Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Are There Still Good Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Still Good Men? (1995 Views)

Among These Good Men Who Should She Marry? / Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? / Are African Men Good men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 10, 2013
I have notice some men are wicked,calous and arrogant that they usually expect something in return when they help a lady which is very bad and anonying. Why offer to help when you know deep within you there is an hidden agenda as to why you are helping out. Why can't a guy just help a lady without having to think about what he will get from her or remainding her of the help he offered to her so she can have a soft spot for him. Are there still good men out there that will help geniuely without expecting anything in return?
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: I have notice some(not all) men are wicked,calous and arrogant that they usually expect something in return when they help a lady which is very bad and anonying. Why offer to help when you know deep within you there is an hidden agenda as to why you are helping out. Why can't a guy just help a lady without having to think about what he will get from her or remainding her of the help he offered to her so she can have a soft spot for him. Are there still good men out there that will help geniuely without expecting anything in return?
You already helped yourself with the answer. Cheers!
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 10, 2013
idnoble135:
You already helped yourself with the answer. Cheers!
there are no good ones either
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by 25omega(m): 12:50am On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: I have notice some men are wicked,calous and arrogant that they usually expect something in return when they help a lady which is very bad and anonying. Why offer to help when you know deep within you there is an hidden agenda as to why you are helping out. Why can't a guy just help a lady without having to think about what he will get from her or remainding her of the help he offered to her so she can have a soft spot for him. Are there still good men out there that will help geniuely without expecting anything in return?
why are you playing the damsel in distress role here. The world is different now and you do not get anything for nothing. If you really dont want people to treat you like you owe them then you should keep your problems to yourself and stop expecting things for free

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by mickyfish(m): 1:12am On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: I have notice some men are wicked,calous and arrogant that they usually expect something in return when they help a lady which is very bad and anonying. Why offer to help when you know deep within you there is an hidden agenda as to why you are helping out. Why can't a guy just help a lady without having to think about what he will get from her or remainding her of the help he offered to her so she can have a soft spot for him. Are there still good men out there that will help geniuely without expecting anything in return?
I understand hw u feel, its so disgusting n painful wen I see some men behave like dis but women should try 2 comport demsefs n behave well, dey should seek 4 help properlly. Of a truth I went 2 a bar 2 drink n bought a bottle of wine 4 d bargirl which didn't consume yet she collected d money 4rm me, d next day she was asking me 2 give her money 4 her 2 v launch wit, wat do u espect me 2 think of her? D entire blame is nt 4 d men alone.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by scribble: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2013
if ur a fine girl and u need financial assistance, send me a PM, we can discuss further.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 10, 2013
Yes! There a bad women. Even bad women out numbered the good ones, and you are probably one of the bad women. I even respect the men who help women with the hope of getting something in return. For me, I do not help women at all. I need nothing from them. And sometimes when they go beyond their boundaries, I kick their asses.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:56am On Dec 10, 2013
There are still good men out there. but the ladies of this age are too blinded by either money or something to see them...and all we do is sit back and watch how they are being used and thrown away like the piece of thrash they've made themselves become by men who dont give a flying f*ck 'bout them.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by LogansShadow: 2:58am On Dec 10, 2013
Op Why do you accept help from men when you know they have hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by castielo(m): 5:19am On Dec 10, 2013
25omega: why are you playing the damsel in distress role here. The world is different now and you do not get anything for nothing. If you really dont want people to treat you like you owe them then you should keep your problems to yourself and stop expecting things for free

Yep.. datz very correct!
There's diz sayin.. "give the devil a yard and he'll go a mile". you try to help a girl wit object A, before u know you are helping her with object B.. something she'll probably neva do for you!

But then, giving out of love has its own rewards
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2013
Logan's shadow:
Op Why do you accept help from men when you know they have hidden agenda.
how will you know that someone that voluntarily offered to help has hidden agenda. Men are wicked!
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 10, 2013
@arcbabe, not all men are bad. There are still some good ones around.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by jmoore(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Is your father a good man? That's the first question you need to answer.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: there are no good ones either
All men can not be bed nor good either. The temptation would be to try to put all men in your scales and find them wanting, simply because you have an unpleasurable experience with a few?
And then to add as an advice, you really must decipher the intents of men who offer to help. Women have this special instincts to know when a man has an ulterior motive towards them, a lot of ladies just seem to ignore this internal red lights.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Ab025(m): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2013
Women are always complainin abt men always wanting something in return after helpin them, what abt women, are they not worse at it? Just ask ursef, howmany times does a woman help a man without gettin somethin in return...? Infact truth be told, women hardly help men in naija, they are stingy and tink they are wise.

@op, notin goes for free jare...as fa as na woman matter.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by crackhaus: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2013
There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances.
There are no principles, but only events.
As hard as it may seem to digest, it's the truth.

