Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66496 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by henrysam(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
How can your president be respected in committee of nations when we disgrace and insult our leaders on internet every minutes like something worst than this does not happen in other climes.
This is a food for thought.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by free2ryhme: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
king94: I'm confused here. Did the West kill Murtala cos my history books show me dat Dimka killed him.

That was half d story u were told in pry schl

EveRy coup. D'etat that took place in africa during d cold war era had western backing and sponsors. After muritala's Nigeria has come of age speech at d OAU meeting he was assasinated with d help of the CIA. Get d book Barrel of the Gun

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by InMyOpinion(m): 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
brainless, clueless nonsense (realy wonder why this makes front page).
91 heads of state are attending + about 10 former heads of State + other celebreties and you expect everyone to give tribute you fool?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OAM4J: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please post on topic. No irrelevant pictures please.

Thanks.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ennon92(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
fabulousdame: hmmmmm...even if nigeria is a failed country, it's not d worst.

i dnt care if gej or nigeria was snubbed...
dey only know nigeria for bad tins not d good tins. every country has it's own share of corruption. nigeria dint start it neither will dey end it.
watever, screw dem.
i love nigeria.
dats d fact and there's norring u can do abt it, with due respect is ur p-man a PDP member?
Nigeria is always a laughing stock in all spheres. WHAT A SHAME!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Beync(f): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

We really should have sent OBJ instead of this weak and timid man that commands zero respect even from cats and dogs...
am not surprise cos u r posting from ur cave no tv to watch, otherwise u would have seen that obj entered the stadium immediately after gej and jonathan was acknowledged not obj. This hating is doing people no good at all.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ronalmagic10(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
I thought I was the only one who observed it. I waited in vain to hear them call Jonathan's name and I began to think maybe he wasn't even at the stadium. I didn't bother about the omission of his name when I didn't hear the name of the president of other countries like Ghana, Ivory coast etc but I was disappointed. I was further angry when I heard the SA ambassador to Nigeria praising us for our role in liberating and supporting them over the years.

Even if they have no respect for Jonathan, they should have respect for Nigeria for her significant support to them , and for being the most populous black nation. It's a shame

Now I know for sure that a good name is more desirable than great riches and to be esteemed is better than silver and gold. I hope Jonathan, Obasanjo, all Nigerians that went there and those who watched on television or listened on radio will have a change of heart and endeavor to do even better than Mandela in every aspect of their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by jacksonsamuel: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Corruption...
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by free2ryhme: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
henrysam: How can your president be respected in committee of nations when we disgrace and insult our leaders on internet every minutes like something worst than this does not happen in other climes.

Western nations insult theiR leaders more than nigerians. Our leaders aRe coRrupt selfish and greedy and moral bankcrupt
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ooshinibos: 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
am concerned o , this Nigerian image is just too bad ..i wanted to rent a flat in Antwerp , Belgium , couple of months ago , the moment i mentioned ,i had nIGERIANS ROOTS ..the landlord lost interest and withdrew the contract , even though i had the money to pay ..

his bad experience with Nigerians triggered his decision... am beginning to think , the problem is not Jonathan ebele goodluck but 80 percent Nigerians , it bad guys ,it really , especially if you are an ordinary Nigerian ( if you a well known football star or sex symbol you might be ok on face value ) ...even Nigerians is diaspora avoid each other in public ,that how bad it is ...can someone suggest how we fix this stigma ..this is too much ...even in England sef ( i cant even start that one now ) HELLLPPPPPPP

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ddeola: 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
The truth be told, Nigeria deserves far more than what we have in our leadership now and we mustn't make the same mistake come 2015
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by wellmax(m): 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please pro GEJ, this thread is not about GEJ but about South African and how Nigeria politicians have made Nigeria loose relevance in the international arena.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by hercules07: 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nigeria helped SA in the fight against apartheid, but, the countries that border SA sacrificed far more than we did, Cuba helped far far more to liberate SA than Nigeria. Our leaders need to look inwards and go with the saying that Charity begins at home.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
hotwax:

Obasanjo can never be snubbed like that. FACT
OBJ would have taken down memory lane how he and his boss, Muhammed were instrumental in the liberation of SA.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by phreakabit(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
ceo4eva: I now strongly believe that this Jonathan's Administration Cultivates, Breeds, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.

