dey dash 9/10. Venom is a 6/10 at best. And this is coming from a staunch CBM fan. If you think that wack plot is beautiful, you probably started watching movies this year.

Alright...Oga Stan Lee Jr!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
Eleyi igidi gan!! Na so dem dey dash 9/10. Venom is a 6/10 at best. And this is coming from a staunch CBM fan. If you think that wack plot is beautiful, you probably started watching movies this year .

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2018
So no one has seen creed 2?

Abeg na! I want to start argument on creed 2. Fvck venom grin grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:36am On Dec 04, 2018
NicolasTfile:

this is exactly wat im talking about ....y d fvck would you even time it on ur own again... enjoying d fvcking movie nd stop looking for faults abeg!!

Bro, me sef shock when I read that line. This is no longer critiquing of a film, but rather hating on the film. Expecting ANY movie to match exactly the time interval it stated in the film is extreme delusion.

The 24 TV series is run on the premise that everything happened in 24hrs, meaning that each episode should be equal to an hour. But each episode is 45 minutes with removal of commercials and ending credits. How does that equate to a plot hole or render the script obsolete when 24 is one of the best shows ever?

As child I watched so many biblical movies my dad bought. In one of them was a story about Jesus fasting for 40 days and 40 nights. So, BlackManta would be expecting the producers to make the fasting scene last for 40 days? No be torture be that? If the fasting scene last for 15 minutes, it's more than enough made up for the 40 days jare.

BlackManta, on this particular issue, you're being harsh on the producers, probably because of the DC-MC rivalry.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2018
alexistaiwo:
See them debating Venom for days as if the movie is the next best thing after Jolloif rice.

When I download and watch now, eyes will be scratching me like I downloaded the Odunlade Adekola remake.

Let me go and download so I can join the debate.

If you have this mentality after all these while, you need to stop watching movies entirely. Watch movie if you want, don't expect every movie with high rating or debated for long on here, to be interesting to you. People's choices varies including yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.