Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757655 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 7:44am On Dec 21, 2018
dynamic1:

U have got mail.
replied
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2018
Bumblebee

Arguably the BEST Transformers film by a mile. Fun, upbeat, and more than a just a gigantic robot p*rn. 2nd best movie of the year after Infinity War.

8.2/10.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:
I saw Hellboy trailer.

I was expecting a serious and darker take on the character but what I got was some crappy unnecessary MCU-like humour sad
The movie was supposed to be R rated but I didn't see any blood in the trailer.

They should have done a Hellboy 3 instead of a reboot undecided

This movie will be a critical flop like Venom.

You heard it from me first, watch this space.

I can't believe they ditched Guillermo Del Toro and Ron Perlman's Hellboy 3 for some shitty reboot embarassed
Seems more studios are going for style over substance. It's really sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Bumblebee

Arguably the BEST Transformers film by a mile. Fun, upbeat, and more than a just a gigantic robot p*rn. 2nd best movie of the year after Infinity War.

8.2/10.

Saying 'BEST' Transformers film makes it look like there have been good Transformers films but Bumblebee was the best.

Actually Transformers films are all rubbish and over hyped CGI fest except Bumblebee.

I don't like calling Bumblebee a Transformers film due to how useless that franchise is.

Bumblebee was amazing.
The only good apple in a pile of rotten ones.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2018
Dotng:

Low self-esteem comment. You don't even know the politics behind Oscar nominations and the eventual awards and you are dragging racism that is already there into it. Are you still living in the Matrix?

Well said
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:

Saying 'BEST' Transformers film makes it look like there have been good Transformers films but Bumblebee was the best.

Actually Transformers films are all rubbish and over hyped CGI fest except Bumblebee.

I don't like calling Bumblebee a Transformers film due to how useless that franchise is.

Bumblebee was amazing.

An argument can be made about the first two - they were really good. Then, Michael Bay happened.

Bumblebee has rekindled an ailing franchise, and has breathed new life into it. I hope it stays this way.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2018
iykekelvins:
I just saw A wrinkle in time and I don't even know what to say about that movie. It was just too confusing, less entertaining. The sci-fi was too outstretched, I didn't enjoy it.

Every single review destroyed this movie that's why I didn't bother. Surprised you got to watch it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2018
Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse.

Well, that was different... and completely enthralling. Complicated premise, but so well written, that it would have sucked if it were otherwise. Top notch execution from start to finish. Genuinely funny lines throughout.  I loved the animation style and the visuals. Also, top OSTs.

Gotta say, it's a great time to be a Spider-Man fan. I mean, look at 2018. So far, we've gotten:

- Spider-Man in Avengers: Infinity War
- Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4 Game)
- Venom
- Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse.

In the past 17 months, we've had two Spider-Man films and a video game released (Four, if you count movies in which he's not the main character or present), and one of these films featured eight versions of the character - yup, eight! Tbh,I  really don't have a single complaint about this latest addition. It was pure fun, from start to finish.

8.1/10. My 3rd best movie of the year.

My new top 5:

1. Avengers: Infinity War (8.5)
2. Bumblebee (8.2)
3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (8.1)
4. Game Night (8.0)
5. Upgrade (8.0)

My new top 10

6. MI: Fallout (8/10)
7. Searching (7.7)
8. Hereditary (7.5)
9. Incredible 2 (7.5)
10. Aquaman (7.0)

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2018
oyetpel:

Marshall

The one with black panther?

That was a cool movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:25am On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:

Bumblebee was amazing.
KoiceReloaded:
Bumblebee

8.2/10.
The first 3 movies in the franchise were a little bit ok plot wise, for the last 2, Horrible is too good a word to qualify them...On koice's rating, I can't wait to see Bumblebee. Hope Mark Wahlberg was no were near the movie scene, talk more of being a cast.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse.

Well, that was different... and completely enthralling. Complicated premise, but so well written, that you it would have sucked if it were otherwise. Top notch execution from start to finish. Genuinely funny lines throughout.  I loved the animation style and the visuals. Also, top OSTs.

Gotta say, it's a great time to be a Spider-Man fan. I mean, look at 2018. So far, we've gotten:

- Spider-Man in Avengers: Infinity War
- Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4 Game)
- Venom
- Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse.

In the past 17 months, we've had two Spider-Man films and a video game released (Four, if you count movies in which he's not the main character or present), and one of these films featured eight versions of the character - yup, eight! Tbh,I  really don't have a single complaint about this latest addition. It was pure fun, from start to finish.

8.1/10. My 3rd best movie of the year.

My new top 5:

1. Avengers: Infinity War (8.5)
2. Bumblebee (8.2)
3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (8.1)
4. Game Night (8.0)
5. Upgrade (8.0)

My new top 10

6. MI: Fallout (8/10)
7. Searching (7.7)
8. Hereditary (7.5)
9. Incredible 2 (7.5)
10. Aquaman (7.0)

Koice are these movies downloaded or cinema. Cos I know you won't watch a cam RIP.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2018
mekaprime:

The first 3 movies in the franchise were a little bit ok plot wise, for the last 2, Horrible is too good a word to qualify them...On koice's rating, I can't wait to see Bumblebee. Hope Mark Wahlberg was no were near the movie scene, talk more of being a cast.

Lolz. He's not coming back, that's for sure. Him and Michael Bay single-handedly wrecked a movie franchise all by their lonesome.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2018
armadeo:

Koice are these movies downloaded or cinema. Cos I know you won't watch a cam RIP.

Movie theater (cinema). Lucky enough to get my hands on a DVDSCR copy of Aquaman though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Movie theater (cinema). Lucky enough to get my hands on a DVDSCR copy of Aquaman though.

