Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Questions And Answers For Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions And Answers For Atheist (3949 Views)

The Cockville Miracle (A True Proof Of God's Existence) For Atheist... / Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yes i believe
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Yes i believe

Good.

Question 1
How do we reconcile your belief with the actions of a God who ordered the death of the wife of Achan and his children for a sin only Achan committed?

PS: This is like killing you and your mother for an offence your father committed.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
At that time there was no mediator between men and God...
Everone say where there is no law there is no sin..
And to every sin there is a punishment God had made several rules ...
On the case of Achan, the lord had told them not to take anything...

The rule then was you sin your children and you go for it
but later in the book of Ezekiel he said every man to himself
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yet God still does that in this present world...
Anybody that has join himself unto God's army and now start meddling with things of this world will receive his punishment...though it might take time because God can be perseverin
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: At that time there was no mediator between men and God...

Question 2

Do you really feel there is justice in a rule that stipulates killing an innocent child for the crimes of his father when he had no power to prevent the activity of his father?

Moreso, if the rule was that just and fair, why was it abolished in the book of Ezekiel? Doesn't that ring a bell?
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
rationalmind:

Question 2

Do you really feel there is justice in a rule that stipulates killing an innocent child for the crimes of his father when he had no power to prevent the activity of his father?

Moreso, if the rule was that just and fair, why was it abolished in the book of Ezekiel? Doesn't that ring a bell?

He is God,he does as e pleases...
If you ever read the bible, you will notice that Later some fathers were good while their sons were bad...
So he had to start allowing individuals to be punished for their sin***Note i am not God's advocate...

He made Isreal note that He love righteousness and can destroy them if they refuse to obey him...If you remember the flood,children were there....
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen:

He is God,he does as e pleases...
If you ever read the bible, you will notice that Later some fathers were good while their sons were bad...
So he had to start allowing individuals to be punished for their sin
***Note i am not God's advocate...

He made Isreal note that He love righteousness and can destroy them if they refuse to obey him...If you remember the flood,children were there....

Question 3.

I'm confused. Honestly confused. Maybe you help clear my confusion.

When children were good and their fathers were bad, he stipulated a rule that allowed children to be killed for the offences of their fathers.

When fathers were now good and children bad, he abolished the rule for killing one for the offence of another.

How does this remotely qualify as justice?

PS: you said ure not an advocate of God. If you believe God is just, you should be able to explain why you feel he's just when the bible seem to portray him as unjust.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yes i wanted to tell you I am answering on why he is Just ....i blv he is Just...

As for the father case#
I was going to say some sons were good and some fathers bad
and also we have good father and bad sons

But you should note..
That there were other people who had done wrong things..and were punished..

But According to God's rule then Whenever a man sin the sin's punishment wl count till seven generation....but he,in his loving kindness decided to remove..none would question him
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Yes i wanted to tell you I am answering on why he is Just ....i blv he is Just...

As for the father case#
I was going to say some sons were good and some fathers bad
and also we have good father and bad sons

But you should note..
That there were other people who had done wrong things..and were punished..

But According to God's rule then Whenever a man sin the sin's punishment wl count till seven generation....but he,in his loving kindness decided to remove..none would question him

We both have explained our positions already. There's no need to start going in circles. The judgment rests with the readers.

On to my next question.

Sub question 4.

Do you hold that God knows all things?
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yes
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Yes

How do you reconcile your belief God knows all things with him asking

1.Adam where he was when he got to the garden of eden?

2. Asking him if he has eaten from the fruit he commanded them not to eat

3. And asking even eve what she did.

If he knew all these things why was he asking? What's the sense in asking what one already knows?
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
rationalmind:

How do you reconcile your belief God knows all things with him asking

1.Adam where he was when he got to the garden of eden?

2. Asking him if he has eaten from the fruit he commanded them not to eat

3. And asking even eve what she did.

If he knew all these things why was he asking? What's the sense in asking what one already knows?

Well,Before any man can receive salvation he must confess...God love people confessing their sin...
E love people takin responsility of their actions

He knew what had happened but he wanted Adam to confess...
Who knows if Adam had said I ate of the Apple and I am sorry...we might not be dealin with tis topic but he refused to take responsibility
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen:

Well,Before any man can receive salvation he must confess...God love people confessing their sin...
E love people takin responsility of their actions

He knew what had happened but he wanted Adam to confess...
Who knows if Adam had said I ate of the Apple and I am sorry...we might not be dealin with tis topic but he refused to take responsibility

You didn't address the question. However, since I have one more question left, I have to leave this and move to my punchline question.

