Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66497 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by johnwell(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Is jonah-smile a president? What quality of a leader has he posses? Am glad he was snubbed.....
Nigeria needs a leader not an opportunist...
nobe today nyash dey for back, eedon tey.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Afro_Blue: the printer gonna be sacked?

I am flabbergasted by this to say the least. If Cuba who fought against the blacks oppression was included on this list, I don't see why Nigeria who also fought against the oppression shouldn't be included on the list.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is one of the silliest threads I have ever come across on Nairaland.
The OP is obviously suffering from his overdose intake of a hard drink called "Hate for Jonathan".

He needs "medical" attention urgently, this kind of toxin has serious health consequences.

All all of you who are supporting are actually enemies in disguise.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OAM4J: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is not about Jonathan, it is about the country he represent. It is a collective insult and a slap to all of us especially to our past leaders' who labored in no small way to see the end of apartheid.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by KwoiZabo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
steve_cantrell: South African presidents and S.africans in general have inherited Mandela's anger at Nigeria but the joke is on them.

Mandela, though credited with ending apartheid sold out the very people he was fighting for at the last minute, as former wife Winnie rightly said.

Blacks are are still economically disenfranchised, still make up the predominate ratio of the underclass, hiv/aids hasn't let lost its grip on their communities.

Whites on the other hand still control the natural mineral resources, they still control military apparatus and nuclear arsenal. They remain upwardly empowered economically and a strong racist undertone is still evident in their society.

Mandela, though he fought hard for his people, still gave up in the end and he got his due bowl porridge for his co operation.

Mandela is loved by the white man because he could have been another Mugabe but he refused to go against his captors plans for a new international Order.

This is what many people esp. South africans are too blind to see.

Thats all. This is the argument i have been putting forward on my Facebook wall for some days now.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by AjaraEwuro: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
So The President of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan didnt make a speech at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela, but so what? Critics have gone to the social media to say he was snubbed. Haba, what about over 90 other head of states who never made a speech? But critics will be quick to say Nigeria is the giant of Africa hence the President should have made a speech, if it pains you, why not go to the podium by force and ask that you want to make a speech on behalf of Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by gidzbobby: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
odua boy: But everone knows that corruption is on an all time high in retardeen's admnistration.
He eats,sleeps and drink corruption.

Bro, even when you get there, who knows the kind of cabinet you'll dine and whine with.... but peeps just keep talking like corruption was found by GEJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by whosefault(f): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
So una want make Nigeria sanction South Africa for not allowing our President talk for Madiba funeral. Una funny o. if everybody talk then the program go last till next week. They made available slot for six persons and that's it. Stop making or looking for frivolous statement in everything.
This is the same thing the dying man said, “We are great but we can only achieve that through hard work”.
If you school abroad you’ll understand why Nigerians break records when they travel out to study. A white lecturer never throws your question away even if it is elementary; they take their time to explain everything to you because they want you to know. We assume we know all things and that is the beginning of our problem in Nigeria.
When the government takes a decision, a trader will come up on channels TV to analyze and tell you why it will not work. We that are called under graduate will help the trader to spread the news that government policy will not work. You can only be a good leader if you follow well. Johnathan is leading well because he followed well and his vice is also following very well.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Tombilly(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
deshclones: what do u stand to gain from this childish write-up?

u most b one of doz people dragging diz country 2 d mud. U hate hearing d truth an wen its been spoken u just feel like dying. If u r a patrotic citizen of diz country u will agree wit d view of d writer cuz he z speaking d gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Malakh: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
who the heck is mandela for heavens sake, this dude was a communist, terrorist,marxist, you guys shouldn't believe all this hype about him thru the media, he was no saint,his hands was filled with blood, when i get some time,i'll post a link about his lifestyle
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Congratulation: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dats serve us right
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by extremelygolden: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
I watched the live broadcast from channel 199 (on DSTV) on MADIBA LIVE and I am still on the channel as I type. President Jonathan was the only President that was enormously acknowledged by the press, numbering about 10 to 15 as soon as he stepped into the arena. But with other Presidents, what I saw was just about 3 to 4 pressmen.
Nigeria was duly recognized and there was an ovation when Jonathan arrived.

Yes, Nigeria might be corrupt, but Nigeria still remain Nigeria and I am very proud to be a Nigerian. My sincere prayer for this great
Nation is that one day, Nigeria will rise again to fall no more and all the years the locusts, caterpillars and cankerworms in politics have eaten,
will be divinely restored in multiplefolds. And we'll regain our rightful place as The Giant of Africa!

Please instead of running our country down, let us continously lift it up to God in prayers and in our attitude.

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!
LONG LIVE ALL NIGERIANS BOTH HOME AND IN DIASPORA!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by solomon111(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nigerians can take things too far.
Nigeria is not the only nation that was not mentioned.
Many nations including russia wasn't mentioned.
The southafricans themselves have proven not to be very smart,so i expect Nigerians to cut them some slack.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by hercules07: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:
It's absolutely absurd. Something has to be done to correct that anomaly.