This would have been a brilliant post if it had any form of relation to the OP's post. The disconnect is absolutely dumbfounding!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by BankManager(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yet another misleading thrend hitting the front-page.The President of Nigeria,Mr.Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was introduced,massively applauded and given a warm reception.Except u don't watch foreign stations like CNN,BBC or Al-jeezera,why not keep mute if u know nothing..Shocked to see many nairalanders believing this crap..!When you get used to local stations and crappy write-ups as this,u may easily think negative about your country and her leaders at the slightest opportunity..
Finally,i'm taking shots at nobody though..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by SPEED5: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
deor03: I listened live to when our dear president was introduced. The was huge roar from the crowd in the stadium.

what the OP stated is very untrue
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by imauri: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
docile people= docile government, corrupt people=corrupt government.... nigeria deserves her leaders for they are a product of its very own society .... the younger generation are still the same... too bad the innocent will continue to suffer.... this write up is exactly the state of the country and its present image globally, Nigerians are hated almost everywhere because of this and it rubs off on all others.... the begining of the end starts from 2014.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Lilimax(f): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
henrysam: How can your president be respected in committee of nations when we disgrace and insult our leaders on internet every minutes like something worst than this does not happen in other climes.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by SPEED5: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=SPEED5][/quote]
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by free2ryhme: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
ooshinibos: am concerned o , this Nigerian image is just too bad ..i wanted to rent a flat in Antwerp , Belgium , couple of months ago , the moment i mentioned ,i had nIGERIANS ROOTS ..the landlord lost interest and withdrew the contract , even though i had the money to pay ..

his bad experience with Nigerians triggered his decision... am beginning to think , the problem is not Jonathan ebele goodluck but 80 percent Nigerians , it bad guys ,it really , especially if you are an ordinary Nigerian ( if you a well known football star or sex symbol you might be ok on face value ) ...even Nigerians is diaspora avoid each other in public ,that how bad it is ...can someone suggest how we fix this stigma ..this is too much ...even in England sef ( i cant even start that one now ) HELLLPPPPPPP

D haRm has been done already
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by AfroBlue(m): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
the printer gonna be sacked?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by muhandis(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
tongue
either they snub us or not, history still as it that our role during the aparthied saga led to their independence. and also we trashed them at the mandela challenge cup, we lifted our third AFCON cup on their land and many more. they may be more developed but NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE SIDELINED

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by phantom(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
phreakabit:

This would have been a brilliant post if it had any form of relation to the OP's post. The disconnect is absolutely dumbfounding!
chairman...long time.how you dey?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by hercules07: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2013

Obama is far more insulted, leaders of other nations do not troll blogs looking for who is insulting their presidents, they have hard intelligence telling them about the cluelessness of our leaders.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by vicoloni(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jonatus!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by SPEED5: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bank Manager: Yet another misleading thrend hitting the front-page.The President of Nigeria,Mr.Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was introduced,massively applauded and given a warm reception.Except u don't watch foreign stations like CNN,BBC or Al-jeezera,why not keep mute if u know nothing..Shocked to see many nairalanders believing this crap..!Shit happens when you get used to local stations..
Finally,i'm taking shots at nobody though..
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Malakh: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
ceo4eva: I now strongly believe that this Jonathan's Administration Cultivates, Breeds, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.
Na farming and politics you learn for school

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ooshinibos: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
free2ryhme:

D haRm has been done already

DONT GIVE UP ; WE CAN STILL FIX IT BY SURRENDERING TO THE GERMANS or the CHINESE TO RULE US FOR 10 YEARS and hand over to Adminstrators or consultants , it obvious Nigerians cannot run Nigerian ..lets be honest please ,just for one day
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

And the same Britain aided and supported apartheid till the very last minute.. They get to fly in without Visa, but we have to go through then visa motions and pains..
It's absolutely absurd. Something has to be done to correct that anomaly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Funny President Rat Banner Warning Spotted In Lagos / Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years / Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.