Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt (2770 Views)

Ogoni People Hold Massive Protest In Rivers State Over Killings.Photos / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ / Breaking News! Rivers State Government House Is Being Attacked By Ogoni Youths! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by talk4free: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2013
There's a protest presently going on at Akpajo junction on east west road, blocking everybody heading towards onne, eleme, akwa Ibom and beyond. Protest is by ogoni people against the FG. They are requesting the immediate imementation of the UNEP report on Ogoniland.
Some few pictures are attached.

At this moment the two sides of the road has been blocked for about two hours hence a huge crowd and traffic.

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by talk4free: 9:06am On Dec 10, 2013
I can't post more pics now as I cannot edit them to smaller sizes. Protest is still very much on and elderly women and children have come from the villages to join them.
Complete standstill on eleme axis and Akpajo junction of east west road.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by kokoA(m): 9:13am On Dec 10, 2013
This getting interesting.. Since Rivers became an opposition state, the seat of government has not known peace. I hope "porhacourt issues" will not become part of the numerous wahalas oga Jona would have to battle with in the final days of his administration. ASUU, BH, House of rep, G7, etc plus porthacourt issues.. Bad combination.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 10, 2013
See APC drama, the broom people just woke Ogoni rented touts early.

Ask any of them what the report is all about and they can't alter any reasonable thing.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by twogood: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2013
Why must these guys always go about things the wrong way. Now people going about their normal business'll also be on the receiving end.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by ITbomb(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Dominiquez:

Ask any of them what the report is all about and they can't alter any reasonable thing.
They will tell you that a certain amount of money was asked by UN to be paid
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by hardywaltz(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Dominiquez: See APC drama, the broom people just woke Ogoni rented touts early.

If only you knew the amount of hatred Ogoni people have for GEJ rite now.
GEJ granted pardon to criminals and coupist even posthumously but refused to give Ken Sarowiwa & co pardon.
He refused to implement the UNEP report now that a Niger Deltan is President so for them its better if a Northerner or any other person is President than a clueless cow that thinks of only his stomach.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 11:14am On Dec 10, 2013
The Ogoni are a formidable political force in Rivers State and must be carried along in the equation of things.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by hardywaltz(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2013
otokx: The Ogoni are a formidable political force in Rivers State and must be carried along in the equation of things.
Ogoni + Ikwerre alone can vote in any Gov. That's why Ameachi holds them dear. Nyesom Wike can keep fooling himself with Minority tribes on election day we will see if Riverine + 50% of Obio Akpor + Etche votes are enuff to make him Governor.
We dey watch.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by dinachi(m): 11:31am On Dec 10, 2013
In a singing voice....Is about to go down!
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by collynzo2(m): 11:32am On Dec 10, 2013
talk4free: I can't post more pics now as I cannot edit them to smaller sizes. Protest is still very much on and elderly women and children have come from the villages to join them.
Complete standstill on eleme axis and Akpajo junction of east west road.
Go to www.postimage.org upload the pictures there and post the links here.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2013
If you are not resident in Rivers State, steer their of their local politics and let them evolve.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2013
hardywaltz:
Ogoni + Ikwerre alone can vote in any Gov. That's why Ameachi holds them dear. Nyesom Wike can keep fooling himself with Minority tribes on election day we will see if Riverine + 50% of Obio Akpor + Etche votes are enuff to make him Governor.
We dey watch.

But Ogoni + Ikwerre + Yorubas and Hausas in Rivers state can deliver the votes. Disagree ?
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2013
hardywaltz:
We dey watch.

Etche will not vote for WIKE as they are solidly behind AMAECHI.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: If you are not resident in Rivers State, steer their of their local politics and let them evolve.

wll you shut up !!!
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by hardywaltz(m): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2013
alj harem:

But Ogoni + Ikwerre + Yorubas and Hausas in Rivers state can deliver the votes. Disagree ?
Aboki I don't get u?
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2013
hardywaltz:
Aboki I don't get u?