You OP can't possibly and genuinely say that all the times you did someone a favour, you did it without expecting something in return...that would be a lie.
You say men are this and that because they want something back from you, well I've got news for you...men also act that way towards fellow men even more so than to women, there's no need for you to be playing victim and taking it personal as a woman.

It's all circumstancial, there are times we do things for people selflessly and there are times we also do things because we secretly want to be appreciated and owed a favour. Nobody, I repeat Nobody is exempted from this and if anyone (male or female) claims they are good all the time, it is a false claim of epic proportions.
The circumstances and events are what guides our decisions.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by passionate88: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Y d gal no fit help herself out?, she no fit stay within her means?, must she accept help frm any male that wants to help her?. She no get papa?. What abt boys wey need help, dm dey hustle legally for it why can't girls do same?. You use what u have to get what u want, or u keep what u have and struggle for what u want. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by passionate88: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: how will you know that someone that voluntarily offered to help has hidden agenda. Men are wicked!
Your papa na wicked man, ur brother(s) wicked too, ur pastor wicked also, ur bf(if any) also wicked, ur unborn sons go wicked too. So because man dn give u smtin then request smtin in return u come think say na all d men. What abt girls wey go tell guys to get money b4 them chase girls, no b d ground rule dm dey set?, say girls re only into a guy for d money 1st b4 any other thing

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by anselm791(m): 8:52am On Dec 10, 2013
OP I'm sorry but asking this question shows you're not a very good person cause we are what we attract. There are good men, a lot of them, you just don't see them, you remember the one who's had this long crush on you and is shy to talk to you? He's a good man. Then the one who calls you most time just to know how you're doing? He's another good man, but somehow, its the guy in his range sport with 16 packs that you're attracted to, that one loves himself too much and thinks only about what's for him, he's a very bad man. Just visit your friend's zone, there're plenty good men there.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by timwezzb(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2013
I have notice some Women are wicked,calous and arrogant that they usually expect something in return when they help a guy which is very bad and anonying. Why offer to help when you know deep within you there is an hidden agenda as to why you are helping out. Why can't a lady just help a guy without having to think about what she will get from him or remainding him of the help she offered to him so he can have a soft spot for her. Are there still good Women out there that will help geniuely without expecting anything in return

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by wazobiaforu(m): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2013
Am proud to be one if she is not beautiful.

Don't bite me cus am only been sincere
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by UyiIredia(m): 9:50am On Dec 10, 2013
I'm good smiley To some extent embarassed

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Good Men? by akinloluwao: 9:54am On Dec 10, 2013
Because God created men in His own image, even if God does anything for you, he expects you to appreciate Him, so what are we saying? lion begets lion... men are not bastards, we resemble our father. QED.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by tolextony(m): 9:59am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Am proud to be one if she is not beautiful
what if she is beautiful?
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 10, 2013
tolextony: .
you don't know what to write again?
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Sure they are quite good guys out there...

Why would a girl want to ask a guy for financial assistance? I mean? Does he look like your daddy? grin

Don't you have a boyfriend you can run too? or friends? families?

Would a girl help a guy financially too if the case was reversed?

Don't expect some guy/man to help you financially, no guy will want to do that

This is reality and the bitter truth only very 0.00000000001% guys will do

Ciao!
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
De Tus: @arcbabe, not all men are bad. There are still some good ones around.
hmmm are you sure?
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
faakay: Sure they are quite good guys out there...

Why would a girl want to ask a guy for financial assistance? I mean? Does he look like your daddy? grin

Don't you have a boyfriend you can run too? or friends? families?

Would a girl help a guy financially too if the case was reversed?

Don't expect some guy/man to help you financially, no guy will want to do that

This is reality and the bitter truth only very 0.00000000001% guys will do

Ciao!
look at you undecided you like money too much,did you see me mention that it is financial assistance? Stingy man
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: look at you undecided you like money too much,did you see me mention that it is financial assistance? Stingy man

loool so what kind of help are you looking for ? wink are you sick that you want em to treat you? or u want em to carry you? or you want em to do something for u as in? I'm not getting it.

na you like money pass! grin
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
faakay:

loool so what kind of help are you looking for ? wink are you sick that you want em to treat you? or u want em to carry you? or you want em to do something for u as in? I'm not getting it.

na you like money pass! grin
and so can't men help women geniuely without looking for a hole to dig? There so many assistance a man can render that doesn't have to do with money only.
Re: Are There Still Good Men? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
arcbabe: and so can't men help women geniuely without looking for a hole to dig? There so many assistance a man can render that doesn't have to do with money only.

Sure men can render assistance without looking for a hole to dig, so it depends on the kind of assistance.

What kind of assistance are you talking about here? can you specify briefly?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Can You Date A Feminist? / 56 Facts About Women / Is It A Must For Guys To Pay T-fare If A Lady Comes Visiting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.