It is no anomaly, the reason SA is visa free to citizens of the UK is because they are not rushing in droves to the place, if SA sees that UK guys are coming to settle down in their country, they will change their entry requirements.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by moneyquest: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
The real question that bothers me is: Who will be our Mandella?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by AreaFada2: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Fact is until we begin to love ourselves, look after our people and if our dog doesn't eat the crumbs, we can give to outsiders, we will always be disrespected. NIGERIA FIRST AND FOREMOST AND F*CK EVERYONE ELSE like US does.

If SA was looking for countries to provide peacekeepers, we would be first to be asked to donate our soldiers as canon fodders.

USA and co that still had Mandela's name on terrorist list till about 5 years ago, are now those leading the tribute.

What an irony.

We only have ourselves to blame though.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
donphilopus: Why on earth would Namibian president speak on behalf of Africa?? If Mandela were to be a Nigerian, Jacob Zuma wouldn't have arrived Nigeria, before his name would be written among the people to speak.
Haba!, Namibia used to be South African baby? They were colonised by South Africa before they
obtained their independence.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Adurangba(f): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Its probably paining you guys that you are not given the opportunity to crticise his speech, his body language, what he said, what he didnt say and also use it to apportion more curses and insult on him. Thats what is paining you guys.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by plaindealer: 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Beync: am not surprise cos u r posting from ur cave no tv to watch, otherwise u would have seen that obj entered the stadium immediately after gej and jonathan was acknowledged not obj. This hating is doing people no good at all.

Who are they? The president and the shepo or and the vice president?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by amiskurie(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Acidosis: Lol...

Afterall, they've been reading the ridicule all over the internet...

Who wants to hear from a reta.rdeen?

Who wants to hear from the husband of a shepo.potamus?

Will deserve whatever we get as a country..
This is just the beginning!

Infact, I won't be surprised if All Nigerians are denied entry to the stadium!
We deserve it...
Mr Soyinka must be rejoicing now. Tambuwal, Buhari, Asari and all other e.diots who have disgraced this nation thinking they were embarrasing an innocent man...

What else do we have to be proud about?

Africa's No.1 Nation was shamed in an event organised by fellow continent-men.

This is just the beginning...

Yeeee!
this dude has come back to life....
the wake of death
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Martiyu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
That someone thinks dz post z childish or devoid of sense z ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by solomon111(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
I even thought it was something more serious only to enter the thread and realize the unnecessary outcry.
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Akpangbon: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nigerians are all over South Africa giving bad name to Nigeria, that's insulting enough. So, why will they care if your leader made a speech or not? Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by free2ryhme: 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
ooshinibos:

DONT GIVE UP ; WE CAN STILL FIX IT BY SURRENDERING TO THE GERMANS or the CHINESE TO RULE US FOR 10 YEARS and hand over to Adminstrators or consultants , it obvious Nigerians cannot run Nigerian ..lets be honest please ,just for one day

What is this mumu talkin abt
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by JonCina(m): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
So you painfully conditioned urself to write this just to show ur dislike for the President with the caption!
clap for urself!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Adura_ngba: Its probably paining you guys that you are not given the opportunity to crticise his speech, his body language, what he said, what he didnt say and also use it to apportion more curses and insult on him. Thats what is paining you guys.
More like it.
All the APC war Lords and e-worriors were all disappointed by this single act grin

They are now turning the whole thing to something else.

Quite pathetic to these sad loosers angry

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
ceo4eva: Despite leaving Nigeria early for the funeral of late South African leader, Nelson Mandela, President Goodluck Jonathan has been snubbed by the South African authorities at the State Memorial Service of the anti-apartheid leader.

An official release of programmes during the memorial service shows that the Nigerian president was missing on the list of world leaders billed to give tributes. The world leaders who will be giving tributes are, United State President, Barack Obama; President Dilma Rousseff of Brazil; Vice-President Li Yuanchao of China; President Hifikepunye Pohamba of Namibia; President Pranab Mukherjee of India; and President Raúl Castro Ruz of Cuba.

Other leaders billed to give tributes are the United Nations Secretary-General, Ban Ki-Moon; and the African Union Commission Chair, Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma.

Though Mr. Jonathan is not the only head of state that would not give tribute- there are about 90 heads of state attending the funeral, the apparent snub handed Mr. Jonathan also appears to rubbish the enormous effort played by Nigeria to bring an end to apartheid in South Africa at a time when Western governments were pussyfooting to pressure the apartheid government to renounce its policy of segregation and its brutal abuses against the black majority. Some Western governments including the U.S. had even designated the ruling Africa National Congress (ANC) as a terrorist organisation, and Mandela a terrorist.

This point was also highlighted by the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, on Monday in a chat with journalists.
“There are more questions to answer. When you look at the part of the world where ovation is now the loudest, it was the part of the world the pain was the most vicious. In a very cruel irony, history is being revised.