Sub question 5.

Do you believe the pains ladies go through while giving birth is a result of the curse God placed on eve saying "in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children"?
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yes
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Yes

Good.

But how come the same curse he placed on men no longer holds for majority of men. He said "in sorrow shalt thou eat all the days of your life"

I personally don't know any man who eats in sorrow all the days of his life. I'm even an example. I don't know about you though.

Seems like labour pains actually has nothing to do with Gods curse. Don't you think so? Or perhaps, men have found a way to outsmart God.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
*Smiles*
You sees in the garden there were fruit that are there free of Charge for everyone to take but at the advent of the fall,man was forced to work for themselve...
Rich men even work...if not why would they have to thnk

Let it be noted that the same God who placed this curse later made provision for the men's comfort Genesis 2-3 tells us of how he clothed them later..and that is why he sought a way to reconcile us back to him

TABLE TURN
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: *Smiles*
You sees in the garden there were fruit that are there free of Charge for everyone to take but at the advent of the fall,man was forced to work for themselve...
Rich men even work...if not why would they have to thnk

Let it be noted that the same God who placed this curse later made provision for the men's comfort Genesis 2-3 tells us of how he clothed them later..and that is why he sought a way to reconcile us back to him

TABLE TURN

grin grin grin grin. This your answer no be here o. I suspected you'll not be able to answer it. grin

Anyway, over to you. Your questions.

It must be a relief to you I've stopped asking grin
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
naoh's ark was found by scientists in a cave...I watched the documentary....
What do you have to say about that
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
rationalmind:

grin grin grin grin. This your answer no be here o. I suspected you'll not be able to answer it. grin

Anyway, over to you. Your questions.

It must be a relief to you I've stopped asking grin

Hmmmm....I answered your question...
Only that you wanted me to proof why we are living happily now.. And say men are living under curse to instigate debates ...No ...I'm not after a debate ...I am after souls,s ir so let's continue.
But i will
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: naoh's ark was found by scientists in a cave...I watched the documentary....
What do you have to say about that

1. It might be forgery. The shroud of turin was also found recently only to be debunked later as forgery.

2. And just how do you expect me to believe that an ark built around 6,000 years ago was still found? Don't termites exist where the ark is? Or wasn't it made of wood? Even if it was coated which I doubt, the coat must have long washed away.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Areaboy2(m): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: At that time there was no mediator between men and God...

Blasphemy!!!!! shocked God never changes. He remains the same yesterday, today and forever grin

Singing *Unchangeable, Unchangeable, Unchangeable god..* *whistling****

grin
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
Area_boy:

Blasphemy!!!!! shocked God never changes. He remains the same yesterday, today and forever grin

Singing *Unchangeable, Unchangeable, Unchangeable god..* *whistling****

grin

grin grin grin God is unchangeable but flexible.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Well it's still a mysery that has not been dissaproved
*God is unchangeable but he can change his law out of compassion

Question two

what will happen to you when you die
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Well it's still a mysery that has not been dissaproved
*God is unchangeable but he can change his law out of compassion

Question two

what will happen to you when you die

I just gave you two grounds on which it can be disproved.

I don't think anything happens when I die. Everything ends here.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
I don't know if this addresses the documentary you watched. But you can check it so you can be careful when next you claims about noahs ark being found

www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/bogus.html

Just Copy the link to your browser.
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Do you believe there is satan
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Do you believe there is satan

NO! NO!! NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Have you ever imagine how life would be if there was no one talking to you about God
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
@divepen,sorry for the interuption but i have my own questions:1.where will all our ancestors that where existing before christianity was brought go to 2.why do animals go through labour pains if it was only eve that ate the fruit 3.where will everybody in non-christian nations like saudi arabia,tibet,burma etc go to.Thank you in advance as i await you CLEAR AND CONCISE ANSWERS.PS: bible passages are not necessary just straight answers

1 Like

Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
I will soon be through wt d que for Rational then u can ask me
Re: Questions And Answers For Atheist by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Divepen: Have you ever imagine how life would be if there was no one talking to you about God

And of what good has it been talking to me about God? There are countries that are dominated by atheist where its difficult to imagine anybody talks to anyone about God. How has life been there?

With or without someone talking to me about God, life goes on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Euthanasia. Discussions with Quivah and Any Interested Party. / The True Race Of The Ancent Hebrew Isrelites...... / See What Christians Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.