Drop link like it's hot.

Amma hit the cinemas tomorrow. Need to relax this season.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Lolz. He's not coming back ,that's for sure. Him and Michael Bay single-handedly wrecked a movie franchise all by their lonesome.

Glad to hear that. Pls help me with the link to Aquamans' DVDSCR copy, if its more than 300mb please don't bother, I'll rather wait for the BLUray.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2018
armadeo:

Drop link like it's hot.

Amma hit the cinemas tomorrow. Need to relax this season.

No thanks! The last time I tried, the damn bot put me in the slammer. The link has been removed anyhow, so the best thing I can do for you right now is to direct you to the page where you copy the link and download it via torrent.

Someone dropped a torrent link a few days ago, here's the page...

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/962#73915970
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 21, 2018
mekaprime:

Glad to hear that. Pls help me with the link to Aquamans' DVDSCR copy, if its more than 300mb please don't bother, I'll rather wait for the BLUray.
The link has been removed by the site's admin.

This link here is still viable, but kinda gigantic. Over 1gig.

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/962#73915970
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2018
A Simple Favor
Ha. Ha. Ha. Gave off some Gone Girl vibe. Still, probably the second best comedy film after Game Night with more twists. I need a friend like Anna Kendrick and Henry Goulding should be the next Bond.
PS: I thought the trumped up thriisome was finally going to happen when they all came together

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2018
armadeo:

The one with black panther?
That was a cool movie
Yes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by paymentvoucher: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2018
Papillion 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Bumblebee

8.2/10.
I am a fan of your ecclectic taste in tv shows and movies but I find some of your choices in both movies and shows suspect.Personally,i believe Avengers:Infinity War was an over-stuffed mess of a movie but many ignored its flaws because of the movies' nonstop fan service

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2018
Dotng:

Low self-esteem comment. You don't even know the politics behind Oscar nominations and the eventual awards and you are dragging racism that is already there into it. Are you still living in the Matrix?
Let the guy be.He is an advocate of the "woke" trend.There will be nothing wrong in Black Panther getting Oscar nominations in the costume and musical score categories
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2018
Miggs:
Let the guy be.He is an advocate of the "woke" trend.There will be nothing wrong in Black Panther getting Oscar nominations in the costume and musical score categories

It got a nomination for Golden globe best drama.
The movie is not much of a drama and there are much better dramas this year that got overlooked just so that golden globe could pander to the blacks and give them a sense of equality in these awards even though the movie is highly undeserving.

I get it that all these big movie awards are overstuffed with racism over the years and blacks were being overlooked.
But that doesn't mean a movie should get undeserved nomination because of race.

A movie should be nominated and praised because it truly deserves it not because of race or pandering.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:

It got a nomination for Golden globe best drama.
The movie is not much of a drama and there are much better dramas this year that got overlooked just so that golden globe could pander to the blacks and give them a sense of equality in these awards even though the movie is highly undeserving.
How best can one describe Black Panther if not as a Political,Action,Drama ?The film deserves all its Golden Globe nominations.If you don't like it,you are free to hug a transformer with wet clothes on

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
troubleseller:
A Simple Favor
Ha. Ha. Ha. Gave off some Gone Girl vibe. Still, probably the second best comedy film after Game Night with more twists. I need a friend like Anna Kendrick and Henry Goulding should be the next Bond.
PS: I thought the trumped up thriisome was finally going to happen when they all came together
Ma nigga!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
If you talk trash about the infinity war again.

I will find you and seize your phone.

Don't even go there.
Miggs:
I am a fan of your ecclectic taste in tv shows and movies but I find some of your choices in both movies and shows suspect.Personally,i believe Avengers:Infinity War was an over-stuffed mess of a movie but many ignored its flaws because of the movies' nonstop fan service
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
alexistaiwo:
If you talk trash about the infinity war again.

I will find you and seize your phone.

Don't even go there.
Look who is talking?A person who recommended that Netflix garbage Bird Box for folks to watch and rated it a 9/10?
Negro pleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeee

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
Miggs:

How best can one describe Black Panther if not as a Political,Action,Drama ?The film deserves all its Golden Globe nominations.If you don't like it,you are free to hug a transformer with wet clothes on

There are better dramas this year that got overlooked so that golden globe could pander to the blacks and cover up the racism in these awards using black Panther.

Like it or not this is another kind of racism.

We have had White Privilege in these awards.
So what are we getting now... Black Privilege.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:

There are better dramas this year that got overlooked so that golden globe could pander to the blacks and cover up the racism in these awards using black Panther.

Like it or not this is another kind of racism.

We have had White Privilege in these awards.
So what are we getting now... Black Privilege.
Better dramas deserve Black Panthers' nominations like what films? If Beale Street could Talk ? Sorry too much blacks in that film too that'll upset your sensibilities.
You always come across as fake because you try too hard to sound intelligent.Your views are not yours but regurgitated opinions of others you read elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2018
Miggs:

Better dramas deserve Black Panthers' nominations like what films? If Beale Street could Talk ? Sorry too much blacks in that film too that'll upset your sensibilities.
You always come across as fake because you try too hard to sound intelligent.Your views are not yours but regurgitated opinions of others you read elsewhere.
damn... what did he do to you again?
Miggs:

Miggs:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
Miggs:

Mind you.. A great movie like Logan did not get a golden globe nomination during it's time.

These awards are sometimes used as tools for political correctness and SJW's.

A movie like Moonlight got undue got undue recognition just to pander to the LGBT populace in America.

So why should I celebrate BP's nomination
Is it because I'm black... Nah!

Most people agree that the movie is overrated.
It's not even one of the best 10 movies of the year to start with.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Shittaakeem(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2018
Miggs:
Yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.