My friend try to get me

Rivers state house other non-indigene just like Lagos and as other ehtnic group dictate the voting so is rivers
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2013
Why is it taking the FG this long to implement the UNEP report.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by hardywaltz(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2013
alj harem:

My friend try to get me

Rivers state house other non-indigene just like Lagos and as other ehtnic group dictate the voting so is rivers
95% of non-indigenous votes are domiciled in Obio Akpor, Port Harcourt City and Eleme LGAs, and are predominantly Igbos.
Governorship election may go APC if Ameachi presents an Ogoni (Sen. Magnus Abe) but Presidential elections will be PDP 99% even Ameachi & GEJ knows this.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by 1shortblackboy: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dominiquez: See APC drama, the broom people just woke Ogoni rented touts early.

its amazing how u can just sit in ur house and assume u know something abt a people. If u don't know the ogonis are now more active and aware politically since the days of Ken Saro wiwa. Afterall they successfully drove the "almighty" Shell from their community. Guy no dey talk wetin u no know o
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Olugbenger(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Desric(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
hardywaltz:
95% of non-indigenous votes are domiciled in Obio Akpor, Port Harcourt City and Eleme LGAs, and are predominantly Igbos.
Governorship election may go APC if Ameachi presents an Ogoni (Sen. Magnus Abe) but Presidential elections will be PDP 99% even Ameachi & GEJ knows this.
In Rivers State they hardly do election, its the Party or persons with the strongest structure on ground to rig that gets the highest votes. So If APC takes Governorship, don't be surprised they'll also take at least 77% of the votes for the Presidency.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
hardywaltz:

Amaechi replacement that's what we are interested in and it should not be Wike and or any of his devilish click.
As for GEJ, I wish him all the best in other region election.

What APC (Rivers) may do on that Presidential election is to stay at home to reduce PDP figures. Then, they can do catch up in other zones.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
kokoA: This getting interesting.. Since Rivers became an opposition state, the seat of government has not known peace. I hope "porhacourt issues" will not become part of the numerous wahalas oga Jona would have to battle with in the final days of his administration. ASUU, BH, House of rep, G7, etc plus porthacourt issues.. Bad combination.

This ongoing protest has nothing to do with local Rivers politics. its strictly about the refusal of Jonathan to commence the implementation of the UNEP report.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
hardywaltz:

If only you knew the amount of hatred Ogoni people have for GEJ rite now.
GEJ granted pardon to criminals and coupist even posthumously but refused to give Ken Sarowiwa & co pardon.
He refused to implement the UNEP report now that a Niger Deltan is President so for them its better if a Northerner or any other person is President than a clueless cow that thinks of only his stomach.

u spoke well.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: If you are not resident in Rivers State, steer their of their local politics and let them evolve.

Billygoat, this isnt local politics. Its a national issue. Stop being sttupid

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
Demdem:

This ongoing protest has nothing to do with local Rivers politics. its strictly about the refusal of Jonathan to commence the implementation of the UNEP report.
Yes,the protest has nothing to do with Rivers politic but don't you think its gonna affect it despite their hatred for Jonathan?
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
berem: Yes,the protest has nothing to do with Rivers politic but don't you think its gonna affect it despite their hatred for Jonathan?

I drove towards the protesters before withdrawing to go face my business when useless soldiers began to shoot. This didn't deter the protesters though. They are still there.
They kept saying that if Jonathan, a ss man won't implement the report, is it an Aboki that will come and implement it.
Ogoni people are currently angry with retardeen. Unep has nothing to do with Amaechi or APC. They may work against Jonathan if this stance remain. This will surely favour Amaechi
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by ifyalways(f): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
So much heat on GEJ now,most from his supposed "my fellow brethrens" lol
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Reports reaching me now suggests that the protesters are currently dispersing.
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
Demdem: Reports reaching me now suggests that the protesters are currently dispersing.
Did they protest towards the Government house? Was there any government top official who gave them audience?
Re: Massive Protest By Ogoni People In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
berem: Did they protest towards the Government house? Was there any government top official who gave them audience?

Govt house is far away from there. Their aim was to disrupt economic activities within this region which will affect FG income. Primarily, they blocked the way going to Onne. Refinery and petrochemical is also within this area.
Am not aware of any audience from govt, what I saw though were Soldiers shooting. Obviously their C-in-C sent them undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Is From The East / An Open Letter To Rev.stephen Akinola,G.O Redemption Ministries PH / Clampdown On APC Leaders And Loyalists Begins, Hon. Oke ARRESTED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.