“The people, who collaborated with the government that enthroned apartheid at that time, are the people that are paying the biggest tributes now. But I ask myself: is this not the time for deep reflection? I doubt if any African country expended as much time, as much money and as much commitment as the Nigerian Government.

“I was a teenager then in 1976 when anti-apartheid campaign really gained resurgence in every home in this country. Nigeria paid a huge price for what South Africa has become today. I remember the anti-apartheid campaign was at the core of Nigerian foreign policy.

“Apart from scholarship given to South Africans, I remember President Yar’Adua met Thabo Mbeki in South Africa and he was telling me about their relationship, which he said was dated to when Mbeki used to come to Zaria for student exchange programme. I remember we did not go for Commonwealth Games because of South Africa. I remember we took drastic measures against the foreign collaborators of apartheid regime and nationalised assets.”

However, Lagos-based lawyer, Jiti Ogunye, says Nigerian politicians are to be blame for the pedestrian level the country presently occupies in the international community. He says the complete atrophy of the respect the country was accorded in global affairs was as a result of years of misrule and corruption by the country’s politicians.

“Nigeria has lost its social, political and economic glory domestically and that glory that is lost cannot be recovered at Mandela’s funeral,” he said.

“While Nigeria officialdom maybe in a state of discomfiture by the non-recognition of Nigeria in the protocol of the funeral, the point is that it is not what Nigeria did for South Africa or for Angola or for any of the frontline states like Namibia that Nigeria will be remembered. It not the support Nigeria gave to the ANC… that Nigeria will be recognised by, it is what Nigeria has done for itself and what Nigeria has not done for itself. And we’ve done a lot against ourselves. Look at our country; our country is broken in many respects and no you’re talking about xenophobia, what led to it? Nigerian young people go overseas and become criminals the way we are criminals in our own country.

People leave the shore of Nigeria to be criminals outside our shores. Right from the time they leave Nigeria they’re going overseas to be criminals. We are exporting blue-collar crimes and Yahoo Yahoo to all sorts of countries, to Malaysia and are we blaming those countries for our own woes?
“How you will be regarded abroad is determined by how you’re regarded at home. Now how is the Nigeria state regarded by Nigerians? The Nigerian state is regarded by Nigerian as an uncaring state, as a heartless state, as a state that has no love for its people, as a state that has abandoned its people. So how has the Nigerian state treated its own people before we start taking offence at how the Nigerian state is treated by another country?

“Those who may be belly-aching about not being giving recognition by the organisers of the funeral of Mandela should know that while they may not be regarded, the South African people regard Nigeria. Go and read all the accounts, the role that is played by Nigerians is recognised in all those imperishable works and this cannot be obliterated by this treatment that is accorded to Nigerian officials that we at home have contempt for.

If we are disgraced outside, that disgrace didn’t come from outside that disgrace come from within because we have disgraced and debased ourselves. Do you expect anybody to take you seriously when what your rulers are known for is taking your money and cashing them away? In fact it s better they are humiliated outside so that they can come back home and be serious. If bad people are accorded all the respect and dignity that good people should be accorded how do you think they will change.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151219-jonathan-snubbed-mandelas-memorial.html
bruv, your write up is sentimental no offence intended....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Forwetinnah: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
ooshinibos: am concerned o , this Nigerian image is just too bad ..i wanted to rent a flat in Antwerp , Belgium , couple of months ago , the moment i mentioned ,i had nIGERIANS ROOTS ..the landlord lost interest and withdrew the contract , even though i had the money to pay ..

his bad experience with Nigerians triggered his decision... am beginning to think , the problem is not Jonathan ebele goodluck but 80 percent Nigerians , it bad guys ,it really , especially if you are an ordinary Nigerian ( if you a well known football star or sex symbol you might be ok on face value ) ...even Nigerians is diaspora avoid each other in public ,that how bad it is ...can someone suggest how we fix this stigma ..this is too much ...even in England sef ( i cant even start that one now ) HELLLPPPPPPP

Lol..APC will tell you its ALL GEJs fault, Buhari and Tinubu will claim they can end the stigma even when they're part of the circus who helped in decorating the long hall down the bleep hole we find ourselves today. Thing is, we never tell ourselves the truth..anyways, the day is all about Madiba not GEJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
JonCina: So you painfully conditioned urself to write this just to show ur dislike for the President with the caption!
clap for urself!
It is a sponsored write up by the opposition todiscredit our President angry
So sad!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by donphilopus: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lilimax:
Haba!, Namibia used to be South African baby? They were colonised by South Africa before they
obtained their independence.
For the fact that they were colnised by SA, doesn't make their president speech maker! Anyways, it doesn't seem to matter to some of us.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by shushu211: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
oga lilimax,nigeria have been stopped from participatin in many int'l activities,so am not surprised dat oga jona was snubbed.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by InvertedHammer: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
moneyquest: The real question that bothers me is: Who will be our Mandella?

MONEYQUEST SHOULD BE OUR MANDELA!

Abi Mandela get two heads?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years / Funny President Rat Banner Warning Spotted In Lagos / Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.