Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,595 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting (21815 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / ASUU Strike: Fg Crucial Meeting With ASUU Today Ended With Smiles On... / Latest On ASUU Strike: FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike – Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by ennon92(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bank Manager:
Are you calling the President a coward..?Is your father one??Mannerless kid.!
mr man, d guy opinion counts,okay!..is mr president not a coward? Smh!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sparkleRed(f): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
If dem lyk make d meeting no get head, me am already seeing uniben 2mao (˘̯˘ ) is ASUU and fg bizness altho small of mine i must admit (˘̯˘ )
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Ditoya(m): 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
sparkle Red: If dem lyk make d meeting no get head, me am already seeing uniben 2mao (˘̯˘ ) is ASUU and fg bizness altho small of mine i must admit (˘̯˘ )
Haha.. buh i hope u dont stay off kay? and i also hope girls hostel is open..cos i hrd hall 4 is locked.Anyways..say hi to Vc for me o..Tell him i will cum once lecture starts
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by texaco1: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Toktee: ka tswar wough.......what do you mean by "soft pedal"let me tell you dummy,ur paymaster has eating his words,he cannot do anythng and you know it infact na u no well.
please where in the whole write up was it indicated that the federal goverment is backing down ?just asking
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Smartjones: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
So, make i con dey jump abi? sad
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Ricenbeans: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: he wil not pay them their salaries.,they are now turning to beggers.,now let's see who suffers.,besides,look at who is calling me dummy.,guy abeg clear road for me.,u dey 'lele'
you speak as though you don't have some sense @ all
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sleeky007(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: he wil not pay them their salaries.,they are now turning to beggers.,now let's see who suffers.,besides,look at who is calling me dummy.,guy abeg clear road for me.,u dey 'lele'

I can't believe there are still dumb a*sses here. FYI, FG has lost this battle. And I guess you're one of those waiting to take up their jobs after you and your cohorts sack them abi, sorry to disappoint you boy, you just missed. Check elsewhere, space booked.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Meetings, meetings, meetings, and more meetings and yet nothing +ve has come out of it. Mtcheeeew!

Btw, nigerian govt is a very clueless and ridiculous govt. Imagine, fg giving an ultimatum and @d expiration of it, they lack balls to stick to thier words. The same way they culdnt implement d agreement, the same way they culdnt sack d lecturers @d end of d ultimatum. Isn't that funny and shameful? I thought they said they would sack them if they refuse to adhere to the warning? That Nyesom of a bloke is even more shameless and clueless than fg/gej demself. Where is he today to sack the lecturers now that it is over riped? Smh! Moral of the lesson: Dont say what u wont be able to do.

ASUU says: STRIKE CONTINUES! grin

Abeg wetin be dat NT and FS ontop NL wey seun put am so?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by creativemusic: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
FG - especially our president should follow the path of peace with ASUU. FG - especially our president should emulate the good life of NELSON MENDELA, so that he too can be popular and love by his people in Nigeria, not only his party alone. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by BigBen10: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jonathan again!!! Why bypassing ASUU and going through the VCs. You still believe this strike is politically motivated! You nor sharp at all. Catch 2015. You are a gonner.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sparkleRed(f): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ditoya: Haha.. buh i hope u dont stay off kay? and i also hope girls hostel is open..cos i hrd hall 4 is locked.Anyways..say hi to Vc for me o..Tell him i will cum once lecture starts
Hall 2 is open..lol i will
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sparkleRed(f): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ditoya: Haha.. buh i hope u dont stay off kay? and i also hope girls hostel is open..cos i hrd hall 4 is locked.Anyways..say hi to Vc for me o..Tell him i will cum once lecture starts
Hall 2 is open..lol i will

