Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State (1284 Views)

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) / National Assembly Approves Life Pension For President, Vice In New Constitution / Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loanrequest For Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State by DaHitler(m): 4:10am On Jun 18, 2006
The Senate just passed a bill that gives life pension for Military heads of State.

You would think that with the new democracy, past leaders that abused power would be put on trial, and if found guilty, executed. But in what is being practiced in Nigeria, past heads of States with blood of the innocent on their hands are given monetary compensation for the rest of the lives.

Where is the monetary compensation for all those that were brutally murdered by these monsters? Furthermore, who are the Senators really representing when they pass a bill like this?

At the very least, they should attach a mandatory review for all previous heads of State that would deny them access to this pension money if they are found to have participated in gross mis-conduct while in office.

Do you all support bills like this?

Link: http://odili.net/news/source/2006/jun/16/323.html
Re: Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State by otokx(m): 11:54am On Jun 18, 2006
this is another type of government magic; an evil under the sun. it will only encourage the young chaps in the army to engage in coup plots.
Re: Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State by ToyM28(f): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2006
Afeni for the first time, i find ma self supporting u. OMG i must be out of ma mind. shocked shocked shocked

But to d point, i agree with u. What happened 2 d whole concept of democray nd Rule of law. Everything this guyz are doing, [i wld be pleased 2 be quoted], is completely bunkers. They are all doing this out of their selfish gains. For those who arent millitary officers nd who accept the bill, they are doing it 2 gain favour from their millitary conterparts. What an insane bill.
Re: Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State by DaHitler(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2006
Its good to see that I am not the only one that thinks this is outrageous.

You would think that the Senate will be conducting probes of past-Military heads of State and holding them accounting of stolen funds. But instead, they are being given life time hand outs.

And yes, this will encourage coups. With the way things are going, I won't be surprised if there is another coup in Nigeria. Because clearly, the Senate and Representative don't seem like the time that will fight for Democracy.
Re: Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State by darrensy: 7:06am On May 12, 2012
This is only good,, and those service men should deserve this.

sample mba essays

(1) (Reply)

I Am Hungry, Please Re-brand Me. / Zamfara State Has Less Than £1 Million Pounds After Paying Salaries. / Yaradua Incurs N55m Parking Fees In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.