Once he comes 4rm d meeting
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Sodiq3(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
AND what is so crucial about an already FRUITLESS meeting?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by chi4ik(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: guy u dull.,when he issue d ultimatum,u open ur big mouth,condeming the action,now he decides to soft pedal and let the people's wish prevail as a democratic and loving president,u are talking rubbish! What do u really want frm him? Ok tell us what u want him to do as per ASUU strike? Guy u no well at all
God bless U bro, I don't know y some people hate GEJ so much like? Anyway he is our president $ there is noting anyone can do about it. Tanx 4 always saying d truth.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by slap1(m): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Crucial wetin? After how many months? Abeg make I hear!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Mulahmanbmr(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Abeg na when dem go release the ASUU-FG faceoff them just put person for suspense ni sha undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by ennon92(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
slap1: Crucial wetin? After how many months? Abeg make I hear!
u no hear b4?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Jessicavizzy(f): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
sparkle Red: If dem lyk make d meeting no get head, me am already seeing uniben 2mao (˘̯˘ ) is ASUU and fg bizness altho small of mine i must admit (˘̯˘ )
...Abeg wen r u going back to skul
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by agabaI23(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
The meeting was announced over the weekend. I think it was on Friday or Saturday night!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Sodiq33(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
CBN CONFIRMS FG’S CLAIM ON 200 BILLION
NAIRA UNIVERSITIES INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS
AS PRESIDENCY AGAIN CALLS ON ASUU TO
END STRIKE
The Central Bank of Nigeria has confirmed that
a sum of two hundred billion Naira agreed with
the Academic Staff Union of Universities at a
meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan on
the 5th of November, 2013 has been fully paid
into a Revitalization of Universities
Infrastructure Account.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on
Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe made the CBN
letter available to newsmen today in Abuja.
In the letter signed by the Deputy Governor of
the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr Tunde Lemo and
addressed to the Accountant General of the
Federation, the apex bank confirmed that the
total sum of two hundred billion Naira is the
balance in the account as required.
The Letter titled CONFIRMATION OF THE
EXCECUTION OF YOUR MANDATE FOR THE
CREDIT OF ACCOUNT ON REVITALISATION OF
UNIVERSITIES INFRASTRUCTURE ACCOUNT
indicate that the sum was paid in three
tranches of 129,300,000,000,00k;
20,700,000,000,00k and 50,000,000,000,00k
into the account as directed.
While reiterating that the President is fully
committed to the implementation of agreements
reached with ASUU, Okupe said a Needs
Assessment Implementation Committee which
has representatives of ASUU on board will be
inaugurated tomorrow in order to fast track the
utilization of the released funds and tackle
infrastructural deficiency in the University
system.
According to the Presidential aide, Government
has received a number of representations from
eminent Nigerians and stakeholders on the need
to temper justice with mercy regarding the
ultimatum issued to the striking lecturers to
resume work or face stiff sanctions.
In the words of Okupe “ Government appreciates
the fact that a number of Universities have
either resumed academic activities or
announced resumption dates in line with the
directives earlier issued by the Committee of
Pro Chancellors.
We appreciate the fact that many chapters of
ASUU have resumed work and many more will
follow suit shortly. Government is only desirous
of normalcy in the educational sector in view of
the importance of this sector to the society.
Now that evidence has been provided as to the
availability of the sum of two hundred billion
Naira for immediate disbursement to
Universities, we expect that ASUU will call off
this strike so that normalcy will fully return to
our campuses. This is the only honorable path
for our distinguished academics in the present
instance.”
He added that Government does not intend to
victimize anyone who participates in a
legitimate strike action in view of the fact that
Nigeria is a signatory to the International
Labour Organisation convention which
guarantees workers’ rights to strikes convened
in line with due processes.
Dr Doyin Okupe
Senior Special Assistant to the President on
Public Affairs
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by dking123: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
Kaydem: Just saw the news bulletin...i wonder what the presidency and the concerned ministries had been doing all this while...its high time i subscribe to the popular saying that ''this current administration is CLUELESS'', put a round peg in a round hole daz all!....lets hope this sow a good seed
These apc paid e warriors r always quick 2 attack Gej on every thread, is that how 2 win elections?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
chi4ik: God bless U bro, I don't know y some people hate GEJ so much like? Anyway he is our president $ there is noting anyone can do about it. Tanx 4 always saying d truth.
thanks and God bless u sir. We need people like u to come and help us frm d grip of these anti gej guys
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Welrez(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
There is no need to insult each other.What is needed is for us to collectively find a solution to this impasse.A third party should help to bring FG and ASUU to a round table and jaw jaw away this problem.I see people hearts ruling their heads on this issue.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by ollyndjeda(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
That fagge guy or gay guy sef. When fg threaten ASUU he was d one going on kaakaki and channels to explain himself Now that the N200bn has entered the account d guy just miss like mess. God dey sha. Na we students dey suffer everything
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
sleeky007:

I can't believe there are still dumb a*sses here. FYI, FG has lost this battle. And I guess you're one of those waiting to take up their jobs after you and your cohorts sack them abi, sorry to disappoint you boy, you just missed. Check elsewhere, space booked.
from ur user name,i can simply decipher u are an ignoramus.,u are juveniling deliquent.,gej is fighting no war.,how wil u say a leader war wit his followers? Gej is a father to ASUU.,and a father take care of his children even thou they are stubborn.,dat's one quality of a true father. That's what gej is trying to do to ASUU. Guy pls go to sch
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by 500GP: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bank Manager:
Are you calling the President a coward..?Is your father one??Mannerless kid.!

THIS IS ANOTHER COMMON PHRASE USE IN DEFENSE OF GEJ ON SOCIAL NETWORK

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by boniflex(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: i wil not go and die.,i refuse to die..come and kill me urself..u igbo(weed) smoker
must u mention his tribe, after making ur point?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by fruityjojo(f): 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Kaydem: Just saw the news bulletin...i wonder what the presidency and the concerned ministries had been doing all this while...its high time i subscribe to the popular saying that ''this current administration is CLUELESS'', put a round peg in a round hole daz all!....lets hope this sow a good seed
Gisting about Mandela & grafting budgets for their trips to South Africa. Pls let's bear with them. Just hope Jesus doesn't come b4 den!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by jfkenny(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
toktee eaten or eating
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ricenbeans: you speak as though you don't have some sense @ all
guy.,abeg clear road.,i can percieve ur smelling body here on nairaland
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
boniflex: must u mention his tribe, after making ur point?
i mean to say he is a weed smoker.i don't mean his tribe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Eksu (unad & Usti) Cutoff Mark And Admission News! / Gunmen Kidnap Comfort Adokwe, Nasarawa State University Lecturer In Keffi / Lagos Completes Elemoro Junior Secondary School Facility (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.